Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254778 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195782 Nov 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think by Christianity you mean Pauline Christianity. There has been a Monotheistic Church also who says that Jesus was a Prophet of God.
Salaams
MUQ
I get so sick and tired of listening to these stupid claims of polytheism. MUQ, can you tell me one place in the NT where it says Gods instead of God? Aren't polytheists supposed to say Gods? All that you people do is to follow Muhammad's misunderstandings just because Muhammad told you to. Muhammad thought Christians believed in an actual, literal family of Gods, because that's what his fellow pagan Bedouins believed in, the moon god and his two daughters. So Muhammad figured that the Christians must be talking about a family of Gods as well. God the Father, Mary the mother and Jesus the son, rather than some spiritual sort of union, which is what Christianity is actually referring to. This is why misunderstanding Muslims also read into Christian scriptures as though they are talking about God raping Mary. That's how they arrive at that twisted interpretation. Muslims have no depth of thought, because the Muhammad had no depth of thought, so therefore, everything is read literally, because that's the way most of the Quran was written. You can't read the Bible the same way one would read the Quran. There are much deeper and symbolic concepts in the Bible than there is in the Quran and one has to take that into account when they read it.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195783 Nov 26, 2013
(Contd..)

For these various reasons a great number of fierce Turkish troops were in the city. When the soldiers proceeded to apprehend the Hindus and infidels who
had fled to Delhi, many of them drew their swords and offered resistance. The flames of strife thus lighted spread through the entire city from Jahan-panah and Siri to Old Delhi, consuming all they reached. The savage Turks fell to killing and plundering, while the Hindus set fire to their houses with their own hands, burned their wives and children in them, and rushed into the fight and were killed. The Hindus and infidels of the city showed much alacrity and boldness in fighting. The amirs who were in charge of the gates prevented any more soldiers from entering Delhi, but the flames of war had risen too high for this precaution to be of any avail in extinguishing them.

All day Thursday and throughout the night, nearly fifteen thousand Turks were engaged in slaying, plundering, and destroying.

When Friday morning dawned, my entire army, no longer under control, went off to the city and thought of nothing but killing, plundering, and making prisoners. The sack was general during the whole day, and continued throughout the following day, Saturday, the seventeenth (Dec. 27), the spoil being so great that each man secured from fifty to a hundred prisoners, men, women, and children, while no soldier took less than twenty. There was likewise an immense booty in rubies, diamonds, garnets, pearls, and other gems; jewels of gold and silver; gold and silver money of the celebrated Alai coinage; vessels of gold and silver; and brocades and silks of great value. Gold and silver ornaments of the Hindu women were obtained in such quantities as to exceed all account. Excepting the quarter of the Sayyids, the scholars, and the other Mussulmans, the whole city was sacked. The pen of fate had written down this destiny for the people of this city, and although I was desirous of sparing them, I could not succeed, for it was the will of God that this calamity should befall the city.

On the following day, Sunday, it was brought to my knowledge that a great number of infidel Hindus had assembled in the Jami’ Masjid of Old Delhi, where they had carried arms and provisions, and had prepared to defend themselves. Some of my people who had gone that way on business were wounded by them, whereupon I immediately ordered Amir Shah Malik and Ali Sultan Tawachi to take a party of men and clear the house of God of infidels and idolaters. They accordingly attacked these infidels and put them to death, after which Old Delhi was plundered.

I ordered that all the artisans and clever mechanics who were masters of their respective crafts should be selected from among the prisoners and set aside, and accordingly some thousands of craftsmen were bidden to await my command All these I distributed among the princes and amirs who were present, or who were officially engaged in other parts of my dominions.

I had determined to build a Jami’ Masjid in Samarkand, the seat of my empire, which should be without a rival in any country; and for this reason I ordered that all builders and stone-masons should be set apart for my own especial service.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195784 Nov 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker,
You have not commented on my following post, which was addressed to Buford and also posted to you for your 'esteemed' comments:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
Are you waiting to see it get buried among the heap of posts, so that you can pretend as if you never saw it? lol!
Post 195744 seems to be gone and your link does not work. It's weird because your link says p9246#c195744 in it, which I think should mean page 9246 and post number 195744, but there is no page 9246 yet. Anyway, I found the page that the post number is supposed to be on, but it jumps from 195743 to 195745

Anyway, why am I automatically supposed to be expected to reply to a post you made to Buford? If you want to repost it and address it to me, I will answer it. I avoid nothing, while you avoid many things. If you can't answer something, you use the tactic of merely trying to call it silly, as your excuse for not being able to answer it. Don't think everybody is stupid and they can't see that.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195785 Nov 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Every one is "criticizing my book for past 1400 years"....that is the easiest job in the world.
What no one has been capable of bringing another book like it, or ten chapter like or even one chapter like it!!
What would someone have to do to make a chapter "like it"? What does "like it" really mean? I asked you this before and I never got an answer.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195786 Nov 26, 2013
(Contd..)

It is said that during his 3-4 months stay in India, he is credited with Slaying 500,000 ~ 1 million innocent Indians. And what are the motives ?

1) To become Champion of Faith As per command of Allah and his Prophet.
2) Immense wealth & War Booty.

Can there be a greater Example of UNGODLY SAVEGERY?????

If the True Words of God results in the Killing and destruction of 500000 Human Lives within a span of 3 months (5000 per day), I would pray to God that I remain a follower of Human Beings (As muslims think) who teach us that -

If your wholes life's Prayers and worships can save a single Human Life, you can think that your life has become successful.

On the contrary, we are shocked to see that a true believer of Allah has become the reason for nearly half a million human life destruction.

If at all there is "Last Day", the Imposter who wrote this Book called "Quran" will pay to God the full interest and Principal and there is no doubt about it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195787 Nov 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your state is summed up like this, you are a LYING DUMB BITCH and an ASS.
Oh no, no no no. You're not angry at all. LOL!!! Just keep telling yourself that. Just keep shouting that others need to stop shouting.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195788 Nov 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate of people is the prerogative and DOMAIN of you and your fellow Judahites.
Wasn't Jesus a Judahite? I guess you would say no, because you appear to be under the mistaken impression that Judahite refers to Jewish converts, at least according to what you said a while back. I even re-quoted it before. It was pretty clear what you were saying. Has your story since changed?
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195789 Nov 26, 2013
Now Friends,

Let's take look at the benevolence of this SAVAGE called Taimur Lang -

"Excepting the quarter of the Sayyids, the scholars, and the other Mussulmans, the whole city was sacked. The pen of fate had written down this destiny for the people of this city, and although I was desirous of sparing them, I could not succeed, for it was the will of God that this calamity should befall the city."

OH!!! WHAT A GREAT BELIEVER!!!!!

This is just one example among the True Believers of Islam, and there are many more .......

Now let us take look at what is the TRUE VICTORY OF TRUTH OVER FALSE HOOD

In 1400 AD, the total estimated population of India was 10 Crores (Nearly 85 million were Hindus). Inspite of Death & destruction inflicted by the so called true believers(A recent estimate states that in last 1400 years, a total of 80 million Hindus were killed by Jihadis), the World population of Hindus stands today at 1.06 Billion and Hindus have not forcefully converted a single person of other faith. This is the Victory of Truth Over False Hood.

And what the true believers did, they killed 270 million person of other Faith (Including Women & Children, the nos. of sufferers could be well over half a billion). Now they boast that the total nos. of believers is 1.5 Billion, But what they think as victory is actually a shameful tale of nu-restrained human slaughter And in reality this is the DEFEAT OF FALSEHOOD IN FRONT OF TRUTH
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195790 Nov 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Every one is "criticizing my book for past 1400 years"....that is the easiest job in the world.
What no one has been capable of bringing another book like it, or ten chapter like or even one chapter like it!!
When the challenge is set, only then one finds out what is truth and what is false hood.
From Al-Sira by al-'Iraqi

The scribes of Muhammad were 42 in number.`Abdallah Ibn Sarh al-`Amiri was one of them, and he was the first Quraishite among those who wrote in Mecca before he turned away from Islam. He started saying, "I used to direct Muhammad wherever I willed. He would dictate to me 'Most High, All-Wise', and I would write down 'All-Wise' only. Then he would say,'Yes it is all the same'. On a certain occasion he said,'Write such and such', but I wrote 'Write' only, and he said,'Write whatever you like.'" So when this scribe exposed Muhammad, he wrote in the Qur'an, "And who does greater evil than he who forges against God a lie, or says,'To me it has been revealed', when naught has been revealed to him." So on the day Muhammad conquered Mecca, he commanded his scribe to be killed. But the scribe fled to `Uthman Ibn `Affan, because `Uthman was his foster brother (his mother suckled `Uthman).`Uthman, therefore, kept him away from Muhammad. After the people calmed down,`Uthman brought the scribe to Muhammad and sought protection for him. Muhammad kept silent for a long time, after which he said yes. When `Uthman had left, Muhammad said "I only kept silent so that you (the people) should kill him."
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195791 Nov 26, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
Now Friends,
Let's take look at the benevolence of this SAVAGE called Taimur Lang -
"Excepting the quarter of the Sayyids, the scholars, and the other Mussulmans, the whole city was sacked. The pen of fate had written down this destiny for the people of this city, and although I was desirous of sparing them, I could not succeed, for it was the will of God that this calamity should befall the city."
OH!!! WHAT A GREAT BELIEVER!!!!!
This is just one example among the True Believers of Islam, and there are many more .......
Now let us take look at what is the TRUE VICTORY OF TRUTH OVER FALSE HOOD
In 1400 AD, the total estimated population of India was 10 Crores (Nearly 85 million were Hindus). Inspite of Death & destruction inflicted by the so called true believers(A recent estimate states that in last 1400 years, a total of 80 million Hindus were killed by Jihadis), the World population of Hindus stands today at 1.06 Billion and Hindus have not forcefully converted a single person of other faith. This is the Victory of Truth Over False Hood.
And what the true believers did, they killed 270 million person of other Faith (Including Women & Children, the nos. of sufferers could be well over half a billion). Now they boast that the total nos. of believers is 1.5 Billion, But what they think as victory is actually a shameful tale of nu-restrained human slaughter And in reality this is the DEFEAT OF FALSEHOOD IN FRONT OF TRUTH
Oh no, no no no. dees all lize. u ees hater ov eeslam. mooslems no doo dees.

It's funny how Christians are forced to acknowledge the bad things the Church did in the past, but Muslims are not honest about their past. They acknowledge nothing and lie about it.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195792 Nov 26, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeta was directly spoken by God to One of His greatest Devotees, and as per the estimates, the Geeta in written form was composed around 400~500 BCE...
Are you "inventing" your own history? Who wrote Geeta? Was he present when "god" was revealing Geeta?

At no point of time Krishna was God Almighty. This is another of your "Fundamental Mistakes"

What is relation between Geeta and Other Hindu Scriptures?

Which can cancel whom?

And do not start another topic about wars in India between invading armies, that is a separate topic.

Do not mix the two.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195793 Nov 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anybody been able to bring a book like Shakespeare's? If so, can you name one? I'm not aware of any. But this gets back into the question of what one means when they say "like it". And who decides what "like it" really means? The whole challenge is actually an empty one and a very bizarre one.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195794 Nov 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
At no point of time Krishna was God Almighty. This is another of your "Fundamental Mistakes"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195795 Nov 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you "inventing" your own history? Who wrote Geeta? Was he present when "god" was revealing Geeta?
What is relation between Geeta and Other Hindu Scriptures?
Which can cancel whom?
And do not start another topic about wars in India between invading armies, that is a separate topic.
Do not mix the two.
Krishna was always the God Almighty to us, you fool. But the question is not that, even if he was not God Almighty, the question here is the Teaching of Krishna in "Geeta" and teaching of Your Mohammad (In the name of Allah Of course) in "Quran".

It is the teaching of Geeta that gives us fraternity and true philosophies which HOLD true even today.On the contrary, it the teaching of "Quran" that created the Savages like "Taimur" who Destroyed Humanity.

Don't be a shameless full any more and defend your false Doctrine in such Shameless Manner. Face the facts and accept the truth.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195796 Nov 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I just love to rattle your chains. Brings joy to my heart.
1. Covet not my Jewellery.

2. What a pity that your enslavers are so pauperized that they cannot afford to buy you a collar. You need a new set of masters.
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#195797 Nov 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Covet not my Jewellery.
2. What a pity that your enslavers are so pauperized that they cannot afford to buy you a collar. You need a new set of masters.
So, Hugh, let's discuss the statement of BMZ
bmz wrote:
You said No to my question "Do you believe that the God of Abraham was triune?" and I am glad you said that.
I am not splitting hairs. There is a huge difference between the God of Abraham and the alleged triune God of Christianity.
It is not a small or an unimportant difference. So, you cannot say that I was splitting hairs.
Therefore, BMZ disagreed with my statement that Christians believe in the mono-theistic G-d of Abraham because Christians believe in the trinity/triune. Is BMZ correct? Are Christians pagans?[Definition of pagan: heathen 1; especially : a follower of a polytheistic religion.]

I have always supported Christians as believers in the the mono-theistic G-d of Abraham. Remember my belief in the Noahide principles and belief that Christians would be covered by them? Principle #1 is belief in the mono-theistic G-d of Abraham.

So, what say you?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#195799 Nov 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>So, Hugh, let's discuss the statement of BMZ

Therefore, BMZ disagreed with my statement that Christians believe in the mono-theistic G-d of Abraham because Christians believe in the trinity/triune. Is BMZ correct? Are Christians pagans?[Definition of pagan: heathen 1; especially : a follower of a polytheistic religion.]

I have always supported Christians as believers in the the mono-theistic G-d of Abraham.

Remember my belief in the Noahide principles and belief that Christians would be covered by them?

Principle #1 is belief in the mono-theistic G-d of Abraham.
So, what say you?
HughBe does not believe in Trinity.

Noahide laws applied to all, who followed Noah. His generations followed and obeyed.

Noahide laws were the foundation and a prelude to the ten commandments.

It is wrong to say that the Noahide laws are for non-Jews. I do not agree with this lame reasoning, Eric.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#195800 Nov 26, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Krishna was always the God Almighty to us, you fool. But the question is not that, even if he was not God Almighty, the question here is the Teaching of Krishna in "Geeta" and teaching of Your Mohammad (In the name of Allah Of course) in "Quran".
It is the teaching of Geeta that gives us fraternity and true philosophies which HOLD true even today.On the contrary, it the teaching of "Quran" that created the Savages like "Taimur" who Destroyed Humanity.

Don't be a shameless full any more and defend your false Doctrine in such Shameless Manner. Face the facts and accept the truth.
Don't try to fool us, please.

Krishna ranks 3rd. Shiva Lingam, the rapist, who lost his lingha (dick) after the sages in the jungle tore it and threw into the ground, ranks 2nd. Does the story in the Puranas ring a loud bell about the rapist Shiva Lingam?

Can you name the top ten gods of Hinduism?
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#195801 Nov 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe does not believe in Trinity.
Noahide laws applied to all, who followed Noah. His generations followed and obeyed.
Noahide laws were the foundation and a prelude to the ten commandments.
It is wrong to say that the Noahide laws are for non-Jews. I do not agree with this lame reasoning, Eric.
First, you need to let Hugh speak to his belief in the Trinity or not.

Second, I never said that the Noahide laws are for non-Jews. I believe that the Noahide laws pertain to everyone who wishes to find favor with G-d.
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#195802 Nov 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you need to let Hugh speak to his belief in the Trinity or not.
Second, I never said that the Noahide laws are for non-Jews. I believe that the Noahide laws pertain to everyone who wishes to find favor with G-d.
Oh, and let's not split hairs again. Hugh's beliefs are closer to Triune than Trinity. But I put both in my original post as did you in your original post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Sep 19 T Marie 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sep 14 Pariah 4,886
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Sep 14 Bob of Quantum-Faith 843
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Sep 13 Philbert 23
Anyone still at this forum Aug '16 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug '16 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
More from around the web