Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,273

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Alex WM

London, UK

#195662 Nov 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The doctrine of the Trinity is given by God himself!...
Which God gave this title?
Did they say it in unison...?
Do you remember when the ghostly dove descended...and daddy spoke....the son also spoke ...so with the dove also speaking...
They together can say..." trinity is given by us"!!!
A news reported by river jordan would have "seen" three distinct objects..... a voice form above ( what language? not english i guess..lol), a dove...and a man......they are not one and the same!
Alex WM

London, UK

#195663 Nov 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call God by any "right sounding names", or Good names.
Like calling him God, YHWH, Ishwar, Parmeshwar and similar names.
Calling Him by names like Braham, Vishnu and Shiva is wrong, because people have made specific images and idols of these gods. When they worship Shiva, they never think of Vishnu and like wise.
Calling him Krishna or Ram is totally wrong, because these were human beings. How we can call them God when they were Created by God?
You have basic misconception about God.
In Quran , more than 99 names of God are mentioned., but they all denote and point to the same Allah.
When we call Him, Rahman, Rahim, Khaliq, Rab etc....they all point to same Allah.
Your basic assumption is wrong and all your arguments based on that assumptions are also wrong.
In Quran we are told "Call upon Allah by beautiful names, and shun those names which are soiled by people".
By making Idols and statues and pictures of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, you people have "soiled" these names, even if they referred to God in distant past.
So these names cannot be used for God, unless you break all those false statues and idols and people forget about these statues and idols.
Salaam, brother.
Thank you for the responses to TS as my post would have been very similar.
You are absolutely right about their confused thinking including ascribing partners to God!
Take care
Salaams.
Alex WM

London, UK

#195664 Nov 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ Seeker
Please stop bugging HughBe.
You keep attacking Islam and the Prophet, and we will keep attacking Christianity and the biblical Jesus.
Knowing his good and noble nature, I have repeatedly apologized to HughBe for hammering Christianity and he understands what is going on here.
He knows that Christians attack and Muslims hammer back.
It is as simple as that. You can do without his support. Anyway, HughBe is not a trinitarian. Would you like to discuss Trinity with HughBe?
I agree, bro.
Salaams.
Alex WM

London, UK

#195665 Nov 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Please pray for me that I may see the light.
Seeker---Why would I need to do that?
HughBe--- Perhaps because Christians are INSTRUCTED to pray for each other. Do you feel that my reason is good enough?
By the way Christians are also instructed to pray for Muslims.
So pray for Alex and BMZ.
Greetings and thank you for your prayers dear HughBe.
I have missed many of the posts but managed to notice this.
May God Bless you and my prayers are with you and your family.
Peace.
I pray for all our "sparring and non sparring" partners here!

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#195666 Nov 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What does someone do to accept being here in TheTorah? Do they accept you as Adam returning? Is that what you are asking everybody to do? Is there anything else that people must do? Suppose people accept you as the return of Adam. What next?
rabbee: how can anyone believe in G-D, and not accept the twice coming of Adam here in TheTorah? even if you disagree with me as TheHisSon adam, it is still going to happen. i would be happy if you had expected, the return of adam and his mate, even if you rejected me as that adam. and in fact - if you expected the return, of mr and mrs jesus christ, would be better than what you believe now.

to believe in G-D, and Worship G-D here in TheTorah Happening. is not that much to ask, from any of you. nor do i believe i would need to teach to you anything else, if you truly accepted being here and now in TheTorah. i believe you are capable of seeing, The-Light here in TheTorah without any additional input from me. you should be able to look-up, these last hour and a half for his sixth day. and determine the truth, of what is really happening for yourselves.

i do not want any one, to be dependent upon me for their truth here in TheTorah from G-D. just realize it's going to happen that way, unless we can change G-D mind on this. and we can't change G-D'S mind, by acting like a bunch of wild, not here in TheTorah animals. let's all just be here in TheTorah, to see what G-D does. it has got to be better, than being an enemy of G-D, with all the pestilence, plague, and famine commanded being sent. i rather have a blessing here in TheTorah, than to be cursed by G-D for not being here in TheTorah.
Alex WM

London, UK

#195667 Nov 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly would if I thought it would ever do any good, but it never will. Their minds are finished for good. A better idea than praying is to show them why Islam is false. But forget about my mannerisms, i know for a fact that no matter how nice one is to them, they simply are not even capable of considering any clear error in the Quran even if it is right in front of their nose and blinking. The lights are on but nobody's home..
and there are no errors in gospels.......pot..kettle...po t...kettle..

Denver, CO

#195668 Nov 24, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker, you are not getting it!
Why on earth do you need a trinity now?
The son died (ghost and dad did not die) and is unemployed.
Get it?
That buries the trinity.
Your "god" is moving towards unity....and once you realise that "ghost" is an illusion.....you will be left with "father".....I can say to you "welcome to Islam"!!
rabbee: your scripture rejects, this second coming of Benee Adam. so your assuming that the one, they call jesus is dead is false according to their scriptures. and according to your alleged scripture, you have no choice but to deny this. otherwise your whole quran falls through the cracks.

i can assure you, the alleged one they call jesus is still quite alive again. and no i am not unemployed in the world, just retired here in it again. and if you choose to not comprehend FATHER/MOTHER/BABY, then you are going to denounce any father, mother, baby trinity on earth. as you are denouncing, your parents also.

as i am sure that even christians, fully understand The alleged Trinity. even my being here again, says your quran is fallible. since TheTorah is TheOnly Scripture, that truly and accuratly predicts my being here in IT again.

Denver, CO

#195669 Nov 24, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Which God gave this title?
Did they say it in unison...?
Do you remember when the ghostly dove descended...and daddy spoke....the son also spoke ...so with the dove also speaking...
They together can say..." trinity is given by us"!!!
A news reported by river jordan would have "seen" three distinct objects..... a voice form above ( what language? not english i guess..lol), a dove...and a man......they are not one and the same!
rabbee: oh that is, too easy of a one.

"(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created Them.

G-D blessed Them, and G-D said to Them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

and please note it does not say, let US make man in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS. it is only talking about TheOne they errantly call jesus christ.

Denver, CO

#195670 Nov 24, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
and there are no errors in gospels.......pot..kettle...po t...kettle..
rabbee: well i'll bet all of you muslims, only thought you got out of being here in TheTorah too. because some subtle talking critters of the fields, slipped you a quran.

your all so set, in your religious ways of sin. that i must wait, for all those who have sinned against G-D here in TheTorah to die. because you all have, your not here in TheTorah excuses from those subtle talking critters of the fields again.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#195671 Nov 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
This one needed repeating. So let's slowly step through the logic of what you are saying and look at the underlying implications.
1) Jesus was a prophet of God and therefore he was doing what God wanted him to do or planned for him to do or carrying out God's mission for him.
2) That means God selected Jesus to carry out God's mission
3) Jesus botched the mission through a multitude of failures
4) God picked the wrong guy for the job and Jesus botched it.
5) God sometimes doesn't know how to pick the right guy for the job.
6) God's mission failed because he picked the wrong guy for the job
7) God's missions can fail
8) God can fail
9) But God can learn and correct his past failures
10) God corrected his past failures with the Quran and by selecting the right guy for the job this time, which was Muhammad
God cannot fail, it's all part of the plan. Isaiah 42:4 "He shall not fail, nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth, and the isles shall wait for his law". The last messenger is the Jewish Messiah, God incarnate.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195672 Nov 24, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again seeker...
The failure comes into play with "capitulation" known as "perfect sacrifice".
Tactical withdrawal is an entirely different matter and it does not amount to failure, but a temporary set back.
God has temporary setbacks? Don't temporary setbacks involve error and an initial lack of judgement that normal people make?
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
God's mission does not fail.
There have been many Prophets/messengers with disastrous missions.
Who? and are you saying that God did not intend for it to work out that way, for whatever reasons that God had?
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
They are given a bit of free choice. Otherwise what is the point?
Jesus asked for help (Heb 5:7) and he got help.
He escaped.
So he picked the wrong guy, and that guy screwed up, so God helped him out of it. And God picks the wrong people for these missions. But God keeps learning and keeps picking better and better people each time.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read Mark without 16:9-20 you will start to get the drift!
What God wants to do with Jesus pbuh or his mission is up to God.
So you are saying that God wanted Jesus to fail? And if he did, then wouldn't Jesus' failure actually be a success if that's what God wanted? Or, maybe God did not want that and God failed. It's your choice. Pick one, but you can't have both.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Prophet Muhammed pbuh, appeared on the scene and saved monotheism in style! He also helped us save Jesus by getting people to worship God instead of a naked man on a pole.
I don't see how that saves Jesus at all, but I do see how your explanation makes you out to be the childish arss that you probably are. You really just can't think things through properly, can you. You never even thought of half of the questions that I asked before you created these ridiculous explanations, You just don't ask yourself what these stupid inventions could possible mean upon proper analysis, before you invent them.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195673 Nov 24, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: how can anyone believe in G-D, and not accept the twice coming of Adam here in TheTorah? even if you disagree with me as TheHisSon adam, it is still going to happen. i would be happy if you had expected, the return of adam and his mate, even if you rejected me as that adam. and in fact - if you expected the return, of mr and mrs jesus christ, would be better than what you believe now.
to believe in G-D, and Worship G-D here in TheTorah Happening. is not that much to ask, from any of you. nor do i believe i would need to teach to you anything else, if you truly accepted being here and now in TheTorah. i believe you are capable of seeing, The-Light here in TheTorah without any additional input from me. you should be able to look-up, these last hour and a half for his sixth day. and determine the truth, of what is really happening for yourselves.
i do not want any one, to be dependent upon me for their truth here in TheTorah from G-D. just realize it's going to happen that way, unless we can change G-D mind on this. and we can't change G-D'S mind, by acting like a bunch of wild, not here in TheTorah animals. let's all just be here in TheTorah, to see what G-D does. it has got to be better, than being an enemy of G-D, with all the pestilence, plague, and famine commanded being sent. i rather have a blessing here in TheTorah, than to be cursed by G-D for not being here in TheTorah.
So how exactly does someone be here in TheTorah? What do they have to do to do that?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195674 Nov 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God cannot fail,
No kidding.

Denver, CO

#195675 Nov 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
So how exactly does someone be here in TheTorah? What do they have to do to do that?
rabbee: are you trying to be, dense on purpose? what is so hard to understand, about G-D is still giving TheTorah and we are all here in IT? your physically here in it anyway, it is just a matter of mental adjustment of being here in IT.

i mean come on, G-D only gives the whole physical Torah Happening. so what other story, are you deceived to believe your in? G-D gave to Moshe, the instruction manual and you still can't follow G-D here in IT?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195676 Nov 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
That was brilliant and superb, MUQ.
I sprayed my tea. Luckily I turned aside in time.
Salaams
BMZ
Thank you brother (not for spilling your tea).

It was supposed to be Sarcastic and not funny.

Salaams

MUQ
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195677 Nov 24, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam, brother.
Thank you for the responses to TS as my post would have been very similar.
You are absolutely right about their confused thinking including ascribing partners to God!
Take care
Salaams.
Thank you brother for your appreciation.

We try to speak truth, in simple and reasonable and logical words.

Beyond that, nothing is in our control.

Salaam and Regards,

MUQ
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195678 Nov 24, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is great news! TS
Now you can all worship ISA pbuh (Jesus) instead of Brahma..Vishnu ....Shiva...or...Annapurna, Ganesha, Matangi,
Balrama, Garuda, Maya, Bhuvaneshwari, Hanuman,Ram, Indra, Saraswati, Kali, Shakti, Dhanwantari, Shivalinga, ParvatiYoni, Kartikay, Dhumavati, Krishna, Sita, Durga, Kurma - Koorm, Vamana, Ganga, Lakshmi....
Go for it...and this is good news indeed for Shamma and Seeker!
Thank you for that...
Dear Alex,

I was thinking the other way round, you fool...Because the Scripture which says so is at least 400 years before Jesus.... And It has nothing to do with Jesus. It was only the Sanskirt word for "God Almighty".

The blundering Fool, your divide and rule policy won't work here my friend...
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195679 Nov 24, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker, you are not getting it!
Why on earth do you need a trinity now?
The son died (ghost and dad did not die) and is unemployed.
Get it?
That buries the trinity.
Your "god" is moving towards unity....and once you realise that "ghost" is an illusion.....you will be left with "father".....I can say to you "welcome to Islam"!!
So Alex,

Please tell me, when ever there is any mention of One God, why do you always ask people to Join Islam!!!!!

Do, your Mohammed & Islam has a Copy Right for the God Almighty As well. Is it also mentioned IN Quran?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195680 Nov 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God cannot fail, it's all part of the plan. Isaiah 42:4 "He shall not fail, nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth, and the isles shall wait for his law". The last messenger is the Jewish Messiah, God incarnate.
What is this "Jewish Messiah being God incarnate"?

This is your own home grown philosophy and linked with Hindu concept of God taking human form.

This is not according to Bible, just picking a passage from here and there is not what is needed to propound so basic an article of faith.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#195681 Nov 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this "Jewish Messiah being God incarnate"?
This is your own home grown philosophy and linked with Hindu concept of God taking human form.
This is not according to Bible, just picking a passage from here and there is not what is needed to propound so basic an article of faith.
I knew Buddhists and Hindus believed in a coming Messiah/savior but didn't know they believed he is God incarnate. They are absolutely right! It has always been Gods intent to live amongst us on earth. This comes from the Hebrew bible. If you had a good understanding of the OT, you would know this. The NT calls the Messiah "Antichrist" and Christians will fight against him and kill him. Most of the Hebrew bible has already been fulfilled. The Spirit of God will inhabit the body of a woman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sun thetruth 21
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep 19 Son of God 1
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE