Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
184,041 - 184,060 of 199,596 Comments Last updated 35 min ago
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>But you are only considering the first part of the prayer. Remember, the command is coming from G-d. It has multiple parts. The first is to listen to G-d's command. The prayer continues and among the commands is "Recite them when you stay at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you get up." That's twice a day no matter where you are. See, no difference.
Repeat it how many times you like, "Listen" will not change to "Say"!!

The 4000 years history of Jews and Jewish religion and short 1400 years old history of Islam and Muslims shows this difference between "Listen and Say".

Please I do not mean any disrespect to Prophet Moses or any of the Jewish prophets in OT books, it was not their mission to invite other people to their religion, they were all sent to their own people.

The job of Universal Messenger for all nations was reserved for the Last and Final Messenger of God.

It is the God's Mercy, He bestows it on whom He pleases.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Prayers go on constantly during the day. Which prayers are said at which times differ. There are morning, evening and mid-day prayers. There are prayers before meals. There are prayers in preparation for meals. etc. There are prayers when one enters a house.
So, the requirement is that the ***Sh'ma*** is to be said twice a day. Whether at home or away from home. Why? Go ask G-d. Deut. 6 are instructions directly from G-d. But, if you give it some thought, why shouldn't recognition of G-d be the first thing one thinks of when you get up in the morning and the last thing one thinks of before going to bed? But, there is more. Deut 6 requires that:
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be upon thy heart;
and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thy house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thy hand, and they shall be for frontlets between thine eyes.
And thou shalt write them upon the door-posts of thy house, and upon thy gates.
So, the Sh'ma while said twice a day is a focus to the entire day, yea a focus to life.
Eric, I have already given my view.

Although "And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might" is a part of the prayer, you are not really praying to God Almighty by saying to God Almighty:

"And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."

That was the instruction from Moses.

The three times of prayers were ordained.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another silly and absurd post.
Covering one absurdity leads you to another and you can see that clearly, when you wrote foolishly:
"Besides, you can search the entire Arab Dictionary and I challenge you that you will not find the word "Islam". You can consult the real Arab grammer experts and they will tell you openly that the "Islam" is just the name of the religion and has got nothing to do with Submission to god etc... "
Read Qur'aan 5:3 and you will find the word Islam in it. The word is there in the Arabic of Qur'aan, so how can you say that one cannot find that word in Arab dictionary and you still have the audacity to make that silly challenge? Can you read the Arabic in an Arabic dictionary?
I need not answer your silly questions. You are the one, who needs to learn. I do not need an expert. I can translate the verses of Qur'aan in English in a jiffy. I have been doing that here.
The point is that talk when you know. if you don't know, ask.
Good night.
Dear BMZ,

Every one in this world know that the word "Islam" is in Quran. But I did b=not know until your this post that Quran is an Arabic Dictionary. What you have to do is to open an Arabic Dictionary check the meaning of the word "Islam". You will only find that your are directed back to the Quran. This is proof that the word is an invention.

Anyways, why don't you answer for the impractical command of Allah. You don't need to because you don't know how to. OK, as you wish live in a dreamy world.

All the best...
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric, I have already given my view.
Although "And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might" is a part of the prayer, you are not really praying to God Almighty by saying to God Almighty:
"And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."
That was the instruction from Moses.
The three times of prayers were ordained.
No, that was the commands directly from G-d:

"1 Now this is the commandment, the statutes, and the ordinances, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it--"

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

REFERENCES TO NONDUALISM IN THE NT:

1) "Be ye as perfect as thy heavenly father."

(Matthew 5:48)

2) "He who has seen the son has seen the father, I and my father are one."

(John 14:9, John 10:30)

3) "The kingdom of heaven is within you."

(Luke 17:20-21)

4) "When thine eye is single, thy body is filled with light."

(reference to meditation on the third eye/force center between the brows leading to the opening up of that force center and the consequent union in consciousness of the subject's consciousness with the consciousness-force in that force center)

(Matthew 6:22)

5) "Ye were gods in the past."

(reference to fall of the psychic from the nondual state to the dualized consciousness)

(John 10:34, a reference to the verse in the Hebrew Bible in Psalms 82:6)

6)"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with G-d and the Word was G-d and the Word became Flesh and dwelt among us."

(reference to nonduality of the Word and G-d and an allusion to the incarnation of the typal principle of the vital plane of cosmic consciousness-force (Word/G-d) on to the earth plane)

(John 1:1, 14)

COMMENTS: I am surprised to find so many references to nondualism in the NT though of course its mysticism remains stuck on the vital plane of cosmic consciousness-force.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

"Quantum physics follows from free will."

- Antoine Suarez

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Quantum experiments help to overcome materialism...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

“Contrary to what they tell you... you are not a limited material being.”

- Amit Goswami, Ph.D,

(pioneer of QM and Consciousness)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

When mental control, the frequency of vibration of the brain-energy field responsible for mentation, in the brain recedes as say during sleep, randomness takes precedence when random thoughts from the subconscious take the form of incoherent dreams but at times these incoherent patterns manifest in a highly coherent manner, indicating a deeper control mechanism related to a more comprehensive range of vibrations of the conscious-energy field, thereby providing the experiencer invaluable insights into problems that were "insolvable" in the waking state - example, Kekule's dream that revealed to him the cyclic structure of benzene.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

The nondualism in the NT is a union in consciousness of the subject with the object on the plane of the vital consciousness and it goes no further since Jesus' reach extended merely to the vital and not to the planes exceeding the vital. Nevertheless, the fact that the highest teaching of nondualism finds mention in the NT indicates that its teachings/practices are a marked improvement over crude dualistic teachings that automatically lead to a violation in the laws of causation giving rise thereby to the absurdities called creationism and the extra-cosmic God before whom devotees perpetually cower in fear and submission.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Science advocates a physical nondualism, while mysticism promotes a nondualism involving a union of energy, matter and consciousness - the broadest possible unification.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Unity in variety is the natural law.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Unification is the fundamental theme in existence as indicated by the theories of science and by the experiences of the mystic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Unification indicates not only a fundamental unity of all existence but it also paves the way for the most moral behavior and opens up an understanding that sees the incarnation of typal principles, transmutation of one type into another, emergence, evolution, causation, conservation, eternal cycles of manifestation and dissolution and psychic phenomena as natural outcomes. Unification does away with the fear and illogic of the extra-cosmic God, creation from nothing, wars, hatred, the need for diabolic blood sacrifices, racism and petty tribalism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Where the fundamental theme of unification is concerned, scientists and mystics are in agreement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Absolute reality is non-dual, but the human mind in its exteriorized mode has evolved to function on the basis of duality, subject and object, etc., which is essential for its survival.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Photon is neither wave-like nor particle-like. It is simply a quantum of energy, a non-local field of energy, that takes up various poises depending on the method of measurement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Robert Anton Wilson suggests that many of the so-called quantum paradoxes represent semantic artifacts arising from poor language choice when reporting observed phenomena in Science. Wilson frequently used the wave-particle duality example to illustrate his idea. To wit, let us propose one group of scientists performs a set of experiments and reports, "One experiment demonstrates light is a wave while another demonstrates light is a particle." Let us also propose that another group of scientists halfway around the world also perform an identical set of experiments and reports, "When constrained by one experiment, light behaved as a wave and while constrained by another experiment, light behaved as a particle." Although both groups of scientists aim to report similar empirical observations, the first group makes an existential conclusion about the 'is-ness' of light. The second group reports their observations operationally, describing what they actually observed light doing rather than jumping to an existential conclusion about what light 'is'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

- Nikola Tesla

COMMENTS: I think by referring to "non-physical phenomena" Tesla means the universal energy field vibrating at frequencies other than those that give rise to matter.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat it how many times you like, "Listen" will not change to "Say"!!
Really. Please explain this sentence from the prayer: "Recite them when you stay at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you get up"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••