Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256290 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#194995 Nov 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma just quotes any old apologist, so we've seen the entire spectrum of christian rationalisations without any base.
So contradicting each other.
I'm not sure Shamma realises this.
Its your false interpretative of Christianity that you put your own opinion on as being truth.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#194996 Nov 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, of course not, because THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN.
And your say so has nothing to do with your weapons grade denseness?
HughBe---I shall tell myself a lie Maat and say that of the two words subtle and obtuse the first is a better fit for you.
I am really teasing you.

Maat---Nope, of course not, because THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN.

HughBe--- Given your approach, I shall say that you are the sexiest and prettiest woman in the world.

Maat---And your say so has nothing to do with your weapons grade denseness?

HughBe-- It has nothing to do with my "weapons grade denseness" meaning my THICK or dense WEAPON of mutilation.

Why the focus on my THICK WEAPON of mutilation? Do you want to "know" the weapon, Maat ?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194997 Nov 12, 2013
True Guidance and Light series (5)

The Promised Prophet of the Bible By: Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD. Part-10

CH-4. THE DISCIPLES’ LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF THE PROPHECIES ABOUT THE MESSIAH

The Bible writers were fond of the prophecies of the Torah, and they intentionally and obviously altered many of the meanings of the Torah's text to make it fit Jesus (PBUH). Their love for Jesus (PBUH) or their alteration habits, resulted in making them misunderstand many of the prophecies that mentioned the "expected messiah".

An example of this is what we find the Book of Psalms about the "expected prophet "A psalm of David? The Lord says to my lord, "Sit at my right-hand, while I make your enemies your footstool" (Psalms: 110/1), this particular prophecy was not meant in any way as to indicate Jesus (PBUH) the son of Mary. Peter, or whoever related that to Peter, was mistaken when he interpreted it. Saying:

"For David did not go up into heaven, but he himself said:'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool Therefore let the whole house of Israel know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Messiah, this Jesus whom you crucified" (Acts: 2/29-37).

The proof that Peter, and the Christians after him, were mistaken is that Jesus (PBUH) said that he is not the "expected messiah" who was mentioned by David. "While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What do you think of Christ? Whose son is he? They said unto him, The Son of David. He said unto them, how then did David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord; Sit in my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool? If
David then calls him Lord, how is he his son? And no man was able to answer him a word; neither dares any man from that day forth to ask him any more questions." (Matthew: 22/41-46).

The answer that Jesus (PBUH) gave was firm, indicating that the expected prophet is not a descendant of David because David called him his Master, and the father does not call his son so. Jesus (PBUH) asked the Jews about the "expected messiah" the one prophesized by David and other prophets "what do you think of the messiah? Whose son is he?" The Jews answered him: "he is the son of David", Jesus (PBUH) told them that this was wrong, and he said:- "If David called him a God, then how can he be his son!", so the next messiah was not a descendant of David because David called him my Lord or my master.

It is known that Jesus (PBUH)- according to Matthew and Luke is a descendant of the prophet David - he was often called "O' son of David" (look in Matthew: 1/1, 9/27 and Luke: 19/38). In the Book of Mark, Jesus (PBUH) said,“David himself calls him Lord. So how is he his son?" (Mark: 12/37).

It is also mentioned in Luke "And he said unto them, how they say that Christ is David's son? David himself said in the book of Psalms, the LORD said unto my Lord, Sit in my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool. David therefore called him Lord, how is he then his son?" (Luke: 20/40-44).

In spite of these statements, the Christians still insist that Jesus (PBUH) is the prophet whom David foretold of in his prophecy, even though they said that Jesus (PBUH) is the son of David. In his Epistle to the Hebrews about God’s good news to David, that God will bless his son Solomon, Paul, or the unknown writer, made it a prophecy of Jesus (PBUH), he said, "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, you are my son, this day I have begotten you? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?" (Hebrews: 1/5).

(Contd.)

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#194998 Nov 12, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---I shall tell myself a lie Maat and say that of the two words subtle and obtuse the first is a better fit for you.
I am really teasing you.
Maat---Nope, of course not, because THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN.
HughBe--- Given your approach, I shall say that you are the sexiest and prettiest woman in the world.
Maat---And your say so has nothing to do with your weapons grade denseness?
HughBe-- It has nothing to do with my "weapons grade denseness" meaning my THICK or dense WEAPON of mutilation.
Why the focus on my THICK WEAPON of mutilation? Do you want to "know" the weapon, Maat ?
Given that Joel is allready occupying your shower, i'm not interested at all.

And by the way, knowing gender does not entitle you to pubescent sexist comments.

Location hidden

#194999 Nov 12, 2013
Shamma you are entirely missing the point.

Anyway:
http://www.bible-researcher.com/quote01.html

shamma quoted john:
¶“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind."
Isaiah 65:17

G-d does no reject the jews but extends his comments to the gentiles and their funerary fests, that moses in 55 chased down the mountain.
From chapter 56 we enter the new age, where g-d extens his search to those also.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195000 Nov 12, 2013
Who is

# 194963 Nov 13
TS wrote:
Dear MUQ,

You have not understood what I meant when I included "A prophet must not give a verdict..."

What I really wanted to mean is that, a prophet should always support his verdict by a relevant past revelation and also must not sanction some one else's verdict as legal siting the will of God, unless there is a past revelation to that effect. Besides, a god's messenger has every right to interpret a revelation, but he is only supposed to state what the god has stated. As far as interpretation goes, a prophet can not officially claim that he is the only sole authority. I hope I made myself clear on that...
Ans.

Dear TS

I am hearing a lot "Prophet Must do this and Prophet must not do this"..

It seems you have become a Judge and authority on Prophets!!

I asked you before and I am asking you again, what is the source of your Qualities?

Are they based on some Scripture or are your "Home Grown" list?

You have no idea about the office which a Prophet holds. It is not any Tom, Dick and Harry that God starts speaking to and makes him as his Spokesperson.

The prophets are best people of entire human race and they are specially chosen by God.

He is "official interpreter" of God' revelation and is also a Law giver.

We will discuss these , when I will be posting my list of Qualities of a True Prophet of God.

So dear brother, I would ask you to restrain yourself and do not use phrases like "A Prophet MUST do this and a Prophet MUST NOT do this".

And please quote the source for your list of Qualities of Prophets.

Location hidden

#195001 Nov 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Shamma you are entirely missing the point.
Anyway:
http://www.bible-researcher.com/quote01.html
shamma quoted john:
¶“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind."
Isaiah 65:17
G-d does no reject the jews but extends his comments to the gentiles and their funerary fests, that moses in 55 chased down the mountain.
From chapter 56 we enter the new age, where g-d extens his search to those also.
You do not understand well!
I said the the Jews rejected God,
I did not say God rejected the Jews as you say I said.
So your post is a fabricated lie!
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195002 Nov 12, 2013
Dear MUQ,

Why are you going too much into my words. Is it an attempt to divert attention from the real topic. If you remember, in the very beginning I stated that I will not use the work of any other scholars in listing the qualities and will use the universal understanding of God to list the qualities of a true prophet.

I will also not accept your filtration of the qualities. I will list my qualities based on universal principles of God and you are also free to list the same (Copy paste is also acceptable if supported by universal idea of God). If that is acceptable to you, very fine, else, I will independently elaborate on the qualities I present and prove it to one and all whether Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) was real prophet or, not....

Thanks...
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195003 Nov 12, 2013
You have already wasted much of our time and I would better present my research independent of you...

I will not discuss this issue with you anymore...

Look for my independent posts and know the truth...

Location hidden

#195004 Nov 12, 2013
Saint Anne (also known as Ann or Anna, from Hebrew Hannah &#1495;&#1463;&#15 04;&#1464;&#1468;& #1492;, meaning "favor" or "grace") of David's house and line, was the mother of the Virgin Mary and grandmother of Jesus Christ, according to Christian and Islamic tradition

Luke 1:26-56
New Century Version (NCV)
An Angel Appears to Mary

28 The angel came to her and said,“Greetings! The Lord has blessed you and is with you.”
29 But Mary was very startled by what the angel said and wondered what this greeting might mean.

30 The angel said to her,“Don’t be afraid, Mary; God has shown you his grace. 31 Listen! You will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of King David, his ancestor. 33 He will rule over the people of Jacob forever, and his kingdom will never end.”

God said from the seed of a women Jesus would be born.
Genesis 3:15
King James Version (KJV)

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

According to Scripture Jesus is from the House of David through his mother Mary the Virgin.

Location hidden

#195005 Nov 12, 2013
Prophets Commissioned by Jesus:
Muhammad was not one of them!

"While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel and making my request to the LORD my God for his holy hill - while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice.

He instructed me and said to me,'Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding. As soon as you began to pray, an answer was given, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Therefore, consider the message and understand the vision:'Seventy "sevens" are decreed for your people and your holy city to FINISH transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, TO SEAL UP VISION AND PROPHECY and to anoint the most holy. Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One (Messiah), the ruler, comes, there will be seven "sevens," and sixty-two "sevens." It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. After the sixty-two "sevens," the Anointed One (Messiah) will be CUT OFF and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.'" Daniel 9:20-26
According to this passage, Gabriel tells Daniel that a period of 69 "sevens" have been decreed where the Messiah would arrive on the scene, be killed ("cut off") with both Jerusalem and the second temple being destroyed by the governing authorities. During this time, both vision and prophecy would come to an end.

These events were fulfilled during Christ's first advent where he was cut off violently on the cross with the destruction of Jerusalem and the second temple occurring shortly thereafter (c. 33-70 AD). This clearly establishes that there would be no other prophet to come after Christ's advent who isn't comissioned by the Lord Jesus personally.

Anyone claiming to be a prophet after Christ must prophesy solely in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, confirming the Gospel preached by Christ and his Apostles:

"Therefore I AM SENDING YOU PROPHETS AND WISE MEN AND TEACHERS. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town." Matthew 23:34

The Lord Jesus states that he will commission prophets for the people. This establishes that Jesus is God since God alone empowers and commissions prophets. This also affirms that a prophet must speak in the name of the Lord Jesus, confirming the message preached by Christ and his Apostles.

Again: "It was he (Christ) who gave some to be apostles, SOME TO BE PROPHETS, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ." Ephesians 4:11-13

This passage reiterates the point made by the Lord Jesus, namely that it is Christ who would commission prophets, teachers, evangelists etc. Some of these prophets included:

"During this time some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. One of them, named Agabus, stood up and through the Spirit predicted that a severe famine would spread over the entire Roman world.(This happened during the reign of Claudius.) " Acts 11:27-29

Basically what this means is that Jesus was the last One sent directly by God and from now on Christ would be the One sending out all the rest of the messengers, prophets, emissaries etc.:
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195007 Nov 13, 2013
TS wrote:
Dear MUQ,

Why are you going too much into my words. Is it an attempt to divert attention from the real topic. If you remember, in the very beginning I stated that I will not use the work of any other scholars in listing the qualities and will use the universal understanding of God to list the qualities of a true prophet.

I will also not accept your filtration of the qualities. I will list my qualities based on universal principles of God and you are also free to list the same (Copy paste is also acceptable if supported by universal idea of God). If that is acceptable to you, very fine, else, I will independently elaborate on the qualities I present and prove it to one and all whether Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) was real prophet or, not....

Thanks...
Ans.

Dear TS

I am not reading too much in your words, it is you who are saying "too much" in those words, trying to dictate what prophets Must do and Must not do.

What is this "Universal Understanding of God" that provides the list of Qualities of a True prophet of God.

In the same way please elaborate what is this "Universal Principle of God". This is a new word for me.

So there is no proof or authority behind your list and you behave like a "Free lance" authority of God and prophet.

This issue is not trivial and should be sorted because we are in starting phase of our discussion.

Unless your list has some support from Scriptures, there is no authority at the back of your list of qualities.

Without any support your list lacks any authority and any person might come with his own list saying a Prophet MUST be Like this and MUST NOT be like this.

When I will present my list, you will see Inshallah, that it would be supported by Quotations from my scripture.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195008 Nov 13, 2013
Dear MUQ,

Please read the previous post and you will see, how I am using your Scripture only to prove my point.

If you do not know what is universal concept of God, then God Help You...
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195009 Nov 13, 2013
Dear MUQ,

The Sentences, "Universal Idea of God", "Universal Principle of God" and "Universal Concept of God" are one and the same only.

I would request you to stick to the concept rather than sticking to a particular word. Basically what I wanted to mean is what is universally understood by the word God. And you will find that all the Qualities I have listed or, will list in future will be derived out of those Universal Ideas about God's virtues...

I will now present my analysis independently....
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195010 Nov 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Dear TS

So there is no proof or authority behind your list and you behave like a "Free lance" authority of God and prophet.
This issue is not trivial and should be sorted because we are in starting phase of our discussion.
Unless your list has some support from Scriptures, there is no authority at the back of your list of qualities.
Without any support your list lacks any authority and any person might come with his own list saying a Prophet MUST be Like this and MUST NOT be like this.
When I will present my list, you will see Inshallah, that it would be supported by Quotations from my scripture.
Dear MUQ,

You must be out of your mind under Religious emotion. You are forgetting a very important fact the the main Subject of our Scrutiny is "The Prophet Hood Of A Prophet". Hence, while selecting the Quality, how can you make use of the document which is a product of the Same Prophet.

It is like the main accused of a murder trial is asked to be the main witness. Will any court in the world will make that admissible. Please think rationally about it.

We have no option but to Select the Qualities out of Universal Idea / Virtue of Godly qualities and those qualities have to reflected in each of the revelations. There is no other way....

I only wanted to remind you, rest is your wish...

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#195011 Nov 13, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>

We have no option but to Select the Qualities out of Universal Idea / Virtue of Godly qualities and those qualities have to reflected in each of the revelations.

There is no other way....
What do you mean by Universal Idea / Virtue of Godly qualities?

Can you give me a few examples of these universal ideas/Godly qualities and name the prophets who meet these requirements?

Location hidden

#195013 Nov 13, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe --To: Buford and the other "Christian" CRUFFS. I am off to church. I shall pray that God gives you CLEAN HEARTS, CLEAN MINDS and LOYALTY to TRUTH above all else on earth.
Maat---G-d blessed us. Now we have to figure out why he did not do the same to you.
HughBe--- I am deeply satisfied that you have now seen the light Maat and have become a Christian. That aside congratulations on your blessings.
I shall not leave YOU plural to figure out anything if I do Jesus would have returned before that happens. Here is the secret, He has made me a god to all of you.
Maat---Ah so the other'christian' and one catholic are meant by cruffs.
HughBe--- My sweet Maat, I made no mention of denominations. It certainly did not include YOU as my post came before your following declaration, "G-d blessed us" .
Maat---Just to have it clear that you appear less confused about the CONCEPT of your jewish roots than before the talking too.
Hugh--- There is CONCEPT and there is REALITY. I know of the REALITY. So, why in the name of Jesus would I be confused about such a thing when I KNOW my progenitors?
Maat---Serious case of megalomania...so what you and yomama gone do, to mek us!
HughBe--- My mama shall pray for you, Maat.
Maat---Yomama kno where my house lives, yes!
HughBe--- Yes and even where it sleeps
bottom pg 9186

HughBe wrote:

<quoted text>
HughBe --To: Buford and the other "Christian" CRUFFS. I am off to church. I shall pray that God gives 'CHRISTIANS CLEAN HEARTS, CLEAN MINDS and LOYALTY to TRUTH above all else on earth.
Maat---G-d blessed us. Now we have to figure out why he did not do the same to you.
HughBe--- I am deeply satisfied that you have now seen the light Maat and have become a Christian. That aside congratulations on your blessings.
I shall not leave YOU plural to figure out anything if I do Jesus would have returned before that happens. Here is the secret, He has made me a god to all of you.
Ah so the other'christian' and one catholic are meant by cruffs.

Serious case of megalomania...so what you and yomama gone do, to mek us!

Yomama kno where my house lives, yes!
---
Why thank you HB for pointing out the fact that christians are not cruff and that 'YOU is plural and can be thus substituted with 'christians'.
If we make the proper substitution we get:

I shall not leave CHRISTIANS to figure out anything if I do Jesus would have returned before that happens.

Which leaves:
I shall pray that God gives you CLEAN HEARTS, CLEAN MINDS and LOYALTY to TRUTH above all else on earth.

Which would then be properly inserted before:
Maat---Just to have it clear that you appear less confused about the CONCEPT of your jewish roots than before the talking too.

As in jewish roots is God gives you CLEAN HEARTS, CLEAN MINDS and LOYALTY to TRUTH.
--
Unless we get another shammisme as in said poster screeming blue murder and ranting about MAAT not understanding the tri-partite nature of man and god even invoking genesis, to then in a cuss and a sigh change adherence to a well known non-trinitarian heretic fallacy. Declaring that jesus is god.

Location hidden

#195014 Nov 13, 2013
God never said that.

Shamma wrote:
God said from the seed of a women Jesus would be born.
Genesis 3:15
King James Version (KJV)

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

According to Scripture Jesus is from the House of David through his mother Mary the Virgin.

end quote.
It is your interpretation and defunct at that.

Since you forgot (or rather declared not giving a damn) you are in a debate on rational grounds i suggest you stop proselysing.

Location hidden

#195015 Nov 13, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Shamma is making the Apollinarian error.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripartite_ (theology)
And at that is not aware".

The Jew recognizes Tanak as God's word revealed to Israel, requiring neither supplement nor fulfillment.
It is used in public and private worship linking the individual Jew to the household of faith throughout history, providing strength in time of need, offering hope in moments of darkness, and giving assurance that the Covenant made with God in the
past has relevance today.8

Location hidden

#195016 Nov 13, 2013
The Gospel and the books of the heretics are not Sacred Scripture. The books of Ben Sira
and whatever books have been written since his time, are not Sacred Scripture.(Tosef
Yadaim 2:13)

At most the gospel and books of the heretics are inspired scripture, since contributions were asked to be in support of the church-fathers ideas as to Jesus and 12 deciples, and voted upon accordingly.
Eusebius sent Jerome out to find such writings in then named Palestina.

Psalms (part of writings) is purported to have come from a cave/grave in the 3rd c. CE akin to Qumran, translated and then added on.
In the 9th c. CE another piece was added in the same mode of finding old writing.
So nothing special about the qumran scrolls ( or de Vaux digging up 42 graves, and christians before him), but remarkable is the fact that the church kept stum about these, so as to discredit any hebrew notions/translations filtering trough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep 15 CDDD 55
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep 12 dirt reynolds 121
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep 5 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
More from around the web