Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254904 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#194852 Nov 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
NughBe, is he describing Jesus of the Gospels?
Where in the synoptic Gospels is this naked pagan who demands that you worship him?
Time wasting car chaser...!

I respect and love the Jesus FROM the Gospels who NEVER EVER said ANY of these:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"
7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and con-substantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”

14.“Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#194853 Nov 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>And the Muslim god Allah is not the God of Abraham and Moses.
Shamma,

It is the God of Islam that is the God of Abraham, Moses and all.

The Christian God is not the God of Abraham. How could the absurd and abnormaltriune God of Christianity be the God of Abraham?

Abraham worshipped only one God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#194854 Nov 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the synoptic Gospels is this naked pagan who demands that you worship him?
Time wasting car chaser...!
I respect and love the Jesus FROM the Gospels who NEVER EVER said ANY of these:
2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
7. "I am made of sin"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and con-substantial gods forming a godhead"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
No where, bro

The spin doctors came up with all the silly and absurd doctrines and gave their people a God to their liking.

Jesus was not that stupid to make those type of silly and absurd statements.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#194855 Nov 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
Bread is NOT G-d.
Bread is CREATION. Bread is/was CREATED.
You SIN by worshipping CREATION.
WAKE up you POOR lost person.
Worship THE CREATOR and NOT the CREATION.
Why don't you FIND a DIRECT quote from Jesus "I AM G-D"?
Then I shall throw my books in the bin and pray to Jesus TODAY.
Thank you!!
Listen to me ,Alex! "I AM GOD, WORSHIP ME"
Do you believe Me, Alex?
Any one can say "I Am God, worship me, just as I just said that to you.
Did you believe me, Alex?

Jesus spoke the words of the prophets and you are ignorant of the words spoken by the prophets.

Where Did Jesus Say, "I Am God, Worship Me"?
Answer-At the testimony of His trial!

Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."
"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied.

"But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy.

What do you think?" "He is worthy of death," they answered.(Matthew 26:62-66, NIV)
In a recent debate I was told that Jesus never said, "I am God worship me". At that time I did not answer with the above verses but now I think I should have. The reason is that

In these verses Jesus proclaims his divinity and that all people will worship him.
First Jesus says he is the Christ/Messiah, the Son of God. The prophets before Jesus make it very clear that this Son sits at God's right hand (Psalm 110:1) and how you are to treat this Son.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.(Psalm 2:12, NIV)
The Jewish leaders understand what Jesus has said and see it as blasphemy.

Then Jesus says he is "the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." This language is again from the earlier prophets, the prophet Daniel, and is referring to the divine man who will receive the worship of God.

In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.(Daniel 7:13-14, NIV)

So what is Jesus saying at his trial? What is it that ultimately gets him crucified? It is his claim to be Son of Psalm 2 and 110 who is at the right hand of God and is to be worshipped; it is to be the divine man of Daniel 7 who is to be worshipped.

The Jewish leaders again understand exactly what he is saying and call it blasphemy. So Jesus actually does say, "I am God worship me";
he just uses the language of the prophets to say it.

If we want to understand Jesus we must learn his language. I am not saying we must learn Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek, though that is an excellent thing to do. Instead I am saying that we must know the titles, the concepts and expectations of the prophets who were before Jesus, because it is with these words that Jesus speaks and invites us to understand him.

Do you understand Jesus, Alex?
"I Am God Worship Me"
Alex WM

London, UK

#194857 Nov 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
The Christian God is not the God of Abraham. How could the absurd and abnormaltriune God of Christianity be the God of Abraham?
Indeed, bro.
The Tanach does not say that Abraham worshipped G-d the father of abraham, god the son of god or god the holy ghost of god!!!!

Moses didn't worship the abomination called the trinity.

Pagan hijack has become the norm.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194858 Nov 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Listen to me ,Alex! "I AM GOD, WORSHIP ME"
Do you believe Me, Alex?
"I Am God Worship Me"
If you say you are God, I know you are mad.

If Jesus said he was God, then I would know he was mad.

Only God can say that:

Exodus 20:5
"You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God.........."

Jesus was an intelligent man of God. He was not as crazy as you to say "I am G-d". If he said anything lioke that he would have gone STRAIGHT to hell without passing Go.

Now stop sinning, Shamma! Stop worshipping naked men when Jesus NEVER made a SINGLE direct claim that he was G-d.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194859 Nov 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No where, bro
The spin doctors came up with all the silly and absurd doctrines and gave their people a God to their liking.
Jesus was not that stupid to make those type of silly and absurd statements.
Agreed, bro.

I am challenging Satanic sicker who is stirring trouble by accusing us of having insulted "Jesus of the Gospels"!

We have made it abundantly clear that we are exposing "BJ" the naked pagan mangod who has nothing to do with Jesus.

More importantly, we respect and love Jesus PBUH, who NEVER made a DIRECT claim to divinity ACCORDING to the Gospels!!
Salaams, Alex
Alex WM

London, UK

#194860 Nov 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Listen to me ,Alex! "I AM GOD, WORSHIP ME"
Do you believe Me, Alex?
Jesus spoke the words of the prophets and you are ignorant of the words spoken by the prophets.
Where Did Jesus Say, "I Am God, Worship Me"?
Answer-At the testimony of His trial!
Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."
"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied.
"But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy.
What do you think?" "He is worthy of death," they answered.(Matthew 26:62-66, NIV)
In a recent debate I was told that Jesus never said, "I am God worship me". At that time I did not answer with the above verses but now I think I should have. The reason is that
In these verses Jesus proclaims his divinity and that all people will worship him.
First Jesus says he is the Christ/Messiah, the Son of God. The prophets before Jesus make it very clear that this Son sits at God's right hand (Psalm 110:1) and how you are to treat this Son.
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.(Psalm 2:12, NIV)
The Jewish leaders understand what Jesus has said and see it as blasphemy.
Then Jesus says he is "the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." This language is again from the earlier prophets, the prophet Daniel, and is referring to the divine man who will receive the worship of God.
In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.(Daniel 7:13-14, NIV)
So what is Jesus saying at his trial? What is it that ultimately gets him crucified? It is his claim to be Son of Psalm 2 and 110 who is at the right hand of God and is to be worshipped; it is to be the divine man of Daniel 7 who is to be worshipped.
The Jewish leaders again understand exactly what he is saying and call it blasphemy. So Jesus actually does say, "I am God worship me";
he just uses the language of the prophets to say it.
If we want to understand Jesus we must learn his language. I am not saying we must learn Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek, though that is an excellent thing to do. Instead I am saying that we must know the titles, the concepts and expectations of the prophets who were before Jesus, because it is with these words that Jesus speaks and invites us to understand him.
"I Am God Worship Me"
Jesus NEVER made a direct claim he was G-d.
Why are you this desperate to make him G-d?
This is the work of Satan.
You are not interested in G-d the creator of billions of galaxies bigger than our milkyway galaxy and our puny planet.
You are promoting a Jewish man who was dealing with a few villages as your God.
You are doing this AGAINST the will of Jesus as well.
Seek help.
Anon

Lowell, MA

#194861 Nov 10, 2013
Hammad wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no compulsion in religion.
You are a liar and deceiver. The penalty for leaving Islam is death; the penalty for infidels is death, when certain conditions are met. The penalty for those who refuse to convert to Islam is death, when certain conditions are met.

Liar.

//"Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences."

There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them. "//

If a Muslims lips are moving, you can't trust what they say.

Location hidden

#194862 Nov 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
John 1:1-3

New International Version (NIV)

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:14

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194864 Nov 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar and deceiver. The penalty for leaving Islam is death; the penalty for infidels is death, when certain conditions are met. The penalty for those who refuse to convert to Islam is death, when certain conditions are met.
Liar.
//"Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences."
There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them. "//
You are THE liar.
Prove to me from Quran if a person leaves Islam of his own will and carries on his own life peacefully he would be punished by men?

If a spy (US or foreign or even double agent) is caught putting USA at risk what happens to him/her?
Alex WM

London, UK

#194865 Nov 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Sick seeker is on the move!

Location hidden

#194866 Nov 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus NEVER made a direct claim he was G-d.
Why are you this desperate to make him G-d?
This is the work of Satan.
You are not interested in G-d the creator of billions of galaxies bigger than our milkyway galaxy and our puny planet.
You are promoting a Jewish man who was dealing with a few villages as your God.
You are doing this AGAINST the will of Jesus as well.
Seek help.
You are the one that is denying the truth!
Jesus proclaimed He is God at His trial.

Jesus proclaimed He is God and proved it.
Jesus died on the cross and resurrected from the dead, stayed on earth for another 40 days and then bodily ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father in the Kingdom of God the Father before Muhammad was even born.

The Quran has no authority over the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ.

The Quran is nothing more than Muhammad's garbage dump from inside the mind of a mad man.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194867 Nov 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are the one that is denying the truth!
Jesus proclaimed He is God at His trial.
Jesus proclaimed He is God and proved it.
Jesus died on the cross and resurrected from the dead, stayed on earth for another 40 days and then bodily ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father in the Kingdom of God the Father before Muhammad was even born.
The Quran has no authority over the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ.
The Quran is nothing more than Muhammad's garbage dump from inside the mind of a mad man.
Shamma you are almost alone making such a STUPID claim
You say Jesus claimed he was God and DIED!!!
What a joker you are.

Jesus NEVER made a SINGLE DIRECT claim that he was God.
If you can prove that I will worship YOU!!!

Just by saying Jesus is God will NOT make him God.

Listen to me:
Jesus is NOT God.

Location hidden

#194868 Nov 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, bro.
I am challenging Satanic sicker who is stirring trouble by accusing us of having insulted "Jesus of the Gospels"!
We have made it abundantly clear that we are exposing "BJ" the naked pagan mangod who has nothing to do with Jesus.
More importantly, we respect and love Jesus PBUH, who NEVER made a DIRECT claim to divinity ACCORDING to the Gospels!!
Salaams, Alex
Prove there is another Jesus Christ other than the Jesus Christ of the Gospels of the New Testament Bible?

Jesus Christ the Son of God proved He was God in the flesh just as He claimed He is in the Gospels presented in the New Testament Bible!

The Disciples of Jesus Christ who Jesus commissioned to preach His teachings too all the Nations of the world are eye witness to the teachings of Jesus Christ presented in the New Testament Bible.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194869 Nov 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
John 1:1-3
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.
Shamma...Shamma...Shamma....
Who said all this?
Definitely NOT Jesus.
Definitely NOT God.
Perhaps a scribe who NEVER met Jesus and even worse there isn't a SINGLE original of this.

Any person can write such things...God NEVER said the above nor did Jesus.

Let me say:
1 In the beginning was CHON, and the CHON was with God, and the CHON was God. 2 It was with God in the beginning. 3 Through it all things were made; without it nothing was made that has been made.

14 CHON became flesh and made its dwelling among us. We have seen its glory, who came from the Father........

CarbonHydrogenOxygenNitrogen.. .....CHON
Alex WM

London, UK

#194870 Nov 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Prove there is another Jesus Christ other than the Jesus Christ of the Gospels of the New Testament Bible?
Jesus Christ the Son of God proved He was God in the flesh just as He claimed He is in the Gospels presented in the New Testament Bible!
The Disciples of Jesus Christ who Jesus commissioned to preach His teachings too all the Nations of the world are eye witness to the teachings of Jesus Christ presented in the New Testament Bible.
I have already PROVED to you a hundred times that "BJ" the myth is NOT Jesus PBUH.

Jesus PBUH has NOT made a SINGLE DIRECT claim that he was God IN THE GOSPELS!

What more do you want?

Did you know that Mark ENDS in 16:8.
Where is the resurrection?
Not there!!

By adding V9-20....they try to fit in there tall tale.

Sorry to say this...Jesus did NOT prove to anybody that he was God. At best he hid and ran away.
Nothing was proved.

God does not hide or run away before others catch him.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194871 Nov 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>P
This is rubbish, Shamma.
The poor chaps fled. They were hiding. Jesus escapes and finds them.
He rebukes them and then he goes away.
How can he tell them to go to Russia and China when they did not even know their posterior from their elbow ACCORDING to NT.

The few verses crammed in as last minute attempt look so ridiculous.
The disciples were unbelieving, cowardly and incompetent ACCORDING to NT. You tihnk Jesus will tell them to conquer the world?

He asked them to defend him by selling their cloaks and buying some swords.

What do the incompetent chaps do...chop ear off an innocent servant.

Poor Jesus had to think on his feet and tell them to drop the swords because they were surrounded by trained swordsmen who would have massacred them!

They drop the swords and flee!!
Some fled NAKED!

Paul and Co were NOT commissioned by Jesus.
Jesus NEVER met "honest" paul.
I submitted

Germany

#194872 Nov 10, 2013
Our beacon.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194873 Nov 10, 2013
Surely it can't be any simpler than this.

We love and respect Jesus PBUH who NEVER said ANY of these:

2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6a. "I am THE Father and Father, Ghost and I are one and the same person"
7. "I am made of sin"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Jews & Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"

17. "I am your saviour dear gentiles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Sep 19 T Marie 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sep 14 Pariah 4,886
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Sep 14 Bob of Quantum-Faith 843
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Sep 13 Philbert 23
Anyone still at this forum Aug '16 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug '16 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
More from around the web