Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 247998 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#194813 Nov 9, 2013
That reply will no doubt lead to homeric entanglements.
Just sitting back, looking on. B-|
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194815 Nov 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---STOP focusing on RACE i.e. Jews.
Sicker---You brought Jews up first when you suggested that I behave like members of Judaism on this board.
HughBe--- No disease, I spoke about members of Judaism.
Wasn't that exactly what I said, that you even re-quoted above?
What is the matter with your head? Are you saying that you were complimenting me when you compared them to me? I think that since you were clearly trying to find fault with me, then by comparing me to them, you were finding fault with them as well. Now regardless o whther anybody is at fault, it's pretty clear what you are saying.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if they are Jews or not Jews.
I made a FACTUAL and PROVEN and PROVABLE observation that Judahites or members of Judaism on this forum are LIARS and DECEIVERS. I stand by those FACTS.
What is the definition of a Judahite?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sicker---Yeah, and YOU SAID that Judahites are people that aren't actually Jews but are converts to Judaisism.
HughBe---- Do you have any sense of DECENCY? Everybody on this forum knows that you are LYING. Prove me wrong, spawn.
Sicker---Anybody can be a Judahite if they convert but only people with Jewish roots can be Jews. And you got that exactly backwards, oh esteemed genius.
HughBe--- Quote my words. Indeed you are SICK from the head to the toes.
Did you say that anybody who converts to Judaism can be or is a Judahite?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#194816 Nov 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It is you rabbee that fails to accept the truth of The Torah.
rabbee: well hell! i am here in IT. i got experience, from G-D being here in IT.

at least i can count, from One to Seven here in TheTorah. that is more than what G-D, had to say about any of you. what you all decide to skip, the reality of being here in TheTorah from G-D for nearly six full days now?

the truth of being here in TheTorah, is more valuable than all your not here in it alleged as truth.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#194817 Nov 9, 2013
El Cid wrote:
How to Become a Druid Priest
See: http://www.ehow.com/how_5019374_become-druid-...
rabbee: nah i would be concerned, how princess vespa. got to be a druish princess, without having a big nose.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#194818 Nov 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't, you did everything BUT answer the very simple question that I asked. But that's okay, your lack of answer speaks volumes. You have answered, whether you realize that or not. Like I said to you earlier Jimmie or alias "Jamie", I'm not going to participate in your Psychotic little logic circles. If you can't clearly answer a very simple question in a clear manner, then there is no point in continuing with you.
rabbee: well good then depart from me, you evil and wicked blasphemer of THE HOLY SPIRIT. that ought to, teach me a lesson.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#194819 Nov 9, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Q. What did Mr. and Mrs. PBUH name their Jewish son?
A. Jesus
rabbee: that would be MR/MRS PBUT Peace be upon THEM, WHO named THRIR OUR He/She Son Adam. so don't care what mistakes, the world makes calling Them here in TheTorah. even i have regrets, not believing G-D that day. WHO came and said, i was their male child adam.

did not make any sense, to me then. and now it does not make any sense to all of you, still not here in TheTorah today. nobody told me, should G-D come and call you adam, to tell you about the woma you better believe THEM.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#194820 Nov 9, 2013
sorry if i did not get the option, of G-D placing adam in a jewish family this second occurrence of Adam.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#194821 Nov 9, 2013
way too many idolaters here, worshiping the wizard of ozholes.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194822 Nov 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you know how, then why don't you see Muhammad as the imposter that he was?
<quoted text>
Well, some true wisdom, insight into the truth of human nature and a few miracles might help
<quoted text>
You have quite a poor memory don't you. Last I remember, you were asked to quote actual verses to prove Muhammad was the comforter that Jesus would send. You wouldn't, so I did. And the verses I quoted made it impossible for Muhammad to be that person. You really are quite an amazing person, aren't you. And now, since you made out so poorly with me, you need to bait someone else into your pointless debates. I just have no idea how you can actually think the way you do.
What I remember is you "crying like an old lady" and ruing the day you agreed to have slow step by step discussion with me. This is same case with every one of you.

You will never concentrate on one subject and mover here and there. You do not have a logical mind (how can you when you believe that 1 is 3 and 3 is 1!!)
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194823 Nov 9, 2013
True Guidance and Light series (5)

The Promised Prophet of the Bible By: Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD. Part-7

CH-2 (Contd.).INTRODUCTION TO THE PROPHECIES OF THE HOLY BIBLE

The first issue is that the Jews and the Christians have the habit of translating names into their meanings, stating the meaning only without the name, and they may add a commentary to the sentence and insert it into the context. Consequently, many clear prophecies will lose their indications. An example of these prophecies is Jesus’ prophecy about the “Parakletos”, which is “the comforter” in modern translation.

Another example is the prophet Haggai’s prophecy, that indicates the coming of (Mehmaad), but the translators of the Holy Bible changed it in order to suppress this clear and direct indication.“and the treasures of all the nations will come in”(Haggai 2/7).

In Psalms (84/6),(KJV 1959 and the majority of English translations), the name of the messiah’s city is mentioned. It called it “Bacah valley”“Hebrew . The translators of the Holy Bible translated it into “the valley of weeping”, only to misguide the reader of knowing that "Bacah" is the town of Muhammad’s (PBUH) nativity.

“Verily, the first House (of worship) appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (Makkah), full of blessing, and a guidance for Al-'Alamîn (the mankind and jinns)}(Al-Emran: 96).

In his celebrated work (IZHARUL Haq)“The truth revealed", Rahmatu Allah Al-Hindi, gives 13 examples of these mistranslations, he made a comparison between different translations of the Bible, to prove how these actions suppress the original context.

He said,“In (1811) Holy Bible’s edition "Abraham called the name of that place The LORD Will mercy its visitors" (Genesis 22/14), the translator replaced the Hebrew name by its meaning, in Darby edition (1889),“Called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh”. By doing so, the correct name was lost, and the intended meaning of the verse was completely changed”.

He added:

“We have no doubt that these translators, who had done that, were capable of changing the fragment (Messenger of God) to different words, as they have changed other words”.

In this regards, Al-Hindi quoted from Haydar Al-Qurashee’s book "Kholasat Sayf Al-Muslemeen" (the Essence of Muslim’s sword),

“that the Armenian priest Auskan translated the Book of Isaiah into the Armenian language in the year 1666, and it was printed in 1733 by Anthony Portolly press. In this translation, in chapter 42 it was
written:“Sing to the Lord a new song, the mark of his authority is in his back, and his name is Ahmad”.

The second issue is that the Holy Bible is metaphoric and full of symbols and indications specially when talking about the future. Dr. Samaan Kahloon wrote in his book "the Precious Holy Bible seekers’ guide",“expressions in the Holy Bible are very metaphoric and mysterious especially in the Old Testament”.

He also wrote,“Expressions in the New Testament are also very metaphoric, specially "causerie of our Savior", and because some of the Christian teachers used literal interpretation methods, many of the false and corrupted opinions were spread around…”2 (Revealing the truth, by Rahamtu Allah Al-Hindi (703-702/2).)

(Contd.)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#194824 Nov 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who say negative things about Jesus, the Jew, do so not because they are Jews but because they belong to the RELIGION called Judaism. A religion that is HOSTILE to Christianity and Jesus.
Now Judaism has Jews and converts. I don't care if the negatives come from Jews or CONVERTS if I am moved to speak they shall experience my tongue. There are no sacred cows, in my sight.
If I choose to respond to the nasty comments made by Judahites in relation to Jesus it is my business and not yours.
If you are such a Jackass brain that you cannot understand that the brothers from the Muslim faith are responding to your nastiness about Islam then that is your problem. Desist and see their responses.
In addition, I have explained to a LIAR that your Jesus is NOT their Jesus. They regard Jesus as a prophet and so they shall not be saying negative things about their prophet Jesus. These things have all been explained to you many times.
I have asked you before and I shall ask again, when YOU attack Islam are you attacking the biological Jews in the faith called Islam? Do NOT avoid this questions as is your manner.
Waste, of time I'll see you after Sabbath i.e. If I do not go to a party.
And the Muslim god Allah is not the God of Abraham and Moses.

Location hidden

#194825 Nov 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
True Guidance and Light series (5)
The Promised Prophet of the Bible By: Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD. Part-7
CH-2 (Contd.).INTRODUCTION TO THE PROPHECIES OF THE HOLY BIBLE
The first issue is that the Jews and the Christians have the habit of translating names into their meanings, stating the meaning only without the name, and they may add a commentary to the sentence and insert it into the context. Consequently, many clear prophecies will lose their indications. An example of these prophecies is Jesus’ prophecy about the “Parakletos”, which is “the comforter” in modern translation.
Another example is the prophet Haggai’s prophecy, that indicates the coming of (Mehmaad), but the translators of the Holy Bible changed it in order to suppress this clear and direct indication.“and the treasures of all the nations will come in”(Haggai 2/7).
In Psalms (84/6),(KJV 1959 and the majority of English translations), the name of the messiah’s city is mentioned. It called it “Bacah valley”“Hebrew . The translators of the Holy Bible translated it into “the valley of weeping”, only to misguide the reader of knowing that "Bacah" is the town of Muhammad’s (PBUH) nativity.
“Verily, the first House (of worship) appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (Makkah), full of blessing, and a guidance for Al-'Alamîn (the mankind and jinns)}(Al-Emran: 96).
In his celebrated work (IZHARUL Haq)“The truth revealed", Rahmatu Allah Al-Hindi, gives 13 examples of these mistranslations, he made a comparison between different translations of the Bible, to prove how these actions suppress the original context.
He said,“In (1811) Holy Bible’s edition "Abraham called the name of that place The LORD Will mercy its visitors" (Genesis 22/14), the translator replaced the Hebrew name by its meaning, in Darby edition (1889),“Called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh”. By doing so, the correct name was lost, and the intended meaning of the verse was completely changed”.
He added:
“We have no doubt that these translators, who had done that, were capable of changing the fragment (Messenger of God) to different words, as they have changed other words”.
In this regards, Al-Hindi quoted from Haydar Al-Qurashee’s book "Kholasat Sayf Al-Muslemeen" (the Essence of Muslim’s sword),
“that the Armenian priest Auskan translated the Book of Isaiah into the Armenian language in the year 1666, and it was printed in 1733 by Anthony Portolly press. In this translation, in chapter 42 it was
written:“Sing to the Lord a new song, the mark of his authority is in his back, and his name is Ahmad”.
The second issue is that the Holy Bible is metaphoric and full of symbols and indications specially when talking about the future. Dr. Samaan Kahloon wrote in his book "the Precious Holy Bible seekers’ guide",“expressions in the Holy Bible are very metaphoric and mysterious especially in the Old Testament”.
He also wrote,“Expressions in the New Testament are also very metaphoric, specially "causerie of our Savior", and because some of the Christian teachers used literal interpretation methods, many of the false and corrupted opinions were spread around…”2 (Revealing the truth, by Rahamtu Allah Al-Hindi (703-702/2).)
(Contd.)
Isaiah 42:10 (New International Version)
View In My Bible
Song of Praise to the LORD
10 Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them.
The name "Ahmad" is not mentioned in that verse.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194826 Nov 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Isaiah 42:10 (New International Version)
View In My Bible
Song of Praise to the LORD
10 Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them.
The name "Ahmad" is not mentioned in that verse.
But the name "jesus" is very clearly mentioned in so many prophesies of OT books!!

How dumb you people are!!

Location hidden

#194827 Nov 9, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Mr Waste of space.
We are NOT allowed to insult Jesus PBUH.
We praise and honour Jesus PBUH.
But we challenge "BJ" the "one-eyed" naked pagan oozing from a pole begging you to eat his raw meat and suck off his bodily juices including blood. This person has not been promoted by Jesus PBUH.
You are a clown.
John 6:25-59
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus the Bread of Life

26 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”

28 Then they asked him,“What must we do to do the works God requires?”

29 Jesus answered,“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

30 So they asked him,“What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written:‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’[a]”

32 Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

34 “Sir,” they said,“always give us this bread.”

35 Then Jesus declared,“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

41 At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said,“I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said,“Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say,‘I came down from heaven’?”

43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets:‘They will all be taught by God.’[b] Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves,“How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”

53 Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

Location hidden

#194828 Nov 9, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, "comma son of god or living god" makes no sense.
Those who challenged him at worse would have been too arrogant to accept BJ (or even Jesus PBUH) as an equal because they thought they were "gods"!!
We can link this to any person who follows Judaism today.
They will never expect their redeemer to be The only begotten Son of God.
Salaams. WM
huh???
The nonsense was written to oust any and all judaic ideas/theology.
I end up with the Baal of ugarit, fertility god, sacrifices, having sons/a son sacrificed a.s.o.
Not having to wade though buckets of blood clears the mind for the simple task of making the world a better place without all the bombastic trumpet-blasts.

Location hidden

#194829 Nov 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
53 Jesus said to them,“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

Exactly what i meant.
Death-cult, cannibalism.

And before we get into that arguement again: actual blood and meat is what the transsubstantiation is about.

Location hidden

#194830 Nov 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
But the name "jesus" is very clearly mentioned in so many prophesies of OT books!!
How dumb you people are!!
ouch, the stupid hurts.
Annointed as in kinds and priests being smeared with oil.
The word 'messiah means nothing more.

Ahmad, was the question, as in where does it mention ahmad?

You can however find the god ALI. No not Allah (or Alah)nor f.i. a famess goddess like Allat was.

Location hidden

#194831 Nov 9, 2013
It's Assaqar ... again.
All sad 80+ chapters of it.

Well MUQ it would only live up to expectations if all translations were compared. As in scientifically sound.

Instead we get Byzantians...again:

Location hidden

#194832 Nov 9, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that exactly what I said, that you even re-quoted above?
What is the matter with your head? Are you saying that you were complimenting me when you compared them to me? I think that since you were clearly trying to find fault with me, then by comparing me to them, you were finding fault with them as well. Now regardless o whther anybody is at fault, it's pretty clear what you are saying.
<quoted text>
What is the definition of a Judahite?
<quoted text>
Did you say that anybody who converts to Judaism can be or is a Judahite?
It means that people have taken a huge effort to get any explantion of the religion and it's basic in that head, to no avail.

The boy is ruined.

Location hidden

#194833 Nov 9, 2013
Oh and HB read the King James Version not so long ago, which made even conversation with fellow-christians a major undertaking.

And he believes such a thing as absolute truth is to be found.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Apr 29 Patrick 4,249
Interesting Satanic site Apr 26 Believer 3
Beltane Celebrations in Wv, Ky, or Oh (Feb '09) Apr 25 Donna 22
News The Return of the Invisible World Apr 24 Amberhawk 1
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Apr 23 Seo1 12
Sex and sexuality in paganism (Aug '07) Apr 16 proudpaganwitch 14
Strange smell lingering Apr 7 Celeste 1
More from around the web