Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256264 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#194549 Nov 6, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no answer! Can anyone prove that I said to be an ex catholic priest? If not then donate $2000 to an honest charity and ask forgiveness for your lies.
I recall reading it, but can't find exactly where and when you posted it in this Forum. In any case, you've proven ever since that you are a filthy-minded liar, Mr. "BJ" Phallus Obsessed, so it really doesn't matter what you may or may not have pretended to be before you saw "the light" of Mohammadanism. We know what you are NOW.
Karnatak

UK

#194550 Nov 6, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no answer! Can anyone prove that I said to be an ex catholic priest? If not then donate $2000 to an honest charity and ask forgiveness for your lies.
And would you pay $2000 to anyone who could prove that you made that claim?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194551 Nov 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, can you substantiate that claim? I could provide a hadith two where Muhammad clearly claims that he thinks his illness is the result of the effects of poison still being in him. I doubt he would say that 5 years later.
The poison was administered to him in KHYBER which was in year 6AH and he died in year 11 AH.

And in between he lived as normal person, taking part in battles and conquering Makkah and taking a large expedition to TABUK.

What else would you refer?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194552 Nov 6, 2013
True Guidance and Light series (5)

CH-1 .(Contd.) The Promised Prophet of the Bible By: Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD. Part-5

Hercules, the Roman king, had acknowledged the prophet-hood of prophet Muhammad (PBUH). When he received a letter from prophet Muhammad (PBUH), inviting him to embrace Islam, then he sent a messenger to Rome inquiring about the "Final Prophet". When Hercules received the response to his inquiry, he said to his people:

"O' Romans, I have requested you to gather for good news. I received a letter from this man, inviting me to join his faith, and by God I testify that he is the prophet we've been waiting for, and he is the one mentioned in our holy books, so let us follow him and believe in his message to be saved in our life and the hereafter" .

The same story mentioned in Bukhari’s narration is as follows:

Hercules said, "O' Romans, if you are seeking success and guidance and for your empire to hold strong, then you should believe in this prophet, so immediately they rushed to the gates but to find the gates locked. When Hercules saw that he commanded the people to return, and then he said, I said what I said only to test your faith, and I saw what you did. Then they prostrated to him with satisfaction". 1 Narrated by Al-Bukhari (7).¬)

Hercules did not adhere to his testimony and did not embrace Islam, just like many who know the truth but deny it and never follow its path.

The Negus king of Abyssinia believed in the prophet (PBUH). He said to the priests of his Kingdom:-

"O' you priests and monks, what they say (the Muslims) about the son of Mary is not more than what you say, you messengers of Muhammad are welcomed here and so he is. I bear witness that he (Muhammad) is the messenger of God, and that he is the one Jesus gave glad tidings of his coming. And if I wasn't occupied with this kingdom I would go to the prophet and personally carry his shoes". 2 (Narrated by Abu Dawood (3205), and Ibn Shayba (346/14))

The reversion of tens of well-known Christians and Jews to Islam such as; Al-Hassan Bin Ayoub, Zyadah Alnasb Alrasy, priest / Abdul Ahaad Dawood, Ibrahim Khalil, Moris Bokay and many more, assured the glaring fact about the existence of these prophecies in
the Holy Bible.

In this research, we will name the coming prophet as "the expected prophet", or "the expected messiah", following the celebrated studies of Dr. Ahmad Hejazy Al-Saqqa, who has amazingly researched this subject, and because it is the term used by the Jews to indicate the promised prophet.

I ask God Almighty to open our hearts to get to know this prophet (Muhammad, PBUH), and to bless us with the gift of believing in him, and to be among the people who believe in him on the Day of Judgment, God is Almighty and is capable of making it happen.

Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD

Makkah, Saudi Arabia / 2005 Email: munqidh@maktoob.com

(Contd.)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#194553 Nov 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Confusion of mind is something that you shall never have to worry about as it is not possible to confuse what you do not have.
You have a sharp tongue, HughBe!
But your mind is filled with self righteousness.

Location hidden

#194555 Nov 6, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Its out there.
You said it.
But you came clean and told the truth that you were never a Catholic priest.
Now you claim you are some sort of a research technician.

You are a Muslim!
And you cannot be trusted.

Any one would be foolish to have their identity revealed to you just to collect the 2000.

There are some things in life Alex that are worth more than money, and a human life lost at the hands of Muslim thugs cannot be put in monetary terms.

Location hidden

#194556 Nov 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
True Guidance and Light series (5)
CH-1 .(Contd.) The Promised Prophet of the Bible By: Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD. Part-5
Hercules, the Roman king, had acknowledged the prophet-hood of prophet Muhammad (PBUH). When he received a letter from prophet Muhammad (PBUH), inviting him to embrace Islam, then he sent a messenger to Rome inquiring about the "Final Prophet". When Hercules received the response to his inquiry, he said to his people:
"O' Romans, I have requested you to gather for good news. I received a letter from this man, inviting me to join his faith, and by God I testify that he is the prophet we've been waiting for, and he is the one mentioned in our holy books, so let us follow him and believe in his message to be saved in our life and the hereafter" .
The same story mentioned in Bukhari’s narration is as follows:
Hercules said, "O' Romans, if you are seeking success and guidance and for your empire to hold strong, then you should believe in this prophet, so immediately they rushed to the gates but to find the gates locked. When Hercules saw that he commanded the people to return, and then he said, I said what I said only to test your faith, and I saw what you did. Then they prostrated to him with satisfaction". 1 Narrated by Al-Bukhari (7).¬)
Hercules did not adhere to his testimony and did not embrace Islam, just like many who know the truth but deny it and never follow its path.
The Negus king of Abyssinia believed in the prophet (PBUH). He said to the priests of his Kingdom:-
"O' you priests and monks, what they say (the Muslims) about the son of Mary is not more than what you say, you messengers of Muhammad are welcomed here and so he is. I bear witness that he (Muhammad) is the messenger of God, and that he is the one Jesus gave glad tidings of his coming. And if I wasn't occupied with this kingdom I would go to the prophet and personally carry his shoes". 2 (Narrated by Abu Dawood (3205), and Ibn Shayba (346/14))
The reversion of tens of well-known Christians and Jews to Islam such as; Al-Hassan Bin Ayoub, Zyadah Alnasb Alrasy, priest / Abdul Ahaad Dawood, Ibrahim Khalil, Moris Bokay and many more, assured the glaring fact about the existence of these prophecies in
the Holy Bible.
In this research, we will name the coming prophet as "the expected prophet", or "the expected messiah", following the celebrated studies of Dr. Ahmad Hejazy Al-Saqqa, who has amazingly researched this subject, and because it is the term used by the Jews to indicate the promised prophet.
I ask God Almighty to open our hearts to get to know this prophet (Muhammad, PBUH), and to bless us with the gift of believing in him, and to be among the people who believe in him on the Day of Judgment, God is Almighty and is capable of making it happen.
Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD
Makkah, Saudi Arabia / 2005 Email: munqidh@maktoob.com
(Contd.)
The fallacy of your posting is that Muslims portray Muhammad as a Godly person above God Himself self.
All your posting about Muhammad proves non-believers are right in rejecting Muhammad in that the evidence you give shows Muhammad to be a self righteous demon from hell!

Location hidden

#194557 Nov 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The poison was administered to him in KHYBER which was in year 6AH and he died in year 11 AH.
And in between he lived as normal person, taking part in battles and conquering Makkah and taking a large expedition to TABUK.
Muhammad died an UN-repented man.
Muhammad allowed the demons from hell to take his soul into hell for all eternity.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#194558 Nov 6, 2013
ILL-EFFECTS OF POISON - PAUL SUPERIOR TO MUHAMMAD:

Paul the apostle was bitten by a poisonous snake (Acts 28:1-6), but Paul suffered no ill effects from the bite because Paul was an advanced yogi who successfully neutralized the poison that had entered his blood stream, whereas Muhammad died a horrific death after being poisoned and not surprisingly this Arab rogue (Muhammad) could neither detect the poison in the food prior to eating it nor did he have the yogic power to neutralize the ill-effects of the ingested poison and so he died a painful death like a common criminal.

LOL.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#194559 Nov 6, 2013
POISONING OF MUHAMMAD - DID HE DIE AFTER 4 YEARS OR?

PART 1:

Bakri sect says that when the Prophet's army won the Kheibar battle defeating the army of the Jews, a Jewish woman, Zeinab Bint Al-Harith invited him and his companions to a banquet. That woman wanted to take revenge upon the Prophet because her brother Murhab Bin Al-Harith, who was commander of the Jewish Army, had been killed by Imam Ali and this had led to the victory of the Muslim Army.

The Jewish leaders used the woman's desire to take revenge and goaded her into assassinating the Prophet. She poisoned the meat she cooked for the Prophet and his fellows. The Prophet died after having the poisoned meat.

This is the belief of Bakri sect, but it can easily be refuted by the following scientific evidence:

Firstly, the Khaibar Battle took place in the seventh year of Hegira. While the Prophet died in the eleventh year. This means that there is a time gap of four years between the two incidents.

It is very unlikely that a person dies because of a poison he had taken so many years ago.

It is also because generally the effect of poison is immediate and even if it takes time it cannot exceed a few months in which the health condition deteriorates gradually.

In the case of the Prophet, we notice that he had been in the peak of his health and throughout the said four years he had no unusual health complaints. He would participate in the battles to defend Muslims as usual.

Thus, it defies any logic that his health deteriorated suddenly and he died of a poison he had had taken more than four years ago despite the fact that he enjoyed good health throughout that intervening period.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#194560 Nov 6, 2013
PART 2:

DID AYESHA POISON MUHAMMAD BEING JEALOUS OF HIS OTHER WIVES?

A most significant Hadith as maintained by the Bakri sect to ascribe Prophet's sudden death to the poisoning attempt by the Jews four years ago, is one that was reported by Bukhari from Ayesha. She relates: "Allah's Prophet told me on his death bed,'Ayesha, since I consumed that poisoned food after the Kheibar Battle, I have been in pain. Now it is the time for my heart to stop beating because of that poison."

(Refer: Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol V, Page 137).

We cannot trust that Hadith for many reasons: one of which is the fact that Ayesha is an infamous liar. She would lie even to the Prophet.

Al-Bukhari reported Ayesha saying: "Allah's Prophet was eating honey at Zeinab Bint Jahsh place. So Hafsa and I agreed to tell him, upon his return that he smelled of Maghafeer".(Refer: Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 6, Page 68. Maghafeer is a substance extracted from a tree. It has a sweet taste but very foul smell.)

Ayesha knew that the Prophet had taken honey from his other wife, Zeinab Bint Jahsh. Being jealous of her, she agreed with her friend, Hafsa, to hurt the Prophet by claiming that he smelled foul when he consumed that honey. Thereby, he would stop eating it, and consequently stop visiting his wife, Zeinab.

That was a lie.

A woman, who would not abstain from lying to the noblest prophet, would not abstain from lying to ordinary people, either. Therefore, the Hadiths reported by her cannot be trusted, especially when she, herself, was accused of being involved in the murder of the Prophet. Naturally, she would try to divert suspicion by pointing fingers at others.

Let us not forget that the Holy Quran stated that Ayesha and Hafsa were sinful wrongdoers whose hearts deviated from the true path. Allah warned them that by merely marrying the Prophet, they would not be exempted from going to hell. This was set forth in the Chapter Al Tahreem: "If you both turn to Allah, then indeed your hearts are already inclined (to this); and if you back up each other against him, then surely Allah is his Guardian, and Jibreel and the believers that do good, and the angels after that are the helpers.(…) Allah sets forth an example to those who disbelieve the wife of Nuh and the wife of Lut: they were both under two of our righteous servants, but they acted treacherously towards them so they availed them naught against Allah, and it was said: Enter both the fire with those who enter." (66:10 &4)
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#194563 Nov 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Joel Thumbs Up,

What is your opinion about the followeing Hadith my friend -

From Ibn Sa'd page 294

Umm Bishr [the mother of the Muslim man who also died eating poison], came to the prophet during his illness and said, "O apostle of Allah! I never saw fever like it in any one." The prophet said to her, "Our trial is double and so our reward [in heaven], is double. What do the people say about it [his illness]?" She said, "They say it is pleurisy." Thereupon the apostle said, "Allah will not like to make His apostle suffer from it (pleurisy) because it indicates the possession of Satan, but (my disease is the result of) the morsel that I had taken along your son. It has cut my jugular vein."

That unfortunate mother was also a liar is it?

No matter how you people try, you can not dosprove this fact that Prophet Mohammed himself believed that he died from that poison. Else, you have the option to decide yourself. If he died of pleurisy, then you have to accept that he was possessed by Satan according to Muslim belief.

But in either case, it is well proved that Moahammad can not be the true prophet of God. As otherwise, he would not have suffered what he had suffered.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194564 Nov 6, 2013
TS wrote:
Dear MUQ,

I believe, you have now really opened the can of worms by teasing a person who is really trying to seek the truth...

Evidence 1: "Malik says that several verses from chapter 9 (Sura of Repentance) have been dropped from the beginning...

Evidence-2 :’Ibn Umar al–Khattab: "Let no one of you say that he has acquired the entire Qur’an for how does he know that it is all?

Evidence-3: Ubay ibn Ka’b: "This famous companion asked one of the Muslims,‘How many verses in the chapter of the Parties?’ He said,‘Seventy-two or seventy-three verses.’.. man or woman committed adultery, stone them to death."’(The Itqan" by Suyuti Part 3, Page 72)

(To be contd..)
Ans.

I have not opened any "Can of Worms" and if you are really a Seeker of Truth, you will see the Truth.

On the other hand if you are only to confuse yourself and others, you will never reach the truth.

1st Evidence Surah 9: Yes we hear a lot about how Surah 9 was "shortened". In Quran itself is recorded that "We make people forget…" so those verses were "forgotten from memory" by Allah.

2nd Evidence, the reported statement by Omar the Second Caliph , it says exactly opposite to what you are trying to prove!!

3rd Evidence, the so called UBAY statement, it is similar to what you gave as 1st evidence.

PS:

1. Quran says "it is people in whose heart is disease that make the path of Allah crooked". When we do not have any other Quranic copy, except what we have, it is fruitless to discredit it.

2. Do you know in which year the book of ITQAN was written? It was written in year 911 AH, and Suyuti is no Authority in these matters.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194565 Nov 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad died an UN-repented man.
Muhammad allowed the demons from hell to take his soul into hell for all eternity.
It seems YOU know more than God Himself!!

So there is no need to comment on it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194566 Nov 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
These "Christian" fellows demonstrate the importance on being LOYAL to God above obedience to men and loyalty to denomination.
I have been on this forum for years and every half-witted person knows that I am a Christian. Yet because I stand up for TRUTH these instruments of Satan seek to turn against me.
Tell me, if I said something like this I have an unwavering conviction that Jesus was crucified, what does it tell you?
Hey, I believe you are a Christian, ok? I just wonder why you call yourself a Muslim, and refer to yourself as a fellow Muslim, but you never refer to yourself as a fellow Christian. But I believe you are a Christian. But you seem so close to being a Muslim, and that is why I ask what stops you from becoming one. All you would need to do to answer that questions is to list a reason or two why your would not convert to Islam, but after multiple times asking you this, for some bizarre reason you still refuse to answer that. It is not an unfair question at all and I don't know why you think it is. If someone asked me that question, I would tell them with no problems at all.
HughBe wrote:
Now, Islam teaches otherwise so outside of demonic possession what would possess a person to ask me, why I do not convert to Islam?
Could it be sheer EVIL or is it MADNESS?
Or, could it be that you are even willing to be critical of Christianity itself, as you have even said it has false doctrines and lies, but you are completely unwilling to ever be critical of Islam? Could that be it? Oh no, no no no, impossible. It must be that I am demonic, not just making clear observations. LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194567 Nov 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't say "Catholic" priest, you said priest. Nice try. Why do you attempt games like this? So again, for the 15th time. What denomination were you? It's a very simple and easy question, but you never seem to want to answer that. So what is anybody supposed to think when someone continually refuses to answer a very simple, fair and reasonable question? You actually could have used that question the first time I asked it to embarrass me, but for some reason you didn't know that you could, or else surely you would have, as we both know you would never pass on any opportunity to embarrass me if you can find one or you are aware of it.

Phather Phallics
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194568 Nov 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>I recall reading it, but can't find exactly where and when you posted it in this Forum. In any case, you've proven ever since that you are a filthy-minded liar, Mr. "BJ" Phallus Obsessed, so it really doesn't matter what you may or may not have pretended to be before you saw "the light" of Mohammadanism. We know what you are NOW.
It's way way back on the forum, perhaps even as long as 6 months ago or even more, and not only is he counting on someone not bothering to go back that far, jut in case they do, he "technically" isn't denying calling himself an ex priest, he is asking people to tell him where he said he was a "catholic" priest. See the tiny little qualification game he is attempting? It seems to all be about little games with these people.

Now, if you recognize the problem with his challenge of asking people to show him where he said he was a "catholic" priest, and you probably do and yet he does not, do not come out and identify it for him. I have asked him what denomination he used to be multiple times, and each time he either ignores the question or finds an excuse to not answer it. It's really a very simple, fair and harmless question that either you or I would answer right away. But for some odd reason, he won't. Maybe if you ask him, he might answer.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194569 Nov 7, 2013
Karnatak wrote:
<quoted text>
And would you pay $2000 to anyone who could prove that you made that claim?
LOL!!! Great question. Oh no, no no no, it doesn't work that way. But he is trying to set people up by using the qualifying word of "catholic", so that he could say that he never said he was a "catholic" priest. Now, if you recognize the obvious problem with what his statement or challenge, do not point it out to him.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194570 Nov 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating the same thing you were asked to substantiate is your substantiation? Do you know the meaning of the word substantiation? All that I know is that I have no idea why accounts would say that he complained that he was still feeling the effects of the poison before he died.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194571 Nov 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its out there.
You said it.
But you came clean and told the truth that you were never a Catholic priest.
Now you claim you are some sort of a research technician.
You are a Muslim!
And you cannot be trusted.
That is true. But to him, and many other Muslims, it's all considered a game, and deception is considered to be clever, not shameful.
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one would be foolish to have their identity revealed to you just to collect the 2000.
Actually, he didn't even offer to give anybody $2000. It was a completely one sided proposition. Typical behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
Journalism Diorama(s): Pluralism Theocracy Jan 10 Abishai100 1
I'm searching for answers Jan 9 Anonymous 1
Journaling Questions for Deeper Exploration Dec 31 Raavyncloud 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Dec '17 kaleb 18
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Oct '17 Kim 21
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) Oct '17 Scarlet Hernandez 7
More from around the web