Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256389 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193838 Oct 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes i know, it is all of you. who are all keeping, the same old devil alive again. your all helping, to feed the devil/s.
and truly you cannot comprehend, true sarcasm from G-D. cause i sure as hell would not be doing this now, if it were not commanded by G-D.
Yes, God tells you that it is very important to post on topix.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#193839 Oct 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello. I do not take what you say as what God says, nor should I, nor should anybody else. You can write "rabbee" before every post all that you want. Doesn't make one bit of difference and it doesn't solve one single contradiction that your claims have with the Torah.
rabbee: well your the one, calling G-D'S Word in TheTorah all hogwash to you. because you do not believe, G-D can do it all precisely over again. oh yeah that's right, your the one who committed blasphemy against The HOLY SPIRIT and never repented of it quickly.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193840 Oct 28, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The verse in question says:
Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the young woman shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
As you can read it says the young woman and not a young woman. The use of article makes us understand that that woman is someone that king Ahaz and Isaiah know about it
Well I don't think that is conclusive at all.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The sign was not meant for the people but only for king Ahaz.
The child could be Hezekiah son of king Ahaz.
Well, I don't know anything about King Ahaz's wife, but she would have to be someone who has never born a child based on the word that is used.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The so called signs of Yeshua's birth do not fit with Isaiah 7th chapter.
Isaiah is very cryptic and it's often hard to tell what he is actually saying. But when I read subsequent chapters as well, there does seem to be a lot of things that seem to mirror some of the things Jesus said or the story of Jesus. Obviously nothing is conclusive.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
As for looking the hymen of the girl, I don't think a god would humiliate a young woman by exposing her vagina to the people as a sign. Would you do that to your daughter?
A parent would check that if she claimed to still be a virgin. Anyway, the point is that it could be checked.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#193841 Oct 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, God tells you that it is very important to post on topix.
rabbee: what you don't it was important enough, for G-D to put it in your scriptures? well you know the woman chaooah being deceived, was important enough for G-D to put in TheTorah. regardless what all your helpers of the devil, to deceivers of your grandmother have to say.

and you do realize that it is still blasphemy, to say you not here in TheTorah while G-D is still giving it. because you have Gadd, G-D attention deficit disorder here in TheTorah.

why do you think, all those jews died in wwii. because they think they can get away with their not being here in TheTorah. because according to G-D, they are not exactly as innocent victims as they say. and still they think it happened, while they are all pretending so innocent not here in TheTorah again. the only thing G-D really asked of the multitude, is to be here in TheTorah. and they can't even do that religiously.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193842 Oct 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Understood your position.
2. She is a NOT a native speaker of English
3. My point about God having a FACE, BACK etc? is this, Maat and people of Judaism are big on singulars and plurals and meanings etc. when it suits them. They when it is convenient cleave to meanings etc and not on usage e.g. ALMAH as is the current case.
Well that is actually true. If it suits there point, the actual usage of the word is invoked. And when it suits their point, the actual literal meaning is used. But then again, almost everybody selectively decides what to apply and what not to apply based on what they need it to be. Objectivity is difficult for people.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is hypocrisy among other things.
They hold to meanings etc so why do they not hold to the meaning of FACE and BACK etc as applied to God and where the CONTEXT says it is speaking LITERALLY.
That's just human nature. Everybody seems to do stuff like that, but yes, you are correct.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses literally wanted to have seen God's FACE. There is nothing figurative about the event. Yet Judaism out of convenience rejects that God has a FACE and FORM.
I have always found those to be a very difficult verses to deal with. In Ezekial we see God appearing on a throne. Maybe it's just God choosing to manifest himself in a particular form so that he can be seen. I don't know. It's not explained.

Maybe you should ask Jimmie Boswell (crabbee rabbee). He says that God wears a long robe every time he visits him. He also says that he overhears the conversations of Angels when he is in a pool hall. Go figure, eh?

I've started to come to see much of the Hebrew scriptures as more of a kid's bed time story that has an underlying truth but is put in the form of a story so that people back then could grasp it. Was it Joshua that wrestled with God? I forget.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#193843 Oct 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me where I said that?
The words below are those of Warner and not mine.

Warner---The scripture is clear, but to ask Seeker to explain it when it is clear what it says, is ridiculous! Seeker knows God has a face ...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193844 Oct 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: that is not what G-D says, here in TheTorah about adam. as you claim unwittingly, that jesus christ is a lunatic.
You are not Jesus and you are not even Adam, and it takes a lot of nerve to claim you are. Could you please stop representing yourself as that? Thank you. Jesus is not a lunatic. You are. Get it? Get it? Of course not. If you did, you wouldn't be a lunatic.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
what makes you think, i want all of you and your grandmother back? didn't i tell you, that G-D and i presently hate you all?
Yes, more than 1000 times by now, crabbee rabbee.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and you won't find my, case history in any psychology journal. haven't you heard, belief in TheOne G-D, is not considered a mental disorder.
True, but believing you are Adam or Jesus is.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and i do not need this worlds, witches brews to be a healthy male. and after what i have seen here in TheTorah, i do not want all of you and yo mama of all back. which part about G-D and i presently hate you all, don't you understand?
I understand that you are delusional and you hate anybody that does not believe your delusions.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
i am not bipolar, never really have been.
What do you mean by "really"?
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
but i know how to fake it, if necessary.
You sure as heck do. I hope you are faking it right now.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193845 Oct 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well your the one, calling G-D'S Word in TheTorah all hogwash to you.
I do not call the Torah hogwash at all. I call what you say hogwash. I'm the one who actually quotes the Torah, and you are the one who contradicts it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193846 Oct 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
The words below are those of Warner and not mine.
Warner---The scripture is clear, but to ask Seeker to explain it when it is clear what it says, is ridiculous! Seeker knows God has a face ...
Whoops, misread it. Thanks. BTW has anybody shown you how to end quotes and begin new ones? It's easier than you might think.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#193847 Oct 28, 2013
you all do realize, that the whole world proclaiming that G-D is not still giving TheTorah. is all idolatry, don't you? and because you all say, G-D is not now giving TheTorah. guess what G-D, is going to give again? because your all not here in TheTorah from THEM.

still think your not here in TheTorah lies, are not extremely dangerous to body and soul? because you all helped the beast, to deceive your grandmother again. you can all forget about even getting, even a visitor pass to HEAVEN.

and why are you all calling me naked, because i refuse to be clothed in any of your false new testaments? when i am sufficiently clothed, in TheTorah according to G-D.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193848 Oct 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: what you don't it was important enough, for G-D to put it in your scriptures?
How come God can't write in coherent sentences? Reread what God just said, and you will see what I mean. Anyway, posting on topix has nothing to do with scriptures. Jimmie Boswell is not in the scriptures, but he sure is all over the Holy Topix.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
well you know the woman chaooah being deceived, was important enough for G-D to put in TheTorah. regardless what all your helpers of the devil, to deceivers of your grandmother have to say.
Nobody denies she was deceived, except for maybe susanblange.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and you do realize that it is still blasphemy, to say you not here in TheTorah while G-D is still giving it.
It is not blasphemy to call a crazy imposter such as yourself an imposter.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
because you have Gadd, G-D attention deficit disorder here in TheTorah.
why do you think, all those jews died in wwii. because they think they can get away with their not being here in TheTorah. because according to G-D, they are not exactly as innocent victims as they say. and still they think it happened, while they are all pretending so innocent not here in TheTorah again. the only thing G-D really asked of the multitude, is to be here in TheTorah. and they can't even do that religiously.
Jimmie, while you can repeat "being here in TheTorah" over and over again, you can't even explain exactly what that is even supposed to mean. And don't bother, I have already asked you this more than once and all that I get as an answer is an incoherent mess. So I stopped asking.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193849 Oct 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
and why are you all calling me naked
Jimmie, nobody calls you naked and I doubt that anybody would want to see you naked.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#193850 Oct 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not Jesus and you are not even Adam, and it takes a lot of nerve to claim you are. Could you please stop representing yourself as that? Thank you. Jesus is not a lunatic. You are. Get it? Get it? Of course not. If you did, you wouldn't be a lunatic.
<quoted text>
Yes, more than 1000 times by now, crabbee rabbee.
<quoted text>
True, but believing you are Adam or Jesus is.
<quoted text>
I understand that you are delusional and you hate anybody that does not believe your delusions.
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "really"?

<quoted text>
You sure as heck do. I hope you are faking it right now.
rabbee: is this all you can do, is to call TheG-D of Only TheTorah a liar here in IT? this story G-D is giving, is mentioned in TheTorah. so don't tell me it isn't. and i am not about to excuse you, for your blasphemy. more false witness tons of garbage, from you is not going to compensate for it.

and there you go unwittingly saying jesus christ, is a lunatic again. man you just, can't quit your blaspheming all over the place.

and no i did not believe G-D for the next 41 years, that i am who G-D says i am. that did not start happening, until the second visit from G-D. and it even says so in The Written Torah Scroll.

i don't give a damn, what you and the devil say in agreement. i have been visited with G-D three times so far. and sorry if the definition of delusions, do not space themselves out like that. a delusion, is a constant state of deception for any prolonged period of time. and generally avoids, the subject of G-D here in TheTorah.

and what you don't understand, the delusion of not being here in TheTorah, is from you and the whole world in agreement with mr lizard lips again. G-D is right, and your so not here in TheTorah delusionary wrong. i am not about to reject, what G-D came and said to me, for what deception you think is right.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#193851 Oct 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmie, nobody calls you naked and I doubt that anybody would want to see you naked.
rabbee: you are constantly calling me naked without your anything goes, new testament cloth. oh and don't tell me that that discussion, has not already happened again between me and G-D here in TheTorah again. your the one saying TheTorah from G-D, is worthless to your not here in IT. you stay with your new testament idolatry, and i'll continue with G-D here in Only TheTorah again from THEM.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#193852 Oct 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is actually true. If it suits there point, the actual usage of the word is invoked. And when it suits their point, the actual literal meaning is used. But then again, almost everybody selectively decides what to apply and what not to apply based on what they need it to be. Objectivity is difficult for people.
<quoted text>
That's just human nature. Everybody seems to do stuff like that, but yes, you are correct.
<quoted text>
I have always found those to be a very difficult verses to deal with. In Ezekial we see God appearing on a throne. Maybe it's just God choosing to manifest himself in a particular form so that he can be seen. I don't know. It's not explained.
Maybe you should ask Jimmie Boswell (crabbee rabbee). He says that God wears a long robe every time he visits him. He also says that he overhears the conversations of Angels when he is in a pool hall. Go figure, eh?
I've started to come to see much of the Hebrew scriptures as more of a kid's bed time story that has an underlying truth but is put in the form of a story so that people back then could grasp it. Was it Joshua that wrestled with God? I forget.
Seeker---I've started to come to see much of the Hebrew scriptures as more of a kid's bed time story that has an underlying truth but is put in the form of a story so that people back then could grasp it. Was it Joshua that wrestled with God? I forget

HughBe--- I take the stories as real history. I have no difficulty understanding and accepting that God has a FORM and that Moses literally wanted to see it. I have no difficulty with the concept that God's form is like that of humans as He made them in His image.

I have a problem with the opinion of some that image in Genesis means character of God. In my thinking how can someone with Godlike character sin so easily? Joseph resisted sin, so why did Adam and Eve yield so easily to sin?

If they had the character of God and sin so easily then God too can sin.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#193853 Oct 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoops, misread it. Thanks. BTW has anybody shown you how to end quotes and begin new ones? It's easier than you might think.
No but I am not averse to learning, so you show me. Thanks.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#193854 Oct 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not call the Torah hogwash at all. I call what you say hogwash. I'm the one who actually quotes the Torah, and you are the one who contradicts it.
rabbee: look i can get the same delusion, from anyone else in this world. because nobody agrees, that we are all here in TheTorah. so apparently, delusions are more highly contagious than you think. and there is something pretty suspicious, when this whole demonic world agrees on anything. G-D is still only giving TheTorah, and you say G-D is wrong. that, is the definition of blasphemy. and this whole world is pretty delusionaly sick, to agree with your not being here in TheTorah from G-D.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#193855 Oct 28, 2013
there is something wrong, your HaMosheeach accounting. when i can look in TheTorah to see Who G-D placed in charge, for the one day of rest the last time. where there ain't no mention of the fake name jesus christ for only Adam. and i do not see any other, specific twice comings mentioned either.

G-D accounted for all seven days the last time, and you all only thought you got out of G-D giving it this time again too.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193856 Oct 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: is this all you can do, is to call TheG-D of Only TheTorah a liar here in IT?
No, I call you one.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
this story G-D is giving, is mentioned in TheTorah. so don't tell me it isn't.
Your version is not, and that is why you rarely even quote exact verses, if you even do at all.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and i am not about to excuse you, for your blasphemy.
I don't want you to excuse me and for you to think you are in a position to do so is quite arrogant and downright crazy. I'll ask God for forgiveness, not you. You better work on asking God for your own forgiveness for your false arrogant claims.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
more false witness tons of garbage, from you is not going to compensate for it.
and there you go unwittingly saying jesus christ, is a lunatic again.
I'll repeat it again for you, since you didn't hear me the first time. Jesus is not a lunatic, you, Jimmie Boswell are a lunatic, and you most certainly are not Jesus.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
man you just, can't quit your blaspheming all over the place.
and no i did not believe G-D for the next 41 years, that i am who G-D says i am. that did not start happening, until the second visit from G-D. and it even says so in The Written Torah Scroll.
Your claims are not written in the Torah and that is why you avoid actually quoting from it.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't give a damn, what you and the devil say in agreement. i have been visited with G-D three times so far. and sorry if the definition of delusions, do not space themselves out like that. a delusion, is a constant state of deception for any prolonged period of time. and generally avoids, the subject of G-D here in TheTorah.
I think you would fit the description of being in a constant state of delusion with occasional spikes. Just look a the fact that you can't even write coherent sentences. That should tell you something right there. Gee, funny how God writes just like someone with a mental disorder would be expected to write, isn't it? Do the math Jimmie.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and what you don't understand, the delusion of not being here in TheTorah, is from you and the whole world in agreement with mr lizard lips again. G-D is right, and your so not here in TheTorah delusionary wrong.
You can't even explain what "here in TheTorah" means in any sort of rational, coherent fashion. you often can't even type a sentence that makes sense.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
i am not about to reject, what G-D came and said to me, for what deception you think is right.
Everybody is entitled to believe whatever they want, as long as they don't hurt anybody and get angry when others do not share their delusions. What you need to do is to get back in touch with those people who you claim saw you glowing blue and said they wanted what you have. Gee, I wonder why they aren't following you around. If I saw someone glowing blue, I would follow that person around and think that they are very special. But the people who you say saw you glowing blue do not. Gee, I wonder why? Could it be that you made that story up? And all you have left is to try to convince people on topix that you are something that you are not, because topix is a free forum and you have a captive audience that is forced to listen to your false bullhorn. People in real life are not forced to listen to it, but people here have to tolerate the real estate you take up here while you insist on claiming that they are ALL wrong, and you are the only person on this earth who is right. And people call ME arrogant? Shees. I don't even hold a candle to your arrogance. I don't even compare.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193857 Oct 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker---I've started to come to see much of the Hebrew scriptures as more of a kid's bed time story that has an underlying truth but is put in the form of a story so that people back then could grasp it. Was it Joshua that wrestled with God? I forget
HughBe--- I take the stories as real history. I have no difficulty understanding and accepting that God has a FORM and that Moses literally wanted to see it. I have no difficulty with the concept that God's form is like that of humans as He made them in His image.
And Jacob wrestles with God?

24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said,“Let me go, for it is daybreak.”But Jacob replied,“I will not let you go unless you bless me.”27 The man asked him,“What is your name?”“Jacob,” he answered. 28 Then the man said,“Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel,[a] because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.” 29 Jacob said,“Please tell me your name.” But he replied,“Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there. 30 So Jacob called the place Peniel,[b] saying,“It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a problem with the opinion of some that image in Genesis means character of God. In my thinking how can someone with Godlike character sin so easily? Joseph resisted sin, so why did Adam and Eve yield so easily to sin?
Free will. True love only comes from choice. Obviously God could have made people to simply never sin. So why didn't he? Because then they would be like robots, simply programmed to do nothing but love him. So God actually gave up some control by granting free will in exchange for the possibility of God receiving true love from some of his creation. Otherwise God could not receive true love, only pre programmed love, which is not love at all. And I see no other purpose for God creating humans. Creating robots would kind of be pointless. And now this puts God in the position of "needing" something, but maybe we could actually say "wanting" something. So some would say that God would never even want of anything, but if there is something that God could want of, true love would be the most noble and valuable thing possible.

But again, trying to figure out the motives of God would be similar to a dog trying to figure out what human laughter is. It ain't gunna happen. They simply are not equipped to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Splash X Damage (Apr '08) 22 hr Jahmahlol 6
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 14 Einstein Nukes 16
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Dec 29 Sugar plum 50
News Who the Crusaders Are in 2016 Dec 28 Playa 7
confusion 3 Dec 26 taylor810 1
confusion Dec 26 taylor810 2
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 26 Eagle 12 4,912
More from around the web