Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 9,100)

Showing posts 181,981 - 182,000 of199,465
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
News

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Isaiah 32:15
till the Spirit is poured on us from on high, and the desert becomes a fertile field, and the fertile field seems like a forest.
News

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Isaiah 40:13
Who can fathom the Spirit of the Lord, or instruct the Lord as his counselor?
News

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.
News

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Isaiah 59:21
“As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord.“My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants—from this time on and forever,” says the Lord.
News

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

bmz,

I beleive i have posted enough verses from Isaiah which are about Son (Immanuel - God with us) and Spirit (God' guidance).

please let me know if you would like to read more from Isaiah.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven't finished our initial discussions yet, seeker.
Finish those first before we can get to a simple case of dissolution of oath that was to forbid something that was Halal.
This is not a deliberate Oath.
You have CLEARLY told us that...
"Jesus NEVER said ANYTHING explicitly. EVERYTHING was ALWAYS in a more CRYPTIC, DEEPER and INDIRECT fashion....."
As a result of this... you can't give simple interpretations...you need to look for "something else and deeper...".
You have given the obvious "Tafsir"!! lol..
Matt 6:1
"Beware of doing your good deeds conspicuously to catch men's eyes or you will miss the reward of your Heavenly Father.
What did BJ mean by this? "
Based on your BOLD claim above..we need a completely different..cryptic..deep meaning..lol
You get it now?
The problem with Christians like you is this:
You can't explain many things including BJ's divinity.
So you come up with the bull about his cryptic, deeper, indirect nature.
On other occasions you quote him verbatim...without any deeper or cryptic interpretation!
This is clearly disingenuous...and you know it.
Either BJ is 100% cryptic and nothing he says can be taken at face value or all what he says is direct and uncomplicated!
Your elusive tactic will not work.
You ask what is the meaning of"Matt 6:1
"Beware of doing your good deeds conspicuously to catch men's eyes or you will miss the reward of your Heavenly Father.
The answer Alex is this:
If you do good deeds just to bring attention to your self, than that good deed is not worthy of being considered a good deed because it was done without a good moral conscience but rather for the purpose to make your self the object of the good deed.

Muslim praying 5 times a day is not considered a good deed, because it is done to bring attention to them self as showing off, rather than praying from the heart which is done in a private setting.

Ones relationship with God is not for showing off purposes, but rather for the purpose of bringing your self and others closer to God.
Muslims do things automatically without the things they do from their heart.

Muslims do things in an automatic fashion to please Muhammad rather than doing things from their heart that does please God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It says that Muhammad gave his men permission to deceive in an accepted, authentic hadith that is collaborated by other hadiths. Should they just be thrown out if they don't say what you need them to say?
As far as the Quran goes, what about this?
http://quran.com/66
Allah has already ordained for you [Muslims] the dissolution of your oaths. And Allah is your protector, and He is the Knowing, the Wise.
If one can dissolve their oaths, then was the original oath true or false? An oath is supposed to be a promise. What does that promise become if one dissolves it?
Surah 66:1 is telling the Prophet not to forbid what Allah has made lawful, just for the sake of pleasing the wives.

For example, If the wives did not like the smell of honey, the prophet does not have to make an oath saying that he would not touch it again.

Another examples: A person says to his wife in anger, "I swear I will never sleep with you again".

A person says to his child in anger, "I swear I will never talk to you again".
But a few days later, it is all back to normal and he wants to talk. What does he do?

Divorce the wife and disown the child? For such scenarios, the meaningless oaths do not mean a promise or a treaty or an agreement.

In the second part of the same verse, Allah says, "Allah has already given a way to absolve you from your oaths"

The way is to observe fasting for three days. That is the penalty. So, if Mr. A has a habit to threaten his wife by saying that he would not sleep with her frequently, how many times can he afford to fast?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
But isn't the larger goal of even bringing this issue up to prove that Jesus never said Father forgive them? otherwise, why was it being discussed?
It was I, BMZ, who brought that up.

I don't believe that Jesus said that. Since he was supposed to get crucified instead of getting stoned, as Shamma stated, Jesus should have said, "Father! Bless them for what they are doing to bring your plan to an end".

The Father had sent him to be killed. Right?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

News wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what I remebered from my Bible research time.
Isaiah 5:1
[ The Song of the Vineyard ] I will sing for the one I love a song about his vineyard: My loved one had a vineyard on a fertile hillside.
In Gospel, Jesus called himself the Vine of Life and all people are his branches.
Don't waste time on other chapters.

I want you to read Isaiah 45.

That is why I wrote:

Reading Isaiah 45 is highly recommended for you. It confirms that there is no other besides God Almighty.

Under Isaiah 45 clauses Jesus and the alleged Holy Ghost aka the Holy Spirit get rejected.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

News wrote:
<quoted text>
bmz, I thought you were smarter than this.
You said "Jesus never replied by saying, "Yes, Satan. I am the Son of God."
My answer:
Jesus knew satan's intention and did not want to lower to satan by trying to justify who he was.
Think about it, if a welknown thief in your area comes to you and ask you ' can you assure me bmz that you are wearing a rolex watch?". Will you answer him saying "yes thief, i am wearing a rolex' or you are going to tell he "get away from here you thief".
common sense.
Silly!
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

News wrote:
bmz,
I beleive i have posted enough verses from Isaiah which are about Son (Immanuel - God with us) and Spirit (God' guidance).

please let me know if you would like to read more from Isaiah.
Yes, please! Read Isaiah 45, forty-five times and let me know. we can then discuss para by para.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

News wrote:
Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.
You have to ignore the S in caps. It is meaningless. Even the Greek does not have pneuma (air) with a capital P. lol!

Today I had the car tires checked up. They pumped in pneuma.

My spirit, simply means "My mercy' in that verse.
Judy

Coldwater, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Is your last name Bass?
My last name is not Bass. Thanks for asking.
News

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't waste time on other chapters.
I want you to read Isaiah 45.
That is why I wrote:
Reading Isaiah 45 is highly recommended for you. It confirms that there is no other besides God Almighty.
Under Isaiah 45 clauses Jesus and the alleged Holy Ghost aka the Holy Spirit get rejected.
I read Isaiah 45 before and now I just read it again.

What is your point.

This just re-inforces Christianity.

Which part you find contradicting Christianity?
News

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to ignore the S in caps. It is meaningless. Even the Greek does not have pneuma (air) with a capital P. lol!
Today I had the car tires checked up. They pumped in pneuma.
My spirit, simply means "My mercy' in that verse.
You are right bmz. You are right.

Holy Spriint is God's mercy.
Holy Spirit is God's guidance.
Holy Spirit is God's power.
Holy Spirit is God's comfort.

Holy Spirit is not a seprate entity as you keep thinking.

God (the Father), His Word (Power, the Son) and His Mercy (Spirit)- defines ONE God of Christianity.

Christians keep repeating to you, thre ETERNAL (incorporeal) persons however same in essence in UNION defines entirety of ONE GO.
News

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

bmz, instead of pushing only in one direction, take a break and think about the above post I made.

No one is asking you to believe that, but see if you are realizing what Christians are trying to explain to you as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Most Muslims keep thinking they are three distinct entity eirely seperate and no relationship to each other making a group of one God of Christinity. That is not the concept Christians have.

In Christianity, one God' Power and same one God's mercey (guidance) defines God himself.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what!
<quoted text>
Neither the Father nor Jesus said that. Who said such a thing so absurd?
<quoted text>
"I am" is a very intense way in every language. I have told you and others many times that Greek is scripturally a poor and an unfit language. That is why God never gave any scripture in Greek and neither any prophet spoke in Greek.
God Almighty said, "I am the God of Abraham." That is fine, but Jesus did not say, "I am God of Abraham". So, here he gets debunked as God.
We have done this "Before Abraham was born, I am" many times and it does not show that Jesus was telling the Jews that he was their "I am that I am" or "I will always be what I am".
He did not even say, "Before Abraham was born, I was the I am that I am". That is a foolish claim.
<quoted text>
The obsession with 'I am" gets absurd. "I am with you always,”, simply means "I will always be with you".
What came first? The language or grammar?
You are a person without a mind to think with!
You are ignorant!
God speaks to the heart of a person no matter what language they speak.
Jesus spoke to the rational mind of people and if you don't have a rational mind you will never understand the teachings of Jesus.
And it is evident that Muslims do not have a rational mind.

The Spirit of God the Father lives in the body of Jesus the man.
What Jesus saw the Father doing Jesus Himself did and said.
Jesus stated "I can do nothing own my own" because God the Father is guiding Jesus in all things and all spoken words.

In that way Jesus also stated "The Father and I are One"

God is "SPIRIT" meaning God can be in Jesus and still at the same time be on His on throne in heaven.
God is Omnipresence.
Means God is not limited to time and space.

The wisdom of God being a Spirit and having a Spirit Son of Himself and Having a Holy Spirit is that God can send the Son and the Holy Spirit into the world and still be on his throne in Heaven.

If God was not a Trinity then God would have to reply on sending billions of angels one for each person born to have knowledge of what is happening in the world.
And God would not be self sufficient in all things.
News

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Okay, I like Shamma's above post.

God is "SPIRIT" meaning God can be in Jesus and still at the same time be on His on throne in heaven.
God is Omnipresence.
Means God is not limited to time and space.
News

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

bmz fails to understand that God himself is Spirit (the Guide) because Muslims are confused because they are taught from Quran that Holy Spirit is an angel. This was placed deliberately in Quran so that Muslims never understand Christianity. Same reason a fake Jesus was put in Quran.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan asked Jesus twice by adding "“If you are the Son of God,........."
Jesus never replied by saying, "Yes, Satan. I am the Son of God."
And Satan also proved that Jesus was not the son of God because Jesus did not acknowledge. Jesus could not lie because Satan knew God better as he had seen God long before Jesus.
<quoted text>
God worked through Moses and other prophets. Why didn't people not make Moses God on earth at that time?
I already told you this. God only worked through Moses at certain moments and Moses did not always follow God's instructions perfectly, which was why God deprived him from entering into the promised land. Why does this have to be repeated to you over and over again? And next, you will use the same argument you used last time, and then I will provide you with Jewish sources that even say that. Same broken record over and over again.
\
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
God even told Moses that he would be like God to Pharaoh. Right? Did God say anything like that for Jesus?
He said more.
54 Jesus replied,“If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Matthew 28
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a]

There are many more verses as well.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is simply a Godly person in my eyes, not God in person. It is wrong because you guess. It is just a conjecture.
Let us now look at a few verses for the sake of brevity. You quoted the following:
" If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
Did he say, "If you really know me, you will know that I am the Father as well."?
He says by looking at him, you are seeing the Father.
8 Philip said,“Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”9 Jesus answered:“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say,‘Show us the Father’?

That matches my theory that while the Father is greater, Jesus is the physical representation
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And then he clarified that the Father is doing the work through him.
That is exactly what I said.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And Philip also never replied, "Yes, Jesus, you are the Father."
This verse itself refutes the claim:
Phillip didn't say anything in response. Apparently he merely listened and was convinced.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at this:

This verse clearly shows that he was not the Father, who had sent him.
So, how can I accept your reasoning?
Because I said that I do not believe the God literally left heaven to live on earth, but that if one can do NOTHING but the God's will and ALL of their words and actions are not their own, but rather God's, then while that person cannot be said to be the ENTIRETY of God, they could be said to be a physical manifestation of God. You have a body, but that person's words and actions are ALL actually God's.

"49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say ALL that I have spoken. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So WHATEVER I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

This is how Jesus can be considered a physical form of God on earth, to the extent that I mentioned, but also be the Son, and it can also be said that God is greater. All of the seemingly contradictory verses work when we apply my interpretation to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181,981 - 182,000 of199,465
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••