Who Is Allah?

There are 220239 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#193019 Oct 21, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>
Using Quran? Using Quran dude?
Quraninc Isa is NOT same as Biblical Jesus.
Quraninc Jesus' story is stolen from heretic writting called "Infancy Gospel of Thomas" party and from "Gospel of Barnabas" party. Neither one of these two false gospels match Quranic Jesus fully because part was copied from one and part was copied from anther and all religious schalars ( Judaic, Islamic or Christian) agreed that these two false gospels were fabricated in later centuries just before Islam came to be.
That's right jolly foreigner....
When did you give up monkey worshipping and switch to naked man worship?

Don't use the Quran...
Now find me some evidence for your BJ!

Can you produce any historical evidence of repute.
Many historians should have heard about this GREAT miracle working mangod!
But not a sausage is written by any decent historian.
No artifacts have been found either!
The convenient excuse is to say he went up to daddy!
Thanks to Shamma I will not rely on Quran when it comes to BJ.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193020 Oct 21, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>
Id they did not sent any hatespeeches like 'kill the kaffirs' or 'kaffirs are inferior and therefore its worth taking their houses away fro them', I do not think it matter a bit to the Christians whoo wrote those letter, Paul or Federal Express or UPS.
LOL...I like your stupidity...it really doesn't matter who wrote it...as long as it keeps you believing that a naked man is god..lol!!
Have you read the OT?
Do you think it is your holy book too instead of monkey book?
Why did BJ tell you to pluck your eyes out?
Why do you say he didn't mean it?????// LOL!
Why did he tell you to hate parents?
Will you say, he didnt mean it?
LOL..
I know ALL about the books you fool.
I am playing here making a fool out of you..
Why did BJ tell pals to buy swords?
Alex WM

London, UK

#193021 Oct 21, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>
Id they did not sent any hatespeeches like 'kill the kaffirs' or 'kaffirs are inferior and therefore its worth taking their houses away fro them', I do not think it matter a bit to the Christians whoo wrote those letter, Paul or Federal Express or UPS.
Are you quoting your OT?
lol...
God will kill the Egyptian children to show that he puts "a difference between the Egyptians and Israel." Exodus 11:7

Do not allow others to worship a different god. Conquer them and destroy their religious property. Ex 23:24

God promises to "send his fear before the Israelites" and to kill everyone that they encounter when they enter the promised land. Ex 23:27

Those who break the Sabbath are to be executed. Ex 31:14
Alex WM

London, UK

#193022 Oct 21, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>
pedo - Muhammad who killed and raped for peso
little girl - Aisha
bloodthristy - Muhammad and his followers
one-eyes - Alex WM's mother.
such - Muhammad sucks Alex WM
pedo..? naughty daddy/ghosty came in the middle of the night to rape a little girl while her ELDERLY fiance was fast asleep.
bloodthirsty....? that is you when you take communion in your PAGAN cannibalistic act post PAGAN human sacrifice....just because the "one-eyed" naked pagan satan seduced you to chew off his raw meat and suck of his fresh juices including blood so that YOU, the foreigner, can have ETERNAL life IN HELL.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193023 Oct 21, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect you to understand these, but hey...who cares!

Yet today, there are few Biblical scholars-- from liberal skeptics to conservative evangelicals- who believe that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John actually wrote the Gospels. Nowhere do the writers of the texts identify themselves by name or claim unambiguously to have known or traveled with Jesus.

-Jeffery L. Sheler, "The Four Gospels,"

Once written, many experts believe, the Gospels were redacted, or edited, repeatedly as they were copied and circulated among church elders during the last first and early second centuries.

Alex WM

London, UK

#193024 Oct 21, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>
foot also knows that "word" means "message", means "kalam" which means "power" because God's Word is God's Power and God'd Power is God. Since Gid is incoporeal God'd Power and existiance of God is one and the same think. Human come to know God through His Power otherwise His presence is not felt and known whatsoever.
i read each religion in context, unlike you.
Good boy!
Now bring BJ and prove to me he is god!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#193025 Oct 21, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma you are thick.
I asked you MANY times....
What was the religion of Adam?
What was the religion of Noah?
What was the religion of Abraham?
What was the religion of Isaac?
What was the religion of Jacob?
What was the religion of the 12 Children of Jacob including Judah?
What was the religion of Moses?
What was the religion of Jesus?
After the arrival of Jesus, if a Monotheist accepted Jesus as a Messenger of God but NOT God, then he/she was a Muslim OF THAT TIME in our view.
Such a person is NOT a Christian because you "know" that Jesus is God! You believe that God came as a man to save you. I don't.
By definition...Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses were neither Christian nor Jewish.
Muslim is a simple definition of a person who submits his/her will to the Lord God who is not a man and is unlike any of creation.
I am sure you can work the rest out.
What you say is all an opinion Alex.

But they were not Muslims Alex.
They were Jews!
The Jews claimed Abraham is the father of the Jewish religion
thousands of years before Muhammad was born.

The Jewish Holy Scriptures were written by Jewish prophets giving an account of God from the beginning of creation.

The Jews didn't submit to God Alex they were chosen by God to be Gods chosen people.

You are confused Alex!

Submitting to Allah and his messenger Muhammad does not mean one is submitting to God Alex, it only mean one is submitting to accept Muhammad as their prophet of Muhammad's religion of Islam and becoming a Muslim.
Being called Muslim just Means one is a follower of Muhammad and accepting Muhammad's teaching of God.

The difference of being called a Christian from being called a Muslim is that Christians being followers of Jesus are taught by God of God.
Christians accept the Bible teaching by Jesus as Jesus being the Son of God, meaning Jesus is God come in the flesh and teaching us about Gods love for us.

1 John 4:19

English Standard Version (ESV)

19 We love because he first loved us.

God loved us first before we lobed God.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#193027 Oct 21, 2013
I'll be back to deal with all other matters.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#193028 Oct 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
I have already said that the so-called Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit does not exist at all

The only thing that this so-called Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit did was to make a few people blabber or babble.
I'm curious as to how a NON-EXISTENT "Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit" can "make a few people blabber or babble."

How is it that you can't even follow your own train of thought? In short, you make no sense at all.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#193029 Oct 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
What is more important - transcendence or transformation?
Transcending what? Transforming into what?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#193030 Oct 21, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect you to understand these, but hey...who cares!
Yet today, there are few Biblical scholars-- from liberal skeptics to conservative evangelicals- who believe that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John actually wrote the Gospels. Nowhere do the writers of the texts identify themselves by name or claim unambiguously to have known or traveled with Jesus.
Once written, many experts believe, the Gospels were redacted, or edited, repeatedly as they were copied and circulated among church elders during the last first and early second centuries.
Ex-Lax,

I dare you to follow your logic to its natural conclusion. Admit that if Jesus didn't exist, then your "prophet" Mohammad was both deceived and deceiving.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193031 Oct 21, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Ex-Lax,
I dare you to follow your logic to its natural conclusion.
Ummm, he can't do that, so don't even bother to ask. So just accept him for what he is or else you will be the bad guy. That's what others do. Don't ask most people here to explain themselves or else you will be the nasty bad guy, by the time they are done flipping the tables and re-spinning it. You are supposed to just accept that people are not required to use solid logic and reasoning. That's just the way it works here.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193032 Oct 21, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
They had no time to worry about it, since the romans killed them all off.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_the_Tal...
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes you wonder why they keep repeating the same silly propaganda about jews prosecuting christians.
Mind before there were any!
They just didn't have the "name" of Christian yet, that was later coined by the Romans as they too persecuted them before actually, eventually embracing the religion
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Or what that socalled made of jewish people early church was all about!
Just because Paul worked for the romans and prosecuted jews does not mean christians were prosecuted by jews.
Where is the proof and added sources?
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Jewish_persecuti...

And BTW, the referenced sources are at the bottom of each of these links. If you don't agree with the historical validity of the references, so be it. But if so, why should anybody agree with your references? Anybody can play these games.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193033 Oct 21, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am inclined to agree with a lot of what you say, Maat.
You always are, as long as he says what you find to be pleasing. You don't have one single objective bone in your body. You don't even know what the word means.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193034 Oct 21, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
As in logical. Yes.
Okay, if YOU say so. LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193035 Oct 21, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no need to prove anything because he was just human being who came for his people.
You asked for proof that he even existed. If you meant the Biblical version, then you need to write more clearly, because that is not what you said. Do we have to revisit what you actually wrote? It's not my fault that you write the way you do.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193036 Oct 21, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Apology accepted.
Here is a link on Semen with 96% water....(just a silly thought...if a chap is blind drunk...his semen could be 96% alcohol and inflammable..lol)..
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about...
LOL!!! What you don't even realize is that for you to even know about this article displays your bizarre obsession for sperm and penis. I would have never been able to find that because I never would have even looked for it. LOL!! Amazing.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
/how-improve-the-taste-semen
However, if you are struggling to survive and don’t have enough water handy, your ability to ejaculate is going to drop significantly, as water comprises about 96% of semen!!!
And it gets even more amazing !!! LOL!!!
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.thesandb.com/opinion/ask-shic-subs...
Seeker, time to remove a few scales from your eyes.
Oh, I think you are right. You need to contact Webster's dictionary and demand that they add the word semen on to the list of synonyms that they display underneath the definition for water. They need to think like you do. LOL!!!
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Gospels were written by people who never met Jesus and they were quite ignorant and sex starved.
Hmmm..., takes one to know one, eh? LOL!!! Takes one to interpret those verses that way.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
They created BJ who was offering living tadpole water to the lonely woman.
Clearly the whole thing makes no spiritual sense...
LOL!!!! It makes me howl to hear you even mention the term "spiritual sense". I'm surprise you even knew how to spell it, let alone understand it. I didn't know that they taught about deeper concepts like that in the 5th grade. Boy, If guess that British education system is even better than I thought. LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193037 Oct 21, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you before to read up.
We can't go and do all discussions again because you can't keep up.
Satan is primarily understood as an "accuser" or "adversary" in the Hebrew Bible, and is not necessarily the personification of evil that he would become in later Abrahamic religions.
You criticized the NT for presenting him as a person, didn't you? Personification and person do not mean the same things in the context we are speaking of, or even in many other contexts.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193038 Oct 21, 2013
MAAT, just so we don't have to play another evasive tap dance. Here is exactly what you said that caused me to provide a link in response.

"But why bring in satan as a person...that's like centuries after early 1 st century BC."

So you say person, but suddenly it changes to personification later on, and then I am the person who is painted as confused. So you say that I am not keeping up, when in fact you cannot keep up with what you even say or the choice of your words. But that's okay, there will be yet another diversion and excuse to explain the error and I will be the person painted as the one not comprehending and it will be my fault. It get it. LOL!!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#193039 Oct 21, 2013
MAAT wrote:
quotee:
Seeker wrote:

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said,“if you will bow down and worship me.”
10 Jesus said to him,“Away from me, Satan! For it is written:‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’

BMZ:
Jesus was saying that one should not worship earthly things but God only. He said many things such as this such as to gain the world and lose your soul.
This is where Christianity gets nailed by Jesus.That is the end of Jesus' story!
Why don't Christians follow his clear statement?

---
MAAT: I still have to read back, but did Seeker realise what the wrote?
But why bring in satan as a person...that's like centuries after early 1 st century BC.

It's not logical.

So why do christians pretend it is.

Why do they not revert to the greek tekst (Westcott & Hort) to at least weed out the worst contradictions.
Indeed!

It is definitely not logical at all.

In his encounter with Satan, Jesus gave the clearest message right before starting to preach. In fact, it was Satan, whom Jesus preached first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... May 23 Dragnet52 5
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) May 21 Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead May 19 New Perspective 1
News POLL: Americans Turning Away from Religion May 15 Bible boy 1
News Carl Sagan as prophet of neo-Pagan Atheism May 12 geezerjock 1
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) May 11 garnetten 502
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) May 8 Over and Done 27
More from around the web