Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252785 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#191809 Oct 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
What does this mean?

7 I will tell of the decree: the LORD said unto me:'Thou art My son, this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give the nations for thine inheritance, and the ends of the earth for thy possession.

How could anything be the possession of anyone but God himself? And this is what they use to extrapolate the discrepancy. Again, how could anybody inherit anything of possession? And yet there it is in the Jewish version itself.
Good question.

Psalm 2:7 shows that the LORD loved David and took him as a son just as a man loves his son.

Looking through the lens of Semitic languages, "This day I have begotten thee" means "Today, I have taken you as a son". God did not beget David, when David was already a grown up man.

Also, David was unknown and unheard of as a child.

In 2:8 God tells David to ask anything, be it nations or possession of all the earth.

However, I do not see David asking for that. His kingdom was only within the boundaries of Israel. The entire earth and nations were not under David and neither the entire earth was in his possession.

Psalm 2 is actually a warning to the rulers, judges and kings to fear God Almighty and wants them to be fair and to rule justly.

Off to bed now.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#191810 Oct 12, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, bro!
He could have said this about Moses after he parted the sea:
“Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Moses was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know".
Game set and match to Moses!
So it would be about the phrase: a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him

and who coined it as formula?

Question to Alex and BMZ.
Since i'm derailed into old koine and old byzantian latin.
And i only know of koine or the greeks having this short/abbreviation for an expression about believing what the eye can see, connected to the meek of mind.
And that a lot had to do with this.
And the other around logos or a believe-system that required a lot of religion and miracles a.s.o.(forgot the term page 9012 thereabouts, dzu dzuede or some such non-logos but made theology gospel like believe)
Alex WM

London, UK

#191811 Oct 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Did MAAT agree that Jesus was offering semen? Simple question that I know you will never answer. So why don't you just shut up since we both know you will not answer that? Step out of the way.
It is NOT fair to expect Maat to comment on something that concerns a misguided fool like you and an expert like me.
Maat clarified something about women's modesty/custom...they don't chat up strange men on their own.
BJ offered semen you fool.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191812 Oct 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Did MAAT agree that Jesus was offering semen? Simple question that I know you will never answer. So why don't you just shut up since we both know you will not answer that? Step out of the way.
I know you keep saying shut up.
It is very tempting to tell you to STFU but why should I?
I would rather you make a complete prat of yourself here!
LOL....
Alex WM

London, UK

#191813 Oct 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lost Matt because Hebrew was mixed with other languages that the people of that era spoke....
Good lord above!
Shamma speaks Hebrew too? LOL
This is the problem with these fanatics!
They know nothing about the language, traditions, customs and life in the Middle East.
They continue to look stupid trying to turn Jesus into a Western Business Entrepreneur!!
LOL

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191814 Oct 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that Muhammad gave sole importance to God Almighty.
Qur'aan: "If you love Allah, then follow me and Allah will forgive you your sins.........."
And Jesus said, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."
See, Jesus put himself before God. Conditional offer of self importance.
If a person does not love and obey Jesus, one is doomed. The Father will not love that person and both will not come.
You falsify the teachings of the Quran with your own home grown version of it!

You don't understand that because you reject Jesus being God.
Jesus and the Father are One in the same God.
Jesus is God in human form.

Location hidden

#191815 Oct 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lost Matt because Hebrew was mixed with other languages that the people of that era spoke.
The Hebrew of this verse (nashku var) has been debated for over 2000 years. On a translation level, it is difficult to know for sure how to most accurately render this phrase. Is it pure Biblical Hebrew, or is it laced with Aramaic? If its early Hebrew, then it should likely be translated “show sincere homage” or “worship purely”, but if its an Aramaicly-influenced Hebrew then likely it should be translated “kiss” or “pay homage to the son”. This is just one of those passages that’s hard to translate with certainty. I’ve pasted many of the translations below, including the Septuagint (LXX), the Vulgate, and Origen’s. Whether it should be translated as “kiss the son” or “show sincere homage” is irrelevant to the meaning of the psalm though, since the one to whom homage is paid is that messianic figure described as “son”(v.7),“king”(v.6), and “anointed one”(v.2). The point is that we are to embrace him and take refuge in him. On an interpretive level, we believe that the anointed one/king/son mentioned here is manifested in the person of Yeshua (Jesus) of Nazareth, whom we embrace as Messiah, King, and Son of God.
Except that it would be about that other messiah...just a detail.
And it does make a difference if we would suddenly have a son of god that would take gods place. Psalms are usually connected to the torah verses. So no son of god there then also not in the psalms...or at least not as some sort of godson of Zeus f.i.

But kiss in hebrew would be a reciprocal verb, or show the intent of a Mutual act.
So what you give comes back, be it love or be it hommage or be it anger.
Both love (mitzvah) and wrath(din) part of g-ds blessing. Law to learn from and it's consequences, independent from being done because of a positive obligation - or expecting something positive- or from a punishment - or to avoid or incur punishment as a test of self or of g-d- etc.
But here it would be of being a servant to g-d, land and people and temple/tent in a oiled-to king or oiled- to priest role.

Interesting what you wrote/quoted on wisdom.

Location hidden

#191816 Oct 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
That first part would be god as Heraclitus 600 BC LOGOS-fundamental force.
The queston is why all the distinctions in the greek tekst are made.
And mind, they do have discrete meaning.
Matthew could have let the dreammessenger gabriel state that Miriam was carrying the next one in a line of generations (matthew appeared to have used the twin of Zachariah here as template...son of joseph and son of David) instead of stating PNEUMATON -spirits hagai infested her stomach. Yep colourfull language.
Davids generation died out according to the hebrew book.
So again a mayor difference in tekst and a reason to forbid judaism.
The story of the well:
PNEUMATI spirit as a noun
Well how does a living person become a spirit?
Or is it a religion for the dead?
Well churchfathers can't have meant that, but otherwise you might think that Jesus stated that the living of this generation are not fit. Only the forefathers had what it took.
But let's not forget that he was talking to the Samaritan woman, so it might have been another slur!
Because God is reincarnated as another God.
Incarnated means The Spirit of God took on human flesh and did not change the nature of God.
God is the same to day as he was from the beginning.

You are illiterate in understanding God.
From your own illiteracy you create all types of Gods.

Location hidden

#191817 Oct 12, 2013
Correction-Because God is not reincarnated as another God.
Incarnated means The Spirit of God took on human flesh and did not change the nature of God.
God is the same to day as he was from the beginning.

You are illiterate in understanding God.
From your own illiteracy you create all types of Gods.

Location hidden

#191818 Oct 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question.
Psalm 2:7 shows that the LORD loved David and took him as a son just as a man loves his son.
Looking through the lens of Semitic languages, "This day I have begotten thee" means "Today, I have taken you as a son". God did not beget David, when David was already a grown up man.
Also, David was unknown and unheard of as a child.
In 2:8 God tells David to ask anything, be it nations or possession of all the earth.
However, I do not see David asking for that. His kingdom was only within the boundaries of Israel. The entire earth and nations were not under David and neither the entire earth was in his possession.
Psalm 2 is actually a warning to the rulers, judges and kings to fear God Almighty and wants them to be fair and to rule justly.
Off to bed now.
Ah clear language.
Adoption indeed.=beget

Well when david came on the scene a whole lot of treaties had allready been made. BAAL-unity treaty.
It's not just one testament but allsorts of tribes making marriages an closing pacts. The torah and tanakh being witness of that. Three different kinds of law-systems vigorating.
Which might explain why it had such a long life!
It's not just some booklet about how to become or create (a) god.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191819 Oct 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
According to which verses? Come on big mouth, bring your substantiate from the actual scriptures to back up your claim. But you never will because you KNOW that you have no substantiation.
<quoted text>
What verses tell you that? Come on big mouth, produce them.
<quoted text>
What would I read up on that when there is nothing to read up on about his years between 12 and 30? What an absolutely retarded question that was, and you didn't even know that, which is yet further embarrassment to you.
<quoted text>
WOW!!. Just keep embarrassing yourself. I know that you don't have the mental capacity to realize that you are, but trust me, others, even fellow Muslims do, but they are under a rule that says that no matter whether you are a blithering azz or not, twhy are not allowed to correct you in front of the kafir.
I can't even entertain the rest of your unfounded nonsense as it might be one of the worst, psychotic posts I have ever seen. It's simply incredible. My my my, what a shining example of a Muslim you are. The PERFECT stereotype of the irrational, psychopaths that western people think that Muslims are. Thank you.
Keep your hair on little boy.
Don't have a coronary, yet!

BJ wanted a blow job because he was hungry, thirsty and horny.
It is obvious to those in the know.
How many women had 5 husbands you fool?
He was indeed insulting the poor woman.
Why? He wanted to play with her.
He wasn't sure if a man was around who would beat him up...
So he tries it on....
Many people wanted to beat of BJ and he was almost ALWAYS in hiding for being a naughty boy.
BJ was in the habit of chatting up weak and vulnerable women and he was not married.
You fool....produce me his life history and let's see what he did!
You can't produce anything at all for more than 30 years, you dumbo.
BJ wanted a blow job but his mates didn't get it.
Now go away.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191820 Oct 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't work this one out yet?
BJ CHATS UP A SAMARITAN WOMAN...
"Deep well"......Now that is clearly the woman's deep "honey tunnel".
She is trying to tell BJ that Jews and Gentiles were NOT allowed to have sex.
WHY did the disciples go without even having a drop of water after the SAME long journey as the selfish sex mad BJ?
6 ...BJ, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon....(the disciples were not tired?)
7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her,“Will you give me a drink?”(nudge nudge winkl wink...)
8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food!!!!)GOOD EXCUSE!
9 The Samaritan woman said to him,“You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me to have sex or even taste me?”(For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.
10 BJ answered her,“If you knew..who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you his "living [tadpole] water©”!
11 “Sir,” the woman said,“you have a circumcised little one and my one isdeep. Where can you get this "living [tadpole] water©” with such a small pump?
13 BJ answered,“Everyone who drinks your juices will be thirsty again,
14 but whoever drinks my living [tadpole] water©” will never thirst. Indeed, my living [tadpole] water©”the water will become IN them a spring of water welling up with juices leading to ecstasy.”
15 The woman said to him,“Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”
16 He told her,“Go, call your husband and come back.”
17 “I have no husband,” she replied.
Jesus said to her,“You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”
27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked,“What do you want?” or “Why are you talking with her?”

Location hidden

#191821 Oct 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that it would be about that other messiah...just a detail.
And it does make a difference if we would suddenly have a son of god that would take gods place. Psalms are usually connected to the torah verses. So no son of god there then also not in the psalms...or at least not as some sort of godson of Zeus f.i.
But kiss in hebrew would be a reciprocal verb, or show the intent of a Mutual act.
So what you give comes back, be it love or be it hommage or be it anger.
Both love (mitzvah) and wrath(din) part of g-ds blessing. Law to learn from and it's consequences, independent from being done because of a positive obligation - or expecting something positive- or from a punishment - or to avoid or incur punishment as a test of self or of g-d- etc.
But here it would be of being a servant to g-d, land and people and temple/tent in a oiled-to king or oiled- to priest role.
Interesting what you wrote/quoted on wisdom.
The point you missed is that not all Jews spoke pure Hebrew at the tome f Jesus.
So there is slight difference in interpretation of the same word meaning of a pure Hebrew word.

In order to truly understand the NT Scriptures you have to accept that the writers all came to the same conclusion that Jesus is the Son of God, meaning God is come in the human flesh.
That was their core belief and that is why they allowed them self to be martyred for their belief.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191822 Oct 12, 2013
Correction....

6 ...BJ, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon....(the disciples were not tired?)
7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, BJ said to her,“Will you give me a drink?”(nudge nudge winkl wink...)

9 The Samaritan woman said to him,“You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me to have sex or even taste me?”(For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.

10 BJ answered her,“If you knew..who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you his "living [tadpole] water©”!

11 “Sir,” the woman said,“you have a circumcised little one and my one isdeep. Where can you get this "living [tadpole] water©” with such a small pump?

14 but whoever drinks my living [tadpole] water©” will never thirst. Indeed, my living [tadpole] water©”the water will become IN them a spring of water welling up with juices leading to ecstasy.”

15 The woman said to him,“Sir, give me living [tadpole] water©” as I am gagging for it now so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to sell my juices to others.”

16 He told her,“Is your husband home because he might beat me up while we exchange tadpole water?.”

17 “I have no husband, don't be scared” she replied.
BJ knows the routine having just escaped from the Pharisees.. said to her,“Errrmmm…I made a mistake by trying it on..but I knew that!!....(lol..)You are right when you say you have no husband with you righ tnow.

18 But you are a tart who has had five husbands, and the man you now have is not even your husband but your keep. Errrr….but I knew what you have just said is quite true…..so we are safe to play!!!”

27 Just then his disciples returned and were not surprised to find him playing with a woman and no one asked,“What do you want?” or “Why are you playing with her?” or “can we have a go at her”

They were annoyed that they were chased off to buy “nothing” while BJ had a bit of fun!

Location hidden

#191823 Oct 12, 2013
http://biblehub.com/parallel/psalms/2-1.htm
2K ...who will take jerusalem out of my hand...

just read on to see the paralel verse

And to thus understand psalms context better.
Israëls g-d had a house in a tent first and later in Jerusalem. This was the deal, therefore their g-d and 'his' people.
So losing that, or the chance of that, is important would you not say!
---
I'm going to relax and sleep.

Nashku var for a later day.

Location hidden

#191824 Oct 12, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT God Alex. I am simply Alex.
Anyway....
It is VERY simple Shamma.
Do Muslims believe in Jesus as a Messenger of G-d? Yes.
Do the followers of Judaism believe in him? No.
Therefore, the people who believed in Jesus as a messenger of G-d, can be called Muslims who were Jewish by race and why not?
The followers of Judaism have a right to or not believe in Jesus for reasons they best know.
I already asked you these questions and you have yet to give simple direct answers.
What was the religion of Adam?
What was the religion of Noah?
What was the religion of Abraham?
What was the religion of Ishmael?
What was the religion of Isaac?
What was the religion of Jacob?
What was the religion of the 12 children of Jacob?
What was the religion of Moses?
What was the religion of Jesus?
Your response is a falsehood Alex.

The writers of the NT were never Muslims and remained Jews till their death.

The word Muslim did not come into existence until Muhammad proclaimed his followers to be called Muslims.

So the Quran IS A COMPLETE FALSEHOOD ALEX.
MUSLIMS LIARS AND ARE EVIL WILD SAVAGE DOGS.

The sole purpose of Muslims is to MURDER THOSE THAT WORSHIP GOD.

Location hidden

#191825 Oct 12, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
Correction....
7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, BJ said to her,“Will you give me a drink?”(nudge nudge winkl wink...)
15 The woman said to him,“Sir, give me living [tadpole] water©” as I am gagging for it now so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to sell my juices to others.”
16 He told her,“Is your husband home because he might beat me up while we exchange tadpole water?.”
17 “I have no husband, don't be scared” she replied.
BJ knows the routine having just escaped from the Pharisees.. said to her,“Errrmmm…I made a mistake by trying it on..but I knew that!!....(lol..)You are right when you say you have no husband with you righ tnow.
18 But you are a tart who has had five husbands, and the man you now have is not even your husband but your keep. Errrr….but I knew what you have just said is quite true…..so we are safe to play!!!”
27 Just then his disciples returned and were not surprised to find him playing with a woman and no one asked,“What do you want?” or “Why are you playing with her?” or “can we have a go at her”
They were annoyed that they were chased off to buy “nothing” while BJ had a bit of fun!
Your sole purpose on this thread Alex is to stop people from worshiping God.

You sold your soul to the devil Alex!

Location hidden

#191826 Oct 12, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't work this one out yet?
BJ CHATS UP A SAMARITAN WOMAN...
"Deep well"......Now that is clearly the woman's deep "honey tunnel".
She is trying to tell BJ that Jews and Gentiles were NOT allowed to have sex.
WHY did the disciples go without even having a drop of water after the SAME long journey as the selfish sex mad BJ?
7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her,“Will you give me a drink?”(nudge nudge winkl wink...)
15 The woman said to him,“Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”
16 He told her,“Go, call your husband and come back.”
17 “I have no husband,” she replied.
Jesus said to her,“You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”
27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked,“What do you want?” or “Why are you talking with her?”

Location hidden

#191827 Oct 12, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your hair on little boy.
Don't have a coronary, yet!
BJ wanted a blow job because he was hungry, thirsty and horny.
It is obvious to those in the know.
How many women had 5 husbands you fool?
He was indeed insulting the poor woman.
Why? He wanted to play with her.
He wasn't sure if a man was around who would beat him up...
So he tries it on....
Many people wanted to beat of BJ and he was almost ALWAYS in hiding for being a naughty boy.
BJ was in the habit of chatting up weak and vulnerable women and he was not married.
You fool....produce me his life history and let's see what he did!
You can't produce anything at all for more than 30 years, you dumbo.
BJ wanted a blow job but his mates didn't get it.
Now go away.

Alex WM

London, UK

#191828 Oct 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
My sole purpose is to worship the Lord God of Abraham.
You sold your soul to a naked Pagan Devil, Shamma.
Neither Jesus nor the Naked Pagan BJ is God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr emperorjohn 4,468
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) 20 hr yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May '16 Patrick 219
More from around the web