Who Is Allah?

There are 219890 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#191516 Oct 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus talks to me every day Alex.
And Jesus talks to you Alex but you block out His words from hearing them.
Jesus lives in your heart and mind Alex.
Jesus speaks to you through your moral conscience.
But you block out his words from your heart and mind.
Gods laws are planted in your heart and mind, and Jesus is there to remind you to void doing sinful things.
But your heart and mind is void of Gods laws so you don't hear Jesus voice speaking to you.
Please RECORD the conversation and let the world hear it!!
If you hear voices...that is NOT Jesus.
Jesus CANNOT speak English!
Jesus ran away form his own disciples.
Jesus is NOT interested in Gentiles because he was NOT sent for them.
Perhaps Paul is talking to you every night.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191517 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
He has brought a much clearer message. I am confident that peace will prevail when people leave their prejudices behind and really try to understand the message.
When you say Muhammed didn't do it...you have assumed a time limit.
I think the message is for all eternity and I also believe that the message is getting through. I suppose I am an optimist.
You will agree that Islam is not shrinking yet.
The West is quite tolerant and accommodating.
The overwhelming majority of Muslims accept this and respect the West for that.
Unfortunately the bigots will always concentrate on nutcases and the uneducated folks.
Hope peace prevails.
Muhammad's message is Anti-God.
Peace will never prevail in Islam Alex.
Your message from Muhammad is death and destruction of human life.
Following the laws of Muhammad and the Quran leads Muslims to sin against God.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191518 Oct 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
Some of the truth can be found only in non-canonical gospels.
Thus saith the LORD!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191519 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please RECORD the conversation and let the world hear it!!
If you hear voices...that is NOT Jesus.
Jesus ran away form his own disciples.
Jesus is NOT interested in Gentiles because he was NOT sent for them.
Perhaps Paul is talking to you every night.
That is because you are a child of Muhammad and not a child of God.
You sold your heart, mind and soul Muhammad.
You hear the voice of Muhammad in obeying the laws of Muhammad and the laws of the Quran.

You do not know anything about Jesus Alex.
You are a mindless talker that never takes the time to learn about Jesus.

You are only fooling yourself.
You have never taken the time to learn about the teachings of Jesus and how they affect your total life.

You are stupid in not knowing Muslims are being molded into Muhammad and not molded into the life of Jesus Christ who He alone is the giver of life eternal.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191520 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I maintain that Jesus is NOT G-d.
Those who worship him make him a sinner by continuing to worship him.
Jesus only will have some hope when the idol worshippers stop calling him God.
You are quite confused. Whether or not Jesus is "G-d," NO ONE "makes him a sinner by continuing to worship him." Surely this idiotic notion was NOT taught to you in seminary, EX-PRIEST that you claim to be.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191521 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
How do you know this?
Eric

Elk Grove Village, IL

#191522 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
He has brought a much clearer message. I am confident that peace will prevail when people leave their prejudices behind and really try to understand the message.
When you say Muhammed didn't do it...you have assumed a time limit.
I think the message is for all eternity and I also believe that the message is getting through. I suppose I am an optimist.
You will agree that Islam is not shrinking yet.
Unfortunately the bigots will always concentrate on nutcases and the uneducated folks.
Hope peace prevails.
Coulda woulda shoulda

I hope too. When it happens, it will coincide with the coming of the final prophet/messiah.
Eric

Elk Grove Village, IL

#191523 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>

This is interesting. Why isn't the Muslim world also tolerant and accommodating? Wouldn't that bring more adherents? With people like MUQ who tell people who are being killed in the Muslim world that they should move out, why would anyone want to join MUQ's belief system?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191524 Oct 10, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Coulda woulda shoulda
I hope too. When it happens, it will coincide with the coming of the final prophet/messiah.
Peace prevailing? Hmm...By what means? Will it be an infusion of "peace" vibes that overcomes all contrary vibes, like those that currently reign in Egypt or Syria or Sudan or Somalia, or any other country where Mohammad's bloodthirsty religion has been inflicted/infused?

The problem for Muslims is that they prefer Moses to Jesus, because Moses, like Mohammad, the PERFECT MODEL for them, was a murderer, for "Allah." Jesus, on the other hand, taught his disciples to turn the other cheek, or so it is alleged, not that it mattered in any case to Rome...

You may have noted that bmz of Singapore prefers the "eye for an eye" OT mandate. Hell yes!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191525 Oct 10, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
This is interesting. Why isn't the Muslim world also tolerant and accommodating? Wouldn't that bring more adherents? With people like MUQ who tell people who are being killed in the Muslim world that they should move out, why would anyone want to join MUQ's belief system?
Why would anyone want to be an orthodox Jew? Without a Temple or a functioning priesthood, what's the point?

Tell us what you think about Jesus. Please.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191526 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite all his faults...Paul did NOT say that "Jesus is God".
RICHARD the PROVEN IGNORAMUS and LIAR,

You NEVER WERE a priest.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Philippians 2:5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191527 Oct 10, 2013
Christ Jesus, who being in very nature God.

Hmm.....
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#191528 Oct 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
Yes, Rabbee, the once subtle talking critters of the fields are now lying and bull shitting openly.
I am glad that they are not grazing in your theTorah fileds.
Have a good day, Rabbee.
rabbee: what do you mean only once, after thousands and thousands of third and fourth Torot visitations again? and all are here in TheTorah from G-D, whether they deny being here in IT or not.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#191529 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clever Paul wanted Gentile punters to subscribe to his potentially profitable venture.
So he created a Gentile Christ who was diametrically opposed to the Jewish man known as Yahoshooah..Jesus who avoided the Gentile (pigs and dogs) like a plague or was it swine fever or rabies?
When will will you wake up, Gentile Shamma?
rabbee: when are you going to learn, how to spell yehoshooah? when you have never learned, how to spell Yeshooah Adam without a j.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#191530 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that normal people would worship a "one-eyed" butt naked pagan who oozes off a phallus begging you to chew his raw meat and suck off his fresh bodily juices including blood?
Nope.
rabbee: there you go, demeaning someone G-D loves with your filthy slander again. this only makes you, an enemy of G-D. you are talking about Adam here, that G-D loves here in TheTorah.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#191531 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was promoting a demon BJ.
If you had any brains you will know that Paul's vision was a cock and bull story.
He has taken worship away from G-d by introducing a tall tale.
Prophet Muhammed PBUH is promoting the LORD GOD of all creation.
You must be sick to even challenge that concept if you believe in G-d.
Islam is about PURE monotheism.
We are concerned with submitting our Will to the CREATOR instead of worshipping naked men.
rabbee: it is all new testament bs, even what somebody who wrote what the thought Paool or muhammed said. TheOnly Testament G-D actually said they are giving is called TheTorah. and everything else is new testament bs from alleged as men. the tanach, and koran and all other new testaments are from alleged as men, and not from G-D here in TheTorah. your all living in a false new testament dream, here in only TheTorah from HaShem G-D again.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#191532 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is for mankind to await a redeemer who is not sectarian or into tribalism.
The redeemer will bring ALL humans to a land of peace and harmony by treating them all equally.
God is able to do that easily because BY DEFINITION God is unbiased.
A simple Armageddon should do the job!
rabbee: all you idolaters in this world, are not waiting for any redeemer of all of mankind. cause there are no, real men left here in TheTorah from G-D.

sorry but as long as all this worlds, new testament idolatries exist in this world here in TheTorah. there shall be no peace, among all of you nobodies here in TheTorah.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#191533 Oct 10, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
G-d did that once. It was called the flood.
rabbee: and G-D is preparing, with the day of rest to do it all again. just like thousands and thousands of other third and fourth times. even those at, the tower of babel always knew this.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#191534 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think the flood was limited to one region.
I don't think that it is possible for the whole globe to be covered in water at the same time....but I may be wrong!
Did Noah include penguins and polar bears with animals from warmer climate?
Tigers...lions...and snakes...all in the boat?
oh dear.
rabbee: your not thinking of the right kind of 144,000 kosher and non-kosher talking critters of the fields. those other kinds of non-talking animal are considered easily replaceable by G-D.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#191535 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a point but I do believe that Jesus (Not BJ) and Muhammed worked very hard to promote ONE true G-d of all creation.
How people respond to the call cannot be used against the messengers. G-d even tells Muhammed something like.. "you are just the messenger...just give the message and get off!".
In addition to the followers of Jesus and Muhammed, the followers of Moses also have blood on their hands.
I believe that the messages from Moses, Jesus and Muhammed reflect differing levels of maturity/enlightenment over a period of about 5000 years.
Moses was concentrating on his folks...while Jesus was trying to correct some of his wayward folks and Muhammed reached out to all humanity.
rabbee: well you do not seem to be doing very hard, to promote TheG-D of Only TheTorah here in TheTorah either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) 17 hr Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead Tue New Perspective 1
News POLL: Americans Turning Away from Religion May 15 Bible boy 1
News Carl Sagan as prophet of neo-Pagan Atheism May 12 geezerjock 1
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) May 11 garnetten 502
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) May 8 Over and Done 27
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May 8 DebraE 14,659
More from around the web