Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191569 Oct 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not God, Shamma. That is a lie told over 14 centuries. There is only one LORD Almighty God and Jesus was just an obedient slave or servant of God.
Paul never preached that Jesus was God.
If he had preached that, there would have been no quarrels among the tribal bishops and a pagan emperor would not have called all the fools for a meeting at Nicaea.
Paul considered him a man, not a deity.
You are either as willfully blind as your BFF Alex, or you deny that Paul wrote Philippians and its line, "Christ Jesus, who being in very nature God."

See: http://search.yahoo.com/search...

Not that it really matters who authored or co-authored this early letter that is attributed to Paul. What matters is whether or not its message about Jesus is true, and no, the Qur'an, that cobbled together hack job of plagiarized and mangled texts that Caliph Uthman compiled some 6 centuries later -while also burning the variants that just didn't seem kosher to him- is not a reliable measuring stick of anything, not even of itself, for all of its internal and external contradictions.

See: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/contr...

Give me some of that old-time abrogated and abrogating religion!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191570 Oct 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ Shamma
Read Isaiah 45 line by line and you will know what the true God, the LORD Almighty declared himself in all integrity.
Isaiah 45 debunks and demolishes all lies spread by the Church.
ALLAH REPLACED JESUS AS THE FORGIVER OF SINS WITH MUHAMMAD!
Making Muhammad a God along with Allah as Allah's partner!

Muhammad as the Mediator of Redemption and Forgiveness
How Islamic Religion Turned Muslims into Idolaters and Necromancers

According to the Quran forgiveness of sins is based on Muhammad’s mediation:

We sent no messenger save that he should be obeyed by Allah's leave. And if, when they had wronged themselves, THEY HAD BUT COME UNTO THEE and asked forgiveness of Allah, AND ASKED FORGIVENESS OF THE MESSENGER, they would have found Allah Forgiving, Merciful. S. 4:64 Pickthall

Another version reads:

We sent no Messenger, but to be obeyed by Allah's Leave. If they (hypocrites), when they had been unjust to themselves, HAD COME TO YOU (Muhammad SAW) and begged Allah's Forgiveness, and the Messenger had begged forgiveness for them: indeed, they would have found Allah All-Forgiving (One Who accepts repentance), Most Merciful. Hilali-Khan

This makes approaching Muhammad synonymous with invoking Allah. As renowned Sunni exegete Ibn Kathir put it:

<If they (hypocrites), when they had been unjust to themselves,> directs the sinners and evildoers, when they commit errors and mistakes, to come to the Messenger, so that they ask Allah for forgiveness IN HIS PRESENCE and ask him to supplicate to Allah to forgive them. If they do this, Allah will forgive them and award them His mercy and pardon. This is why Allah said…

<they would have found Allah All-Forgiving (One Who forgives and accepts repentance), Most Merciful>.(Tafsir Ibn Kathir; source; capital and underline emphasis ours)

According to Ibn Kathir, Q. 4:64 is clearly making it incumbent on the Muslims to come to Muhammad in order to obtain forgiveness, with the implication being that if they did not come to him they would not be forgiven. With this in mind is it any wonder that Pickthall rendered the Arabic to mean that the people had to come and ask Muhammad to forgive their sins since this is basically what they had to do? To put it another way, why didn’t these Muslims simply confess their sins to Allah without having to go to Muhammad if he wasn’t somehow involved in assuring that their sins would be forgiven?

The answer? Because coming before Muhammad is going to or standing before Allah since Allah decided to make his forgiveness dependent on Islam’s prophet.

What this basically means is that Muhammad is Allah’s partner since he shares in his deity’s prerogatives such as to forgive sins, which is explicitly and clearly a divine function:
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191571 Oct 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was an extremely religious and pragmatic Jew whose message was perverted by his followers after his death.
Interesting take.

Was Jesus crucified?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191572 Oct 11, 2013
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Isaiah 45

“This is what the Lord says to his anointed,
to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of
to subdue nations before him
and to strip kings of their armor,
to open doors before him
so that gates will not be shut:
2 I will go before you
and will level the mountains[a];
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
3 I will give you hidden treasures,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
4 For the sake of Jacob my servant,
of Israel my chosen,
I summon you by name
and bestow on you a title of honor,
though you do not acknowledge me.
5 I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
6 so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other.
7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

8 “You heavens above, rain down my righteousness;
let the clouds shower it down.
Let the earth open wide,
let salvation spring up,
let righteousness flourish with it;
I, the Lord, have created it.

9 “Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker,
those who are nothing but potsherds
among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter,
‘What are you making?’
Does your work say,
‘The potter has no hands’?
10 Woe to the one who says to a father,
‘What have you begotten?’
or to a mother,
‘What have you brought to birth?’

11 “This is what the Lord says—
the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker:
Concerning things to come,
do you question me about my children,
or give me orders about the work of my hands?
12 It is I who made the earth
and created mankind on it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts.
13 I will raise up Cyrus[b] in my righteousness:
I will make all his ways straight.
He will rebuild my city
and set my exiles free,
but not for a price or reward,
says the Lord Almighty.”

14 This is what the Lord says:

“The products of Egypt and the merchandise of Cush,[c]
and those tall Sabeans—
they will come over to you
and will be yours;
they will trudge behind you,
coming over to you in chains.
They will bow down before you
and plead with you, saying,
‘Surely God is with you, and there is no other;
there is no other god.’”
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191573 Oct 11, 2013
Cont.

15 Truly you are a God who has been hiding himself,
the God and Savior of Israel.
16 All the makers of idols will be put to shame and disgraced;
they will go off into disgrace together.
17 But Israel will be saved by the Lord
with an everlasting salvation;
you will never be put to shame or disgraced,
to ages everlasting.

18 For this is what the Lord says—
he who created the heavens,
he is God;
he who fashioned and made the earth,
he founded it;
he did not create it to be empty,
but formed it to be inhabited—
he says:
“I am the Lord,
and there is no other.
19 I have not spoken in secret,
from somewhere in a land of darkness;
I have not said to Jacob’s descendants,
‘Seek me in vain.’
I, the Lord, speak the truth;
I declare what is right.

20 “Gather together and come;
assemble, you fugitives from the nations.
Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood,
who pray to gods that cannot save.
21 Declare what is to be, present it—
let them take counsel together.
Who foretold this long ago,
who declared it from the distant past?
Was it not I, the Lord?
And there is no God apart from me,
a righteous God and a Savior;
there is none but me.

22 “Turn to me and be saved,
all you ends of the earth;
for I am God, and there is no other.
23 By myself I have sworn,
my mouth has uttered in all integrity
a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow;
by me every tongue will swear.
24 They will say of me,‘In the Lord alone
are deliverance and strength.’”
All who have raged against him
will come to him and be put to shame.
25 But all the descendants of Israel
will find deliverance in the Lord
and will make their boast in him.

Footnotes:

Isaiah 45:2 Dead Sea Scrolls and Septuagint; the meaning of the word in the Masoretic Text is uncertain.
Isaiah 45:13 Hebrew him
Isaiah 45:14 That is, the upper Nile region

Location hidden

#191574 Oct 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ Shamma
Read Isaiah 45 line by line and you will know what the true God, the LORD Almighty declared himself in all integrity.
Isaiah 45 debunks and demolishes all lies spread by the Church.
Your Muslim mind is filled with insanity!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#191575 Oct 11, 2013
the profit wrote:
I don't have much time to be posting here as I have a contract assignment and will be busy.
Congratulations and my best wishes and I wish you success.

I have three major contracts and I can still manage to write here and so can you.

I have enjoyed exchanges with you, so please keep writing whenever you can.

I still have a soft spot for you in my heart.

Take care, mate

BMZ
bmz

Location hidden

#191576 Oct 11, 2013
@ Buford

Thanks a million for quoting Isaiah 45 in full.

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Location hidden

#191577 Oct 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your Muslim mind is filled with insanity!
I wish you get a job, where the employer allows you only 5-6 hours of sleep. Amen
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#191578 Oct 11, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Jesus as sorcerer/witch. What does this mean, exactly?
Buford--Jesus as sorcerer/witch. What does this mean, exactly?

HughBe--- It means that the medication is completely out of the poster's system and it is time for another dose.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#191579 Oct 11, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting take.
Was Jesus crucified?
Eric--Jesus was an extremely religious and pragmatic Jew whose message was PERVERTED by his followers after his death.

Buford--Interesting take. Was Jesus crucified?

HughBe---My understanding of Eric's words is that Paul and his fellow PHARISEES were NOT PRAGMATIC JEWS. I note that the Jewish encyclopedia said that the offspring of the PHARISEES meaning rabbis RECONSTRUCTED the WHOLE (ENTIRE)HISTORY of Judaism. In essence the Jewish encyclopedia is acknowledging that rabbis have a manner of rewriting history. Eric is now pointing out that such a NASTY way existed at least from the 1st century and he did this with his PERVERTED accusation, if you know what I mean.

In essence, Eric is accusing JEWS of DISHONESTY via their PERVERSION of the scriptures. Why such an anti-Semitic position by Eric? It is malicious because he cannot prove his antisemitic words.

For those who don't know those Jews who wrote the New Testament and who the Jewish claimant Eric accuses of DISHONESTY are:

Paul( the Pharisee), Peter, John, Matthew, Mark, James and I with good reason include Luke. So ALL the people who PERVERTED the scriptures were JEWS and it was JEWS who taught others the PERVERTED scriptures.

Jewish Encyclopedia: " the WHOLE history of Judaism was RECONSTRUCTED from the Pharisaic point of view"

RECONSTRUCTED? How? REWRITING, CHANGING etc.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191580 Oct 11, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting take.
Was Jesus crucified?
I don't know. I wasn't there.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191581 Oct 11, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was perverted later, then why did the Jews want him killed? You have zero basis for your assessment and in fact, it is even contradictory. How could a Jew ever say something like what you just said? Nothing against Jews, it's just completely contradictory and self convicting for a Jew to say that. It means they had someone killed who didn't deserve it. That's actually what you just said whether you realized it or not. You would be much better off saying that he was a lousy Jew and tried to lead the Jews astray, and you could possibly even use the teachings of the NT to make your case.
So, if he shouldn't have been killed by modern standards for exercising freedom of speech, he shouldn't have been killed by modern standards for exercising freedom of speech. Much of his teachings were classic Judaism and one might add that much of his teachings have been adopted by the Reform Jews of which I am a member.

He wasn't, however, the Son of G-d or the Messiah. He didn't fulfill the prophesies. He followers after his death perverted his message.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191582 Oct 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
For those who don't know those Jews who wrote the New Testament and who the Jewish claimant Eric accuses of DISHONESTY are:
Paul( the Pharisee), Peter, John, Matthew, Mark, James and I with good reason include Luke. So ALL the people who PERVERTED the scriptures were JEWS and it was JEWS who taught others the PERVERTED scriptures.
Historically, Paul never met Jesus nor heard his teachings personally. He was having a power trip after a bad fall.

Peter and James the Just (cousin/brother of Jesus) didn't agree with Paul, historically. They however lost the power struggle
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#191583 Oct 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Historically, Paul never met Jesus nor heard his teachings personally. He was having a power trip after a bad fall.
Peter and James the Just (cousin/brother of Jesus) didn't agree with Paul, historically. They however lost the power struggle
My points stand.

1. The Jewish encyclopedia said that the RABBIS (offspring of the PHARISEES) RECONSTRUCTED the WHOLE (ENTIRE)HISTORY of Judaism.

Tell me, what were the NEW scientific discoveries that your masters used to RECONSTRUCT the WHOLE or ENTIRE HISTORY of Judaism?

Understand, if your PHARAOHS did not at that time have NEW and RELIABLE information then their RECONSTRUCTION of HISTORY is PERVERSION of HISTORY.

2. Paul being a PHARISEE was true to form based on what you have said.

3. YOU accused the JEWISH people of PERVERTING the scriptures. Your anti-semitic words have been noted.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191584 Oct 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My points stand.
1. The Jewish encyclopedia said that the RABBIS (offspring of the PHARISEES) RECONSTRUCTED the WHOLE (ENTIRE)HISTORY of Judaism.
Tell me, what were the NEW scientific discoveries that your masters used to RECONSTRUCT the WHOLE or ENTIRE HISTORY of Judaism?
Understand, if your PHARAOHS did not at that time have NEW and RELIABLE information then their RECONSTRUCTION of HISTORY is PERVERSION of HISTORY.
2. Paul being a PHARISEE was true to form based on what you have said.
3. YOU accused the JEWISH people of PERVERTING the scriptures. Your anti-semitic words have been noted.
YAWN!!!

I didn't say they perverted the scriptures. I said they perverted Jesus' message. BIG difference. I have said many times, and I will state again, the New Testament is a piece of propaganda written by Jesus' followers to prove their foregone conclusion--that Jesus was the Messiah and Son of G-d. I don't care what their previous belief system was. They perverted Jesus' message. That message was very Jewish. Much of it is present today in the Reform movement to which I belong. For example, the idea that the strict tenets of the Torah should be waived in exigent circumstances. That's also a tenet of the Reform movement.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#191585 Oct 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
YAWN!!!
I didn't say they perverted the scriptures. I said they perverted Jesus' message. BIG difference. I have said many times, and I will state again, the New Testament is a piece of propaganda written by Jesus' followers to prove their foregone conclusion--that Jesus was the Messiah and Son of G-d. I don't care what their previous belief system was. They perverted Jesus' message. That message was very Jewish. Much of it is present today in the Reform movement to which I belong. For example, the idea that the strict tenets of the Torah should be waived in exigent circumstances. That's also a tenet of the Reform movement.
Laughable. I shall deal with this BS later. It is nothing short of a joke.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191586 Oct 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughable. I shall deal with this BS later. It is nothing short of a joke.
Don't let the door hit you in the tush on the way out.
bmz

Location hidden

#191587 Oct 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Those last two posts by "the profit", were me. I am on a computer I haven't used in a while and that name was in my cache and I didn't notice it.
It would have been better if you had not clarified. ;)

Location hidden

#191588 Oct 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
YAWN!!!
What stage of reincarnation do you believe you have progressed too?
What are the different forms of reincarnation the Reformed Jews go through in their higher and lower states of Being?

Are homosexuals ordained as rabbi's?
Are Reformed Jews Pro-Choice?
Do Reformed Jews approve of homosexuality being taught children in our elementary schools?
Do Reformed Jews approve of gay marriage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Thu Nobody you know 13
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul 16 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul 14 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Jul 8 Zipp 3
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 7 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun 30 just sayin 3
More from around the web