Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
180,341 - 180,360 of 200,935 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
Quran 7:157
Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel...

Quran 10:94
So if you are in doubt about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you.
If the scriptures were already corrupted before Muhammad was born, as you said, then why your god told to Muhammad that there are references about him in Torah and Gospel, and above all why your god told to Muhammad that if he is in doubt about the revelations he received he can ask to Christians and Jews when they rely on corrupted books?
context of verse 7:157,
Moses chose 70 men to pray with him, "My Lord, would You destroy all of us for what the foolish among us have done?"
God replied, "I afflict My punishment to whom I will, but My mercy encompasses everything. Thus I WILL decree it for:
- those who are righteous
- those who believe in Our revelations
- those who follow the unlettered prophet whom they find in the Torah and Injil"
GOD WAS TALKING TO MOSES

context of verse 10:94,
"We took the children of Israel across the sea, Pharaoh with his troops pursued them...
And We settled them in a good land...
So if you are in doubt of what We have revealed to you then ask those who read the Book before you"
IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT OF THE STORY OF THE CROSSING..
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

News wrote:
<quoted text>
People aroud the worls celebrate Shabe`Miraz remebering the glory of Paul's donkey-like-horse ride to Jannah. El`ham^do!lula!!!
Noose.....
A few posts back you claimed that I said Paul was a disciple!
I have denied it and you can say sorry...

I repeat..
I didn't say Paul was a disciple.
Paul had good ideas but he rode the wrong donkey...or horse.
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalms 118:22 says "The stone that the builders rejected has become the head of the corner." Jesus Christ is the one called in ancient prophecy a stone that the builders would reject.
Jesus referred to this prophecy about himself in Luke 20:17 when he said ‘The stone which the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone’?...
It is just a claim, Shamma.
If George Bush says "‘The stone which the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone’, will he be G-d too?
Georgie boy was an alcoholic and was stoned quite frequently.. but he because the chief cornerstone of satanic world.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

"I remember that on one occasion Jesus said of the Scriptures,'GINESTE DOKIMOI TRAPEZITAI (be ye expert money-changers)'
this is because there is a mixture of genuine and spurious words in them"
- the apostle Peter, quoted in Clementine Homilies
News

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Noose.....
A few posts back you claimed that I said Paul was a disciple!
I have denied it and you can say sorry...
I repeat..
I didn't say Paul was a disciple.
Paul had good ideas but he rode the wrong donkey...or horse.
Alexa W,

I hope you what you are talkng about and whatever you are talking about I am sure is very impotant.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

bmz wrote:
Although it was made to appear as if he were talking to the Jews, I believe that was addressed to his disciples, who were shaky and could have been waiting for the other messiah, being Jews themselves. This shows that they were riding two boats, with a leg in each.
It looks more like a prophesy about Paul.
What do you think?
"I have come in my Father's name you receive me not..."
this is only a small part of one long babble Jesus gave to the Jews "who sought to kill him" (John 5:18), so definitely not addressed to his disciples

Paul is the anti-christ
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Alex WM wrote:
Old Testament is happy with Incest? Written by MEN!
Abraham and Sara
Howbeit, otherwise also she is truly my sister, the daughter of my father, and not the daughter of my mother, and I took her to wife. And after God brought me out of my father’s house, I said to her: Thou shalt do me this kindness: In every place, to which we shall come, thou shalt say that I am thy brother.[Genesis 20:12-13]
Abraham married his half sister Sara in Ur. The King of Gerara took her from Abraham and God sent him a dream to tell him that he would be destroyed for taking a woman who already had a husband (G-d approved of the marriage between the brother and sister???). The King returned Sara to Abraham and they remained together as a couple until she died at the age of 127. Incidentally, Abraham died 38 years later at the ripe old age of 175.
rabbee: all the grandchildren of adam and his mate, are all committing incest. so pardon me - if i do not see your point, as all that derogatory?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
this is only a small part of one long babble Jesus gave to the Jews "who sought to kill him" (John 5:18), so definitely not addressed to his disciples
Paul is the anti-christ
You are only fooling your self uhuh.
Muhammad was not a prophet from God.
6 million Muslims leave the religion of Muhammad each year for Jesus.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

uhuh wrote:
"I remember that on one occasion Jesus said of the Scriptures,'GINESTE DOKIMOI TRAPEZITAI (be ye expert money-changers)'
this is because there is a mixture of genuine and spurious words in them"
- the apostle Peter, quoted in Clementine Homilies
Jesus is God in the flesh uhuh.
Your heart is that of your pagan desert bandit Muhammad.
You reject Jesus as God because you don't know God uhuh.

You pray 5 times a day uhuh yet your mind is filled with ignorance.

You don't know Paul because you don't know Jesus uh uh!You are only fooling yourself uhuh Muhammad was not a prophet from God!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't jump the gun Rabbee.
I am not here insulting Jesus (Yehoshooah) or his mother.
I am pointing out the absurdities in the NT and I know you don't believe in NT because you have your own TheTorah.
If you don't believe in NT please don't it.
Otherwise, I would expect you to defend Quran in the same way.
That's why I said:
Seeker deserves the title "Christian ZOMBIE"!!!
He simply can't see anything wrong with his books that are full of errors...lies...inconsistencie s...absurdities...etc!! I had access to material that made me almost puke!
Now the 2.5 year old boy wants his spaceship monster!
The spaceship monster was 50billion year old pedo daddy/ghosty who pumped his "living [tadpole] water©" into the frightened little 10year old girl!!
Back to BJ supplying "living [tadpole] water©" to the frightened lonely woman....yes...they were probably caught ...and the quick thinking woman said she was swallowing "living [tadpole] water©" off the Jewish messiah for the benefit of the rest of the Jacob's clan!!
rabbee: don't care if you accept any new testament koran or otherwise. you don's slander the people in it with filthy remarks.

i know Who Those People are in TheTorah. and they are held in high regard by G-D. and The Only Word of G-D, given to this world are in only TheTorah.

yes i know their new testament and your new testament, are an untrue accounting here in TheTorah again. yet you do not see me, making filthy remarks about muhammed, or any one else.

your filthy untrue remarks, are demeaning to those people in question. and so it is, slandering them. to tell lies, about anyone is slander.

i know muhammed is not in HEAVEN, he never even made it there. but i don't spew out, filthy untrue remarks about him for my or anyone else's ego support.

do you have any idea, how your filthy attitude makes you look more filthy and disgusting? or any one who approves of your filth, are no better than you.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a well known in Judaism that the Torah doesn't contain any reference about the final messiah. Furthermore Deut 18 talks about a prophet not a messiah or a final one.
rabbee: that is not true, TheTorah Scroll is most specific as to Who are HaMosheeach.

"(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created Them.

G-D blessed Them, and G-D said to Them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

as you all refuse to see, Who G-D calls as Adam here in TheTorah again. no matter how many fake names, you try to assign to Adam. Adam to G-D, is still adam and his mate in the same story again.

TheTorah is TheWord of G-D, and everything else is from fallible not here in TheTorah as men. with some just more, subtle critter fallible than others.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You can deny it all you want, but it is the truth!
Jesus is God in human form.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Scripture said he was God and the father. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are just titles. Jesus was the name of God revealed in the new testament.

In the bible it also says to baptize in the NAME of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in early verses. And in later scriptures God reveals his name Jesus. And this explain why the disciples baptized in the name of our lord Jesus Christ.
In the great commission as recorded by Matthew, Jesus said: "All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth. Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world" (Matt. 28:18-20).
Shamma,

That Jesus is God, is a load of Horse Shit. Please read my post again:

That Jesus is the creator of the world, is a blatant lie, Shamma. It is silly and absurd. Jesus, himself, was created.

You can't trust John. It is quite obvious that John had no knowledge of the Jewish Holy Scriptures at all.

It is also quite obvious that John had never read a word of Isaiah and in particular, the man was clueless and totally ignorant about Isaiah 45, which debunks John and dismisses it.

The Grenade:

I am the Lord, and there is no other.

I, the Lord, have created it.“Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground.

Does the clay say to the potter,‘What are you making?’ Does your work say,‘The potter has no hands’?

The LORD was the potter and Jesus was the clay and also potsherd.

Think hard!

Please save this irreversible dismissal of John in your 'BMZ' file. Thanks
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>

Paul is the anti-christ
Agreed.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong Susan!
Jesus is God.
Mark 1:12-13, Matthew 4:1-11 and Luke 4:1-13. After Jesus was baptized by John, he was led into the wilderness to be temped by Satan.
Each temptation was rebuked by Jesus quoting scripture. The first rebuke Jesus told Satan "Man doth not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live".
The second rebuke Jesus told Satan " Ye shall not tempt the Lord your God, as ye tempted him in Massah".
The third and last temptation, Jesus told Satan " Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve".
Jesus taught these thing:
The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one, etc. See Deuteronomy 6:4-9 .
This command is first because it is the foundationof the entire law of God.
It is greatest ( Matthew 22:38 ) because, in asense, it includes all the other laws. Polytheism, atheism, idolatry,and all sins against God are forbidden by it.
All sins against man are likewise, in a sense, prohibited by it; for sin against man is sinagainst God's image, and against the objects of God's love. Those whotruly love God cannot consistently sin against man ( 1 John 4:20 ).
12:30 and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strengt1h.
The sum of it is that we are tolove God with our whole being.
12:31 The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself1. There is none other commandment greater than these2.
The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. See whom we truly love. Where we love, we desire to bless. But sin always carries with it a willingness to injure or to curse.
There is none other commandment greater than these. The generic nature of the law of love is also noted by Paul ( Romans 13:8-10 ); butlove without law is not sufficient. Love begets a desire to bless, butthe law guides to the accomplishment of that desire.
Perfect righteousness is the result of wisdom as well as affection.
Love without law is power without direction, and law without love is machinery without a motor ( 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 ).
Was Jesus offered all the kingdoms of the world by Satan? Is Satan the god of this world? Did Jesus preach the kingdom of God? Is the kingdom of God a literal, world ruling kingdom? Will that kingdom last forever? Does that kingdom exist on earth today? If Jesus does not have a kingdom, Jesus is not a king. The God of Israel is the King of the Universe and will preside over a kingdom.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims are rejecting Muhammad for Jesus!
6 Mullion Muslims leave Muhammad's religion each year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rXgAaEj1Ps0XX
There are even more people leaving Christianity and becoming atheist. The OT is the source and origin of all theology and we should get back to the basics. These Christians are throwing the baby out with the bath water!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Buford, all who claim that Jesus was INVENTED should prove it. They should also prove that Moses was not invented.
This much I shall say, it is an invention that has NO equal. It is an INVENTION that people have died for and here I am speaking about those who were eyewitnesses to the invented things e.g. the miracles, the resurrected Christ etc.
One day, Paul the Pharisee, the persecutor of Jews who were Christians fell off his ass and struck his head and became senseless and delusional. This accident i.e. falling and hitting his head upon the Rock caused this PERSECUTOR of Christians to JOIN them and to DIE for his own fabrication.
What a story and such a powerful story that has INFLUENCED millions who have lived during the period AD 32 to 2013.
Paul was the GREATEST Jew, EVER and a MASTER DECEIVER.
Look for independent and even hostile corroborating accounts about Jesus of Nazareth, recounting that he lived, performed miracles, WAS CRUCIFIED (bmz) and died, rose from the dead, and ascended to heaven. Where are they?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, Jesus the son of Mary, existed. No doubt about it. Qur'aan says so and we accept that Jesus existed and the character was not invented.
You are free to defend the Christian record as given by the Church but how can you defend something which is wrong under your own scripture?
For example, how can you defend Trinity or the Triune God? We are not alone in debunking Trinity. There are even many Christians, who deny that.
How can I misrepresent or distort or misinform any misinformation and misreports?
You believe that Jesus existed because Qur'aan says so, Of course, Mohammad could not possibly have been deceived, or misinformed, or a damned liar, because, after all, he was the last and best prophet ever!!! How do we know this? Qur'aan says so, AND THAT'S PROOF ENOUGH!

Circular ILLOGIC.

As for the doctrine of the Trinity, I've already provided my analogy: God is; God speaks; God acts, a.k.a.. in Christian parlance, Father; Son; Spirit.

Of course you don't get it. I suspect that you never will.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite interesting!
NOWHERE in the Gospel record does Jesus refer to these either:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"
7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and con substantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
RICHARD,

If Jesus didn't exist, then your "prophet" was both deceived and deceiving.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
. The OT is the source and origin of all theology
Prove it.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
Does the clay say to the potter,‘What are you making?’ Does your work say,‘The potter has no hands’?
The LORD was the potter and Jesus was the clay and also potsherd.
Think hard!
Think hard, bmz!

Are you the LORD to tell the LORD what the LORD may and may not do?

Again, think hard! I mean, think really, REALLY hard!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••