Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254075 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#191489 Oct 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Islam is destroying it self from within.
You should be delighted at that news!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191490 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Le Dic(kHead)
BJ the demon god is NOT Jesus PBUH who was a man of God.
Now then Le dic...chew on this..
NOWHERE in the Gospel record does Jesus refer to these either:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"
7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and con substantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
You need to move on Alex!
Jesus settled your questions 2000 years ago!

Jesus is God in human form Alex.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191491 Oct 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
TAQAIYYAH
How to tell pious lies.
LOL!!!!!
He was a "visionary" who lied a lot..
Alex WM

London, UK

#191492 Oct 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric,
Babylonians, Assyrians, Nimrod and others have all gone and are history. Micah prophesy, this prophesy and that prophesy also are all gone. None ever realized.
Even HaShem has not established peace all over the world. How peaceful was Israel's own history?
Israel's own history according to Scripture, has never been peaceful despite the claims of prophesies. What good were those umpteen prophesies, which we read and hear? 
Shall we blame Moses for all the turmoil and chaos?
Just a hundred and fifty years ago, there was complete peace in the region and in the world, excluding Europe, where the Europeans were at each other's throats and also simultaneously at the throats of the Jews. Judaism was never peaceful nor Christianity ever was.
Of course, in those days, there was no internet, no television and no media circus. So, events were not immediately known or heard of.
To me, all the so-called prophesies are really worthless. Do you think the Assyrians and the Bulls of Bashan will all come back?
The Jews say that their Messiah will judge the nations and the Christians say Jesus will judge the nations and neither has turned up. Each uses the same so-called prophesies.
The world is talking about democracy. Do you think the world will stand for a king over her?
Thought provoking, bro.
It is also clear proof that many books have been "doctored" by the writers to give their own race an undue advantage.

Not a single person can come anywhere near Prophet Muhammed PBUH who was and will be the greatest of humans ever. Most of the old boys have no real track record or evidence!
Salaams
News

New York, NY

#191493 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!
He was a "visionary" who lied a lot..
It will be interesting to know Paul vs Muhammad, who was a bigger liar?(if Paul was a liar)

Location hidden

#191494 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clever Paul wanted Gentile punters to subscribe to his potentially profitable venture.
So he created a Gentile Christ who was diametrically opposed to the Jewish man known as Yahoshooah..Jesus who avoided the Gentile (pigs and dogs) like a plague or was it swine fever or rabies?
When will will you wake up, Gentile Shamma?
If you knew who Jesus was Alex you would know Paul was chosen by God to preach to the Gentiles the death and resurrection of Jesus the Son of God.

Your words are empty words Alex, Jesus already fulfilled the answers to your questions.

You need to move on Alex and seek God rather than seeking the empty promises of Muhammad.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191495 Oct 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You need to move on Alex!
Jesus settled your questions 2000 years ago!
Jesus is God in human form Alex.
Jesus is NOT G-d in human form.
That Jesus is G-d is Blasphemy.
Jesus DID settle it by clearly telling the fools that he was NOT G-d.

But evil sinners have created a monster called BJ who is satan incarnate.

BJ the demon god is NOT Jesus PBUH who was a man of God.

NOWHERE in the Gospel record does Jesus make any of these DIRECT claims:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"
7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and con substantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

Shamma, G-d is NOT shy to claim that "He" is indeed G-d.

Jesus the slave of G-d NEVER claimed divinity.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191496 Oct 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric,
Babylonians, Assyrians, Nimrod and others have all gone and are history. Micah prophesy, this prophesy and that prophesy also are all gone. None ever realized.
Even HaShem has not established peace all over the world. How peaceful was Israel's own history?
Israel's own history according to Scripture, has never been peaceful despite the claims of prophesies. What good were those umpteen prophesies, which we read and hear? 
Shall we blame Moses for all the turmoil and chaos?
Just a hundred and fifty years ago, there was complete peace in the region and in the world, excluding Europe, where the Europeans were at each other's throats and also simultaneously at the throats of the Jews. Judaism was never peaceful nor Christianity ever was.
Of course, in those days, there was no internet, no television and no media circus. So, events were not immediately known or heard of.
To me, all the so-called prophesies are really worthless. Do you think the Assyrians and the Bulls of Bashan will all come back?
The Jews say that their Messiah will judge the nations and the Christians say Jesus will judge the nations and neither has turned up. Each uses the same so-called prophesies.
The world is talking about democracy. Do you think the world will stand for a king over her?
So, BMZ, the answer is that Muhammad didn't bring worldwide peace. Neither did Jesus. Therefore, that's two strikes against them. Neither is of the seed of David and the shoot of Jesse. Neither brought worldwide peace.[Some might say they brought just the opposite.] Neither is the messiah/final prophet.

Thank you. We can move on now.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191497 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought provoking, bro.
It is also clear proof that many books have been "doctored" by the writers to give their own race an undue advantage.
Not a single person can come anywhere near Prophet Muhammed PBUH who was and will be the greatest of humans ever. Most of the old boys have no real track record or evidence!
Salaams
Alex, why couldn't an Arab bring worldwide peace?[Some would say Muhammad brought the opposite.]
Alex WM

London, UK

#191498 Oct 10, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be interesting to know Paul vs Muhammad, who was a bigger liar?(if Paul was a liar)
Paul was promoting a demon BJ.
If you had any brains you will know that Paul's vision was a cock and bull story.
He has taken worship away from G-d by introducing a tall tale.

Prophet Muhammed PBUH is promoting the LORD GOD of all creation.

You must be sick to even challenge that concept if you believe in G-d.

Islam is about PURE monotheism.
We are concerned with submitting our Will to the CREATOR instead of worshipping naked men.

Location hidden

#191499 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought provoking, bro.
Salaams
Your post is funny Alex.
Muhammad is dead.
While Jesus is alive.

You are only fooling yourself Alex.
Muhammad was not a prophet from God.

Alex WM

London, UK

#191500 Oct 10, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
So, BMZ, the answer is that Muhammad didn't bring worldwide peace. Neither did Jesus. Therefore, that's two strikes against them. Neither is of the seed of David and the shoot of Jesse. Neither brought worldwide peace.[Some might say they brought just the opposite.] Neither is the messiah/final prophet.
Thank you. We can move on now.
The answer is for mankind to await a redeemer who is not sectarian or into tribalism.

The redeemer will bring ALL humans to a land of peace and harmony by treating them all equally.

God is able to do that easily because BY DEFINITION God is unbiased.

A simple Armageddon should do the job!
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191501 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is for mankind to await a redeemer who is not sectarian or into tribalism.
The redeemer will bring ALL humans to a land of peace and harmony by treating them all equally.
G-d is able to do that easily because BY DEFINITION G-d is unbiased.
Hey, I'll buy into that. When such a person arrives, I will proclaim such person the messiah/final prophet. S/he will be sent by G-d as the anointed (messiah). For the present time, neither Jesus nor Muhammad fit your scenario. I'll wait.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191502 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>

G-d did that once. It was called the flood.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191503 Oct 10, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex, why couldn't an Arab bring worldwide peace?[Some would say Muhammad brought the opposite.]
It is NOT about Arab, Jew or even Native American, Eric.
Human beings need to unite under one religion.

I would love that religion to be Judaism, Christianity or Islam.

Unfortunately if you are honest with yourself, you will admit that Judaism is not designed for including outsiders.

You will also agree that there are serious flaws with the Church that falsely promotes a Jewish man as a Gentile loving manGOD!

Islam is probably the only religion that welcomes any human being who submits to the Will of one God who created everything that we can see and feel and that God happens to be one and only, unique, eternal and everlasting and unlike His creation.

Human beings are constantly fighting. Judaism has a dreadful history pre Jesus and Christianity and Islam have a dreadful history post Jesus. But we should give the "honors" to humans and not to the religion!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191504 Oct 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is funny Alex.
Muhammad is dead.
While Jesus is alive.
You are only fooling yourself Alex.
Muhammad was not a prophet from God.
LOL...
If BJ is alive, PROVE IT!
Did he telephone you?

ALL HUMANS DIE, Shamma...their 3D body rots and disappears...but what happens to their souls/spirit depends on your belief!

Moses is DEAD too, Shamma!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191505 Oct 10, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
G-d did that once. It was called the flood.
I really think the flood was limited to one region.
I don't think that it is possible for the whole globe to be covered in water at the same time....but I may be wrong!
Did Noah include penguins and polar bears with animals from warmer climate?
Tigers...lions...and snakes...all in the boat?
oh dear.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191506 Oct 10, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'll buy into that. When such a person arrives, I will proclaim such person the messiah/final prophet. S/he will be sent by G-d as the anointed (messiah). For the present time, neither Jesus nor Muhammad fit your scenario. I'll wait.
You have a point but I do believe that Jesus (Not BJ) and Muhammed worked very hard to promote ONE true G-d of all creation.
How people respond to the call cannot be used against the messengers. G-d even tells Muhammed something like.. "you are just the messenger...just give the message and get off!".

In addition to the followers of Jesus and Muhammed, the followers of Moses also have blood on their hands.

I believe that the messages from Moses, Jesus and Muhammed reflect differing levels of maturity/enlightenment over a period of about 5000 years.

Moses was concentrating on his folks...while Jesus was trying to correct some of his wayward folks and Muhammed reached out to all humanity.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191507 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOT about Arab, Jew or even Native American, Eric.
Human beings need to unite under one religion.
I would love that religion to be Judaism, Christianity or Islam.
Unfortunately if you are honest with yourself, you will admit that Judaism is not designed for including outsiders.
You will also agree that there are serious flaws with the Church that falsely promotes a Jewish man as a Gentile loving manGOD!
Islam is probably the only religion that welcomes any human being who submits to the Will of one God who created everything that we can see and feel and that God happens to be one and only, unique, eternal and everlasting and unlike His creation.
Human beings are constantly fighting. Judaism has a dreadful history pre Jesus and Christianity and Islam have a dreadful history post Jesus. But we should give the "honors" to humans and not to the religion!
You said "It is also clear proof that many books have been "doctored" by the writers to give their own race an undue advantage." My question is that if that is so, why couldn't the final prophet/messiah still bring worldwide peace no matter what their ethnicity. Worldwide peace has nothing to do with ethnicity. Muhammad didn't do it. Muhammad is not the final prophet.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#191508 Oct 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...
If BJ is alive, PROVE IT!
Did he telephone you?
ALL HUMANS DIE, Shamma...their 3D body rots and disappears...but what happens to their souls/spirit depends on your belief!
Moses is DEAD too, Shamma!
Jesus' spirit went to heaven although he did not deserve it. Heaven and hell are the realm of the dead. Jesus is dead and he's not coming back from heaven but he has been reincarnated. This time he'll get what he deserves which is death and hell. Jesus is a thief and a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 36 min thetruth 4,839
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 40 min thetruth 810
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 8 hr Eric 17
Anyone still at this forum Aug 23 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web