Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256360 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191376 Oct 8, 2013
In Islam, baby Jesus speaks peace on himself on his day of birth, on his day of death, and on his day of resurrection.

Is this a conferral, or a prayer?

Hmm.....
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#191377 Oct 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
"when thou shalt make his soul an OFFERING for SIN"--
SIN OFFERINGS MUST BE WITHOUT blemish.
Clear, it CANNOT be speaking about Israel.
A lamb for a sin offering also must be female, HughBe. Leviticus 4:32 "And if he bring a lamb for a sin offering, he shall bring it a female without blemish". Malachi 1:14 "But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing..." Jesus was a sin offering and not a Passover lamb. Isaiah 53:7 "...he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter..." :10 "...when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin..."
THE MAHDI

Saint Paul, MN

#191378 Oct 8, 2013
Has it been 7 days. Lol.

WHY OFFER A FEMALE LAM AND NOT A MALE ?

Imagine you are the head of the vatican church or synogog , what is the beniffet for you to have your 1million followers bring you 1 million male lam? What are you going to do with just males? They produce nothing but meat. That is the dumbest thing to ask people to bring when you know they going to bring it too.

But what is the beniffet of 1 million female lam? Milk. Lots of milk. Baby lams. Lots of baby lams. No one richer than you. Lol.

Folks get to craken. The code is here posted. The fame the money will go to the one who says i will take the mahdi for his word and test his theory. Lol.
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#191379 Oct 8, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
1. If Muhammad does not fulfill all of the prophecies of the Tanakh, then Muhammad is not the final prophet.
2. I am a Jew, and we continue to say that we are still waiting for a prophet that will satisfy the prophecies.
3. Why should Muhammad get a pass on fulfilling all of the prophecies? Why do you and the Christians get to cherry pick?
Then there is no use of having any discussion, you can keep on waiting for the "Final prophet" who satisfies "all the qualities" mentioned in your so many books and you might have to wait even after the last and final days!!

That might be the reason, Jews went on rejecting one prophet after another, including Jesus, because he did not fulfill "each and every" of those hundreds of prophesies.

I say best of luck to you, and I would wish you a lang period of wait.

Jews missed the bus in case of Jesus and a Last and Final ride when our prophet came 600 years after Jesus, fulfilling many OT prophesies.

Quran says "People of Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) recongnize him (i.e. the prophet Mohammad) as they recognize their own sons"....".

That is for their learned scholars, as regards common Jews and Chriatians, they live in a "world of fantasy, wishful thinking"

The Last prophet has come and gone and no new religion is to come into the world.

I do not know, how and why should we continue this discusssion? Have you any basis?
Simon

Southampton, UK

#191380 Oct 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there is no use of having any discussion, you can keep on waiting for the "Final prophet" who satisfies "all the qualities" mentioned in your so many books and you might have to wait even after the last and final days!!
That might be the reason, Jews went on rejecting one prophet after another, including Jesus, because he did not fulfill "each and every" of those hundreds of prophesies.
I say best of luck to you, and I would wish you a lang period of wait.
Jews missed the bus in case of Jesus and a Last and Final ride when our prophet came 600 years after Jesus, fulfilling many OT prophesies.
Quran says "People of Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) recongnize him (i.e. the prophet Mohammad) as they recognize their own sons"....".
That is for their learned scholars, as regards common Jews and Chriatians, they live in a "world of fantasy, wishful thinking"
The Last prophet has come and gone and no new religion is to come into the world.
I do not know, how and why should we continue this discusssion? Have you any basis?
You have been thoroughly exposed and licked by Torah experts. Better luck next time, perhaps.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#191381 Oct 8, 2013
I come in my Father's name and you receive me not; another shall come in his own name (ANTI-CHRIST) and you will receive him -John 5:43

70000 Jews would make up the armies of al-Dajjal (ANTI-CHRIST)-Sahih Muslim

either way according to Christianity or Islam, not only Jews have missed the boat, Jews will follow the ANTI-MESSIAH
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#191382 Oct 8, 2013
since muslims believe that the Torah and gospel were already corrupted a long long time ago - Torah right after Moses' death, and the Gospel not even written by the real disciples of Jesus -
it is futile for muslims to even try to find any reference of Muhammad in them
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191383 Oct 8, 2013
uhuh wrote:
since muslims believe that the Torah and gospel were already corrupted a long long time ago - Torah right after Moses' death, and the Gospel not even written by the real disciples of Jesus -
Obviously, Muslims like MUQ find references to Muhammad in those parts of the Torah and gospel that WEREN'T corrupted.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191384 Oct 8, 2013
uhuh wrote:
I come in my Father's name and you receive me not; another shall come in his own name (ANTI-CHRIST) and you will receive him -John 5:43
70000 Jews would make up the armies of al-Dajjal (ANTI-CHRIST)-Sahih Muslim
either way according to Christianity or Islam, not only Jews have missed the boat, Jews will follow the ANTI-MESSIAH
Jesus is the creator of the world.
John 1:1-6
New International Version (NIV)
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Location hidden

#191385 Oct 8, 2013
uhuh wrote:
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#191386 Oct 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Till THEN, I mean till that someday, we will keep Muhammad as the Prophet in Deuteronomy 18.
It sounds like you have no understood at all the entire chapter and the Exodus story. Keep up your delusion.

Location hidden

#191387 Oct 8, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
1. If Muhammad does not fulfill all of the prophecies of the Tanakh, then Muhammad is not the final prophet.
2. I am a Jew, and we continue to say that we are still waiting for a prophet that will satisfy the prophecies.
3. Why should Muhammad get a pass on fulfilling all of the prophecies? Why do you and the Christians get to cherry pick?
It's a well known in Judaism that the Torah doesn't contain any reference about the final messiah. Furthermore Deut 18 talks about a prophet not a messiah or a final one.
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#191388 Oct 8, 2013
Simon wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been thoroughly exposed and licked by Torah experts. Better luck next time, perhaps.
I am not offended by such boastful comments.

Mr. Seeker also started with such comments, but soon lost "all interest" in the subject.

I found Jew's stand very unreasonable that "unless some one fulfills "All of the prophesies" , scattered in so many books, he cannot be accepted as the Last Prophet".

What if all these prophesies are not about Last and Final prophet of God, but about so many other prophets of past?

I think that is why, Jews rejected Jesus and then our prophet, because one cannot fit on any one person BOTH sets of prophesies mentioned in OT books.

And that is the folly of Christians too, because they try to fit on Jesus, prophesies which are not made for him.
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#191389 Oct 8, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, Muslims like MUQ find references to Muhammad in those parts of the Torah and gospel that WEREN'T corrupted.
We quote from OT books, for the benefit of you people. We do not need these things for ourselves.

If any portion of OT and NT books complies with Quran, then by default such a portion was not corrupted.

This is beauty of truth, no ever ever contradicts another truth.

Location hidden

#191390 Oct 8, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Quran 7:174

Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them.[...]

Quran 10:94
So if you are in doubt,[O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.

If the scriptures were already corrupted before Muhammad was born, as you said, then why your god told to Muhammad that there are references about him in Torah and Gospel, and above all why your god told to Muhammad that if he is in doubt about the revelations he received he can ask to Christians and Jews when they rely on corrupted books?

LOL

Location hidden

#191391 Oct 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
We quote from OT books, for the benefit of you people. We do not need these things for ourselves.
If any portion of OT and NT books complies with Quran, then by default such a portion was not corrupted.
This is truth!
The Word Became Flesh
Mujahid

Hurst, TX

#191392 Oct 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>This is truth!
The Word Became Flesh
Quotable Quote

“Seeds grow in a plain but not among rocks. So, also wisdom flourishes in the heart of a humble man but not in the heart of the proud. Do you not see how the man who flaunts his head to the ceiling will dash it, while he who lowers his head shelters and protects it?”

&#8213; The Beloved Prophet Jesus PBUH

Location hidden

#191394 Oct 9, 2013
Mujahid wrote:
<quoted text>
Quotable Quote
“Seeds grow in a plain but not among rocks. So, also wisdom flourishes in the heart of a humble man but not in the heart of the proud. Do you not see how the man who flaunts his head to the ceiling will dash it, while he who lowers his head shelters and protects it?”
&#8213; The Beloved Prophet Jesus PBUH
Weeds grow in a plain and among the rocks.
But seeds grow in good soil where it is watered and cared for.

Muslims live in darkness.
Muhammad shut the lights out in Islam.

The Word Became Flesh
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191396 Oct 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The same logically fallacious argument applies to Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon and Rev. Moon's Divine Principle!

Your most glaring mistake is in assuming that the Qur'an is THE measure of truth, even when it contradicts not just what is spelled out in the OT and the NT accounts, but also independently verified historical sources! This is like saying that a counterfeit $20 bill is the real one because it was printed LATER than the original, even if the LATER one differs in many ways -discovered upon close examination- from the legitimate $20 bill issued EARLIER by the Federal Reserve!

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#191397 Oct 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:

The Word Became Flesh
That Jesus is the creator of the world, is a blatant lie, Shamma. It is silly and absurd. Jesus, himself, was created.

You can't trust John. It is quite obvious that John had no knowledge of the Jewish Holy Scriptures at all.

It is also quite obvious that John had never read a word of Isaiah and in particular, the man was clueless and totally ignorant about Isaiah 45, which debunks John and dismisses it.

The Grenade:

I am the Lord, and there is no other.

I, the Lord, have created it.“Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground.

Does the clay say to the potter,‘What are you making?’ Does your work say,‘The potter has no hands’?

The LORD was the potter and Jesus was the clay and also potsherd.

Think hard!

Please save this irreversible dismissal of John in your 'BMZ' file. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 14 Einstein Nukes 16
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Dec 29 Sugar plum 50
News Who the Crusaders Are in 2016 Dec 28 Playa 7
confusion 3 Dec 26 taylor810 1
confusion Dec 26 taylor810 2
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 26 Eagle 12 4,912
News What's wrong with wishing others a Merry Christ... (Dec '08) Dec 26 Jesus Is 52
More from around the web