Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256288 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#191336 Oct 8, 2013
RAPE AND INCEST SANCTIONED BY OT.......

Amnon and Thamar

And it came to pass after this, that Amnon the SON OF DAVID loved the sister of Absalom the SON of DAVID, who was very beautiful, and her name was Thamar.
And he was exceedingly fond of her, so that he fell sick for the love of her: for as she was a virgin, he thought it hard to do any thing dishonestly with her.[II Kings 13:1-2 ] And

Thamar came to the house of Amnon her brother: but he was laid down: and she took meal and tempered it: and dissolving it in his sight she made little messes. And taking what she had boiled, she poured it out, and set it before him, but he would not eat: and Amnon said: Put out all persons from me. And when they had put all persons out, Amnon said to Thamar: Bring the mess into the chamber, that I may eat at thy hand. And when she had presented him the meat, HE TOOK HOLD OF HER, and said: COME LIE WITH ME, MY SISTER (!!!!!!. She answered him: Do NOT SO, MY BROTHER, DO NOT FORCE ME: for no such thing must be done in Israel. Do not thou this folly.[II Kings 13:8-12] But he would not hearken to her prayers, but being stronger OVERPOWERED her and LAY with her.[II Kings 13:14]

At least justice was ultimately done as Thomar’s other brother, Absalom, killed Amnon two years later in vengeance!!!!!!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191337 Oct 8, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
But I did interject along the way. And you told me I'd have to wait until you were done discussing Deut. 18:18. Well, you have completed you discussion and now it's time to discuss how Muhammad doesn't fulfill the prophesies in the Tanakh before you proceed to the New Testament. Let's take the scriptures in order.
There is no candidate for last prophet. The last prophet is still to come.
I didn't think that you would want to discuss the failings of Muhammad. You'd rather cherry pick passages and not deal with those that Muhammad does not fulfill.
I thought it didn't matter to you who or what we worshipped.

You were not able to confirm or deny if Christians worshipped your G-d or if they worshipped a different God.

You were not willing to tackle the question about Messiah...
If the Messiah were to arrive today...will all the learned Jews ask him/her....
(A)"Are you the Messiah?" or;
(B) "Are you the Messiah, THE Son of God?"
Alex WM

London, UK

#191338 Oct 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your post misrepresents the teaching of Jesus.
Jesus came to teach us how to emulate the goodness of God.
Answer these Shamma ...
What was the religion of Adam?
What was the religion of Noah?
What was the religion of Abraham?
What was the religion of Isaac?
What was the religion of Jacob?
What was the religion of the 12 Children of Jacob including Judah?
What was the religion of Moses?
What was the religion of Jesus?

THINK CAREFULLY...
Alex WM

London, UK

#191339 Oct 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My sincere apologies in advance, Buford.
This looks like the dog in the manger scenario.
Absolutely.
BJ was talking to his mates and NOT to the world.
He came for them and they rejected him.
End of.

Paul was a mission had a "vision" but he backed the wrong horse!
He could have gone out to the gentiles on his own instead of dragging in Jewish BJ who came only for the Jews, thus diluting the message!

Paul for president because he is better than BJ in every way!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191340 Oct 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion on "Our Prophet prophesized in Bible" is going on between me qand Mr. Seeker for many months now, you might be a late entrance.
I have shown that Deut 1818 is fulfilled by our prophet and not Jesus.
If you want to start another discussion, you have to wait, till I finish this one.
Or if you want to propose any other candidate for Deut. 18:18, please do so and be quick about it.
Very good, brother..I like the last comment.

Let them propose a candidate instead of thrashing every candidate!

They rejected Jesus PBUH and reject Muhammed PBUH without offering any alternatives.

They don't wish to talk about many other candidates with their tacit approval who came forward and got wiped off between 0Ad and now!!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191341 Oct 8, 2013
Luke 18:32
He will be delivered over to the Gentiles/ROMANS(!!). They will mock him, insult him and spit on him;

Luke 18:34

The DISCIPLES DID NOT UNDERSTAND ANY of THIS. Its meaning was hidden from them, and THEY DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.(!!!!)

The above is quite funny...may be because Paul's side kick Luke makes the disciples look dumb!

Why?

May be he wanted Paul to look clever.

Proof...
The "Christian" of today believes in Paul and knows next to NOTHING about the disciples.

Paul 1 and Disciples 0.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191342 Oct 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
CONTINUED:
The Incarnation: Why did God become Man?....
No need for thousands of words when you have shot yourself in the foot with a few.

God becomes Man and therefore, ceases to be God.

Your argument is dead before it started!

or...are you suggesting that your god was so twisted that he PRETENDED to be a human and PRETENDED to die, knowing well he couldn't die?
Shamma wrote:
CONTINUED:
The Incarnation: Why did God become Man?....
No need for thousands of words when you have shot yourself in the foot with a few.

God becomes Man and therefore, ceases to be God.

Your argument is dead before it started!

or...are you suggesting that your god was so twisted that he PRETENDED to be a human and PRETENDED to die, knowing well he couldn't die?

What a lying "god".

No wonder the Atheists in the West are mainly ex Christians.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191343 Oct 8, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i find it rather insane, that there are two demonic perverts who find this interesting, and one who actually agrees with your demonic lunatic perversion.
when what i want to know, is what insane pervert. taught you how, to be this demonically sane.
Don't jump the gun Rabbee.
I am not here insulting Jesus (Yehoshooah) or his mother.
I am pointing out the absurdities in the NT and I know you don't believe in NT because you have your own TheTorah.
If you don't believe in NT please don't it.
Otherwise, I would expect you to defend Quran in the same way.

That's why I said:
Seeker deserves the title "Christian ZOMBIE"!!!
He simply can't see anything wrong with his books that are full of errors...lies...inconsistencie s...absurdities...etc!! I had access to material that made me almost puke!
Now the 2.5 year old boy wants his spaceship monster!
The spaceship monster was 50billion year old pedo daddy/ghosty who pumped his "living [tadpole] water©" into the frightened little 10year old girl!!
Back to BJ supplying "living [tadpole] water©" to the frightened lonely woman....yes...they were probably caught ...and the quick thinking woman said she was swallowing "living [tadpole] water©" off the Jewish messiah for the benefit of the rest of the Jacob's clan!!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#191344 Oct 8, 2013
Alex WM wrote:

The DISCIPLES DID NOT UNDERSTAND ANY of THIS. Its meaning was hidden from them, and THEY DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.(!!!!)

The above is quite funny...may be because Paul's side kick Luke makes the disciples look dumb!

Why?

I beg to disagree, bro.

All the gospels make the disciples look dumb.

Example 1: Jesus said, "You know the way!" Thomas replied, "We do not know the way."

Example 2: Meanwhile his disciples urged him,“Rabbi, eat something.”

But he said to them,“I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”

Then his disciples said to each other,“Could someone have brought him food?”

Example 3, the best and note Thomas' remark:

So when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days, and then he said to his disciples,“Let us go back to Judea.”

“But Rabbi,” they said,“a short while ago the Jews there tried to stone you, and yet you are going back?”

Jesus answered,“Are there not twelve hours of daylight? Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world’s light. It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light.”

After he had said this, he went on to tell them,“Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”

His disciples replied,“Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep.

So then he told them plainly,“Lazarus is dead, and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him.”

Then Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]) said to the rest of the disciples,“Let us also go, that we may die with him.”

Salaams
BMZ
News

New York, NY

#191345 Oct 8, 2013
Alex WM and bmz donkeies,

St.Paul was not a disciple. St.Paul was a Christianity hater just like you. But once he realized he was against the truth, he changed his life and dedicated for Christ, according to the Bible.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191346 Oct 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to disagree, bro.
All the gospels make the disciples look dumb.
Example 1: Jesus said, "You know the way!" Thomas replied, "We do not know the way."
Example 2: Meanwhile his disciples urged him,“Rabbi, eat something.”
But he said to them,“I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”
Then his disciples said to each other,“Could someone have brought him food?”
Example 3, the best and note Thomas' remark:
So when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days, and then he said to his disciples,“Let us go back to Judea.”
“But Rabbi,” they said,“a short while ago the Jews there tried to stone you, and yet you are going back?”
Jesus answered,“Are there not twelve hours of daylight? Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world’s light. It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light.”
After he had said this, he went on to tell them,“Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”
His disciples replied,“Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep.
So then he told them plainly,“Lazarus is dead, and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him.”
Then Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]) said to the rest of the disciples,“Let us also go, that we may die with him.”
Salaams
BMZ
There is nothing to disagree, bro! lol...
Luke is quite interesting in that the alleged writer has the "ear" of Paul.
We both know how the Gospels operate and are replete with "Paul inspired" insertions.
Those who promoted the religion wanted to make sure that the monotheistic "students" of Jesus pbuh were portrayed as blithering idiots. Otherwise, man worshippers like Shamma won't be here!
Salaams.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191347 Oct 8, 2013
News wrote:
St.Paul was not a disciple. St.Paul was a Christianity hater just like you. But once he realized he was against the truth, he changed his life and dedicated for Christ, according to the Bible.
Thank you News for that bit of good news.

We know that Paul was neither a disciple nor a close companion of Jesus. Paul NEVER met Jesus.

What is the difference between the Jewish man Jesus PBUH who worshipped his creator G-d and who avoided Gentiles and "Christ of Paul" who suddenly had a change of heart?

What did Paul change about himself, besides inventing a ghost to promote his gentile fishing in the name of a newly found "christ"?

Did he start to live like Jesus the Jewish man or did he come up with a new way of life that was alien to Jesus the Jewish man?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191348 Oct 8, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
He will be delivered over to the Gentiles/ROMANS(!!). They will mock him, insult him and spit on him;
Why?
Proof...
The "Christian" of today believes in Paul and knows next to NOTHING about the disciples.
Paul 1 and Disciples 0.
Your post are all lies Alex!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191349 Oct 8, 2013
BEFORE knock on the head and nailing:

Matthew 7:6 KJV

Give not that which is holy unto the DOGS, neither cast ye your pearls before SWINE, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

DOGS and PIGS represent Gentiles and heathens. BJ's original message was intended only for the Jews. Such warnings can be found in rabbinic works of the period.
In Jewish literature heathens were often compared to DOGS, and the unclean PIG was a Jewish symbol for the Roman Empire.
In 2 Peter 2:22 dogs and swine quite clearly refers to heretics.
This verse was used by Jewish Christians to attack the Gentile churches, to argue that Gentile Christians would turn on the Jews by rejecting their laws and destroying Israel.

Matt 10:
5 These twelve JESUS sent out with the following INSTRUCTIONS:“DO NOT GO AMONG the GENTILES or enter any town of the SAMARITANS.

6 GO rather TO THE LOST sheep of ISRAEL.

7 As you go, proclaim this message:‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’(FOR THE SHEEP OF ISRAEL ONLY)

AFTER knock on the head and nailing:
"Paul, go and preach to every gentile. They are cool!"
Alex WM

London, UK

#191350 Oct 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your post are all lies Alex!
Why do you lie, Shamma?

Prove that these verses don't exist...

BEFORE knock on the head and nailing:

Matthew 7:6 KJV

Give not that which is holy unto the DOGS, neither cast ye your pearls before SWINE, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

DOGS and PIGS represent Gentiles and heathens. BJ's original message was intended only for the Jews. Such warnings can be found in rabbinic works of the period.
In Jewish literature heathens were often compared to DOGS, and the unclean PIG was a Jewish symbol for the Roman Empire.
In 2 Peter 2:22 dogs and swine quite clearly refers to heretics.
This verse was used by Jewish Christians to attack the Gentile churches, to argue that Gentile Christians would turn on the Jews by rejecting their laws and destroying Israel.

Matt 10:
5 These twelve JESUS sent out with the following INSTRUCTIONS:“DO NOT GO AMONG the GENTILES or enter any town of the SAMARITANS.

6 GO rather TO THE LOST sheep of ISRAEL.

7 As you go, proclaim this message:‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’(FOR THE SHEEP OF ISRAEL ONLY)

Now Shamma how come BJ AFTER knock on the head and nailing, imply these:
"Paul, go and preach to every gentile. They are cool!"

Luke was Paul's side kick. Naturally he needed to make the Jewish disciples who were concerned only with the Jews, look dumb!

Why?

Proof...
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#191351 Oct 8, 2013
News wrote:
When did I say that Paul was a disciple?

Actually, he changed the life of Christ.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191352 Oct 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When out of hundreds of so called prophesies in OT, I have to select what refers to our prophet, I will have to "Cheery Pick".
This is usual in any discussion.
It was never my intention that EVERY prophesy in OT books is related to our prophet.
Since my discussions was mainly with Christians, I had to compare Jesus, and how he does not fulfill these prophesies.
If you say that our prophet also did not qualify for Deut. 18:18, then you come out with your candidate or say we are still waiting for a prophet that will fully satisfy Deut. 18:18.
Without your clear stand on this issue, how we can carry out any discussions.?
1. If Muhammad does not fulfill all of the prophecies of the Tanakh, then Muhammad is not the final prophet.

2. I am a Jew, and we continue to say that we are still waiting for a prophet that will satisfy the prophecies.

3. Why should Muhammad get a pass on fulfilling all of the prophecies? Why do you and the Christians get to cherry pick?
News

New York, NY

#191353 Oct 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say that Paul was a disciple?
Actually, he changed the life of Christ.
You did not say that, Alex WM said and you padded his post.
We dont know for sure if St. Paul of Christianity changed Jesus's life story (as wahabi came up with this as the spade of their prapaganda against Christianity). However Chris certainly changed his life because he was killing Christians right and left specailly Christians who were converted from Jews (because he was a leader in Jewish community). He was heading to Syria to slaughter more Christians (Jewish converts) while he had a chnage of heart.

Now after that in "Epistolic" section of the New Testament a lot of St. Paul's letters are included which were teachings for the new churchs and Christian converts. That was many decades after Christ's death while Christian were already following the Gospels (that is how a lot of Jews converted to Christianity because they wanted to follow Gospels) besides persecution from Roman authorities. So how can St. Paul (Saul) possibly change the story? Why would thousands of Christians (gentiles and converts from Jews) would listen to him if he changed the story?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191354 Oct 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
Shamma,
Please save a copy of my post and keep it in your BMZ File.
While you wait for MAAT's answer, I would like to add the following:
1. Jesus came with nothing new, brought nothing new and left nothing new behind. Jesus did not introduce God to the Jews. People knew God.
2. Religion of God had already been established, Scripture was available and the Jews believed in the one LORD Almighty God. So, he was not dealing with pagans.
3. Jesus was trying to reform Judaism, which the Pharisees and the Sadducees had made difficult to bear. They were imposing too many traditions on their folks.
4. You can see that he was trying his level best to make religion easy and bearable for his fellow Israelites.
A few of his teachings:
It was okay to heal and help people on Sabbath. Picking fruit or corn to eat, when hungry did not matter.
Made it clear that Sabbath was a day of rest given for man. Sabbath was not the Lord over man and man could Lord over Sabbath. Jesus himself was not the Lord of Sabbath or the Lord of a day.
If a little child fell down in a well on Sabbath, it was ok to go out and help pull out the child. This cannot be considered working on Sabbath.
And when people spoke harsh with others, hurting them with their language, he told them that what went down into the sewers did not matter but what came out from the mouth did. In other words, he taught people to talk nicely.
The Romans would make the Jews carry their goods. If they saw a Jew doing nothing, they would call him to carry their baggage for a mile. A mile was the limit, set by the Romans, who were very 'caring and considerate'. If a Jews refused, he would be tortured. Jesus taught not to refuse, when under duress or else the Jews would suffer. And therefore, he recommended an extra mile. In other words he was like Gandhi, who encouraged non-violence to defeat his adversary, the British Raj.
That is why Gandhi said, "I like your Christ but I don't like you Christians."
Imagine that you were a Jew back then and had done that, the Roman might have pitied you after his conscience, if any, pricked him.
He taught people to settle disputes, instead of losing their pants. And he encouraged charity, taking care of widows and orphans, etc.
The one I like most is "Don't worry!", which Qur'aan also teaches us, for worrying gets you no where.
That is what he came for and that is what he was sent for.
If you wish to learn more, please ask questions.
God is not a Jihad as Muhammad claims God is.

The God of the Bible is Love!
Jesus came to express Gods love to mankind.
How did Jesus do that?
Jesus did that by showing the way to God is by faith in God and Gods Grace.

What does that mean?
It mean we trust God and love enough to allow God to come and live in our heart and mind and allow God to guide our lives.

It opens up to us a living relationship between you and God.
God is no longer a person that sits on a throne outside of time and space.
But rather a living God that lives inside your heart and mind guiding you to do His Will on earth.

It means we are not condemned by the law for our sins, but rather we are saved by the grace of Gods love for us.

It means we are not forced to do goods deeds to account against our sins.
Its not how many good deeds we do that is going weigh yo against our sins, but rather it is our faith, love, and trust in God guiding us through this life into the next life.

Our good deeds that we do are inspired by our love for God in obeying his commandment to love God, and our neighbor as we love our selves.

Because God is guiding us we have a personal relationship with God.

That is what Jesus accomplished in his teaching of His Gospels.
Jesus taught us in the NT Bible that our needs in this life are fulfilled by our faith, trust, and love for God and our personal relationship with God.
News

New York, NY

#191355 Oct 8, 2013
This is what is in the Epistolic section of the Bible what St. Paul said:

Romans 1:9

9 God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you

(If he invented gospel, why would he say the above, becase 4 gospels were alreay available to Christians of his time and Christians and conerts were using them as their holy scripture)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug 14 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug 7 Trump Rules Zippy 9
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul '17 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul '17 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun '17 just sayin 3
More from around the web