Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Read more: The Brussels Journal 216,590

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more
Eric

Elk Grove Village, IL

#191164 Oct 6, 2013
Oh, and once again, there is nothing off topic on this thread. Anyone can post anything they want. If you don't want to respond, don't. I ignore stuff all the time.
Eric

Elk Grove Village, IL

#191165 Oct 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Seeker
After finishing these seven clear examples from OT books (though there could be many more, but that many shall suffice any enquiring mind), I move on to NT books and show that Jesus also foretold about our prophet.
Wait, there are still questions outstanding from the Tanakh to which you have not responded. This is not a one way debate. We can't go on to the New Testament while questions are unanswered.

So, let's discuss the requirement from Isaiah (whom you have quoted with approval) that the final prophet be of the seed of David and the shoot of Jesse. Does Muhammad fulfill these requirements?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#191166 Oct 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing you hammer is your ignorance!
Your answers to my posting is based on ignorance.
You have never proven your accusations that Jesus is not the Son of God nor have you ever proven that the teaching of Jesus in the NT to be false.
And you have never proven that the Quran is from God.

Nor have you ever proven that Muhammad is a prophet from God.
We have already proved that Jesus is not the son of God. If he were, he would have said, "I am the son of God" and his people would have killed him straight away.

I don't have to prove that. Just read Qur'aan and you would know that it is from God. And any one, who reads the New Testament knows that it is not from God at all. People already know that men wrote it long, long, long after Jesus was gone.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#191167 Oct 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
Oh, and once again, there is nothing off topic on this thread. Anyone can post anything they want. If you don't want to respond, don't. I ignore stuff all the time.
Just dont ask me to spread our kidney stone discussion on this thread as well. Enough is enough.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#191168 Oct 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
All that I did was to quote from a Jewish source and ask why they did not translate only that part of that verse while they translated the rest of the entire chapter. And I know you read what I actually asked correctly the first time.
<quoted text>
My research has not found what you have posted.
<quoted text>
Your last point was not clearly stated at all.
Well Seeker then you should have understood that most people like Alex also, jump to the conclusion that this story did not allready happen in the past but is for some weird reason foretelling the coming of a failed messiah.(he did not deliver, nor was it the intent to fullfill all the obligations)So to avoid all the nonsense modern translations are obviously making it clear where the appellative clause begins, and as such not translating it.

I also pointed out that you would first need to understand grammar...the use of the revolving vav in particular...so as to understand.

So i gave you various languages and translations (what are you whining about? If your versio does not give it then i gave a plausible explanation, but it's up to you to ontinue your search).
My preference when reading it as a sentence is that the little prince born then would encorporate all the hope and expectations of the people and with the help of g-d accomplish them.

The other option is simply a recitation of what people will call the then newborn messiah.
Envisage a war devestated landscape and people captive, a tired mom and some old dude jumping up and down in elation.

Mind messiahs come a dime a dozen, but are only THE deliverer when accomplishing all.
Failure means to be forgotten.

All kings are annointed and supposed to work on what is expected of them. Are thus 'messiahsingen' along.

bmz

Singapore

#191169 Oct 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked if I could confirm or deny something that was alleged to have been said by the priests. Confirm or deny require actual knowledge and not belief. You have changed the question to "believe". A whole different ball game. I am on record that I believe very little of what is recorded in the New Testament because it was written under the direction of Constantine who asked the scribes to alter its composition.
<quoted text>

And that is why neither is the final prophet. Thank you very much.
No worries, Eric

By the way, who was that prophet mentioned in Deut 18, who was sent to the Hebrews or the Jews? Can you please tell us his name?

I ask this because I have not seen anyone like Moses in the Tanakh.

Note: I am neither talking about Muhammad nor Jesus.
Eric

Elk Grove Village, IL

#191170 Oct 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Just dont ask me to spread our kidney stone discussion on this thread as well. Enough is enough.
You will note that I have stayed well away from that discussion.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191171 Oct 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Qur'aan, Gabriel and Michael are the angels of the one LORD Almighty God Allah.
Angels are not Jinns.
The messengers, who went to Lot, were angels. They went in human form. They were not Jinns.
Satan was from the community of Jinns.
Show me scripture from the Quran that says what you are saying?
Produce the scripture from the Quran to verify what you say?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#191172 Oct 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You will note that I have stayed well away from that discussion.
I did.

Dont worry, I think its over

Next month's topic: urinary incontinence (just kidding)

Location hidden

#191173 Oct 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We have already proved that Jesus is not the son of God. If he were, he would have said, "I am the son of God" and his people would have killed him straight away.
I don't have to prove that. Just read Qur'aan and you would know that it is from God. And any one, who reads the New Testament knows that it is not from God at all. People already know that men wrote it long, long, long after Jesus was gone.
You have not produced any scripture where Jesus says "I am not the Son of of God don't worship Me"
All you produce is your own thoughts.
Show me Scripture where Jesus claims He is not the Son of God and says don't worship Me?

bmz

Singapore

#191174 Oct 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
lol!

Greetings, Frijoles

bmz

Singapore

#191175 Oct 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Show me scripture from the Quran that says what you are saying?

Produce the scripture from the Quran to verify what you say?
I can show you;

2:98 and 11:77-83

Now, Question time:

Show us from your scriptures that Jesus said:

1. I am the son of God.

2. I am God in flesh.

3. I am God-incarnate.

4. I am the Mighty God.

5. I am the Wonderful Counselor.

6. I am the Everlasting Father.

7. I am the Prince of Peace

You do not have to answer item 7, as we are fully aware that he did not come for peace.

bmz

Singapore

#191176 Oct 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You have not produced any scripture where Jesus says "I am not the Son of of God don't worship Me"

All you produce is your own thoughts.

Show me Scripture where Jesus claims He is not the Son of God and says don't worship Me?
I don't have to.

The truth was always unknown to the Satanic Church fathers, and It was not recorded. That is why the true sayings of Jesus were never found.

Location hidden

#191177 Oct 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Seeker
After finishing these seven clear examples from OT books (though there could be many more, but that many shall suffice any enquiring mind), I move on to NT books and show that Jesus also foretold about our prophet.
Jesus mostly spoke in parables, so except for the "Comforter" prophesy, we find that these verses are not very direct.
But Jesus warned his people again and again that they will loose their "chosen people status" and this title shall be given to others.
In our times, many people think that Jesus meant Roman Empire and that Roman people by accepting Christianity fulfilled Jesus' prophesy.
But this argument is not very correct, the Pauline Christianity which was embraced by Roman people was not what Jesus was preaching all his life.
The beliefs, the Dogmas, the terminology of Pauline Church was all stranger to what language and what terms jesus was using. And Romans were educated people and that is not what Jesus meant in his parables.
We will go ahead with these prophesies till we go the "Major One" i.e. Comforter of John 14 to Ch 16, like we did for Deut. 18:18.
Eighth Prophesy: Kingdom of God
(...)(Mat. 13-33).
These verses indicate, how the kingdom of heaven shall start, from one man, who will start and then it will spread very fast, till it covers the whole world.
And that is what Jesus mentioned in Mat 31 V 43 Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of heaven shall be taken from you and will be given to a people who will yield the harvest
This also shows that a new set of people shall replace Jews.
Whereas in the case of our prophet, the Kingdom of heaven was physically established on earth and Muslims are no longer waiting for Kingdom of heaven to comewhat they are waiting for is the Last day and Judgment day!!
Any Comments Please?
Both quraan and gospel are written as inspired books i.e. to further a certain point of view and ideology.
They therefore contradict hebrew writing.
Well no problem...christians and muslims will change the translation and interpretation and history just to make it work for them.
No integrity whatsoever.

MUQ's views are mainly based on the spurious Barnabas gospel.
And a lack of understanding the revolving vav.:)
Peter in aramaic would just be stone. Peter in hebrew would mean stumbling stone...sofar Peter and Paul on the Damascusroad.

What i see is the need to create a gap, to fit a new materialistic rule...declaring the g-d and his jewish people and land dead in order to usurp.
And for what?
Instead of reading and understanding the proper hebrew and g-ds intention to make the world a happy place they both go for total destruction.
Though both faiths should be aware that the church only included 'judgementday' because it was the only text that equated god with jesus!
And it was only included after a fierce discussion about all the heathen imagery and mythical content NOT being of the new intended ideology.

I see how you MUQ are bringing the comforter afore again!
As has been pointed out: you can either have a SPIRIT (healing-holy or otherwise inspiration), an AHMED that more than 150 years later became MOHAMMED or you have A MESSIAH.
All three fit into that one spot gives you the same trouble with the trinity present in the quraan as do catholics with the notion of their trinity.

So otherwise you would have had Allah, Jesus and the spirit.
But since the choice (arian faith) was made to go for AHMED as MOHAMMED we end up with the latter taking the position of comforter.

Apropos 'son of god' was only applicable in the world then as applying to post-Ceasar 45BC installing the god-emperor idea.
Rome could from that time have a father-god and a son of god.

The other mistake is the origin, not using hebrew but aramaic: sons of governors=Giants=chet/hittite. Various interpreted also as 'angels'.
A son of god will not be found in the hebrew text.

Isaiah ditto. Has nothing to do with any content of christianity or islam. Again anachronism.
sergey ivanovich

Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia

#191178 Oct 6, 2013
decieved but saved jesus
sergey ivanovich

Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia

#191179 Oct 6, 2013
why is it 1 multiplied? please explain

Location hidden

#191180 Oct 6, 2013
Muslims claim that "another comforter" means Ahmad in Arabic, which means "Praised One"; and Muhammad also means "Praise One" hence, Ahmad and Muhammad are synonyms (same meaning).
Hence John 14:16 talks about prophet Muhammad of Islam!

As per me, names given to humans by their elders don't necessary reflect the attributes of that particular human. For example, Shah-Rukh Khan, the superstar of Indian films was named Shah-Rukh by his elders (parents). Shah means king, Rukh means face. Hence, Shah-Rukh means face of the king! But, it doesn't mean that actor Shah-Rukh Khan is the King of some country.

Similarly, Muhammad was so named by his grandfather Abdul-Muttalib. It is his original name. But Ahmad is not the original name of prophet Muhammad. Ahmad is an attribute of prophet Muhammad.

Just like Rashid (guided one), Bashir (bringer of good tidings), Rasul (messenger), Nabi (prophet), Mustafa (chosen one) are attributes of the prophet Muhammad, not original-names. The original name of the prophet Muhammad is Muhammad only, name given by his grandfather.

This is the difference between Muhammad and Ahmad.

But sura 61 verse 6 in the Quran, in a nutshell, says:

Jesus told the children of Israel that, after him, a messenger will come whose name will be Ahmad.

Name in Arabic means "bisma, us muha, I-sma".

Sura 61, verse 6 should have said "a messenger will come after me who will be Ahmad" instead of "whose name will be Ahmad".

in sura 61 verse 6 , "AHMAD" is NOUN (name of a person ) instead of ADJECTIVE ( attribute of the person ) which is exactly opposite to John 14:16 in which PARCLETE -COMFORTER-PRAISED-ONE or AHMAD is ADJECTIVE instead of NOUN

As I explained before, there is a vast difference between formal, official names and attributes, which are taken as names of the concerned human. Muhammad is the former (official name) of the prophet, and Ahmad is the attribute of the prophet, assumed as a name of the prophet.

Or John 14:16 should have said: "and I will pray to God that he will send another comforter whose name will be Praised One or Comforter or Counselor" (Ahmad in Arabic) instead of "and I will pray to God that he will send another comforter".

I would like to understand if John 14:16 really talks about prophet Muhammad.

--
John either talks about the holy spirit=church, a person as messiah or a healer.
The entire discussion also about the proper spelling and meaning of paraclete.
If mohammed is intended islam lacks spirit of god or healing.
Just excluding options here.
Otherwise it did have a trinity in the first place.

Location hidden

#191181 Oct 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I did.
Hi,
We can Always keep it as an option...
talk about spill-over.
sergey ivanovich

Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia

#191182 Oct 6, 2013
so lets get this straight which god is better. the one who decieved the sinners from killing jesus(allah)or the one who deciEved his son jesus so that he can be killed by sinners to die for their sins so they can be saved. couldnt god just forgive everyone instead of sacrificing his son in which the sacrifice is meant for him anyway. it doesnt make sense. tell me if mistaken?

Location hidden

#191183 Oct 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can show you;
2:98 and 11:77-83
Now, Question time:
Show us from your scriptures that Jesus said:
1. I am the son of God.
2. I am God in flesh.
3. I am God-incarnate.
4. I am the Mighty God.
5. I am the Wonderful Counselor.
6. I am the Everlasting Father.
7. I am the Prince of Peace
You do not have to answer item 7, as we are fully aware that he did not come for peace.
2:98 does not say Gabriel and Michael are angels. It says "and his messengers and Gabriel and Muchael.
The Quran identifies the man Muhammad as a messenger from God but
not as and angel from God.
So the Quran established that a messenger from God is a human Being.
Quran 2:98
Sahih International
Whoever is an enemy to Allah and His angels and His messengers and Gabriel and Michael - then indeed, Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers.

The same in Quran 11:77
Sahih International
And when Our messengers,[the angels], came to Lot, he was anguished for them and felt for them great discomfort and said, "This is a trying day."

In the Arabic writing of the Quran [the angels] does not appear in the Arabic words in the Quran.
The words [the angels] are added words that destroy the integrity of the trustfulness of the Quran.

So the English version of the Quran is corrupted and cannot be trusted as the Word of God.
So you have not proven what you say!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 7 hr Patrick n Angela 14,548
No, Easter does NOT have pagan origins Apr 3 Skeptical 1
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Apr 1 cindy mccurry 1
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar 20 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar '15 Belle Sexton 2
News Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb '15 Hammer 4
News 'Monotheism inevitable but wasn't a break with ... Feb '15 Joe W 9
More from around the web