Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190927 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Seeker
I do not understand your "Blow hot and blow cold attitude"
Of course you don't, because you can't even understand my explanations of the mistakes in your behavior and reasoning and I don't even expect you to understand them at this point. Read my last two posts to you again and again and again until you actually absorb exactly what I pointed out about your behavior and reasoning. You respond back as though I never explained anything at all. All the more reason to not even bother with you anymore. Perfect confirmation.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190928 Oct 4, 2013
the mahdi wrote:
Just came back to say this.
The post is to be finished. This is the only place posted. Who knows are here. Its up to you folks to take it to scholors. I am not joking one bit. Who ever is reading this is who knows beside us here. Its not a joke. What is posted is litrally the proof of it being constructed language. I have never met any one in my life who have seen it. Or heard about it. You can sit here and go back in forth with your stupid arguments or you can be part of history.crack a bible. This is like devinchi code, except this is real and is happening to you. THERE IS NOTHING YOU WILL SAY OR DO IN HERE. NOTHING IS BETTER THAN WORKING ON THIS FORMULA. NOTHING.
If you speak heberew or arabic or aramiac using your vowls for the musical notes and the arangments if non of you and scholors unlock it within 7 days , i will be convinced its a retarded world.
I know its hard to discover what you dont know, but not to finish a puzzle already discovered and put in your face is pure retardation. I expect this in the headlines in 7 days.
LOL!!! I think someone needs to consider getting on some meds.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190929 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. SeekerIt is you who have to change your stand "every now and then" calling Jesus, God of Gods, King of Kings and Lord of Lords at one point and then consider him "prophet like Moses" at next instant.
Now I want you to give me the post number where I called Jesus those terms. You are putting words into my mouth, and those words are words that Christians in general say. And you have done this multiple times. My screen name is "Seeker", not "Christians". And your entire approach towards this farce of a debate has been exactly that. You are not debating ME, you are debating Christians in general, whereas I am debating YOU, MUQ himself, not all Muslims and not Muslims in general. I am not a representative for all Christians and you are not a representative for all Muslims, and thank God for Muslims that you are not. And you can't even see the error that you are making.

And this is why you have set this entire debate up under preconceived notions and mapped out exactly how it is going to take place and in which order it is going to take place, which in of itself is a completely illegal, illogical flaw for any debate. I have said this to you before that I have never heard of one of the participants of a debate setting up the rules for the debate and dictating how and when each part will be approached. And you can't even understand the problem with this.

And then you get shocked when your supposed full proof, preconceived method does not actually work and I actually say things that are different than your preconceived plan. And then you just ignore it and carry on as though I have given you the expected answers so that your preconceived plan can continue on just as you designed it in advance. And again, you will not even understand one single thing that I just pointed out and will continue on as though I didn't point anything at all out and as though your plan is progressing just as you expected. If it doesn't fit your preconceived plan, you pretend as though it never even happened at all and continue on as though it never happened.

And you don't even have the faintest idea that you are doing this. That's the worst and most hopeless part. There is no reasoning with you. You just aren't capable of that, and a proper debate cannot be had with someone who does not at least understand the very basics of proper logic and reasoning.

I would be very curious to know exactly what went on inside your head when I pointed out that you made up a rule that says if it means fellow Jews then it should say "from yourselves" in 18:18 and you failed to apply that very same rule that you yourself made up to 17:15. How did your mind tell itself that it is perfectly okay to apply that rule in just the spot you want to and completely ignore it in another spot where the same exact phrase was used? How does your mind not see any problem with this?

And this is just one of many examples, but it is probably the most glaring example. And you continue on as though this is perfectly okay and nobody has pointed out the logical flaw in what you are doing. It absolutely boggles my mind how people can think this way. You obviously have learned the English language pretty well, so how come nobody has ever bothered to teach you the most basic elements of sound logic and reasoning? In the west, things like this are commonly and generally understood. It's common knowledge and common sense and it goes without saying. I cannot understand how the education system you have been through has robbed you of learning the most basic elements of solid reasoning and common sense that people in the west take for granted.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#190930 Oct 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What proof do you have that Allah sent Jesus to the Jews as a prophet from Allah?
If Jesus was just a prophet sent to the Jews by Allah, what was the message given to Jesus by Allah to give to the Jews?
And secondly why is Jesus message from Allah to the Jews not recorded in the Jewish Holy Scriptures since the Quran claims Jesus was not the last and final prophet?
In all of the Jewish Holy Scriptures the message of a prophet sent to the Jews by Allah is recorded in their Holy Scriptures, but there is no message from Allah given by Jesus to the Jews recorded in the Jewish Holy Scriptures.
So how can the Quran claim that Allah sent Jesus the Messiah an anointed prophet by Allah to the Jews when the Jews have no record of Allah sending a prophet named Jesus recorded in their Jewish Holy Scriptures?
Do you KNOW what is our topic of discussion?

Do you KNOW what are you talking about?

I have absolutely no idea what is your post and why and how I should answer it?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#190931 Oct 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What proof do you have that Allah sent Jesus to the Jews as a prophet from Allah?
If Jesus was just a prophet sent to the Jews by Allah, what was the message given to Jesus by Allah to give to the Jews?
And secondly why is Jesus message from Allah to the Jews not recorded in the Jewish Holy Scriptures since the Quran claims Jesus was not the last and final prophet?
In all of the Jewish Holy Scriptures the message of a prophet sent to the Jews by Allah is recorded in their Holy Scriptures, but there is no message from Allah given by Jesus to the Jews recorded in the Jewish Holy Scriptures.
So how can the Quran claim that Allah sent Jesus the Messiah an anointed prophet by Allah to the Jews when the Jews have no record of Allah sending a prophet named Jesus recorded in their Jewish Holy Scriptures?
Qur'aan came 600 plus years after Jesus had turned to dust and bones. Qur'aan refers to a past event and clarified that Jesus s/o Mary was nothing more than a messenger of God.

Jesus was sent long after the Jews had their Scripture. That is why Jews did not believe him.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#190932 Oct 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
01. Now I want you to give me the post number where I called Jesus those terms. You are putting words into my mouth,

02. My screen name is "Seeker", not "Christians". And your entire approach towards this farce of a debate has been exactly that...

03. And this is why you have set this entire debate up under preconceived notions and mapped out exactly ..

04. And then you get shocked when your supposed full proof, preconceived method does not actually work and I actually say things that are different than your preconceived plan...

05. And you don't even have the faintest idea that you are doing this. That's the worst and most hopeless part. There is no reasoning with you...

06. I would be very curious to know exactly what went on inside your head when I pointed out that you made up a rule that says if it means fellow ..

07. And this is just one of many examples, but it is probably the most glaring example...

08. In the west, things like this are ..
Ans.

Mr. Seeker

Thanks for your Tantrum filled post, please count how many names you have called me names and doubted even my education system.

May be that is how western people conduct debate and discussion.

Now coming to post “short answers” to your long post.

01. Look at Isaiah 9:6 and what words are used for “Jesus” there? Did you not used that “anytimes” in your post?

02. We are not conducting this debate as MUQ and Seeker, we also have a link with our faith. Me as a Muslim and you as a Christian. I mention Islamic and Christian position and you write back criticizing it.

03. I started this debate in a very logical way, step by step, asking what is prophesy, who makes it, how they are interpreted.

Then I asked you for a few examples about Jesus being prophesized in OT books, your first two examples were so “off target” that you seem to lost all interest in the discussion.

3A. First you said that “jesus in OT” is not part of our discussion and when I started discussing our prophet, you had “lost all interest” in the discussion.

04. I am yet to see “foolproof” response from you that will cut thru my “fool proof” arguments, so let us set these subjective views aside.

05. Calling me names, so I will leave that aside.

06. You are just having a “fixation” about Deut. 17:15, and every thing is “looped back” to that verse, get out of it, is what I can say.

7 & 8: just throwing tantrums…

My advice to you my Dear Brother is to grow up and leave that angered and hurt look.

You are a grown up man I presume and you should act like one.

We have covered all parts of Deut. 18:18 except “conclusion”…. That I will provide Inshallah in my next post.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#190933 Oct 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'aan came 600 plus years after Jesus had turned to dust and bones. Qur'aan refers to a past event and clarified that Jesus s/o Mary was nothing more than a messenger of God.
Jesus was sent long after the Jews had their Scripture. That is why Jews did not believe him.
Quran uses the same phrase "Jesus was not but a prophet of God and many (prophets) went before him...."

And about prophet Mohammad "Muhammad is no more than a prophet, many prophets went before him, if he dies or killed in battle field, will you (O Muslims" turn on your back?....."

See how Quran places, Moses, Jesus, Mohammad and all prophets on the same level?

Who else can do it but Allah the Creator and Sustainer of this Universe?

Who Wrote Quran? Are people still in doubt?

May Allah's peace and mercy be on to all His prophets and messengers. Amen.

Salaam

MUQ

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#190934 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you KNOW what is our topic of discussion?
Do you KNOW what are you talking about?
I have absolutely no idea what is your post and why and how I should answer it?
If Jesus is just a prophet as the Quran claims then the New Testament Bible does not exist and There is no Christianity religion.

The Jews would have a recorded message of Jesus message to them in their Holy Scriptures.
The Jews have no such message from Jesus in their Holy Scriptures.

The Quran it self would have a full revelation of Jesus message to the Jews from Gabriel given to Muhammad and written in the Quran.

But there is no such revelation from Gabriel of Jesus message to the Jews given to Muhammad and written in the Quran.

So where is the revelation from Gabriel to Muhammad of the Message Jesus was sent to gave to the Jews in the Quran?

Location hidden

#190935 Oct 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
But the events in the past concerning Jesus in the NT didn't happen because the Quran says Jesus was just a prophet.

If Jesus is just a prophet as the Quran claims then the New Testament Bible does not exist and There is no Christianity religion.

For Allah anointed Jesus as a Messiah prophet and sent Jesus to the Jews.
So there should not be any mention of the Jews wanting to crucify Jesus in the Quran.

So Muslims have a problem!

The Jews would have a recorded message of Jesus message to them in their Holy Scriptures.

The Quran it self would have a full revelation of Jesus message to the Jews from Gabriel given to Muhammad and written in the Quran.

But there is no such revelation from Gabriel of Jesus message to the Jews given to Muhammad and written in the Quran.

So where is the revelation from Gabriel to Muhammad of the Message Jesus was sent to gave to the Jews in the Quran?
bmz

Location hidden

#190936 Oct 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:

Indeed!

Know ye that even the Christian God known as Trinity does not exist.

That is why we wish to tell you that Christianity is not a religion and the New Testament is no Scripture.

Thank you very much.
bmz

Location hidden

#190937 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran uses the same phrase "Jesus was not but a prophet of God and many (prophets) went before him...."

And about prophet Mohammad "Muhammad is no more than a prophet, many prophets went before him, if he dies or killed in battle field, will you (O Muslims" turn on your back?....."

See how Quran places, Moses, Jesus, Mohammad and all prophets on the same level?

Salaam

MUQ
Yes, MUQ and not only that but the verses continues to stress that the mother and the son ate food.

This was to debunk the lie that they were Gods or Jesus was God.

And still Christians remain deluded.

Salaams
BMZ
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#190938 Oct 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>If Jesus is just a prophet as the Quran claims then the New Testament Bible does not exist and There is no Christianity religion.
Thanks for bringing that up!!

And you actually gave your answer!!
According to Quran, there is no Judaism, No Christianity, no Hindusim, No Buddhism, etc.

Every prophet taught nothing but Islam to their followers!!
All these names are their follower's own concoction and their prophets have no role in these names.

I am more than sure that Jesus never ever heard the word "Christianity" during his entire life on this earth....why are you so sure that he will recognize it when he returns back to earth, towards the end of time.

He did hear the name Islam, which is very close to "Shalom" (i.e. peace) which he spoke very often.

Not very often, but some times truth just slips out of your posts!!

Thanks for your "slip"!!

Location hidden

#190939 Oct 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed!
Know ye that even the Christian God known as Trinity does not exist.
That is why we wish to tell you that Christianity is not a religion and the New Testament is no Scripture.
Thank you very much.
You do not get it!
The Quran is based on the existence of the NT bible and that is a no no because if Jesus was just a prophet there is no NT Bible.
Yet the Quran mentions the Trinity and the teachings of Jesus from the NT Bible.

The fact that the Quran forbids Muslims to accept Jesus as the Son of God proves that Muhammad was no prophet at all.

The fact that Jesus founded the Christian religion proves the whole religion of Islam is a fake religion founded by the pagan desert bandit Muhammad!

Muslims Murder millions of Christians for the lie of Muhammad!

Muslims are insane people!
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#190940 Oct 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, MUQ and not only that but the verses continues to stress that the mother and the son ate food.
This was to debunk the lie that they were Gods or Jesus was God.
And still Christians remain deluded.
Salaams
BMZ
You are very right brother BMZ.

Quran does say that "Both Mother and Son ate food" (implying that they also had "call of nature" and no God of this Universe shall have "call of nature").....yes that is undeniable proof that they were humans.

Most Christians (Like our Hindu friends in India), do not have any idea what they "mean" when they say Jesus is God?

If they say it with "small g" and say Jesus is "a god", we can understand it.

But Pauline Christianity is always talking in Gibberish, using language that sounds magnificent. but means nothing.

Salaams

MUQ

Location hidden

#190941 Oct 4, 2013
Muslims follow the pagan desert bandit Muhammad and murder millions of Christians and non-Muslims for the lie of Muhammad!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190942 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Mr. Seeker
Thanks for your Tantrum filled post, please count how many names you have called me names and doubted even my education system.
I did, and it's the truth.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
May be that is how western people conduct debate and discussion.
It is how ANY logical person conducts a debate.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now coming to post “short answers” to your long post.
01. Look at Isaiah 9:6 and what words are used for “Jesus” there? Did you not used that “anytimes” in your post?
Those are not the words you said. Go back and look at your post. And I did not even say the words in Isiah, I quoted them.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
02. We are not conducting this debate as MUQ and Seeker, we also have a link with our faith. Me as a Muslim and you as a Christian. I mention Islamic and Christian position and you write back criticizing it.
I criticize how you make up arbitrary rules and then even worse, refuse to apply these made up rules consistently. I really, really, really want to know how your mind could possibly think it is okay to make up a rule for 18:18 that says if it meant fellow Jews then it should have said "from yourselves" and then completely ignored applying that same exact rule to 17:15. I want to know how your mind could have possibly thought thst this is perfectly okay to do that. I seriously cannot understand how you can possibly think the way you do and have no ability to recognized the skewed, logical errors you are making. And this is now the third time I have raised this blatant error of yours and you continually refuse to answer for it and pretend as though I never even pointed it out. This is why debate with you is nothing but a senseless exercise. You answer what you feel like, and ignore what you feel like. That is not the way a debate works.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
03. I started this debate in a very logical way, step by step, asking what is prophesy, who makes it, how they are interpreted.
You started the entire debate by dictating the terms and dictating the order that it will be conducted in, and this is all designed to make this come out in a favorable manner for you. This is what Attorneys do to witnesses. They control what will be asked, in what order the questions will be asked, and they even try to control or limit how a witness can respond and it is all designed so that the witness says what the Attorney needs them to say so that it looks like the Attorney has made his point. But you are not an Attorney and I am not a witness, we are supposed to be two equal people participating in a debate. And I don't even know why I am explaining this to you because I am fully convinced at this point that you simply have no understanding of the basics of solid logic and reasoning, so I might as well be talking to the wind. This shouldn't even have to be explained.

Location hidden

#190943 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam
MUQ
Muslims follow the pagan desert bandit Muhammad and murder millions of Christians and non-Muslims for the lie of Muhammad!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#190944 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam
MUQ
rabbee: don't see how you can place, any two prophets on the same level as Moshe, let alone Noach or any other. and none of those Prophets, are on the same level as Adam or adam. but all The-Prophets, in TheTorah are of the highest Order.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190945 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I asked you for a few examples about Jesus being prophesized in OT books, your first two examples were so “off target” that you seem to lost all interest in the discussion.
You did not prove them off target at all. You just said that they must have taken place during the time of Isaiah, but there is nothing specific in those verses that say any such thing. There is nothing that says when these prophecies were to take place. And then, you just try to move on as if the point has been settled when it was never settled at all. And worst of all, you purposefully ignored the second part of Isaiah 9:6 and only talked about the first part. You didn't even address the second part until I asked you to. Now you saw the second part and you purposefully ignored it at first. This is willful and skewed cheating. And speaking of examples, I have stupidly let you control this entire process, where I have to do what you ask in the order that you ask, and then when I asked for one simple thing, you side stepped it and refused to give it. You said that you think that Jesus was prophecized many many times in the OT, and yet when I asked you for a couple of examples, you refused to give these. So it looks like I have to cooperate with your plan and your requests in the order that you deem, and you don't have to cooperate with anything that I ask for, not even one simple thing. And somehow, in your twisted mind, this all works out as fair to you. Unbelievable.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
3A. First you said that “jesus in OT” is not part of our discussion
It isn't, but YOU INSISTED on making it a part of it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
and when I started discussing our prophet, you had “lost all interest” in the discussion.
Because we spent so much time talking about Jesus and I never even signed up for that. What part can't you understand? What is so difficult for you to understand?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
04. I am yet to see “foolproof” response from you that will cut thru my “fool proof” arguments, so let us set these subjective views aside.
Subjective? I am the one who uses the scriptures, and you just make up whatever you want. In the case of defining what "like Moses" means, I used the scriptures themselves to come up with a criteria for comparison, you just invented whatever criteria you thought would suit your argument. So don't put me in the same category as you of being "subjective". Don't even try to pull that stunt and sweep things under the rug as it will not work.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>17:15, and every thing is “looped back” to that verse, get out of it, is what I can say.
In any book that anybody reads, if the person is not sure what a phrase or term means, they consult other areas of the same book to get a better understanding of what the author means when he uses that term. And the closer the two instances are, the better. And in this case, they are only a mere 20 or so verses away from each other. This goes with ANY book about ANY subject. Why do you think that when IBN Kathir created his tafsir for the Quran, he would give a meaning to the verse by quoting other verses where the same thing is mentioned as his substantiation for his interpretation? That's the way it is done, and he was correct for doing that. He was logical and well studied. You are not. Get it? Get it? Of course you don't and this is why I don't want to continue.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190946 Oct 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for bringing that up!!
And you actually gave your answer!!
According to Quran, there is no Judaism, No Christianity, no Hindusim, No Buddhism, etc.
Every prophet taught nothing but Islam to their followers!!
And the possibility that Muhammad made that up so that he could make himself out to be a prophet never even remotely occurs to you? Not even a little bit? That is completely impossible in your mind? Absolutely amazing. Why is the Quran right? Because Muhammad said so. Why is Muhammad right? Because the Quran says so. So why is the Quran right? Because Muhammad said so. So why is Muhammad right? Because the Quran says so.

I'm going to create my own book and I am going to reshuffle the rules so that I can make myself out to be a prophet. And when you ask me why you should believe that I am a Prophet, I will tell you that I am one because this book I am creating says so. And if you ask me for a miracle as proof, I will use the excuse that even if I performed a miracle you still wouldn't believe me anyway, so I will not show you a miracle. And then I will say that if you keep asking me for one, and still don't believe me, you are going to hell.

Doesn't that sound pretty ridiculous of me to say? Doesn't it sound ridiculous if I do things like this? Of course it does. Should you be suspicious of my claim? Of course you should, anybody should. Is my claim really much different than Muhammad's? I don't think so at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul 16 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul 14 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Jul 8 Zipp 3
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 7 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun 30 just sayin 3
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May '17 John 14,736
More from around the web