Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
179,701 - 179,720 of 201,173 Comments Last updated 46 min ago
MUQ

Lucknow, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The question is MUQ why did the Jews reject Muhammad?
The answer is simple, why Most Jews rejected Jesus, add the same answer with their "built-in" hatred for Ishmael and his progeny.4625
MUQ

Lucknow, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
How many TRIBES were with Moses in the desert? The answer is 12. Each TRIBE reflected one of the BROTHERS; i.e., sons of Jacob. Since there are 12 Tribes, the prophet will come from one of the brethren; i.e., TRIBES. S/he can't come from all 12 tribes. No where in the Chapter does it refer to Jews.

Moses was not technically a Jew. Moses was a Levite. We later find out that the prophet will be of the Tribe of Judah, seed of Jesse. Isaiah 9. Is Muhammad of the seed of Jesse?
Ans.

When all the 12 Jewish tribes were in front of Moses. The “correct way of address” would be “from you” and not “From Your Brethren”.

The word “Brethren” itself creates a doubt in the minds of listeners.

And I think that in order to maintain the imminent position of Moses amongst Jews, it would be “More advisable” if the prophet like Moses should be from some one, who is not Jew but very closely related to them.

Whether Moses was “technically” a Jew or not, I leave it to Jews themselves.

Then it would be very easy to accept another “Non Technical Jew” as the Final prophet.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Mr. Seeker

I am trying to condense the debate and you are trying to expand it.

Do you think we never end this discussion.

I did not use the word “Prophet” in Deut. 18:18, I did not translate the manuscript from Hebrew to English.

I do not know what you mean “By conclusive”?

Our Prophet is “generally recognized” as Prophet which is his Universal Title.

His life, personality and achievements were more like Moses and Jesus had.

He was the Lawgiver after Moses. No other Law giver arose in Jews after Moses.

Jesus himself was not a law giver, only a reformer and reviewer of Mosaic laws.

And our prophet did came for progeny of Ishmael, which was related to Jews thru Isaac.

This is such a straightforward similarity, that unless someone is of “crooked mind and reasoning” would recognize it immediately.

Please desist from your habit of unnecessarily trying to say some thing again and again.

Let is move to next topic “I shall put my words in his mouth”…

Shall we?

I am visualizing that when we reach the “comforter part” you would again “loose” all interest in the debate and say, I am dictating my terms on you.
Abraham

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

No-Dubt wrote:
<quoted text>
I really petty you that you nick name of ibraham while you don't know any thing about him
Muslim don't worship rock stupid
This rock fall from sky ( god send it to ibraham
While he was building alkaba he put it there
It doesn't mean jews pray in alaqsa that they worship alaqsa
There was foreign man learned arabic in algeria and he ware muslim clothes went to Macca in order to steal black stone and prove for Muslim are laying about it
When he take little part from black stone to study it
He went back to his country
And he discovered it is rock fallen from sky and it is not normal rock and he convert islam but his wife didnt
He found that black stone is consist of different color
It consist of white ve red color
When he die his wife ruin all his books but his book pilgrim to Macca
Later I will add pictures
Seems like Muslims are the idiots here for circling around the black rock in Kaaba.
If you do not worship, why you show reverance to a black rock in pagan kaba?
Your bull sh it story of falling from sky has no bassis.
Show in Quran where Allah says, circle around a stone that looks like woman's private part which I'll send from the sky.
Show that from Quran of Hadith.
Making up and believeing in stories will not save you in afterlife. Be very afraid.
Eric

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
When all the 12 Jewish tribes were in front of Moses. The “correct way of address” would be “from you” and not “From Your Brethren”.
The word “Brethren” itself creates a doubt in the minds of listeners.
And I think that in order to maintain the imminent position of Moses amongst Jews, it would be “More advisable” if the prophet like Moses should be from some one, who is not Jew but very closely related to them.
Whether Moses was “technically” a Jew or not, I leave it to Jews themselves.
Then it would be very easy to accept another “Non Technical Jew” as the Final prophet.
Is Muhammad of the seed of Jesse. Isaiah 9
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

the mahdi wrote:
To abraham.
1. Weather the koran or the ot is correct, dont even matter once you understand whats comming.
2. Oh sure koranic jesus is wrong and you are correct.
3. Sure you the obssesed is the semite because you said so. Lol
4. Only this shows your ignorance. Lol.
Be very afraid. You offer nothing but insults, you are a looser, a wana be. Some one among those who will be humiliated. Lol
rabbee: G-D does not need, a transistor radio to talk to anyone.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

No-Dubt wrote:
<quoted text>
First person in earth called ibraham was prophet
Fist person in earth called jesus was jesus
.......... etc
First person in earth called Muhammad was prophet
You and the rest nation come after those prophet
So you are not first that mean you copying from them
rabbee: no! the first persons on earth, has always been Noach, His Family, and whoever are the talking 144,000 critters. it has always been this way, here in TheTorah. just as it shall be here again, in TheTorah again.
The mahdi

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: G-D does not need, a transistor radio to talk to anyone.
The seed of jesse.? read carefully. what fallows is what you are going to learn in universitys in the future.

there is no race called jew. it exist in the mind of the retard.
there is no arab race. only for the retard

ancient egyptin called one people , the people of god. and there land the land of god. this people and this geographical location is called ethiopia . but ethiopia is not the land of god or the people of god. the people of god are the entire semetic race , jews, arabs, and coptic egyption and only the abyssinian tribe of ethiopia are the semite race.THE WAY CHINA IS CHINA, SEMITE IS SEMITE. SEMITE IS A NATION. A LOST CONFUSED NATION BEEN TAKIN ADVANTAGE OF,BECASUE OF TEHERE IGNORANCE.

this race ,the people of god belived in one god from day one. the day there language was given, was the day they began to belive in one god. they lived on for generations expanding north wards ,west and east words from eden. after generations and after EXODOS they became numerous, what we call the middle east and north africa including the horn of africa is till this day inhabited by semites, culturaly and linguisticaly and religiously. remember even the greeks and the romans told you the people of god live next to the ethiopians. the ethiopians being the african population. who lives next to the african populatins ? the semite race.

the semit race , arabs, abyssinians and jews are all one jews. judiasim was so tough to keep up , it needed a revolution, a reformation, some one who can say its ok to not do this and that. and the only individual alowed to tell the semite race its ok we can change this or that is some one whos job is to monitor the LANGUAGE, THE BOOK OF SECRET. or who is educated on it. becasue the people or god who made this language put people in charge of it, and they have a different book on how to follow the laws, any ways when jesus came he was excepted becasue THEY WERE TIRED . SO things he said made sense and they get to do things they never thought they can do , like boil an egg with his mother,lol .
who were the first person to except jesus ? obviously jEWS, semits, childeren of god.jews who followed jesus were given a new name the nazrite. what history dont tell you is that almost more than half of israel excepted jesus , that is why it fell so quickly , no one left to defend it. this new babtized jews only exceptd jesus as the son of god, a messenger, but never god. this is called orthodox christian. this is the religion the entire midle east ,egypt, and ethiopia excepted.becasue they are jews , and they were not about to give up the old testament. that is why the king of ethiopia never gave up the followers of mohamud to there enemy by saying what they belive in is what we belive in. that is why the koran says never to mess with ethiopia. becasue they are one and the same semetic empire the way america and europe and rome are one and the same.

they contiued to live as jews who belive in one god, and jesus as his new messenger who has lightend up our work load. till they found out that roma , the greatest empire of there time , who they used to do trade with ,has began to belive in 3 god heads.and has come with a new bible. this obviously to a jew, to a semite, to the one who speaks the language of god himself. to the one who god has choosen , is obviously will piss them off, and they will look down on rome. and they did look down on rome. and they conquerd rome. They gave you the gift of the dark ages. we call this ortodox christians or the nazrite Islam.

that is why islam claims the ot has been changed.
that is why islam belives in jesus , becasue they are the nazrites
that is why islam says never to write the koran in other language. becasue they are th jews. and the language of god. is arabic. arabic is heberw. heberew is arabic.

THEY BLOCKED MY COMMENT BOX. LOL

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

The mahdi wrote:
<quoted text>
The seed of jesse.? read carefully. what fallows is what you are going to learn in universitys in the future.
ancient egyptin called one people , the people of god. and there land the land of god. this people and this geographical location is called ethiopia . but ethiopia is not the land of god or the people of god. the people of god are the entire semetic race , jews, arabs, and coptic egyption and only the abyssinian tribe of ethiopia are the semite race.THE WAY CHINA IS CHINA, SEMITE IS SEMITE. SEMITE IS A NATION. A LOST CONFUSED NATION BEEN TAKIN ADVANTAGE OF,BECASUE OF TEHERE IGNORANCE.
this race ,the people of god belived in one god from day one. the day there language was given, was the day they began to belive in one god. they lived on for generations expanding north wards ,west and east words from eden. after generations and after EXODOS they became numerous, what we call the middle east and north africa including the horn of africa is till this day inhabited by semites, culturaly and linguisticaly and religiously. remember even the greeks and the romans told you the people of god live next to the ethiopians. the ethiopians being the african population. who lives next to the african populatins ? the semite race.
the semit race , arabs, abyssinians and jews are all one jews. judiasim was so tough to keep up , it needed a revolution, a reformation, some one who can say its ok to not do this and that. and the only individual alowed to tell the semite race its ok we can change this or that is some one whos job is to monitor the LANGUAGE, THE BOOK OF SECRET. or who is educated on it. becasue the people or god who made this language put people in charge of it, and they have a different book on how to follow the laws, any ways when jesus came he was excepted becasue THEY WERE TIRED . SO things he said made sense and they get to do things they never thought they can do , like boil an egg with his mother,lol .
who were the first person to except jesus ? obviously jEWS, semits, childeren of god.jews who followed jesus were given a new name the nazrite. what history dont tell you is that almost more than half of israel excepted jesus , that is why it fell so quickly , no one left to defend it. this new babtized jews only exceptd jesus as the son of god, a messenger, but never god. this is called orthodox christian. this is the religion the entire midle east ,egypt, and ethiopia excepted.becasue they are jews , and they were not about to give up the old testament. that is why the king of ethiopia never gave up the followers of mohamud to there enemy by saying what they belive in is what we belive in. that is why the koran says never to mess with ethiopia. becasue they are one and the same semetic empire the way america and europe and rome are one and the same.
they contiued to live as jews who belive in one god, and jesus as his new messenger who has lightend up our work load. till they found out that roma , the greatest empire of there time , who they used to do trade with ,has began to belive in 3 god heads.and has come with a new bible. this obviously to a jew, to a semite, to the one who speaks the language of god himself. to the one who god has choosen , is obviously will piss them off, and they will look down on rome. and they did look down on rome. and they conquerd rome. They gave you the gift of the dark ages. we call this ortodox christians or the nazrite Islam.
that is why islam says never to write the koran in other language. becasue they are th jews. and the language of god. is arabic. arabic is heberw. heberew is arabic.
Wrong!
All Orthodox and Catholic Christians believe Jesus is God in the human flesh.
The mahdi

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

to shamma

worng ? ofcoarse i am wrong . you know who is right ? the one who can tell you a history that will make you feel good about your self. i cant make you happy. so i am wrong.

of coarse they do today. but in the begining they did not. if they were the same as catholic they would not be orthodox. orthodox lost there originial way, when islam began to look like a religion , when islam came back from its world tour it was a full fledged religion.

orthodox dont eat pork. islam dont eat pork. but chatolics love pork. you cant even live with out it.

the jew becomes an orthodox. gets mad of the 316 chaladonian concil, becomes a muslim. end of story.
dula

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to have to forgive me as I forgive you. Your reference to early in Genesis led me to believe that you were referring to the travel INTO Egypt. I guess I was supposed to check to find out that you mis-cited the verses--by a whole book.
Dula

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

The mahdi wrote:
to shamma
worng ? ofcoarse i am wrong . you know who is right ? the one who can tell you a history that will make you feel good about your self. i cant make you happy. so i am wrong.
of coarse they do today. but in the begining they did not. if they were the same as catholic they would not be orthodox. orthodox lost there originial way, when islam began to look like a religion , when islam came back from its world tour it was a full fledged religion.
orthodox dont eat pork. islam dont eat pork. but chatolics love pork. you cant even live with out it.
the jew becomes an orthodox. gets mad of the 316 chaladonian concil, becomes a muslim. end of story.
Wrong again!
Orthodox and Catholics eat pork.
In the beginning the Orthodox and Roman Catholic's were the same up till the year 1054.
Their faith is the same in Jesus Christ as God in the flesh still today, except the Orthodox believe that it is the Father that sends the Holy Spirit, while the Roman Catholic Church believes both the Father and the Son sends the Holy Spirit.
The mahdi

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

to shamma

dude you dont know what the fk you talkin about. the only proper ortodox nation is only abyssinia. and abyssinia orthodoxy is called curropted by white people.lol. its correpted they say becasue they belive in judiac tradition. but i say they are correcpted because they forgot what king negashe said to the first hijra people. abyssinia used to be an orthodox nation,and jesus was the profet and god was one. they are the one who would not give up the old testament. they are the one who have more books than you. they dont eat pork. they keep sabath. the version of there christiaity is exactly what you find in the koran. they are the only one who belive in the book of enock , the jew claiment dont belive in the book of enoch , what does that say about there autenticity , why would the abyssinian belive in the book of enock if the real jews did not belive in it , what is it to him , unless the abyssinian is the real soccer player. lol.
but guess who else belive in the book of enock. islam. enock is called "Endris" Endris means the writter. the abyssinian claim Enoch is the one who wrote the history books and the one who teached writting. are you making the connection here my friend . lol.

ask any one . ethiopians dont eat pork. The only beef between abyssinia and islam is the fact that the abyssinians are just like the jews who did not convert to orthodox chritians and remaind a jew, the abyssinian even though islam was all in his favor they remaind orthodox . becasue just like the jew in esrael who saw jesus , the abyssinians saw mohamud. 90% of his army were all abyssinian specifically from the tigrayn tribe. and no there were never no abyssinin slave who sang the first call to prayer. you would need a lots of balls to turn an abyssinian to your slave . specially when mohamud was alive , abyssinia was the home of the empire of the house of shem. no one was going to make no fkin abyssinian sing no fkin song of no fkin prayers. you cant make them do it today let alone during axum.

you my friend is some one who is converted and conqured. becasue of our confusion you are litterally taking a sht on my fkin living room.

pretty soon you will find its non of your buissness. what your people teach you is wrong, is false, you have to learn what you learn so you can keep murdering my people. your dark age is just around the corner . lol.

peace and love. for all . allah is great. and one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

The mahdi wrote:
to shamma
dude you dont know what the fk you talkin about. the only proper ortodox nation is only abyssinia. and abyssinia orthodoxy is called curropted by white people.lol. its correpted they say becasue they belive in judiac tradition. but i say they are correcpted because they forgot what king negashe said to the first hijra people. abyssinia used to be an orthodox nation,and jesus was the profet and god was one. they are the one who would not give up the old testament. they are the one who have more books than you. they dont eat pork. they keep sabath. the version of there christiaity is exactly what you find in the koran. they are the only one who belive in the book of enock , the jew claiment dont belive in the book of enoch , what does that say about there autenticity , why would the abyssinian belive in the book of enock if the real jews did not belive in it , what is it to him , unless the abyssinian is the real soccer player. lol.
but guess who else belive in the book of enock. islam. enock is called "Endris" Endris means the writter. the abyssinian claim Enoch is the one who wrote the history books and the one who teached writting. are you making the connection here my friend . lol.
ask any one . ethiopians dont eat pork. The only beef between abyssinia and islam is the fact that the abyssinians are just like the jews who did not convert to orthodox chritians and remaind a jew, the abyssinian even though islam was all in his favor they remaind orthodox . becasue just like the jew in esrael who saw jesus , the abyssinians saw mohamud. 90% of his army were all abyssinian specifically from the tigrayn tribe. and no there were never no abyssinin slave who sang the first call to prayer. you would need a lots of balls to turn an abyssinian to your slave . specially when mohamud was alive , abyssinia was the home of the empire of the house of shem. no one was going to make no fkin abyssinian sing no fkin song of no fkin prayers. you cant make them do it today let alone during axum.
you my friend is some one who is converted and conqured. becasue of our confusion you are litterally taking a sht on my fkin living room.
pretty soon you will find its non of your buissness. what your people teach you is wrong, is false, you have to learn what you learn so you can keep murdering my people. your dark age is just around the corner . lol.
peace and love. for all . allah is great. and one.
Your time has come and gone.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

The mahdi wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: where do you find the name jesse in your new testament replacement for The Torah?
the mahdi

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

To shamma

Life is a sycle. My time has come again. Lol.
Who the fk is jesse ?

Ps tora means " it was said " when ever our elders tell us stories they almost always begin or end by saying tora. So the torha is not the name of the torah Lol.

Any ways. Dont hate apreciate. You had a good run. Now its your turn to live the darkages the way we are living it.

Dont forget 150 nations who have been tortured with your bullsht and fabricated history.
History repeats its self. Western civilization aint got sht to offer no one. Lol.

Tata
the mahdi

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Helo sons of adam. What happened folks.

No one got sht to say. Or deffend there side. Come on folks, some one please tell us how alah is no god of moses. Lol.

This silence. This lack of the will. Is the sign of your decay . Lol. This is how it starts you just come to a point where u aint got sht to say. U need some one to teach you. A new empire rises. Lol.

Alah is great. He is the god of adam, abraham,moses,jesus,david, the god of the house of shem.

Good night
MUQ

Lucknow, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Muhammad of the seed of Jesse. Isaiah 9
We are discussing about Deut. 18:18 now, not about Isaiah 9.

And IS JESUS the "Seed of Jesse"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

the mahdi wrote:
To shamma
Life is a sycle. My time has come again. Lol.
Who the fk is jesse ?
Ps tora means " it was said " when ever our elders tell us stories they almost always begin or end by saying tora. So the torha is not the name of the torah Lol.
Any ways. Dont hate apreciate. You had a good run. Now its your turn to live the darkages the way we are living it.
Dont forget 150 nations who have been tortured with your bullsht and fabricated history.
History repeats its self. Western civilization aint got sht to offer no one. Lol.
Tata
"A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ THE SON OF DAVID, the son of Abraham: Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers, Judah the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar, Perez the father of Hezron, Hezron the father of Ram, Ram the father of Amminadab, Amminadab the father of Nahshon, Nahshon the father of Salmon, Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab, Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth, Obed the father of Jesse, and Jesse the father of King David. David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah's wife, Solomon the father of Rehoboam, Rehoboam the father of Abijah, Abijah the father of Asa, Asa the father of Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat the father of Jehoram, Jehoram the father of Uzziah, Uzziah the father of Jotham, Jotham the father of Ahaz, Ahaz the father of Hezekiah, Hezekiah the father of Manasseh, Manasseh the father of Amon, Amon the father of Josiah, and Josiah the father of Jeconiah and his brothers at the time of the exile to Babylon. After the exile to Babylon: Jeconiah was the father of Shealtiel, Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel, Zerubbabel the father of Abiud, Abiud the father of Eliakim, Eliakim the father of Azor, Azor the father of Zadok, Zadok the father of Akim, Akim the father of Eliud, Eliud the father of Eleazar, Eleazar the father of Matthan, Matthan the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Christ. This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said,‘Joseph SON OF DAVID, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.’" Matthew 1:1-20

"The angel went to her and said,‘Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.’ Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her,‘Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of HIS FATHER DAVID, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.’‘How will this be,’ Mary asked the angel,‘since I am a virgin?’ The angel answered,‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’" Luke 1:28-35

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
We are discussing about Deut. 18:18 now, not about Isaiah 9.
And IS JESUS the "Seed of Jesse"?
"A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ THE SON OF DAVID, the son of Abraham: Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers, Judah the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar, Perez the father of Hezron, Hezron the father of Ram, Ram the father of Amminadab, Amminadab the father of Nahshon, Nahshon the father of Salmon, Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab, Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth, Obed the father of Jesse, and Jesse the father of King David. David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah's wife, Solomon the father of Rehoboam, Rehoboam the father of Abijah, Abijah the father of Asa, Asa the father of Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat the father of Jehoram, Jehoram the father of Uzziah, Uzziah the father of Jotham, Jotham the father of Ahaz, Ahaz the father of Hezekiah, Hezekiah the father of Manasseh, Manasseh the father of Amon, Amon the father of Josiah, and Josiah the father of Jeconiah and his brothers at the time of the exile to Babylon. After the exile to Babylon: Jeconiah was the father of Shealtiel, Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel, Zerubbabel the father of Abiud, Abiud the father of Eliakim, Eliakim the father of Azor, Azor the father of Zadok, Zadok the father of Akim, Akim the father of Eliud, Eliud the father of Eleazar, Eleazar the father of Matthan, Matthan the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Christ. This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said,‘Joseph SON OF DAVID, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.’" Matthew 1:1-20

"The angel went to her and said,‘Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.’ Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her,‘Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of HIS FATHER DAVID, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.’‘How will this be,’ Mary asked the angel,‘since I am a virgin?’ The angel answered,‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’" Luke 1:28-35

Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli… the son of Mele-a, the son of Menna, the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan, the son of David… the son of Amminadab, the son of Admin, the son of Arni, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah," Luke 3:23, 31, 33 RSV

The words, "as was supposed," suggest that it is Mary's genealogy which is being presented, with Joseph acting as the male representative. This is supported by extrabiblical documents such as the Jewish tractate of the Talmud, Chagigah, where a certain person had a dream in which he saw the punishment of the damned. There, "He saw Mary the daughter of Heli amongst the shades." (John B. Lightfoot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••