Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228310 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#190494 Sep 27, 2013
good news!!! God sent down His child to earth with the MISSION: DIE

only people with intellect below a certain threshold could possibly believe in this childish crap as their core belief
<sigh>
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#190495 Sep 27, 2013
how can a human forgive sins? He is God!
but how can God die on the cross? He is also man!

"truly man, truly God" and "mysteries"
non-sensical doctrines that help them to answer difficulties
and delude them into seeing the "logic" that their three gods are still "one"
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#190496 Sep 27, 2013
"You wish to know My name?
When I am judging I am called Elohim,
when I am waging war I am called El Shaddai,
and when I am merciful I am called Adonai.
Hence, I am that I am, according to My deeds"
- Exodus Rabbah
islam is cancer

Pereira, Colombia

#190497 Sep 27, 2013
Is satan himself!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#190498 Sep 27, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello clever Shamma.
Prove to me that BJ had a Gentile friend who was his right or left hand man! Use you Gospels and find BJ complimenting the Gentiles!
BJ hated Gentiles.
Thank you AGAIN, Shamma!!!!!!!!
Jesus the JEWISH man was truly a worshipper of G-d.
Jesus NEVER asked his people to worship him and it was NOT even an issue, until the crazy mangod worshipping pagans got involved!
BJ the JEWISH MAN (who HATED Gentiles, by referring to them as DOGS and PIGS) was urging his own BLOOD RELATIVES, the Jewish people, to worship THEIR G-d.
BJ the JEWISH man NEVER appointed a SINGLE gentile as his right or even left hand man! All 12 Disciples were NON-Gentiles.
Here is the mother of all questions as far as you are concerned:
WHY the hell DO YOU WORSHIP this JEWISH MAN who is NOT CONNECTED to you IN ANY WAY?
AND.....
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
("Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations")
PS: About your eccentric claims about Jesus establishing "godhead's kingdom on earth and heaven or uniting heaven and earth as one Kingdom of "godhead", THERE IS NO PROOF or ANY DIRECT CLAIM BY JESUS.
Also BJ's apparent death on the cross and his "getting up and RUNNING OFF" has NOTHING to do with defeating Satan!!
BJ lost and Satan won because the world today is full of evidence of Satan's handy work.
BJ didn't take away Satan's power by getting beaten up, spat upon and put on a pole to die like an animal!!
BJ ran off and Satan is in your head making you worship a pagan as your god.
You don't have the brains Alex to want to be saved by the blood shed for you by Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#190499 Sep 27, 2013
uhuh wrote:
"You wish to know My name?
When I am judging I am called Elohim,
when I am waging war I am called El Shaddai,
and when I am merciful I am called Adonai.
Hence, I am that I am, according to My deeds"
- Exodus Rabbah
God just admitted that God is a Trinity.
"I am that I am"

The I AM statements of Jesus

Who do you say Jesus is? Jesus asked this same question to his disciples about what others thought of him and then asked what they thought of him.

Jn.5:37: "And the Father himself, who sent me, has borne witness of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.‘Jesus gives the source of his commission, which is from the Father personally. It is the Fathers voice and form they have not seen, yet Christ has.

Christ who is called the exact image of the invisible Father is the voice that the people heard. He then says that they search the Scriptures in them you think you have eternal life but they testify of me."(v.39) The Son is said to be the eternal life with the Father. Are we to believe the Scriptures testify of only a human being and not God himself? In the end of the discourse Jesus says in vs.46-47 "If you believed Moses you would believe Me; for he wrote about me. But if you don’t believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"

When did Moses write of him? Deut.18:15-19: "The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear, "according to all you desired of the LORD your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying,'Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, nor let me see this great fire anymore, lest I die.' "And the LORD said to me:'What they have spoken is good.'I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.'And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him." Jesus claims to be the prophet Moses spoke of that should listen to. Notice that it says they did not want to hear the voice of the Lord anymore or see his glory in Horeb. Then God says he will put his words in a future prophets mouth if they do not listen to his words, God will require it of him." This very thing Jesus said of himself in Jn.8:24 "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am (He), you will die in your sins."

John 6:51:"I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever;"

John 8:23: And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I AM from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 8:12: Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I AM the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

John 10:9: "I AM the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."

John 10:11: "I AM the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

John 10:36: "do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world,'You are blaspheming,' because I said,'I am the Son of God'?

John 11:25: Jesus said to her, "I AM the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 15:1: "I AM the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

John 19:2: Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, "Do not write,'The King of the Jews,' but,'He said, "I am the King of the Jews."'"

Acts 7:32: Stephen speaking of Moses' encounter at the burning bush "saying,'I am the God of your fathers-- the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' And Moses trembled and dared not look."

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#190500 Sep 27, 2013
Shedding of blood to save another - provided the other can be saved, if at all - is a pagan act. Animal sacrifices and circumcision, too, are pagan customs. A truly heroic person would spill neither his own blood nor the blood of others but would using his incisive power save himself as well as others. This is true greatness.

Location hidden

#190501 Sep 27, 2013
Continued:

Acts 9:5: And he said, "Who are You, Lord?" And the Lord said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads."

The I Am In the Old Testament was whatever man needed. He became, he was his all in all. Jesus in the New Testament uses all the examples to show who He is. He is everything to man and the only way to God.

The most important of all the statements is in John 8:24 after he tells them I am not of this world.
"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am [He], you will die in your sins." ( he is not in the original). He is communicating to them he is the same I AM that Moses met at the burning bush which commissioned him.

Christ's Deity Was questioned many times in different ways, and many times it was Affirmed by both God and man

The IF of Satan- IF Thou art the Son of God command that these stones be made bread" (Matt, 4- 3).

God's Testimony:-This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" (Matt. 3:17 ) Affirmed by God the Father.

The IF Of 'the Jews-'IF You are the Christ, tell us plainly" (John 10: 24).

Christ's Testimony v.25 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me."v.36"I am the Son of God.". Affirmed by Jesus

The IF of the Chief Priests- "If He is the King of Israel, let Him now come down from the cross, and we will believe Him." (Matt 27:42)

Nathanael's Testimony:-"Thou art the Son of God, Thou art the King of Israel" (John 1: 16). Affirmed by a Jew with no guile. Luke 23:38And an inscription also was written over Him in letters of Greek, Latin, and Hebrew: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS

The IF of the passersby-'IF Thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross" (Matt. 27: 40).

The Centurion's Testimony-Truly this was the Son of God" (Matt. 27: 54). Affirmed by a Roman witness

The IF of the Rulers- "Let Him save Himself IF He be the Christ, the chosen of God" (Luke 23: 35).

the Father "If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. John 8:54

the IF of the Pharisee "This man, IF He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner."

Jesus’ testimony But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, John 2:24

Luke 19:10"for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." Affirmed by Jesus

The IF of the high priest -"I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!" (Matt 26:63)

Jesus’ Testimony "It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." Matt 26:64 affirmed by Jesus

The thief’s testimony Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." (Luke 23:42) Affirmed by a criminal put to death.

Why would Satan challenge on his being the Son of God if son only meant his humanity or being a child of God in the general sense like anyone else. It was an assault on His true person who He was before he came to earth. For one to claim specifically to be God's Son was to claim a unique relationship that no one else has. In Jn.5:18, the Jews wanted to kill him because He said God was his Father, making himself equal with God (in nature.) This meant a special relationship that excludes anyone else is able to have. In Jn.10:30 Jesus claimed “I and my Father are one.” In V.33 the Jews pick up stones because they understood this as blasphemy in v.36 Jesus interprets what He meant by saying,“because I said, I am the Son of God.”

Location hidden

#190502 Sep 27, 2013
Continued:

4 TITLES of Son are used in the New Testament:

The Son of Adam- Means he is a man (Son of Man) within the lineage of humanity.

Son of David- Means Jesus is a King a descendent of David being an heir to his throne.

Son of Abraham- Means Jesus is of a Jewish descent.

Son of God –Means Jesus is God just as the Father is God. The phrase "Son of"- is used among the ancients to refer to one who has the same nature as...Son of God, means he has the same nature as God. He was called THE Son of God, being unique one of a kind.
Alex WM

London, UK

#190505 Sep 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Continued:
...Son of David- Means Jesus is a King a descendent of David being an heir to his throne.
Son of Abraham- Means Jesus is of a Jewish descent.....
LOL...!!!
Why are you THIS clueless, Shamma?
Who told you that BJ was a King descendant?
Why didn't he use a throne? Do you know what a throne means?
The Jews REJECTED BJ as having nothing to do with David.
You are making things up with the Church.
Son of Abraham does NOT mean BJ was of a Jewish descent as Abraham was NOT a Jew, you silly Shamma.
You are very silly.
Alex WM

London, UK

#190506 Sep 28, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>RICHARD,
You have a filthy imagination.
Hello filthy warped peasant...!
Who told you that "getting married" is filthy?

Why didn't BJ marry?

OR.....

Was he a married man?

Do you really believe that BJ knew no women?
Men married before 20 those days and all of BJ's private life has been "edited"....

Why?
Alex WM

London, UK

#190507 Sep 28, 2013
Simon wrote:
What scientists think about the quran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sHMtAKL2-Q8XX
lol...
and you are NO scientist.
What do they think about Hinduism?
Alex WM

London, UK

#190508 Sep 28, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Islam is from God? LOL!!!
Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their woman and children taken captive."
Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'
Bukhari:V1B1N6 "Just issue orders to kill every Jew in the country."
Ishaq:551 "Another victim was Huwayrith. He used to insult Muhammad in Mecca. Huwayrith was put to death by Ali. The Messenger ordered Miqyas' assassination only because he had killed an Ansar who had killed his brother by mistake and then became a renegade by rejecting Islam."
Tabari VIII:181 "The Messenger ordered six men and four women to be assassinated. One of these women was Hind, who swore allegiance and became a Muslim."
Ishaq:597 "When the Apostle returned to Medina after his raid on Ta'if, word spread that he had killed some of the men who had satirized and insulted him. The poets who were left spread in all directions."
Warped peasant...
Do you really think that "getting married" is filthy?

Why didn't BJ marry?

Islam is from G-d.
Alex WM

London, UK

#190509 Sep 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Continued:
Acts 9:5: And he said, "Who are You, Lord?" And the Lord said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads."..........
LOL!!!

Why didn't the writers of Genesis call "G-d"..."J-s-s "??????

"In the beginning J-S-S....created the heaven and the earth"....

LOL!

It gets funnier....

This "god J-s-s"...is being persecuted by Paul who is apparently bigger than this "god J-s-s".

Now we know...

Paul is more powerful than Christian "god" and that's why even the christian god admits Paul persecuted him!!!!

What a joke!
Alex WM

London, UK

#190511 Sep 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

John 6:51:"I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever;"
Therefore, you worship a "one-eyed" naked pagan oozing off a phallus seducing you to chew his raw meat [EAT ME as I am your bread made of living (tadpole)water!] and suck off his bodily juices.

Was he the living (tadpole) water pump?
Alex WM

London, UK

#190512 Sep 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have the brains Alex to want to be saved by the blood shed for you by Jesus Christ.
Who told him to shed blood? Did you? How cruel!

If you think Adam messed it up, why didn't your silly "god" kill off defective Adam and his mate and create another NEW species?

******WHY DO DOLPHINS DIE?
******DID THEY SIN TOO?
******WILL YOUR GOD COME AS A DOLPHIN TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF DOLPHINS?
****** STOP BEING A JOKER, SHAMMA.

******All you need to do is to answer a few simple questions...

******Prove to me that BJ had a Gentile friend who was his right or left hand man! Use you Gospels and find BJ complimenting the Gentiles! BJ hated Gentiles.

******Jesus the JEWISH man was truly a worshipper of G-d.

******Jesus NEVER asked his people to worship him and it was NOT even an issue, until the crazy mangod worshipping pagans got involved!

******BJ the JEWISH MAN (who HATED Gentiles, by referring to them as DOGS and PIGS) was urging his own BLOOD RELATIVES, the Jewish people, to worship THEIR G-d.

******BJ the JEWISH man NEVER appointed a SINGLE gentile as his right or even left hand man! All 12 Disciples were NON-Gentiles.
Here is the mother of all questions as far as you are concerned:
WHY the hell DO YOU WORSHIP this JEWISH MAN who is NOT CONNECTED to you IN ANY WAY?

AND.....
******Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
("Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations")

******PS: About your eccentric claims about Jesus establishing "godhead's kingdom on earth and heaven or uniting heaven and earth as one Kingdom of "godhead", THERE IS NO PROOF or ANY DIRECT CLAIM BY JESUS.

******Also BJ's apparent death on the cross and his "getting up and RUNNING OFF" has NOTHING to do with defeating Satan!!

******BJ lost and Satan won because the world today is full of evidence of Satan's handy work.
******BJ didn't take away Satan's power by getting beaten up, spat upon and put on a pole to die like an animal!!
******BJ ran off and Satan is in your head making you worship a pagan as your god.
Alex WM

London, UK

#190513 Sep 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore, you worship a "one-eyed" naked pagan oozing off a phallus seducing you to chew his raw meat [EAT ME as I am your bread made of living (tadpole)water!] and suck off his bodily juices.
Was he the living (tadpole) water pump?
Eat my "bread" that pumps living tadpole water.

Location hidden

#190514 Sep 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...!!!
Why are you THIS clueless, Shamma?
Who told you that BJ was a King descendant?
Why didn't he use a throne? Do you know what a throne means?
The Jews REJECTED BJ as having nothing to do with David.
You are making things up with the Church.
Son of Abraham does NOT mean BJ was of a Jewish descent as Abraham was NOT a Jew, you silly Shamma.
You are very silly.
Muhammad's Quran promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims Alex, and you are an example of that insanity!
Look around you Alex, look at all the insane Muslims going around in the world creating widows and orphans created by the insane laws of Muhammad's Sharia laws.
Show me one law that Jesus gave that creates widows and orphans as does the laws Muhammad instituted in his Muslim religion to kill the infidels?

You talk with an insane mind Alex, while Jesus talks with a sane mind of bringing Salvation to the souls of mankind.

God created us in His own image male and female God created us in His image of Himself.

God instituted Marriage to show us Gods nature.

Marriage between a man and a woman was instituted by God with Adam and Eve. Genesis 2:24 states: "Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh."

In Matthew 19:4-5, Jesus reaffirms this: "He answered,‘Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female,’ and said,‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one’?"

Look at how Muhammad distorted Gods nature by having 12 or more wives.
In other words Muhammad by his example claims God has the nature of 1 man and 12 women.
That shows Muhammad was insane Alex, just like you are talking insanely!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190515 Sep 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Seeker
Do you think by posting such a long post would strengthen your case?
It was a point by point answer.
MUQ wrote:
So it is better if you discuss only one point at a time.
Didn't you already say this and asked why I can't respond to just one point at a time? Didn't I say I would do this if you only posted one point at a time? Instead, your last post, once again, contained multiples points, and I said, for every point you give, I will give an answer. So make one point at a time and I will answer one point at a time.
MUQ wrote:
Let us talk about Prophet,
Who satisfies the criterion of prophet better, Jesus or Our prophet?
I would say that neither perfectly satisfies the criteria, as is the case in most prophecies as they are vague and open to interpretation. The question is, is there something that outright disqualifies a person from being the fulfillment of the prophesy. I would say that in the case of Muhammad, the answer is yes. And I use actual verses to come to this conclusion such as 17:15, 18:20, and 34:10, whereas you use whatever you feel like. I made an important point about what criteria we should use to decide what "like Moses" means. If we use the criteria you arbitrarily selected to MAKE it seem like it's about Muhammad, then there are other prophets such as Joshua or David that could also meet that criteria, so the criteria you selected is very open ended. So a proper selection of criteria would be one where we use qualities that are unique to Moses. And that just so happens to be exactly what Deuteronomy 34 did when it described what "like Moses" meant. And based on that criteria, Muhammad is disqualified.

Also, you made a very poor case as to why we are supposed to radically shift the meaning of a phrase by the author between two verses that are a mere 23 verses away in the case of 17:15 and 18:15 18. You just made up whatever you felt like. But by default, when an author mentions the same exact phrase only a mere 20 or so verses from the first mention, it means the same thing if there is no additional explanation by the author to indicate it means something else, let alone something much different. This is a default rule for any book or any piece of literature that one reads. And all you can say is that because you think Jesus does not fulfill this, and there is nobody else that does, then the author MUST have meant a radically different meaning between the two instances even though the author gives zero indication of that. There is no such rule that tells us to do this. You are just making up whatever you need to MAKE it work.
MUQ wrote:
If you ask any Christian who is Jesus? How many would reply "A prophet of God"?
And if you ask one billion Muslims, Who was Mohammad, do you know, how many would answer "Prophet of God"?
99.99 %!!
So who satisfies the Prophet part better?
Probably Muhammad, but then again, that assumes he was even a Prophet at all. He is only one because he said so, but I didn't hear of any miracles he did to prove it, and that gets back to why Deuteronomy 34 said what it said, where it distinguished Moses from all other prophets. And it is the distinguishing characteristics of Moses mentioned in Deuteronomy itself that should be used as the criteria to tell whether someone is like him or not, or otherwise, there are multiple prophets that could be said to be like him, as long as we decide to pick criteria for comparison that will MAKE it seem so. And that is exactly what you are attempting in the case of Muhammad. Again, I use scriptures, you use creative and skewed conjecture.
MUQ wrote:
Let us go slow, I have lot of time and patience, it is you who lack patience.
Of course I do, because you are such a poor, illogical debater that I have to wonder why I am bothering to even spend this time with you. I'm sure you don't see this fact, but believe me, I do.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190516 Sep 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam,bro.
You are spot on and that fool has been reduced to bombarding you with irrelevance from the most insignificant/unreliable of sources.[QUOTE]

Yes, the book of Deuteronomy and authentic hadiths are all insignificant sources. LOL!!! At least I am the one using the actual scriptures, MUQ just uses complete conjecture to twist things into the way he needs them to be,

[QUOTE who="Alex WM"]<quoted text>
When he talks about Moses, why not ask hims if Moses was a Jew?
He was. All Prophets in the Abrahamic religions were always Jews, all throughout their entire history. That's all part of being the chosen people, which Judaism clearly does say. This is why we find no scriptures at all, none, from the descendants of Ishmael, and when it came time for Muhammad to decide that the Arabs should have their slice of the pie in terms of prophets, he had to use the Jewish scriptures as his basis and the Jewish religion because he had no scriptures to work with or use from the descendants of Ishmael. That should tell you something right there. But I know how your mind can block things out, so i don't expect it to tell you anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Jul 26 Shizle 40
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul 24 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul 23 Dizy 1
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Jul 6 TC_Tia 14,656
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Jul 4 Pam 11
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) Jul 3 ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun '15 Drake_Burrwood 1
More from around the web