Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,972)

Showing posts 179,421 - 179,440 of193,690
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Every prophet is a "mouth piece" of God and speaks what God reveals to them.
Why this emphasis on "Put my word in his mouth"...? It means that prophet shall speak "verbatim" what revelation is sent to him.
We do not find that in case of Jesus.
Sure we do, in spades.
10 Donít you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work
23 Jesus replied,ďAnyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
25 ďAll this I have spoken while still with you.
MUQ wrote:
And where are those words of God, put into mouth of Jesus?
They are lost forever, because Jesus did not speak and preach in Greek.
Actually, there was never any mention of putting anything into a book at all. It only says that he will do nothing but speak God's words and not his own. Now, as far as speaking only what God tells him to, have you considered the Satanic Verses? I know you saw me mention these before. Have you read about those where Muhammad acknowledged the gods of the Meccans to appease them, but as the story goes, Gabriel came and rebuked Muhammad for saying that and the next day Muhammad took those words back and abrogated them and claimed they were Satan inspired.
MUQ wrote:
So all that emphasis is gone.
d. Prophet shall speak in God' name:
Is that true for Jesus, yes, but only outwardly.
In case of our prophet, every chapter starts with the Phrase "In the name of Allah, Most gracious , Most merciful".
LOL!! So just because somebody decides to put that in the book they are creating means they are speaking in the name of God? Just because they say so?
MUQ wrote:
And did our prophet did all that to "Qualify for Deut. 18:18"?
He did not read or could read any OT or NT book.
He used to consult with many Jews and Christians. Do your homework. And why would he do that if Allah was really telling him all that he needed to know? And he even didn't get some of the Jewish scripture stories right, maybe because he couldn't remember every correct detail, which was one of the reasons the Jews rejected him.
MUQ wrote:
All these things happened "naturally" and he qualified for every thing of that prophesy, without any twist or turn.
Now you should either accept him or be ready to face the warning of God, that I will call that person to account.!!
LOL!!! Here, how about if I act like Shamma and tell you that you better accept Jesus Christ into your heart or you are going to hell? That doesn't sound very good, does it? But it's not one bit different than what you just did.
MUQ wrote:
And where are those words of God, put into mouth of Jesus?
They are lost forever, because Jesus did not speak and preach in Greek.
Again, Deuteronomy never even mentioned anything about that prophet bringing a book. If the Quran was the only miracle that Muhammad could bring, and it is not even a miracle at all, then why was bringing a book never mentioned when the book itself was everything and the only thing that Muhammad had to show for himself?
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
01. If by "Like Moses" you mean he was not born in Egypt and not thrown into Nile and did not speak Hebrew, and did not part the sea and turn rod into snake....
No, by "like Moses", I mean that qualities that Deuteronomy itself specified and clarified about in 34. Not any arbitrary qualities that we decide to use for the comparison to suit our own arguments.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then probably you are right, but if "Like Moses" it means to be a Law giver for his people and deliver his people, then our prophet was much more like Moses,
Somehow you have managed to completely ignore Deuteronomy 34, and I know you saw it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just look at the "childish way" in which you try to prove that Jesus was like Moses!!
If it is childish to use Deuteronomy itself to establish the criteria for comparison, then so be it. LOL!!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
02. Re Brethren, if you are unable to bring any candidate for "Real brothers" then you have to look for "Remote Brothers"!!
03. Now as regards it refers to Jeremiah or other Jewish prophets we read in OT books, the answer is in negative, because Jews at the time of Jesus, asked John the Baptist about "That Prophet".
Well I agree and I said that I don't think it is Jeremiah, I only said that "some" Jews do and others think the prophet has not come yet. But while you are bringing up that verse and talking about what the Jews of that time understood, also note why they even asked John that question. They knew Jesus was a Jew, so if they thought that brethren in 18:18 meant Arabs, they would have never asked that question. This is the third time I have pointed this out to you and you keep ignoring it
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
As regards, that prophet has not come yet into the world, is same as Jews say, then we should wait and wait and keep on waiting.
No Real Prophet has come into the world after our prophet, bringing a New code of Law.
First of all, we don't even know if it is a legitimate code of law. We only have Muhammad's word for it. It would have been nice for him to perform a few miracles as that would make things quite convincing. So for all we know, it was just him making up whatever he needed to make up, and this is why it took him 23 years to make it up. And this is why there is abrogation in the Quran. The Quran was revealed over 23 years because it was Muhammad coming out with a new Sura as his circumstances changed to justify what he wanted to do. He could not predict the future, so he had to come out with new Suras as the circumstances unfolded, whereas God would know all of this in advance and could have given the whole Quran in a very short time period, if not all at once. So this is why things like no compulsion in religion when he had no army, got abrogated and replaced with verses like 9:5 when he had an army.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have sympathy for you in your long wait.
It seems we have discussed every point of this prophesy and have had our say on it.
Shall we move on and start from NT books?
Probably not, because the same book you will quote from also claims Jesus' divinity all over the place. So I have no idea in the world why you would ever want to use anything from John as you would be being logically skewed from the very beginning. But if you really insist on continuing despite this logical flaw right from the beginning, and choose to ignore it, then be my guest. you always ignore logical flaws anyway, so this shouldn't surprise me.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you have "allergy" to accept our prophet as worthy of Deut. 18:18, I see no reason why you should wait when you have found a "Worthy candidate".
I have three good reasons for knowing it is not Muhammad. 17:15, 18:20 and 34:10
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
9. Isaiah 9:6, I thought this was about Jesus, why bring it here?
Because I was trying to show you the logical flaw of saying that because nobody else seems to fit it, then it must be the person that someone is proposing. I thought that if I applied the same logic to Isaiah 9:6 and Jesus, you would see it as logically flawed, as I know you can't see any logical flaws when it comes to speaking about Muhammad, so I thought you could see it if we spoke about someone else. But you still can't see it. What was I thinking? Why would I think that you would actually see this? My mistake.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
02. No you will not "have to" accept our prophet. It is still your free choice, but we have brought all evidence in front of you.
And I bring actual other verses from the same scriptures, not my own arbitrary inventions. 17:15, 18:20 and 34:10. I bring scriptures, you bring arbitrary inventions as your "evidence". So which qualifies more as evidence? Actual verses or subjective inventions? And by the way, the is now the fifth time I have asked you this and you never answer. Who is "we"?
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
01. Moses "acted" as a judge and condemned people to death.
Our prophet also acted as Judge and punished criminals and law breakers.
You need not have to "call" yourself as judge, your actions speak louder than words.
How many other Jewish prophets acted like a judge? Some were not only judges, but actual Kings as well. But this raises an interesting point about what "like Moses" means. If we use criteria such as being a judge, well that fits many prophets. So it would be logical to use the things about Moses that were unique about him as criteria for whether someone is like him or not. Otherwise, plenty of prophets could be said to be like him, such as David and Solomon. And we find these unique elements of Moses clearly described in Deuteronomy 34. So those qualities would be the proper criteria to decide whether someone is like Moses or not, and based on that criteria, Muhammad was clearly not like Moses.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent, MUQ
Case not only closed but dismissed too.
Well said.
Salaams
BMZ
LOL!!! Let me ask you a question. Is there anything he could say where you would NOT say case closed?? You're going to say that no matter what he says and I say. What a laugh. He's not doing well at all. He uses arbitrary inventions. I use the actual scriptures themselves. Which constitutes better evidence? Don't even bother to answer that because you have no choice on how to answer. No matter how poorly a fellow Muslim does, you have no choice but to say he is doing great, so I expect nothing different from you under ANY circumstances.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you speaking in English or Gibberish?
Neither, I believe. He speaks Biblish. It is twice the gibberish. Biblish is a kind of English used to impress ignorant fools.

Very soon you will see a sequel coming in Biblish.

Salaams
BMZ

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Let me ask you a question. Is there anything he could say where you would NOT say case closed?? You're going to say that no matter what he says and I say. What a laugh. He's not doing well at all. He uses arbitrary inventions. I use the actual scriptures themselves. Which constitutes better evidence? Don't even bother to answer that because you have no choice on how to answer. No matter how poorly a fellow Muslim does, you have no choice but to say he is doing great, so I expect nothing different from you under ANY circumstances.
MUQ made a great point, when he nailed Shamma down. That is what I appreciated. I see that both of you are using the same Scripture, which can be interpreted differently.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, I believe. He speaks Biblish. It is twice the gibberish. Biblish is a kind of English used to impress ignorant fools.
Very soon you will see a sequel coming in Biblish.
Salaams
BMZ
Who taught you about God?

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Shamma wrote:
Who taught you about God?
My Father and My Mother.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Were they evil? Appears so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My Father and My Mother.
They didn't teach you much about God. They are good Muslims.
But they lacked knowledge of God.
They taught you how to be a good Muslim instead.

The difference between you and me is that Jesus taught me about God.
I learned about God from God Himself.
My parents learned about God from Jesus. They learned about God from God Himself.

Your religion of Islam does not teach you much about God at all.
Your character is not based on the character of God , but rather it is based on the character of Muhammad.
Did you know that?

Gods character is different than that of Muhammad.
Gods character is based on Gods moral 10 Commandments.

Muhammad taught Muslims the laws that he himself installed as Muslim law.
And they conflict with the moral laws of God.

God is not about Muhammad, God is about God Himself.
so we must learn about God as being God himself.
And the Quran does not teach Muslims about God as being God himself.

In the Quran Muslims learn that Allah has the same character as Muhammad.

I doubt that you noticed that.
But I have noticed that.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't teach you much about God. They are good Muslims.
But they lacked knowledge of God.
They taught you how to be a good Muslim instead.
The difference between you and me is that Jesus taught me about God.
I learned about God from God Himself.
My parents learned about God from Jesus. They learned about God from God Himself.
Your religion of Islam does not teach you much about God at all.
Your character is not based on the character of God , but rather it is based on the character of Muhammad.
Did you know that?
Gods character is different than that of Muhammad.
Gods character is based on Gods moral 10 Commandments.
Muhammad taught Muslims the laws that he himself installed as Muslim law.
And they conflict with the moral laws of God.
God is not about Muhammad, God is about God Himself.
so we must learn about God as being God himself.
And the Quran does not teach Muslims about God as being God himself.
In the Quran Muslims learn that Allah has the same character as Muhammad.
I doubt that you noticed that.
But I have noticed that.
Shamma,

You learnt about a God through the Church and her priests, who formed that God based on a few books and letters from men, who never sat in the company of Jesus.

Heck! They did not even sit in the company of his disciples and their grandchildren.

The information that the Church received was a 2nd-hand information, which actually was a 200th-hand information.

So, this God of yours was given by the Church fathers, who were inspired by the Greek philosophers. This resulted in the absurd triune God.

Jesus did not teach a triune God or the trinity. Neither Jesus nor his disciples preached it. Since he did not teach that, it means you did not learn anything from Jesus.

You learned only what the unauthorized Church, founded by a pagan emperor, taught you.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ made a great point, when he nailed Shamma down. That is what I appreciated. I see that both of you are using the same Scripture, which can be interpreted differently.
What other scripture would we use? The difference is that I am actually using other verses from Deuteronomy to substantiate my points, he is merely using creative invention to make things into what he needs them to be. It's easy for anybody to make up or interpret whatever they want and this is why actual scriptures from the same book need to be used to tell us how to interpret it when possible, and in this case it is very possible.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
01. Moses "acted" as a judge and condemned people to death.
Our prophet also acted as Judge and punished criminals and law breakers.
You need not have to "call" yourself as judge, your actions speak louder than words.
Jesus in fact "refused" to judge when that woman caught in act of adultery was brought to him.
02. No you will not "have to" accept our prophet. It is still your free choice, but we have brought all evidence in front of you.
Why not be like Jews and wait for "Messiah also", because according to Jews, Jesus does not qualify for the criterion mentioned in OT books, will you accept that?
We we "Must believe" that Messiah has come?
There is no end to such questions, why unnecessarily prolong the debate?
PS:
My stand is different than yours, when you lost "all interest" in the debate, because I was dictating my terms on you!!
rabbee: that is not what the attackers, in kenya, syria, iraq, and afaghanistan, Pakistan, and many other muslim places say. they say if your not a muslim, we are going to kill you all. and it is ok with muslims, to deceive an enemy with false peace. to get close enough, for thier murdering.

G-D hates! forced conversions. there is no true love involved, in lusting forced conversions.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
G-D hates! forced conversions. there is no true love involved, in lusting forced conversions.
Well that's probably true, and anybody should agree with that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
You learnt about a God through the Church and her priests, who formed that God based on a few books and letters from men, who never sat in the company of Jesus.
Heck! They did not even sit in the company of his disciples and their grandchildren.
The information that the Church received was a 2nd-hand information, which actually was a 200th-hand information.
So, this God of yours was given by the Church fathers, who were inspired by the Greek philosophers. This resulted in the absurd triune God.
Jesus did not teach a triune God or the trinity. Neither Jesus nor his disciples preached it. Since he did not teach that, it means you did not learn anything from Jesus.
You learned only what the unauthorized Church, founded by a pagan emperor, taught you.
Laughing in your face!
You have no knowledge of God.
You have the character of Muhammad as your god.
God is more than the Word Trinity and you have not looked at God beyond the word Trinity.
Every day and every night you come on this thread and play god just like Muhammad and Muhammad was just a common desert bandit acting like he was God,

You are possessed with the evil spirit of Muhammad.
You want to be bow down to as being a god!
All knowing and all making up stories like Muhammad did as god over the Muslims.
You are INSANE BMZ!
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Bukhari:V6B61N504 "Allah's Apostle said,'Every Prophet was given miracles because of which people believed, but what I have been given is Divine Inspiration which Allah has revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will outnumber the followers of the other Prophets.'"

What a megalomaniacal ignoramus!

Isaiah was a bona fide Hebrew prophet who was given Divine Inspiration but was NOT given miracles. Nor was Jeremiah, Hosea, Habakkuk, Daniel, etc., but NONE of these prophets EVER expressed the hope in the recorded text that their "followers will outnumber the followers of the other Prophets.'"

I pity Muslims. They are saddled with this utterly insecure Arabian's "Divinely Inspired" angst.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Put another way, if Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea, Habakkuk, and Daniel were genuine Prophets who were NOT given miracles, and the Hebrew record supports this assessment, then Mohammad is a confirmed LIAR.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

CORRECTION:

I pity Muslims. They are saddled with this utterly insecure Arabian's "Divinely Inspired" MURDEROUS angst.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 179,421 - 179,440 of193,690
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••