Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 251171 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#190418 Sep 26, 2013
Were they evil? Appears so.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#190419 Sep 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My Father and My Mother.
They didn't teach you much about God. They are good Muslims.
But they lacked knowledge of God.
They taught you how to be a good Muslim instead.

The difference between you and me is that Jesus taught me about God.
I learned about God from God Himself.
My parents learned about God from Jesus. They learned about God from God Himself.

Your religion of Islam does not teach you much about God at all.
Your character is not based on the character of God , but rather it is based on the character of Muhammad.
Did you know that?

Gods character is different than that of Muhammad.
Gods character is based on Gods moral 10 Commandments.

Muhammad taught Muslims the laws that he himself installed as Muslim law.
And they conflict with the moral laws of God.

God is not about Muhammad, God is about God Himself.
so we must learn about God as being God himself.
And the Quran does not teach Muslims about God as being God himself.

In the Quran Muslims learn that Allah has the same character as Muhammad.

I doubt that you noticed that.
But I have noticed that.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#190422 Sep 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't teach you much about God. They are good Muslims.
But they lacked knowledge of God.
They taught you how to be a good Muslim instead.
The difference between you and me is that Jesus taught me about God.
I learned about God from God Himself.
My parents learned about God from Jesus. They learned about God from God Himself.
Your religion of Islam does not teach you much about God at all.
Your character is not based on the character of God , but rather it is based on the character of Muhammad.
Did you know that?
Gods character is different than that of Muhammad.
Gods character is based on Gods moral 10 Commandments.
Muhammad taught Muslims the laws that he himself installed as Muslim law.
And they conflict with the moral laws of God.
God is not about Muhammad, God is about God Himself.
so we must learn about God as being God himself.
And the Quran does not teach Muslims about God as being God himself.
In the Quran Muslims learn that Allah has the same character as Muhammad.
I doubt that you noticed that.
But I have noticed that.
Shamma,

You learnt about a God through the Church and her priests, who formed that God based on a few books and letters from men, who never sat in the company of Jesus.

Heck! They did not even sit in the company of his disciples and their grandchildren.

The information that the Church received was a 2nd-hand information, which actually was a 200th-hand information.

So, this God of yours was given by the Church fathers, who were inspired by the Greek philosophers. This resulted in the absurd triune God.

Jesus did not teach a triune God or the trinity. Neither Jesus nor his disciples preached it. Since he did not teach that, it means you did not learn anything from Jesus.

You learned only what the unauthorized Church, founded by a pagan emperor, taught you.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190423 Sep 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ made a great point, when he nailed Shamma down. That is what I appreciated. I see that both of you are using the same Scripture, which can be interpreted differently.
What other scripture would we use? The difference is that I am actually using other verses from Deuteronomy to substantiate my points, he is merely using creative invention to make things into what he needs them to be. It's easy for anybody to make up or interpret whatever they want and this is why actual scriptures from the same book need to be used to tell us how to interpret it when possible, and in this case it is very possible.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#190424 Sep 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
01. Moses "acted" as a judge and condemned people to death.
Our prophet also acted as Judge and punished criminals and law breakers.
You need not have to "call" yourself as judge, your actions speak louder than words.
Jesus in fact "refused" to judge when that woman caught in act of adultery was brought to him.
02. No you will not "have to" accept our prophet. It is still your free choice, but we have brought all evidence in front of you.
Why not be like Jews and wait for "Messiah also", because according to Jews, Jesus does not qualify for the criterion mentioned in OT books, will you accept that?
We we "Must believe" that Messiah has come?
There is no end to such questions, why unnecessarily prolong the debate?
PS:
My stand is different than yours, when you lost "all interest" in the debate, because I was dictating my terms on you!!
rabbee: that is not what the attackers, in kenya, syria, iraq, and afaghanistan, Pakistan, and many other muslim places say. they say if your not a muslim, we are going to kill you all. and it is ok with muslims, to deceive an enemy with false peace. to get close enough, for thier murdering.

G-D hates! forced conversions. there is no true love involved, in lusting forced conversions.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190425 Sep 26, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
G-D hates! forced conversions. there is no true love involved, in lusting forced conversions.
Well that's probably true, and anybody should agree with that.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#190426 Sep 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
You learnt about a God through the Church and her priests, who formed that God based on a few books and letters from men, who never sat in the company of Jesus.
Heck! They did not even sit in the company of his disciples and their grandchildren.
The information that the Church received was a 2nd-hand information, which actually was a 200th-hand information.
So, this God of yours was given by the Church fathers, who were inspired by the Greek philosophers. This resulted in the absurd triune God.
Jesus did not teach a triune God or the trinity. Neither Jesus nor his disciples preached it. Since he did not teach that, it means you did not learn anything from Jesus.
You learned only what the unauthorized Church, founded by a pagan emperor, taught you.
Laughing in your face!
You have no knowledge of God.
You have the character of Muhammad as your god.
God is more than the Word Trinity and you have not looked at God beyond the word Trinity.
Every day and every night you come on this thread and play god just like Muhammad and Muhammad was just a common desert bandit acting like he was God,

You are possessed with the evil spirit of Muhammad.
You want to be bow down to as being a god!
All knowing and all making up stories like Muhammad did as god over the Muslims.
You are INSANE BMZ!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190427 Sep 26, 2013
Bukhari:V6B61N504 "Allah's Apostle said,'Every Prophet was given miracles because of which people believed, but what I have been given is Divine Inspiration which Allah has revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will outnumber the followers of the other Prophets.'"

What a megalomaniacal ignoramus!

Isaiah was a bona fide Hebrew prophet who was given Divine Inspiration but was NOT given miracles. Nor was Jeremiah, Hosea, Habakkuk, Daniel, etc., but NONE of these prophets EVER expressed the hope in the recorded text that their "followers will outnumber the followers of the other Prophets.'"

I pity Muslims. They are saddled with this utterly insecure Arabian's "Divinely Inspired" angst.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190428 Sep 26, 2013
Put another way, if Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea, Habakkuk, and Daniel were genuine Prophets who were NOT given miracles, and the Hebrew record supports this assessment, then Mohammad is a confirmed LIAR.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190429 Sep 26, 2013
CORRECTION:

I pity Muslims. They are saddled with this utterly insecure Arabian's "Divinely Inspired" MURDEROUS angst.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190430 Sep 26, 2013
Bukhari:V4B56N732 "Allah's Apostle said,'I have five names: I am Muhammad and Ahmad, the praised one; I am al-Mahi through whom Allah will eliminate infidelity; I am al-Hashir who will be the first to be resurrected; and I am also al-Aqib, because there will be no prophet after me.'"

Take that, you Mormons!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190431 Sep 26, 2013
Bukhari:V8B78N628 "The Prophet was holding Umar's hand.'O Allah's Apostle! You are dearer to me than everything except my own self.' The Prophet said,'No, by Him in Whose Hand my soul is, you will not have faith till I am dearer to you than your own self.' Then Umar said,'However, now, by Allah, you are dearer to me than my own self.' The Prophet said,'Now, Umar, you are a believer.'"

Proven: Islam is the cult of MOHAMMAD.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190432 Sep 26, 2013
Bukhari:V9B87N127 "The Prophet said,'I have been given the keys of eloquent speech and given victory with terror so the treasures of the earth were given to me.'"

Of course. Mohammad is the model terrorist. Too bad his emulaters have to contend with drones and such...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190433 Sep 26, 2013
Tabari VIII:182 "The people assembled in Mecca to swear allegiance to the Messenger in submission. He received from them the oath of allegiance to himself, to heed and obey."

Oh, dear.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190434 Sep 26, 2013
Qur'an 4:114 "He who disobeys the Apostle after guidance has been revealed will burn in Hell."

Hmm...what is the nature of this burning?

Qur'an 56:41 "But those of the left hand-how unhappy those of the left hand. They will be in the scorching hot wind and boiling water, under the shadow of thick black smoke, neither cool nor agreeable....They will be gathered together on a certain day which is predetermined. Then you, the erring and the deniers will eat Zaqqoom [a thorn tree]. Fill your bellies with it, and drink scalding water, lapping it up like female camels raging of thirst and diseased. Such will be their entertainment, their welcome on the Day of Doom...the welcome of boiling water and the entertainment of roasting in Hell. This is the ultimate truth."

Wow! I had better obey "the Apostle," or face the ULTIMATE TRUTH!!!!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190435 Sep 26, 2013
Qur'an 37:63 "For We have truly made it as a trial to torment the disbelievers. Zaqqum is a horrible thorn tree that grows in Hell. The shoots of its fruit-stalks are like the heads of devils. Truly they [non-Muslims] will eat it and fill their bellies with it. On top of that they will be given a mixture made of boiling water to drink especially prepared. Then they shall be returned to the Blazing Fire."

A tree grows in Hell? Who knew?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190436 Sep 26, 2013
Qur'an 74:26 "Soon will I fling them into the burning Hell Fire! And what will explain what Hell Fire is? It permits nothing to endure, and nothing does it spare! It darkens and changes the color of man, burning the skin! It shrivels and scorches men."

Umm.. a tree grows in Hell. It ENDURES.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190437 Sep 26, 2013
For more of this damned nonsense, see: http://www.prophetofdoom.net/Islamic_Quotes_H...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190438 Sep 26, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Tabari VIII:182 "The people assembled in Mecca to swear allegiance to the Messenger in submission. He received from them the oath of allegiance to himself, to heed and obey."
Oh, dear.
Obviously, Mohammad is Allah.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190439 Sep 26, 2013
El Cid, it is very useful that you post these things that most Muslims themselves are not even aware of. When someone puts them all together, it surely paints a picture, and not a very good one. There is a website called the council of ex Muslims which is a website of British ex Muslims. Almost every ex Muslim, including the ones from there that I have ever corresponded with, were all raised as Muslims and remained so until they actually studied the religion they were born with. And they all say that after they actually bothered to study it, that is why they actually left. Most Muslims are not even aware of what you post, and when they see things like what you post, they either try to make up stories for themselves as to why what you post is illegitimate, or they merely tell themselves that you are just "biased" as a way for them to be able to ignore all of this. I don't know how anybody can be "biased" by merely accurately quoting from Muslim sources themselves, but this is what they have to tell themselves so that they can dismiss things like this because it is too disturbing for them to consider, But it's there, whether they like it or not, or find excuses to deny it or not. It's the same thing as with all of the hadiths that clearly show that Muhammad condoned rape. They try to find all sorts of excuses for that, from calling you biased for even posting it, to finding a way to call the hadiths illegitimate, to even finding excuses to justify it. But at the end of the day, there is just so much consistent evidence for things like this, from Muslim sources themselves, that they are merely living in denial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 14 hr Eagle 12 4,352
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May 24 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May 22 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May 19 Patrick 219
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist May 19 New Beginning 1
News Witches for Sanders? Democratic Candidate Finds... May 16 Truth 2
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) May 16 Eagle 12 770
More from around the web