Who Is Allah?

There are 220212 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#190039 Sep 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
WHO CAN BE CALLED DEEP?

Sri Aurobindo, his spiritual collaborator the Mother, Sage Agastya or someone of this order of Yoga can be considered DEEP....

These abovenamed personalities ascended to the 12th to 15th planes of cosmic consciousness in the Yoga which are the planes of the supramental consciousness-force.

Yes, in Yoga, to rise to the 12th to 15th cosmic planes is a great achievement.

Before these great yogis, Buddha appears a spiritual pygmy.

Buddha could rise only as high as the 4th plane of cosmic consciousness which is pretty low when compared to the 12th to 15th planes.

However, there exist numerous planes that far exceed the supramental planes.
Sri Aurobindo and the Mother were both charlatans, who fooled the gullible fools with their incoherent jargon and verbal gymnastics.

Will you recollect that these good-for-nothing Yogis were of no help to you during your crisis, when your master screwed you thoroughly and made you almost unconscious that made you fall down into Infra-mental planes?

You can have levels in Yoga but you don't have any planes in that, Dunce.

And stop using the meaningless and useless words 'cosmic consciousness' and 'supramental planes', which in reality do not exist, Ignorant Fool!
bmz

Singapore

#190040 Sep 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful now. We both know that some of the time, you don't even remember saying things, let alone remembering what others say.
Stefano is notoriously famous for making silly statements. I don't have to be careful. The ignorant fool does not even know a word of Arabic.

He makes silly claims too. Finds Trinity very easy to understand but is unable to explain. He does this quite often and chickens out when challenged.
bmz

Singapore

#190041 Sep 21, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Islam has made a mockery of concepts like peace, justice, equality, tolerance, and consent, and that's because its only "prophet" was IN FACT a thief, a liar, a sadistic murderer, a rape enabler (if not a rapist himself, See: http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Safiyah ) and a Jew hating bigot.
Tu Quoque!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190042 Sep 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddha is not deep.
From a yogic perspective, Buddha is an average spiritualist.
His typal consciousness is the the 4th plane of cosmic consciousness - quite low in the cosmic hierarchy.
That's because you only understand "forces", but have no philosophical depth where there is introspection into your own motives and thoughts themselves. That's what Buddha was about, and others such as Krishnamurti, Lao Tzu, Confucius, Demello etc...the list goes on, and I fully expect you to see it all as nonsense, because you think the answer lies outside of yourself by gaining bogus special powers over the external world, rather than within yourself where you merely change your perception of existing things and the world changes immediately. You think the world has to change, rather than you, and you need special powers to do this. This is like going to a doctor if you don't feel well and asking that doctor to prescribe a medication for the rest of the world so that you can feel better. That doesn't make any sense when someone puts it that way, does it? If one wants peace, it is far easier to put on slippers than to carpet the whole of the world.

If it doesn't translate into real world formulas and results, you think it is useless. But the ironic part is that all of your efforts have not translated into any real world results either, and they haven't even changed your perspective of the world, and have only given you false expectations that lead to disappointment, and even worse problems. There was an article from Krishnamurti that I posted to you where he clearly explained your goal to master "special forces" and therefore the world around you. And he correctly mentioned that you need to master circumstances of the world via use of "special powers" because you can't accept the world as it is and instead have fears. And fears lead one to desire to control the world outside of them, rather than actually addressing the basis of these inner fears which cause you to need to control the external world, which leads you into false promises that don't end up working, whether that be evil vampire gurus or whatever other story you would like to tell yourself.

That said, I fully expect you to not understand one single word that I just said, and instead it will even fuel even greater negative feelings towards me. But that's not my problem. All I can do is to be totally honest, whether someone likes it or not.

I never expect you to agree with me, nor do I even bother to desire that, as that would be a delusional illusion on my part. I just lay it out on the table
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190043 Sep 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
You've understood nothing about the subject.
Doesn't matter.
I asked you a simple question.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190044 Sep 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddha is not deep.
Of course. Not as far as YOU can tell.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
From a yogic perspective, Buddha is an average spiritualist.
His typal consciousness is the the 4th plane of cosmic consciousness - quite low in the cosmic hierarchy.
\

Who actually decides all of these planes and their numbers and precedence? And where has it even gotten them?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190045 Sep 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
WHO CAN BE CALLED DEEP?
Sri Aurobindo, his spiritual collaborator the Mother, Sage Agastya or someone of this order of Yoga can be considered DEEP....
These abovenamed personalities ascended to the 12th to 15th planes of cosmic consciousness in the Yoga which are the planes of the supramental consciousness-force.
Who says they do? They themselves? Well Muhammad made claims about himself as well. So who says they were right? I didn't see any miracles from any of these people.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Yes, in Yoga, to rise to the 12th to 15th cosmic planes is a great achievement.
Who says they achieved this? Were there any other witnesses besides they themselves or was it merely their own claims? I could read all about this stuff, study it, and claim that I have finally achieved it myself. Does that mean I really have, just because I say so, even if I really believe that I have?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190046 Sep 21, 2013
Back to the subject of the thread.
hoo ees allah?
balalalalalalala!!!!
eet all westurn meedea lize an dee jooooz. eet all dare fawlt. eet alwayz ees. eet muss bee.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#190047 Sep 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Consciousness simply means awareness and it is not a vector quantity, Fool!
Another idiot who defines consciousness with awareness. So you don't know Arabic that well and even English. It comes spontaneous to wonder, how is your Farsi?

Wait for a few days or weeks and this fool will deny to have ever defined counsciousness with awareness.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#190048 Sep 21, 2013
Consciousness or awareness inheres in energy and so energy is conscious. The dynamic form of energy is force. Hence, the usage of the term consciousness-force or simply conscious-energy.

Location hidden

#190049 Sep 21, 2013
BMZ,

What do you know about vectors?

Can you derive the dimensions of a simple vector quantity like force?

Is time a vector or a scalar? Why?

Location hidden

#190050 Sep 21, 2013
Intelligence is the result of consciousness or awareness.

Location hidden

#190051 Sep 21, 2013
Consciousness is the quality or state of being aware of an external object or something within oneself.

Location hidden

#190052 Sep 21, 2013
GRADES OF CONSCIOUSNESS:

Depending on the frequency of vibration of the energy field we get different states of consciousness or in other words the different states of consciousness derive from the different rates of vibration of the conscious energy field. So, the degree of vibration of the conscious energy field yields physical, vital-emotional, mental, higher mental, illumined mental, intuitive mental, overmental, supramental and bliss conscious states of existence-awareness among others.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#190053 Sep 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Tu Quoque!
Truth that not even you can deny.

Location hidden

#190054 Sep 21, 2013
The Kid with a destructive mind is online.
bmz

Singapore

#190056 Sep 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
BMZ,

What do you know about vectors?

Can you derive the dimensions of a simple vector quantity like force?

Is time a vector or a scalar? Why?
Foolish questions!

You should not have even asked me the third question. That was extremely stupid of you. Do you think time is a vector quantity? If you do, go back to school.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#190057 Sep 22, 2013
Muslims misrepresent the teaching of God.

By Adam and Eve eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil as suggested by the serpent, they now possessed awareness of sin. God is holy and cannot abide in the presence of sin which causes death. Had they then eaten of the tree of life they would live forever and sin would have no consequence.
Which is an offense against the Holiness and Goodness of God.

Adam and Eve are Cast out of the Garden

The Disobedience of Adam and Eve Forfeited the Blessing of Paradise

Eden was perfect, the Garden of the Lord, the Paradise of God. There was no sin or sickness, no stress or strain: It was heaven on earth. Adam and Eve knew no fear, and their relationship with God was precious and intimate. But as soon as Eve was deceived and Adam disobeyed, sin entered the world and God had no alternative but to quickly move to Plan B. That meant that Adam and Eve had to go. Had Adam or Eve partaken of the tree of life in their fallen condition, they would have forever remained in an unredeemable state.

“Therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. So He drove out the man.”(Genesis 3:23-24)

The Bible states that God originally planted the garden “eastward in Eden.” according to Genesis 2:8, implying that Eden was a larger geographic area than just the garden. After Cain murdered Abel, he “went out from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden.”(4:16)
So it must be observed that, technically, Adam and Eve still lived in Eden, though not in the garden, and had no access to the tree of life.

God cast them out, expelled them, for their own good and the good of all mankind.

While they were in the garden of God, God provided all, but now, Adam had to till the ground and start from scratch, so to speak. Life would be different from then on and not just due to the increased workload. The Bible states in Genesis 3:21 that God made Adam and Eve coats of skins and clothed them. A blood sacrifice was made for their sin, and they were forgiven.

There was still access to God. God did not abandon them. But the conditions and the rules had drastically changed. The dominion, power and authority that had been conferred upon Adam had been transferred to God's archenemy Satan.

When the Devil tempted Jesus Christ, he could legally offer the kingdoms of the world.“All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.&rdquo (Luke 4:6) Adam had delivered it to the Devil, and was no longer enjoying the role of “prince of this world,” a title now belonging to the adversary.(John 12:31 and 14:30) The one called the serpent in Genesis 3 is called the “god of this age” according to 2 Corinthians 4:4.

Adam and Eve lived long lives and had many children. They also had their share of grief. They lost their first two sons, one murdered by the other, and Cain left their presence and was likely not seen again. However, God made a promise to Adam and Eve, and through one of their descendents (Seth) would come the One who would bruise the head of the serpent, the Promised Seed, Jesus Christ.

Muhammad excepted Satan as God of this world and worshiped Satan as his God.
That's why Muslims reject Jesus as God in human form because Jesus on the cross defeated the power of Satan that was given him as ruler of this world by Adam and Eve by their sin against God.

God forgave Adam and Eve but Satan had to be defeated and his power of as a God on earth had to be destroyed by God.
And God destroyed Satan's power on earth as a God through Jesus.

But Muhammad sold his soul to Satan and ordained Muslims to fight for the cause of Allah/Satan.

Sharia law is Satan's laws, and Muslims are to strive through Jihad to establish Satan's Sharia law on earth.

In the eyes of Muhammad Christians must be destroyed because they follow Jesus[God in human form]
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#190058 Sep 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That's merely your opinion that it is much more clear, and that is the purpose for discussion. But I have not changed the rules at all on the fly. Disagreeing with your claims is not changing the rules at all. Again, I can't talk with someone who doesn't understand basic logic, reasoning and debating.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You didn't bring anything conclusive at all about what time period that was supposed to happen, because there is nothing specific at all in that prophecy that dictates a time period.
<quoted text>
First of all, I never even discussed that with you yet. So for the 8th time you have attributed something to me that I never said at all. That's yet another good reason to not continue with you. Secondly when he said I will send you a comforter, he was talking in private to his apostles, not to a crowd, and I can provide the verses that clearly say this. Thirdly, I hope that you realize that if you want to start quoting from John, then you have to acknowledge the verses that make Jesus out to be divine as well. And there are many of them. So are you going tom use John when you want, and throw it in the trashcan when you want? Yet even more inconsistency from you and changing of the rules as you see fit. And you don't even know enough to see the logical flaw in doing this.
<quoted text>

We can keep on arguing till cows come home and there will be no end to it.

Our posts are before every one and they can see.

First of all "I never denied that Jesus is not prophesized in OT books", my objection was "only" about the references you had chosen.

That is why Ia asked you to give more examples, but you will not budge from your stand that "Jesus in OT" is not the subject of this discussion.

Your stand on the other hand about our prophet being prophesized in OT and NT books is always of negation. You will use "every trick in the trade" to disqualify him, even if the wordings and their interpretation is much better than what we saw in the case of Jesus.

I have quoted seven examples from books of OT about prophet, which are much more clear and straightforward than those Jesus' prophesies, but you lack courage to come forward and comment on it.

Why you lost all interest in the subject, I do not know, we do not have to convince each other, do we?

Our object is to put our position in front of readers and leave the matters to the,

It is not that you are busy and have no time for our discussions, you keep on posting messages after messages on this thread, so you have time and energy.

Miracles:

So you think our prophet did not perform "miracles" like Moses did, so he is not like Moses?

Do you know the "Biggest job which Moses did"? It was not those miracles, it was not their bringing from Egypt, He was LAW GIVER to Jews!!

That is the trait which was unique to Moses and every prophet after Moses, followed his laws. Even Jesus followed most of Moses' laws and modified only a small portion of them.

Our prophet was also a LAW GIVER, he brought a complete code of law for his followers, and that is which places him into much more close to 'prophet like Moses" than those Miracles.

And for your info, the Greatest Miracle of our prophet is Quran, which every one can see!!

Moses' and Jesus' miracles are only in the book, while our prophet's miracle is in open.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#190059 Sep 22, 2013
What the Bible Says about Prophet Mohammad (Peace be on him) Part-7C

Analyzing Deut. 18:17-19 (Contd.)

c. He shall be raised from the “brethren” of Jews.

This is another very clear prophesy, that “the promised prophet” shall be closely related to Jews. Jesus was amongst Jew, so this word does not fit him as close as it fits our prophet Mohammad (peace be on him).

If the prophet was to come from Jews, then why would God say “from their brethren” this is of no consequence.

When all Jews are present and then Moses says that this prophet shall come from their brethren, then it means that the new prophet shall be from people who are closely related to Jews but might not be Jews.

And we have told earlier that our prophet was from the stock of Ishmael, whereas Jews (including Jesus) were from the stock of Isaac.

So Arabs are in fact “brethren of Jews”, so this part of prophesy is also very clearly established in the case of our prophet Mohammad (peace be on him)., without resorting to any “gimmickry” or twisting and turning the verse and / or strange interpretation.

What the Bible Says about Prophet Mohammad (Peace be on him) Part-7D

Analyzing Deut. 18:17-19 (Contd.)

d. God shall put His Words into the mouth of This Prophet.

While every prophet is a mouth piece of God and transmits what is revealed to him, this phrase “That I will put my words into his mouth” indicates many things:

1. That the prophet would not be an educated one and he will not be able to read or write. This is applicable to our prophet Mohammad (peace be on him) and not for Jesus.

2. That the prophet would recite “verbatim” what is told to him at the moment. That is what we see in the case of Quran. It was revealed to our prophet is small and big parts depending upon the situation and the prophet would recite verbatim what revelation he received and he was not allowed to change any word from that revelation.

Even when the angel started the revelation with command “Say”, that command was also treated as part of revelation.

This is the best sense in which “I will my words into his mouth can be visualized”.

In case of Jesus, he was given the whole message at one installment and there never was any instructions being given to him “verbatim at the moment”

Any Comments Please?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... May 23 Dragnet52 5
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) May 21 Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead May 19 New Perspective 1
News POLL: Americans Turning Away from Religion May 15 Bible boy 1
News Carl Sagan as prophet of neo-Pagan Atheism May 12 geezerjock 1
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) May 11 garnetten 502
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) May 8 Over and Done 27
More from around the web