Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189694 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no need to answer because you and others never answered my question, which was:
Where does the Scripture say that the Messiah had to be killed and was to be resurrected in three days?
Where it says he opened their minds so that they could understand the scriptures IS your answer.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand about opening minds of people to Scripture or other books but the mind is opened about something or some topic. Right?
So, here the opening of the minds carries no weight.
It does not mean them reading the same scriptures they already knew, it means opening their minds to understand deeper or perhaps hidden meanings. Otherwise there was no need to clearly mention that part. You put a bizarre block on your mind when someone points out something you don't want to see.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, will you please answer my question?
Where does the Scripture say that the Messiah had to be killed and was to be resurrected in three days?
In whatever verses Jesus showed them the deeper or hidden meaning to. That's why it said he opened their minds so that they could understand the scriptures. It doesn't say that he just read the scriptures to them, as they already knew the scriptures, or so they thought.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#189695 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty funny how God always needs to say exactly what you think, when you think he should say it. Has it ever occurred to you that God chose the right time to reveal this to Jesus' apostles through Jesus and the right time was not when Jesus was baptized? Is that even remotely possible in your mind, or does God think exactly like you do?
See, Seeker, I am reasoning, while you are displaying verbal gymnastics.

Let me show you something very interesting through Acts 2:

22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross."

Why was he accusing them of getting help from the wicked men for killing Jesus, if it were God's deliberate plan?

Peter should have said, "Fellow Israelites, you have done a great job. Thank you very much for carrying out God's plan!"

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#189696 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The good LORD said repeatedly and in all integrity through Isaiah:
"I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God."
"And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me."
"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other."
"By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear"
So, your Jesus, who could not save himself, is not a savior.
The LORD is the Savior and in the LORD I put my trust and expect to be saved.
I don't need Jesus to save me and I am sure Jesus cannot save anyone because the LORD said the only he saves.
The verses that I have quoted, clearly debunks and dismantles the myth and the false belief that Jesus is the Savior. Don't bet on the Wrong Horse.
You are ignorant of this truth!

It was God Himself that died on the Cross for our sins, and it was God Himself that resurrected Himself from the Dead
God is an eternal spirit that cannot die, but the physical Body of Jesus died and was buried and was resurrected by the power of God.

Why did God do that?
Because sin separates us from God and through Jesus death and resurrection united us back with God.

Sin's consequences:
"your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. Isaiah 59:2 "

"your sins have kept good from you." Jeremiah 5:25
"my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” Hebrews 10:38

"because you have ignored all my counsel and would have none of my reproof, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strikes you, when terror strikes you like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you.

Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me. Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD, would have none of my counsel and despised all my reproof, therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way, and have their fill of their own devices.

For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them;" Proverbs 1:25-32
"if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses.

How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said,“Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again,“The Lord will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." Hebrews 10:26-31

"But they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit; therefore he turned to be their enemy, and himself fought against them." Isaiah 63:10

You sin against God and God will fight against you Muslim.
So you better understand who it was that died on the cross for your sins Muslim.

God suffered the penalty of sin for you Muslim. and God does not take it lightly that you mock Him for suffering to save you from the fires of hell.

Your rejection of Jesus on the Cross does not sit well with God.

There is only One God Muslim and he loved you so much that He came down from heaven in the form of a man and suffered on the cross for your sake.
bmz

Location hidden

#189697 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where it says he opened their minds so that they could understand the scriptures IS your answer.
<quoted text>
It does not mean them reading the same scriptures they already knew, it means opening their minds to understand deeper or perhaps hidden meanings. Otherwise there was no need to clearly mention that part. You put a bizarre block on your mind when someone points out something you don't want to see.
<quoted text>
In whatever verses Jesus showed them the deeper or hidden meaning to. That's why it said he opened their minds so that they could understand the scriptures. It doesn't say that he just read the scriptures to them, as they already knew the scriptures, or so they thought.
You have not answered my question:

This is what he is alleged to have talked about and explained.

One needs to have a verse first. Only then one can talk about normal and/or deeper meanings.

There is no talk about a messiah in the Jewish Holy Scriptures, the Scripture that Jesus followed.

No messiah was promised to the Jews by the LORD. There is not a single verse about a messiah who would be killed and then raised again within three days! So, how could he have expalined something, which was not mentioned in the Scripture?
bmz

Location hidden

#189698 Sep 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are ignorant of this truth!
It was God Himself that died on the Cross for our sins, and it was God Himself that resurrected Himself from the Dead
God is an eternal spirit that cannot die, but the physical Body of Jesus died and was buried and was resurrected by the power of God.
Why did God do that?
Because sin separates us from God and through Jesus death and resurrection united us back with God.
Sin's consequences:
"your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. Isaiah 59:2 "
"your sins have kept good from you." Jeremiah 5:25
"my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” Hebrews 10:38
"because you have ignored all my counsel and would have none of my reproof, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strikes you, when terror strikes you like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you.
Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me. Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD, would have none of my counsel and despised all my reproof, therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way, and have their fill of their own devices.
For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them;" Proverbs 1:25-32
"if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses.
How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said,“Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again,“The Lord will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." Hebrews 10:26-31
"But they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit; therefore he turned to be their enemy, and himself fought against them." Isaiah 63:10
You sin against God and God will fight against you Muslim.
So you better understand who it was that died on the cross for your sins Muslim.
God suffered the penalty of sin for you Muslim. and God does not take it lightly that you mock Him for suffering to save you from the fires of hell.
Your rejection of Jesus on the Cross does not sit well with God.
There is only One God Muslim and he loved you so much that He came down from heaven in the form of a man and suffered on the cross for your sake.
Seeker and I are having some important exchanges. Go and play outside.

Lesson: "Proverbs" is not Scripture.

"Hebrews" is a fraud and a forgery.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189699 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of stopping and thinking, it looks like Mary Magdeline, after spending so much time with Jesus, could not recognize a Jesus imposter. I gotta love it when you say stop and think. I don't think you could ever stop and think because you are afraid that if you stopped and thought, you wouldn't know how to start thinking again. LOL!!
Hello VERY lightweight theologian!
YESSSS....STOP AND THINK!!

You don't even know the simple tests I set for you.
Just keep vomiting.
Rabbee correctly named you "demon".
Remember...you are thinking about a dead and risen clueless BJ.
I am thinking of Jesus PBUH who knew EXACTLY what he was doing.
Does that give you a clue?
Probably not...

Why don't you answer simple questions set for you instead of pretending that you know everything.

A) Why didn't BJ marry?
B)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

C)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.
READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.
The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

D) Is Jesus "fully man and fully God"?

E) Define "Trinity" in your own words.

F) Here is a further Trinity conundrum:
Where was god the father when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the ghost when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the son when BJ was on earth (this question may sound weird but there is a reason for it!)?

Where is god the father right now?
Where is god the ghost/spirit right now?
Where is god the son right now?
WHAT JOB IS THE SON DOING RIGHT NOW??
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#189700 Sep 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You have The Torah all stunk up rabbee!
Is Adam the God of The Torah that is coming back?
Are you the God of The Torah eabbee?
You create confusion as who is God in The Torah?
Where did your God come from of The Torah that you speak of?
rabbee: maybe you, should no longer post to me. so as to prevent your increasing, chance of blasphemy. i do not think, you know the danger. you are trying to place, yourself in.
bmz

Location hidden

#189702 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is "they ran away" and liars seized the opportunity to come up with a sin redeeming suicidal maniac through whom pagans can get eternal life of fun.
You are right, bro. Why didn't "john" go to the tomb.
How come an outsider like Mary magda carry spices/oils to rub on BJ (living or dead) in an intimate fashion after having to strip him/body naked?
OR was Mary Magda his wife?
Don't these gospel story writers stop and think?
Hello, bro

The writers of the gospels were men like Ibn Ishaq, Ibn Hisham and Tabari. Each wrote what he heard.

According to the three, Joseph wrapped up the body without applying spices.

According to John, Joseph applied 75 pounds of spices, say about half of Jesus' weight, on the body before he wrapped it. Imagine 75 pounds!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#189703 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
The only answer you ever gave me to this problem is the same kind of answer you just gave above. You never answer the problem, you just condemn me instead. So I can't be more certain that you recognize the problem and how your ideas contradict where the Torah says God will never repeat the actions he took in the story of Noah. So you get angry and condemn instead. That's not going to make the problem go away. It's not my fault that you made this mistake.
rabbee: you lost your right to deserve an answer, a long time ago. you did not accept my answers, even before you committed blasphemy. not wasting my time, on your demonic line of alleged as thought.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189704 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of lies, I don't remember where it says that Joseph took Jesus to be baptized. Maybe I missed the verse.
Speaking of lies, where does it say what BJ did during his missing 29 years?
Yes, you have missed MANY verses because many of these "stories" have been kept away from ordinary folks like you.

Do you really think that G-d boomed out saying "this is my son...blah ..blah"?? LOL!!
How many people heard?
Seems this "god" speaks only greek (lol) as he forgets his hebrew and aramaic.
It was apparently a whisper.lol.
If real G-d chooses to address the whole world, "he" would have made sure the whole world heard in a multitude of languages.
How stupid are you!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#189705 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? It's one thing to be a lunatic, but I'm pretty sick and tired of having to listen to you pretend you have the authority to condemn ANYBODY, when you have no such thing.
rabbee: you condemned yourself by committing blasphemy, all i did was inform you of your doing it. i do not answer to permanent party devils, go away.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189706 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, bro
The writers of the gospels were men like Ibn Ishaq, Ibn Hisham and Tabari. Each wrote what he heard.
According to the three, Joseph wrapped up the body without applying spices.
According to John, Joseph applied 75 pounds of spices, say about half of Jesus' weight, on the body before he wrapped it. Imagine 75 pounds!
Yes, bro!
They can be called Ibn Lizard!
...and 75 pounds of stinky oily spice according to "johnny clueless"!

Just imagine the practicalities of a few weak women going over to the tomb to remove a huge stone permanently placed, so that they could strip BJ naked to apply oils/spices!!!

According to tradition they would have done everything and there was no need for second oiling!

This tells us something that the crosstians don't wish to understand or grasp!

Why didn't J of A do things that were done to a dead person?
Why did the women take the "massage"oils?
.....interesting!!!
Salaams.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189707 Sep 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you condemned yourself by committing blasphemy, all i did was inform you of your doing it. i do not answer to permanent party devils, go away.
He never listens and he never learns, Rabbee.
Be gentle with him, Rabbee, may be he does not know what he is doing when he is under the influence of the serpent.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189708 Sep 19, 2013
Simon wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently his knowledge of the quran is minimal
lol...Simple Simon says ".........."
Alex WM

London, UK

#189709 Sep 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to learn Arabic MUQ.
Muslim scholars have already translated the Quran into the English language.
And one Muslim translator says "Allah is able to do all things"
You seem to have a habit of miss-quoting the Qursn MUQ.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Surah Al Baqarah (2:148)– Can Allah do everything? Allah has power over all things
Posted by Muhammad Awais Tahir at 5:29 AM
&#1608;&#1614;&#16 04;&#1616;&#1603;& #1615;&#1604;&#1617; &#1613; &#1608;&#1616;&#15 80;&#1618;&#1607;& #1614;&#1577;&#1612; &#1607;&#1615;&#16 08;&#1614; &#1605;&#1615;&#16 08;&#1614;&#1604;& #1617;&#1616;&#1610; &#1607;&#1614;&#15 75; &#1601;&#1614;&#15 75;&#1587;&#1618;& #1578;&#1614;&#1576; &#1616;&#1602;&#16 15;&#1608;&#1575;& #1618; &#1575;&#1604;&#16 18;&#1582;&#1614;& #1610;&#1618;&#1585; &#1614;&#1575;&#15 78;&#1616; &#1571;&#1614;&#16 10;&#1618;&#1606;& #1614; &#1605;&#1614;&#15 75; &#1578;&#1614;&#16 03;&#1615;&#1608;& #1606;&#1615;&#1608; &#1575;&#1618; &#1610;&#1614;&#15 71;&#1618;&#1578;& #1616; &#1576;&#1616;&#16 03;&#1615;&#1605;& #1615; &#1575;&#1604;&#16 04;&#1617;&#1607;& #1615; &#1580;&#1614;&#16 05;&#1616;&#1610;& #1593;&#1611;&#1575; &#1573;&#1616;&#16 06;&#1617;&#1614; &#1575;&#1604;&#16 04;&#1617;&#1607;& #1614; &#1593;&#1614;&#16 04;&#1614;&#1609; &#1603;&#1615;&#16 04;&#1617;&#1616; &#1588;&#1614;&#16 10;&#1618;&#1569;& #1613; &#1602;&#1614;&#15 83;&#1616;&#1610;& #1585;&#1612;
And every one has a direction to which he should turn, therefore hasten to (do) good works; wherever you are, Allah will bring you all together; surely Allah has power over all things.
M.H.Shakir's Qur'an Translation
To each is a goal to which Allah turns him; then strive together (as in a race) Towards all that is good. Wheresoever ye are, Allah will bring you Together. For Allah Hath power over all things.
Yusuf Ali's Qur'an Translation
And each one hath a goal toward which he turneth; so vie with one another in good works. Wheresoever ye may be, Allah will bring you all together. Lo! Allah is Able to do all things
Pickthall's Quran Translation
Were they from BJ code book?
lol
Alex WM

London, UK

#189710 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand the first parts from a logical perspective, but why can't God be manifested in three different ways or forms?
Why not 4 trillion forms?
Jesus NEVER said there are ONLY three ways or forms!
G-d NEVER said there are ONLY three ways or forms!
Alex WM

London, UK

#189711 Sep 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Seventh and BEST Prophesy! The famous Deut 18: 18 !!
This is most clear and most direct prophesy about our prophet that is found in any book of the OT and NT and it is so clear and so easily fits on our prophet, that I would LOVE some one try to twist and turn it to fit on the personality of Jesus!!
This is recorded in the Book of Deuteronomy Ch 18:
“So God said to me “They have spoken well, I shall raise up a prophet from their midst, one of their brothers, who will be like you. I will put my words into his mouth and he will tell them all what I command. If some one does not listen to my words when the prophet speaks on my behalf, I will call him to account for it”(Deut. 18: 17-19).
Before I start discussing and explaining it, I want to first state the respective positions of three Major Religious Groups on this:
A. Jews:
If you ask any Jew about this prophesy, who is the intended person in this tprophesy, he will just shrug his arms and say
We have Moses and that is all for us, why should we care for another prophet like Moses.
Christians
Christians also would have ignored this prophesy as of "Little Concern", but because of "Slight reference" in the Gospel of John and to oppose Muslims, they have started saying that this prophesy is about Jesus.
They try to prove by long shots and misinterpret words and intentions of this prophesy and try to cut and paste it on the personality of Jesus.
Muslims:
Muslim scholars say that this is very clear and straightforward prophesy, showing advent of our prophet.
And we have shown that this is not the "Only" prophesy in OT books regarding our prophet, but it is best and very clear in its wordings and point to our prophet very clearly.
But since no prophesy is Direct and mentions names and time etc, so we cannot be 100 % sure that this is about our prophet.
But still, it is very clear and with little pondering, we find that even after 3000 years, there has been no other candidate that can come as close as our prophet is able to come.
This, Inshallah, i.e. God willing we will prove in our discussion on this prophesy.
Salaams and well said, bro..
The best candidate so far is Holy Prophet Muhammed PBUH.
If they can come up with another person, let them do so!
Salaams.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189712 Sep 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: because they all have been, convinced they are in a different story other than from TheG-D of Only TheTorah.
Sounds like it, Rabbee.
The "Christians" believe that Yeshooah has no wife because they choose to be in a different story.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189713 Sep 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: really should thank G-D, for sharpening my dull - sharp skill of observation.
Your humility in the presence of G-d is admirable, Rabbee.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189714 Sep 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The evil in your heart rabbee makes you fart!
You stink rabbee!
You got The Torah all stunk up rabbee with the shit you post that comes out of your mouth!
have you nothing decent to say, dear Shamma

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul 16 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul 14 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Jul 8 Zipp 3
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 7 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun 30 just sayin 3
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May '17 John 14,736
More from around the web