Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
178,341 - 178,360 of 200,098 Comments Last updated 46 min ago
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Questions for Muslims,

By how many things in all of creation did Muhammad swear?

Was Jesus wrong?
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

El Cid wrote:
CORRECTION:
Maybe the REAL GOD would prefer that the Jewish subjects would only use asterisks ***, while others can do as they please, because the REAL GOD has clearly conveyed that using the divine name in vain means swearing an oath, at all, because this makes GOD complicit, when GOD will not be forced to bow to human agencies.
This is a problem with translations. The phrase "in vain" means much more. Look it up in a dictionary--but of course that would require that you know how to read and alphabetize.

The word also means to hold up to disrespect. And it means to render a nullity. If you literally destroy the written name, you have committed the ultimate disrespect and rendered the written name a utter nullity. If one does not write the name, the name cannot be disrespected or rendered a nullity.

So, again, no one asked you to do anything. You of course have decided, like the Queen of Hearts, that all ways must be your ways. If your belief system has a certain tenet, then all other belief systems must follow suit [pun intended]. Just leave others alone. I don't believe in your idea of the Trinity, but I do not think that you cannot so believe.

I don't understand this constant harangue on this thread between the various belief systems. When is everyone going to agree to disagree and move on? My deity is better than your deity. My deity can whip your deity's tush. Give me a break and grow up.
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

El Cid wrote:
When I log off of this site, I am actually destroying the name of GOD that I have typed, as far as my computer is concerned, yet it will remain as a Topix post entry, which ameliorates my sinful disregard, I suppose.
The Muslims have fatwas to address such thorny questions. What do the Rabbis propose?
Why do you care? Leave others to their belief system.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

I know! The Rabbis will advise using the hyphen "-" here in Topix, because it matters to G-d!
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care? Leave others to their belief system.
Belief systems need to make sense, at least to me. Do you care? I SINCERELY doubt it.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a problem with translations. The phrase "in vain" means much more. Look it up in a dictionary--but of course that would require that you know how to read and alphabetize.
Eat shidt and die.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The word also means to hold up to disrespect. And it means to render a nullity. If you literally destroy the written name, you have committed the ultimate disrespect and rendered the written name a utter nullity. If one does not write the name, the name cannot be disrespected or rendered a nullity.
So, again, no one asked you to do anything. You of course have decided, like the Queen of Hearts, that all ways must be your ways. If your belief system has a certain tenet, then all other belief systems must follow suit [pun intended]. Just leave others alone. I don't believe in your idea of the Trinity, but I do not think that you cannot so believe.
I don't understand this constant harangue on this thread between the various belief systems. When is everyone going to agree to disagree and move on? My deity is better than your deity. My deity can whip your deity's tush. Give me a break and grow up.
My, Is your G-d up to speed on all of your rules?
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

I don't think like a Jew, thank GOD.

Uh oh! Does that expressed sentiment doom me to Jewish hell?
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Eat shidt and die.
Oh, my. You can dish it out, but you sure can't take it! Get a life.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Eric,

Your problem is that you worship your form of worship.
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Belief systems need to make sense, at least to me. Do you care? I SINCERELY doubt it.
Why does my belief system have to make sense to you? That's why it's a belief system. Again, I don't accept your idea of the Trinity. It makes no sense to me. But I don't care if you so believe.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my. You can dish it out, but you sure can't take it! Get a life.
Nice try, crybaby.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

GOD or G-D, which Germanic name does the Holy Lofty prefer on Topix?
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

El Cid wrote:
Eric,
Your problem is that you worship your form of worship.
There are laws as set out by G-d, and I follow them to the best of my ability. I don't care if you follow those laws or not.

Remember, this topic started because you criticized Jimmie's use of "G-d". Why do you care what I believe so long as I don't impose my beliefs upon you?
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

What is G-d in Yiddish?
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

What is G-d in Hebrew?
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try, crybaby.
I am not the one who has resorted to vulgarities.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does my belief system have to make sense to you? That's why it's a belief system. Again, I don't accept your idea of the Trinity. It makes no sense to me. But I don't care if you so believe.
My belief is that GOD is bigger than to care about servile fear- filled panderings, like substituting a "-" for an "o" in some analogous descriptive word, because of some obsessive compulsive JEWISH need. As for my idea of the Trinity, have you ever asked me about it?
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

El Cid wrote:
What is G-d in Hebrew?
There are many words for G-d in Hebrew and Yiddish; just like there are many words in English.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the one who has resorted to vulgarities.
That makes you a saint. Congrats!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••