Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Ali Farooq

United States

#188909 Sep 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, Skinner
And imagine that this is supposed to be the first miracle shown immediately by Jesus after he had been baptized by John. This can be called "The miracle for drunkards, whose throats had run dry".
Here, Jesus looks like the Sai Baba of India.
Salaam brother. I do hope you know Shia is the true islam and the mushrikun of Arabia are the puppets of the west.
yusufkhan

Ashburn, VA

#188910 Sep 13, 2013
good ward is LA ilaha illalah muhamadar rasool alah
salalahu alaihi wasallam

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#188911 Sep 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
For God so hated the world that he killed his one and only Son, who had nothing to do with Adam and Eve, in hate and anger. This shows how much was your God fed up and could not think of a better way to beat Satan.
Meaningless and worthless forgeries in John, can only impress ignorant and clueless fools.
So Allah hates the world and killed his only Son, who had nothing to do with Adan and Eve.
And Allah is the God that you worship and did that meaningless and worthless act just ti defeat Satan.
Sound like the God you worship is Satan!
No wonder Muslims are the wild evil savage dogs in the world.

Location hidden

#188912 Sep 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well your upper lip, is getting in the way of nose again.
No rabbee I don't post shit from my ass like you do rabbee, my upper lip is fine.
Sounds like the shit you post has come back to you and is all over your face rabbee.

Location hidden

#188913 Sep 13, 2013
Ali Farooq wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam brother. I do hope you know Shia is the true islam and the mushrikun of Arabia are the puppets of the west.
CHRISTIANITY IS GODS TRUTH:
Muhammad's Muslims religion is Bull-Shit!

Muhammad's Quran promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims!

John 3:16-18

New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188914 Sep 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No rabbee I don't post shit from my ass like you do rabbee, my upper lip is fine.
Sounds like the shit you post has come back to you and is all over your face rabbee.
rabbee: that is not a christian mouth, you have there is it? you claim to be christian, and write like this? no you ain't not christian, i have ever overheard. your messiah seems to have, a filthy mouth and fingers. you must be a reason, people hate christians.

Location hidden

#188915 Sep 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: that is not a christian mouth, you have there is it? you claim to be christian, and write like this? no you ain't not christian, i have ever overheard. your messiah seems to have, a filthy mouth and fingers. you must be a reason, people hate christians.
Your own mouth has caused you disgrace.
You have no way out of your own demise.
Your posting shit from your ass has come back as shit to you and smacked you in your own face.
Now your face is covered with your own shit!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#188916 Sep 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
CHRISTIANITY IS GODS TRUTH:
Muhammad's Muslims religion is Bull-Shit!
Muhammad's Quran promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims!
John 3:16-18
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
For God so hated the world that he killed his one and only Son, who had nothing to do with Adam and Eve, in hate and anger. This shows how much was your God fed up and could not think of a better way to beat Satan.

Meaningless and worthless forgeries in John, can only impress ignorant and clueless fools.

For God so hated the world, that he killed an innocent man. Your God deceived him by saying "Here is my son with whom, I am pleased", and handed him over to the Romans.
bmz

Location hidden

#188917 Sep 14, 2013
Ali Farooq wrote:
Salaams, bro.

I was a Shia for the first eighteen years of my life. After I read and studied Qur'aan, I have distanced myself from Shia and Sunni.

However, I do agree with you that the Arab rulers, the Kings, the Sultans and the Emirs are indeed the puppets of a few Western powers. They are the ones, who have done more damage to Islam than OBL. They are also responsible for all the mess in the region.

Location hidden

#188918 Sep 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
For God so hated the world, that he killed an innocent man. Your God deceived him by saying "Here is my son with whom, I am pleased", and handed him over to the Romans.
You are speaking to your self!
For the things you say in your post are not the teachings from God.

Muslims are wild evil savage dogs because they refuse to accept Gods teachings.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188919 Sep 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let us accept that John wanted to refuse but Jesus insisted! That doesn't matter.
That is the point.
If Jesus had really been sinless, he would not have insisted. And also, if Jesus had been sinless, he would not have gone to get baptized at all!!!
ESV: " Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying,“I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” But Jesus answered him,“Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he consented."
Jesus CAME all the way from Galilee to John, to be baptized!!! And note "John WOULD have ,,,,,,,,,"
Of course, we don't expect Jesus to have said, "Hi, John! I have sinned, please baptize me!"
End of the story!
Luke 2:22 When the time came for the purification rites required by the Law of Moses, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord 23 (as it is written in the Law of the Lord,“Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord”, 24 and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law of the Lord:“a pair of doves or two young pigeons.”

Leviticus 12:8 But if she cannot afford a lamb, she is to bring two doves or two young pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean.

Tell us, bmz, what sin did Mary commit? Surely she DID commit sin, or she would not have made the prescribed sacrifice.

End of story, right?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188920 Sep 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Addendum:

For God so hated the world that he gave it a false religion, Christianity, that would supplant another false religion, Judaism, and that each of these false religions would be trampled underfoot by yet another false religion, Islam, so that in the bloody end of days, the only true religion, Atheism, would triumph!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188921 Sep 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the reverence that the Jews have for the LORD Almighty.
But that is foreign to you. G-d does not care but the Jews do it out of respect. In the case of Christianity, Jesus gets more attention than God, so nobody cares, as God plays the second fiddle.
You should not have objected at all.
If you hadn't added "Almighty" as a descriptive, I wouldn't have known that you were actually referring to the mightiest of the mighty LORDS that be.

(Psst...the LORD doesn't care.)

I suppose that Christians, out of reverence, could also drop the vowels in Jesus' name and replace them with hyphens: J-s-s, but how is this pronounced?

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0203.htm

Exodus 3:13 And Moses said unto God:'Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them: The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me: What is His name? what shall I say unto them?' 14 And God said unto Moses:'I AM THAT I AM'; and He said:'Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I AM hath sent me unto you.'
bmz

Location hidden

#188922 Sep 14, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Luke 2:22 When the time came for the purification rites required by the Law of Moses, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord 23 (as it is written in the Law of the Lord,“Every firstborn male is to be consecrated to the Lord”, 24 and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law of the Lord:“a pair of doves or two young pigeons.”

Leviticus 12:8 But if she cannot afford a lamb, she is to bring two doves or two young pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean.

Tell us, bmz, what sin did Mary commit? Surely she DID commit sin, or she would not have made the prescribed sacrifice.

End of story, right?
Not yet! The story will end, where and when I want it to end.

Comprehension problem, dear Buford.

There is no sin in a woman giving birth to a child. You can see there is no talk about sin in the Luke 2:22 which you brought up. Did Luke add Leviticus 12:8 to Luke 2:22? No!

How come he did not add that? Simply because Mary had committed no sin and was not a sinner.

Leviticus was for the common women. Mary was far above other women in the sight of God and she was sinless, pure and holy.

Leviticus 12 applied to ordinary women.

Why am I, a Muslim, supposed to teach and explain the verses of the Bible to Christians? Can't they understand themselves?

End of the story!
bmz

Location hidden

#188923 Sep 14, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>If you hadn't added "Almighty" as a descriptive, I wouldn't have known that you were actually referring to the mightiest of the mighty LORDS that be.
(Psst...the LORD doesn't care.)
I suppose that Christians, out of reverence, could also drop the vowels in Jesus' name and replace them with hyphens: J-s-s, but how is this pronounced?

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0203.htm
Exodus 3:13 And Moses said unto God:'Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them: The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me: What is His name? what shall I say unto them?' 14 And God said unto Moses:'I AM THAT I AM'; and He said:'Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I AM hath sent me unto you.'
No, Christians cannot write J-s-s. That would be hilarious because Jesus is not God Almighty.
They can do that but it would look silly. When the Jews do that, all can understand.

Comprehension problem again.

See, Buford, it is quite clear in Exodus 3 that God DID NOT say unto Moses at all, "My name is I AM THAT I AM".

And to me, "I AM hath sent me unto you.", is absurd because in the next lines, God tells to mention God of Abraham, etc. It could have been a scribal error.

If God had told Moses that his name was "I AM THAT I AM", the Jews would be boldly telling you and us that God's name is "I AM THAT I AM" but that is not the case.

That "I AM THAT I AM" in Hebrew, also means "I will always be what I am". So by that token, did God say unto Moses, "Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I WILL hath sent me unto you.'"?

That name does not work.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188924 Sep 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet! The story will end, where and when I want it to end.
Comprehension problem, dear Buford.
There is no sin in a woman giving birth to a child. You can see there is no talk about sin in the Luke 2:22 which you brought up. Did Luke add Leviticus 12:8 to Luke 2:22? No!
How come he did not add that? Simply because Mary had committed no sin and was not a sinner.
Leviticus was for the common women. Mary was far above other women in the sight of God and she was sinless, pure and holy.
Leviticus 12 applied to ordinary women.
Why am I, a Muslim, supposed to teach and explain the verses of the Bible to Christians? Can't they understand themselves?
End of the story!
Idiot,

There is no talk of Jesus's supposed sins in Matthew, either, when he presents himself to John for baptism, but you're CERTAIN that he committed sin! Mary, on the other hand, was "sinless, pure and holy," even as she UNNECESSARILY offers two birds in sacrifice at Jesus'(J-s-s') presentation, one as a burnt offering, one as a sin offering, per Lev. 12.

You've never made much sense. In short, you understand nothing.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#188925 Sep 14, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Hey 19,
You REALLY ARE completely full of shit. Before I only suspected it.
SalaamZ EC. LOL! Only in YOUR little world. CheerZ
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188926 Sep 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your own mouth has caused you disgrace.
You have no way out of your own demise.
Your posting shit from your ass has come back as shit to you and smacked you in your own face.
Now your face is covered with your own shit!
rabbee: is there a reason, you write like a daemon with expletives? do you always talk, like baal hamolech G-D hates also? and you want any one, to take you serious? keep your demonic life, to yourself.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#188927 Sep 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence, what we see in the way Islam deals with the deity and personage of Christ is that they will go right to the brink, and then fail to take that all-important step of faith to trust in His deity. Islam acknowledges His sinlessness, His conception through a virgin, and that He was indeed from God (as far as being a prophet is concerned). Muslims say and believe that He performed many miracles, and that He is the Messiah who intercedes before God on behalf of man. Yet, they turn back at understanding and believing what this all means. Christ's virgin birth and sinlessness point to His deity. His position as the Messiah, who was to die for the sins of the world, made Him the only one who could be the spotless sacrifice for man's sin. God Himself was the only acceptable sacrifice to God to take away man's sin guilt, as He is the only one who has never sinned, and thus is spotless and righteous in His own right.
SalaamZ dear Shammy...Great post.I see you managed to turn down the flame of hate rants! Good for you. here,s one small point one must take into consideration before foisting all of ones sins onto the shoulders of Jesus(pbuh). On the day of judgement when each and every one of us stands before The Almighty Face-to-Face.We will be judged by the good and the bad WE have done in our lives.Do you think for one minute that GOD-Himself is going to excuse ANY of your sins just because You THINK Jesus Interceeded for you!? L A U G H A B L E!! This is one of the many reasons christians lose their logic.You and only you are responsible for your sins.The only one that forgives them is The Almighty! No lawyer,no messiah,no pretend stand in.Now start takeing responsibility for your actions,vices,etc,and you,ll be miles ahead of those who just skip over it thinking Jesus is going to talk GOD out of Judgeing you for your actions.LOL! CheerZ
Alex WM

London, UK

#188928 Sep 14, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ dear Shammy...Great post.I see you managed to turn down the flame of hate rants! Good for you. here,s one small point one must take into consideration before foisting all of ones sins onto the shoulders of Jesus(pbuh). On the day of judgement when each and every one of us stands before The Almighty Face-to-Face.We will be judged by the good and the bad WE have done in our lives.Do you think for one minute that GOD-Himself is going to excuse ANY of your sins just because You THINK Jesus Interceeded for you!? L A U G H A B L E!! This is one of the many reasons christians lose their logic.You and only you are responsible for your sins.The only one that forgives them is The Almighty! No lawyer,no messiah,no pretend stand in.Now start takeing responsibility for your actions,vices,etc,and you,ll be miles ahead of those who just skip over it thinking Jesus is going to talk GOD out of Judgeing you for your actions.LOL! CheerZ
SalaamZ, Brilliant and very well done dear Rabbeen Al Jihad, the skinner of sinners!

Seems dear Shammy is looking at some sites that are slightly less hate filled for his/her cut & paste!

You are absolutely correct about Mr BJ ( I use this term to keep a clear distinction between Jesus PBUH and Mr. BJ, the Mr Bean equivalent of Old Palestine(!), the invented biological "Son"
of "humanoid god", the king of invented heavens and the defence lawyer for all mankind although he hated Gentiles!) who could not even save himself!

I was lmao, reading your earlier posts about Mr. BJ and his escapades.
No wonder the Church censored his 29 years of naughty deeds until he was dragged to the river Jordan by his father Joseph who stood on top of a hill while his son with dirty matted hair was given a good few dunking to get properly cleaned.

A dove mistook his head for a nest and tried to land on it.

After a nice wash by John, Mr. BJ looked clean and his father from the hill top shouted out...“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”...and took Mr. BJ back home to give him some food!

Oh...I am waiting for the BJ worshippers to tell me where the living (tadpole) water came from, what it looked like and how it was drunk!!!!(gobble gobble!).
CheerZ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm searching for answers Feb 14 You and everyone 3
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
News How to Cast a Spell to Levitate Objects (Jun '10) Feb 5 Arturo 6
News "Juggalos" Speak Out After Arson Arrests (Sep '07) Feb 2 Boogie man 50
Journalism Diorama(s): Pluralism Theocracy Jan '18 Abishai100 1
Journaling Questions for Deeper Exploration Dec '17 Raavyncloud 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Dec '17 kaleb 18
More from around the web