Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 220852 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188536 Sep 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Brother for your appreciation.
What you need is to be on the Right Side of truth and then every things becomes easy.
The problem is that Mr. Seeker is standing on the left side of truth and thinks he is on the right side!!
Look, I say what I believe in detail, and I answer every single point you try to make in detail, while you ignore half of the things that I say and only answer the parts you think you can answer and then pretend the other parts never even existed. Sorry, but this is not a discussion, it is merely a complete attempt at manipulation on your part and picking and choosing what you want to answer, and what you don't want to answer and then dictating the order that YOU want the discussion to go or think it should go so that it is most beneficial for your ideas. This simply is not a proper discussion in any universes, and I am not going to allow this nonsense anymore and I never should have in the first place.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why he throws tantrums,
I only object to the way you are conducting this conversation. You have dictated what can be asked and what cannot and have dictated the order in which things shall be discussed. That isn't right in any universe and it is not going to continue. Just because your twisted sense of reasoning can't see the problem with this, does not mean that anybody should appease it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
starts calling me and my prophet names,
I said Muhammad condoned rape and I proved it using Islamic sources themselves and you had nothing specific to say about that except to call me biased. Well if I am biased, then so is Bukhari and Sahih Muslim where these things can be found. And so is the Quran itself where condoning of rape is also found. You make it sound like I am just making all of this up out of thin air, but I quote the sources accurately and all you can do is to level some general, incorrect charge of bias to avoid specifically addressing what I have quoted. Sorry, but that ain't gunna work. This is yet another reason why I have no more interest in pursuing this with you. You cannot conduct yourself properly in a fair, two sided, objective manner, so you do not deserve someone's time and attention.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
starts abusing him and does every type of dramatics, except proving "who" is the object of prophesies which I Quote to him.
I don't have to prove who they are. YOU are the one who makes the claim, so the burden of proof is on you. Hasn't anybody ever taught you that? Where do you get your twisted sense of logic from that violates basic reasoning? You have it completely backwards. If you make the claim, then the burden of proof is on you. Have you noticed that if I say I think Isaiah 9:6 is about Jesus, I try to explain why I think that and I have never challenged you to tell me who YOU think it applies to? That's because the burden of proof is upon me if I make the claim. Same exact thing if you make a claim about Muhammad being the one prophecised. How come nobody has ever explained this very basic rule to you? This is what I mean about you having no decent education.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the general condition of every one of these "experts"...
Just watch what happens when we reach Deut. 18:18, which he was dieing for when we started this discussion, now he will say, he is already done and does not feel any "inner urge" to respond to my post.
Sad end to one, who started with so much energy, is it not?
I thank you brother for your support and appreciation.
Regards,
MUQ
No, what is really sad is your complete lack of proper education and the fact that you don't even have any idea of all of the logic errors you are making because you are not educated enough to realize them. What is also sad is all of the time I have wasted with someone like you when I should have known better right from the beginning.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188537 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No!
Was I supposed to?
I saw the post and responded.
And you didn't read the post I was responding to to get an idea of why I replied with those verses? If not, then maybe this explains why you often behave in such a clueless manner. I'm always assuming that you fully read things and their context, but maybe I should stop assuming that. Now this is starting to make a little more sense to me. Sometimes, it isn't that you just can't understand, it's that you don't even bother to. The reasons for some of your posts seeming so clueless have just gotten a little less mysterious to me.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188538 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is he correct nor you are on this, Seeker. And why did you bring up Qur'aan when it had nothing to do with these wild and strange visions?
Because you are reading symbolic visions in the Bible in the same manner that you read the Quran and I have explained to you that one cannot do this as often the Bible uses symbolic language. And my example of the prophecies in Daniel which parallel some of the ones in Revelations proves it. First it gives the vision, THEN it actually says what the symbolic visions actually mean. They are NOT literal, they are symbolic. So the visions are symbolic and not to be taken literally.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You accuse of bringing in the Bible. Right?
I am not attacking the Quran to defend the Bible as attacking the Quran does nothing at all to defend the Bible. I never make that logical error like you do. And in this case, I'm not even defending the Bible, I am telling you how to read it properly. I merely brought the Quran up to tell you that you are not supposed to read certain parts of the Bible the way someone is supposed to read the Quran, aka literally. I cannot understand why I have to explain this to you. Why do I have to explain common sense to you?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the other way round. John was so obsessed with the lamb that he built his dreams by plagiarizing Daniel's dreams.
It is Revelation that paralleled Daniel after a huge span of time.{/QUOTE]

That has absolutely nothing at all to do with whether visions like these are to be taken literally or symbolically. What is the matter with your sense of reason?

[QUOTE who="bmz"]<quoted text>
Interpretation is a different matter. What both saw were really animals and strange beasts.
And in Daniel, the actual meanings of the symbolic visions were explained in the same chapter after the symbolic visions were mentioned. That should tell you right there how one is supposed to take these visions. Symbolically. Honestly, what is so hard for you to understand about this?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188539 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Before hitting the keyboard, you must read and understand first. Seeker and I were not discussing Daniel's dream.
We were talking about the bloodied 4-legged lamb that John saw in his vision or dream. You can find that in Revelation.
Did Daniel see a bloodied lamb in his vision. Did he see a lamb opening scrolls with his hooves?
Think before you butt in aimlessly.
Before wanted to answer me and hitting the keyboard you must think and read thrice or even more to understand simple posts.

I suggested you to read about Daniel's dreams/visions because they are symbolic, a concept totally unknown to you and they have something in common with what you and Seeker were discussing about.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188540 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is really getting not only absurd but also hilarious. His three spirits? Please have mercy upon God.
He said three manifestations not three spirits. Do you know what the word manifestation means? I'm assuming that you do, but maybe I assume too much about you and what appears to be stupidity, might actually just be that you actually don't understand the meaning of a word. And if that's the case, that's fine. Just ask and people would be more than happy to clarify for you. English isn't your first language, so you are under no obligation to know what all the words mean and asking for clarification is perfectly acceptable and maybe even advisable.

Location hidden

#188541 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We?
So far, I have not yet found a single cognizant Christian, who has been able to explain Trinity in his own words.
Since you have a pretty clear idea about that absurdity, please enlighten me in your own words and do not post preposterous links and quotes.
Spit it out in your own words, please!
This is where I used the word 'we' in the post you have answered to:

"This is why we don't believe you were a priest, among the other things you claimed to have been."

It's pretty much clear that the context was about the false identity of Alex and not about the Trinity you are so much obsessed about.

I can't help you to analize your weird obsessions.

As for Trinity, in the past I've already explained you about, and not just me but also other people. The result was that there is no point to explain anything to a dunce with a thick head who for irony, thinks to be intelligent and well educated. LMAO
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188542 Sep 11, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Before wanted to answer me and hitting the keyboard you must think and read thrice or even more to understand simple posts.
I suggested you to read about Daniel's dreams/visions because they are symbolic, a concept totally unknown to you and they have something in common with what you and Seeker were discussing about.
Now how did I know right away as simple common sense why you were bringing Daniel up, but I still cannot explain this to him, even when I have done so in detail twice? It's mesmerizing. I'll never understand the mental block, no matter how hard I try.

Location hidden

#188543 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Colonic purger...!
Here is your English Lesson xx:
You must not say: "... we don't believe"
You must say: "...I don't believe"
Why mustn't I say 'we don't believe' but I must say I don't believe? Let us see your reasoning skills and English.

Location hidden

#188544 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Colonic purger...!
Here is your English Lesson xx:
You must revise your notes on "first person singular" and "first person plural", ok?
That's a good boy. Now reun back to the choir and lend your ass to the priest.
Reun? LOL

Is this your English?

He always underlines the typo his antagonists. Now look who has made the typo...
Alex WM

London, UK

#188545 Sep 11, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
"Before wanted to answer me"?
He suggested "Daniel dreams"...not Daniel's dreams/visions.
When Daniel dreams his dreams will be Daniel's dreams!

When will this moron admit that he is a closet Catholic.
We are waiting for his expert opinion on the Trinity including answers to these questions:

A)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

B)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.

READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.

The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………

Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

C) Is Jesus "fully man and fully God"?

D) Define what a Trinity is in your own words.

Location hidden

#188546 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, bro
Stefano's post #188437 on Page 8898, where he wrote:
"It's pretty clear you have no whatsoever idea of what Trinity is.
You really lack of basic infos about it.
This is why we don't believe you were a priest, among the other things you claimed to have been."
And my post #188472 on page 8900, where I wrote:
"We?
So far, I have not yet found a single cognizant Christian, who has been able to explain Trinity in his own words.
Since you have a pretty clear idea about that absurdity, please enlighten me in your own words and do not post preposterous links and quotes.
Spit it out in your own words, please!"
Yes, that was the one:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
Now, the onus is on Stefano to explain Trinity to us in his own simple words. Please ignore Shamma's silly inputs, if any.
Salaams
BMZ
Is this couple once again not able to understand each other? Please don't give the stupid response of the other day... Don't tell me it was sarcasm etc. We never bought that BS before.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188547 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is he correct nor you are on this, Seeker. And why did you bring up Qur'aan when it had nothing to do with these wild and strange visions? You accuse of bringing in the Bible. Right?
It is the other way round. John was so obsessed with the lamb that he built his dreams by plagiarizing Daniel's dreams.
It is Revelation that paralleled Daniel after a huge span of time..
Interpretation is a different matter. What both saw were really animals and strange beasts.
Seeker carries on "seeing" things that suit his mental condition and limited ability. I am sure when seeker hallucinates he will see strange beasts.
Regarding Daniel and John...may be they saw seeker shamma and stephanie in their respective dreams? LOL...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188548 Sep 11, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help you to analize your weird obsessions.
Nobody can.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
As for Trinity, in the past I've already explained you about, and not just me but also other people. The result was that there is no point to explain anything to a dunce with a thick head who for irony, thinks to be intelligent and well educated. LMAO
That's probably about the best way anybody could put it. And even if he was moderately intelligent, if he doesn't want an explanation to work, then he is going to make himself not understand it. So it is indeed rather pointless. I really don't even know why they bother to ask when they don't want an answer. They set up some sort of really weird block in their mind and it goes into zombie mode. I'll never understand it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188549 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Before wanted to answer me"?
He suggested "Daniel dreams"...not Daniel's dreams/visions.
What do you think the difference is? Did I actually just read what you just said? I must be hallucinating. Let me come back a little later and see if your answer is still there, just in case I am, because I can't believe what I am reading.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
When Daniel dreams his dreams will be Daniel's dreams!
LOL!!! What in God's name is that statement supposed to mean? When Daniel dreams, who elses dreams are they supposed to be? Why did you say this?
Alex WM

London, UK

#188550 Sep 11, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Reun? LOL
Is this your English?
He always underlines the typo his antagonists. Now look who has made the typo...
Hello clueless Pizza boy...
That was a typo and I posted a correction immediately, not that it matters to you!

Try this one for size:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You must tell us all about your Trinity.
Since you claim to know all about "Trinity and Christianity" I shall expect you to answer all my questions.
Do not run off!!!!
But first, here is your English Lesson xx:
You must revise your notes on "first person singular" and "first person plural", ok?
That's a good boy. Now go back to your choir and lend your ass to the priest.

Location hidden

#188551 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice why I quoted them?
LOL

Like the person who points the finger to the man and bmz only looks at the finger.

I can't believe those two idiots are really funny. If I have to tell to my friends what am reading here they won't believe that actually exist two idiots like that.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188552 Sep 11, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Reun? LOL
Is this your English?
You must tell us all about your Trinity.
Since you claim to know all about "Trinity and Christianity" I shall expect you to answer all my questions.
Do not run off!!!!
But first, here is your English Lesson xx:
That's a good boy. Now go back to your choir and lend your ass to the priest.

Location hidden

#188553 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a thought...
Since when you think?
Alex WM

London, UK

#188554 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody can.
<quoted text>
That's probably about the best way anybody could put it. And even if he was moderately intelligent, if he doesn't want an explanation to work, then he is going to make himself not understand it. So it is indeed rather pointless. I really don't even know why they bother to ask when they don't want an answer. They set up some sort of really weird block in their mind and it goes into zombie mode. I'll never understand it.
Fluff and flannel but no answers to any question put to this deranged antisemitic Islamophobic lunatic.

A)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

B)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.

READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.

The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………

Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

C) Is Jesus "fully man and fully God"?

D) Define what a Trinity is in your own words.

Location hidden

#188555 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Now how did I know right away as simple common sense why you were bringing Daniel up, but I still cannot explain this to him, even when I have done so in detail twice? It's mesmerizing. I'll never understand the mental block, no matter how hard I try.
Well, maybe it's my fault he already has to digest the four legged lamb etc. Too much informations may confused his poor and pathetic brain too much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 14 hr Reason Personified 14,660
News The Divine Right of Kings and Generals (Aug '13) Mon The Prophet Smell... 28
HELP Wicca Covens in my area! (Jun '09) Sun NewWiccanMember 62
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) May 28 Kathwynn 503
Pagans gather for elaborate Wiccan funeral of c... May 28 shell 1
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... May 23 Dragnet52 5
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) May 21 Debra 49
More from around the web