Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256288 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#188600 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you aren't even going to answer my last post to you. That's fine.
I have already commented on Islam and women. Amongst the clearest examples of Islam's honoring women is the great status of the mother in Islam. Islam commands kindness, respect and obedience to parents and specifically emphasizes and gives preference to the mother. Islam raises parents to a status greater than that found in any other religion or ideology.

I know you have many mental health issues. Perhaps your attention span is not as good as it used to be. I am sorry about all that but, dear deranged Islamophobe.....you must FIRST answer my questions as your response is long overdue.

Allow me to remind you:

Let's keep exposing the fraud:

A)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

B)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.
READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.
The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

C) Is Jesus "fully man and fully God"?

D) Define "Trinity" in your own words.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188601 Sep 11, 2013
BMZ, just to add one more piece of information. A person's body, their thoughts and their inner spirit or soul are all three distinct and different things of this thing called me, and yet, at the same time, each of these can be called me, depending upon the context or situation we are speaking of. So if we have three distinct, separate and different aspects to us, and yet each of them can be looked at as me, depending upon the situation, why is it so impossible for God to be this way?
Alex WM

London, UK

#188602 Sep 11, 2013
Shamma's claim no.3.
"If God was just a single Spirit He could not be presence every where at the same time".

Let us look at it closely:
Where was god the father when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the ghost when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the son when BJ was on earth (this question may sound weird but there is a reason for it!)?

Where is god the father right now?
Where is god the ghost/spirit right now?
Where is god the son right now?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188603 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely NOTHING here explaining the unholy "trinity".
- Why just THREE? Why not TEN or even a zillion to explain Shamma's Sun/light theory!?
This is what Shamma said:
1. The Trinity is the Spirit of God Manifested as three persons of God performing the Will of God....(**Why not more than three?)
Because there aren't any more ever mentioned. If we stick Mary in there, as the Quran stupidly did, then there would be four. But there is no reason to stick her in there, let alone replace the Holy Spirit with her like the Quran stupidly did. So that was yet another completely idiotic question on your part.
news

New York, NY

#188604 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed....
This is the absurdity that I have been trying to tease out of the fools by asking "Is BJ the son of God or the son of god the father?"!!!
Let me see if I can clear some smoke ( or will make it more smoky, who knows).

I tried to understand Christian Trinity from the Christian literature and as well by talkig to Christians and theologians as well. Most Christians cannot explain. Most cleric (pastor or priest) also fails to explain propery. I was happy with asnwers from some theologians.

Hower Alex - to you question, you ask was Jesus Son of God or son of god.

Can you first asnwer - what is your understanding of 'son of god'(or even Son of God' is?

Because I grew up with Muslims and most Muslims do not understand of misunderstand Christian concept of 'Son of God'.

It took me a while as well to undertand what Christians mean by 'Son of God'.

Muslims presses Christians to justify 'son of God' as they (Muslims) understand what 'son of God' possibly is.

If you wnat me to post a few lines on this topic, please help me by asnwerinf first how you think or take what 'son of God' is .... please post with you reply and I'll continue again ..
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188605 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already commented on Islam and women. Amongst the clearest examples of Islam's honoring women is the great status of the mother in Islam. Islam commands kindness, respect and obedience to parents and specifically emphasizes and gives preference to the mother.
Well you forgot to mention women's testimony being worth half of a man's and the hadiths where Muhammad called women stupid and said that hell will be filled mostly with women. I know you have never read these because you are very uneducated about Islam, but I have and I can quote them if you would like.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188606 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there aren't any more ever mentioned. If we stick Mary in there, as the Quran stupidly did, then there would be four. But there is no reason to stick her in there, let alone replace the Holy Spirit with her like the Quran stupidly did. So that was yet another completely idiotic question on your part.
We have explained the Quran's stupidity which turns out to be sheer brilliance. If you could not understand it I am happy to explain AGAIN some other time.

But first, you must answer all my questions instead of ducking and diving.

There are not many things mentioned in the Gospels but you are prepared to stretch your imagination even to a point where BJ is "god".

Similarly why NOT more than three?

Why not TEN or even a zillion to explain Shamma's Sun/light theory!?

God NEVER limited it to three in the Bible!!!!! DID HE?

Here is a further Trinity conundrum:
Where was god the son when BJ was on earth (this question may sound weird but there is a reason for it!)?

You have to answer these too:
A)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?

B)
……
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”

Alex WM

London, UK

#188607 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you forgot to mention women's testimony being worth half of a man's and the hadiths where Muhammad called women stupid and said that hell will be filled mostly with women. I know you have never read these because you are very uneducated about Islam, but I have and I can quote them if you would like.
I concentrate on the Quran.
I shall leave gospels and hadith to the likes of you.
Where in the Bible do you see better treatment of women.
Women get the best treatment in Islam while the Church does not even think that women have a soul!
Women are accused of everything under the sun in the "bible".
Even good old "god" curses them!
Quran addresses both men and women when the "bible" is male chauvinistic and this is evidenced by the TRINTY!!!!

Where is god the daughter???

Come off it....
Alex WM

London, UK

#188608 Sep 11, 2013
@ seeker....
Quran addresses both men and women when the "bible" is male chauvinistic and this is evidenced by the TRINITY!!!!

Come off it....
Alex WM

London, UK

#188609 Sep 11, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to understand Christian Trinity from the Christian literature and as well by talkig to Christians and theologians as well. Most Christians cannot explain. Most cleric (pastor or priest) also fails to explain propery. I was happy with asnwers from some theologians.
Can you first asnwer - what is your understanding of 'son of god'(or even Son of God' is?
Because I grew up with Muslims and most Muslims do not understand of misunderstand Christian concept of 'Son of God'.
Muslims presses Christians to justify 'son of God' as they (Muslims) understand what 'son of God' possibly is.
If you wnat me to post a few lines on this topic, please help me by asnwerinf first how you think or take what 'son of God' is .... please post with you reply and I'll continue again ..
Dear "news", thank you.
I do know the difference between son of god and son of god the father, but I want the Christians to come off the fence!!
Let them tell me.

Is BJ the "son of God" or the "son of god the father"?

When they answer this they know all hell will break loose!!
Thanks.

PS: Trust me...many Christians don't know what son of god means!
Been there done it and worn the T shirt.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188610 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
We have explained the Quran's stupidity which turns out to be sheer brilliance. If you could not understand it I am happy to explain AGAIN some other time.
LOL!!! Just too much. And the funny part is that you are actually a real person, not a beta spam bot posing as a retard.
news

New York, NY

#188611 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
@ seeker....
Quran addresses both men and women when the "bible" is male chauvinistic and this is evidenced by the TRINITY!!!!
Come off it....
Intesting post.

Bible has women prophets.
Quran has only male prophets.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188612 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
BMZ, just to add one more piece of information. A person's body, their thoughts and their inner spirit or soul are all three distinct and different things of this thing called me, and yet, at the same time, each of these can be called me, depending upon the context or situation we are speaking of. So if we have three distinct, separate and different aspects to us, and yet each of them can be looked at as me, depending upon the situation, why is it so impossible for God to be this way?
This is an absurd analogy when it comes to daddie, sonnie and ghostie, BECAUSE sonnie DIED!!

Perhaps it might work in your case...with body, thoughts and inner spirit....as your thoughts appear to be non existent.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188613 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I concentrate on the Quran.
What are you talking about?? 99% of your posts are about Christianity on an Islam forum. And to make matters worse, 95% of them are basically the same exact post. Thank God for copy and paste, eh? You can't defend Islam because the truth of the matter is that you aren't very well studied in it. Maybe I can call BMZ pretty well studied in it, but I most certainly could never call you that. you haven't been able to have one serious conversation about Islam that I can ever recall.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188614 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
@ seeker....
Come off it....
OMG!!!! LOL!!! Well, Muhammad didn't think that Christians were all that chauvinistic. In fact, he thought that Mary was part of the Trinity.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188615 Sep 11, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way "news", if you believe that Mary gave birth to a child, then that child was 100% human and not an alien or a mutant.
Mary's human child was circumcised when he was 8 days old.
Nearly 30+ years of this human have been wiped off by liars to turn him into a mutant mangod from outer space!!
It does not work.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188616 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear "news", thank you.
I do know the difference between son of god and son of god the father, but I want the Christians to come off the fence!!
Let them tell me.
Is BJ the "son of God" or the "son of god the father"?
When they answer this they know all hell will break loose!!
Thanks.
PS: Trust me...many Christians don't know what son of god means!
Been there done it and worn the T shirt.
Well, this is where they get some of their ideas from.

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied,“but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them,“Is it not written in your Law,‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said,‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.

Now I know you will reject this because it comes from John, but it's not like Christians are inventing these ideas out of nowhere. To them, these ideas have scriptural basis. And why bother to just reject John when you are supposed to reject all of the Gospels? I have no idea why you even want quotes from what you consider to be corrupted books anyway. It makes absolutely no sense at all, but then again, you never do.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188617 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Just too much. And the funny part is that you are actually a real person, not a beta spam bot posing as a retard.
You seem to jump in with your expert view on unrelated issues while you haven't the balls to answer these!!

Why, because you CAN'T answer them?...poor you!!

B)
……
…………………………
2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"

E) Here is a further Trinity conundrum:

Alex WM

London, UK

#188618 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?? 99% of your posts are about Christianity on an Islam forum. And to make matters worse, 95% of them are basically the same exact post. Thank God for copy and paste, eh? You can't defend Islam because the truth of the matter is that you aren't very well studied in it. Maybe I can call BMZ pretty well studied in it, but I most certainly could never call you that. you haven't been able to have one serious conversation about Islam that I can ever recall.
Seems you CAN'T answer SIMPLE questions! That makes you are clueless moron.
But I shall keep asking until you get the answers from your mummy...
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to jump in with your expert view on unrelated issues while you haven't the balls to answer these!!

Why, because you CAN'T answer them?...poor you!!

B)
……
…………………………
2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"

E) Here is a further Trinity conundrum:

Alex WM

London, UK

#188619 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!!! LOL!!! Well, Muhammad didn't think that Christians were all that chauvinistic. In fact, he thought that Mary was part of the Trinity.
Why don't the Christians have a god the daughter if they can have god the son!!
Answer the question instead of diverting attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug 14 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug 7 Trump Rules Zippy 9
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul '17 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul '17 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun '17 just sayin 3
More from around the web