Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 224821 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188437 Sep 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's stick to "god being a holy trinity", Shamma.
Please explain....
When BJ looked up to heaven and was shouting to father..."why have you forsaken me?"..was he talking to himself or to a higher being?
These two seem to be distinct persons.
The dove also is a separate thing.
Very confusing!
....
You say "god" is a holy trinity?
is "god" the father a holy trinity or only PART of the holy trinity?
is "god" the son a holy trinity or only PART of the holy trinity?
is "god" the ghost a holy trinity or ony PART of the holy trinity?
Are you ok?
It's pretty clear you have no whatsoever idea of what Trinity is. You really lack of basic infos about it. This is why we don't believe you were a priest, among the other things you claimed to have been.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188438 Sep 10, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well you claim that G-D never made The-Heavens and the earth.
No I didn't. How could they exist if God never did that?
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
every time G-D gives this story, THEY have to do it all over again. or G-D would be the liar instead of you.
and G-D did not, ever destroy all living creatures. there is always Noach, His-Family, and the animals. as long as that happens, G-D has not destroyed all living things.
that is the covenant, G-D made with Noach. that Noach, His-Family and the animals shall always be survived. THEY are not talking about any of you, or your grandchildren your all attempting to drown again.
It said that God will never do what he did AGAIN, not that God never did it. And if everything has repeated itself as you clearly say, then this means that God did it multiple times. But the verses I quoted clearly state that God will not ever do it again. Nice try, but it didn't work. Would you like to try something else that actually works?

You really don't reason very well do you, in spite of your claimed five Degrees. I forgot to mention, that this is the second place where I think you actually lied. For the most part, I believe that you actually believe your own delusions, so I can't say that you are lying, even if they are completely false delusions. But in two instances, I believe that you have flat out and knowingly lied. Not God, YOU. You don't have anything to do with God, so you and God are two completely separate issues. I would never say that God has ever lied, but occasionally YOU lie to try to get people to believe in your own personal delusions that actually have nothing to do with God at all. And in the case of people seeing you glow blue, you lied. And in the case of your claim of having five Degrees, you lied.

Again, I am not accusing God of lying at all because I believe it is impossible for God to ever lie. I am clearly accusing YOU of lying in two particular instances. Is my accusation clear enough for you to properly understand or would you like me to reexplain it and clarify it in another way? I most certainly will if you need me to until you understand EXACTLY what I am saying about you. I certainly don't want any lingering confusion about that, and if you try to purposefully create confusion, I will look at you as even more of a liar. And I have already seen initial attempts on your part to do exactly that. I know the game. I know the drill. And try as you may, but tactics such as thyat will never work.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188439 Sep 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Quran a book supposed to be written in pure arabic is filled of foreign words coming from Hebrew, Coptic, Syrian, Ethiopian, Persian, Greek and Indian etc.
Well, my research has suggested the same thing. Yet the Quran itself supposedly claims it is in Arabic, so that they can understand it. And that statement alone proves that Islam was not created for mankind, it was created for the Arabs who had nothing like what the Jews and Christians had. To me, it seems like Muhammad had some admiration for what they had, so he decided to create a version of it for his fellow Arabs. So he hijacked what they had, rewrote some things to suit his needs, and then leveled the charge of corruption against the things that he stole from so that his rewrites or changes could never be questioned. It's not very difficult to figure out.

But if you are an uneducated pagan Arab who had no idea of the religions Muhammad claimed he was completing, you will not know enough to see through the scam. But an overwhelming majority of Jews and Christians who knew the religions that Muhammad was claiming to complete could see through it right away.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#188440 Sep 10, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
No Christian holidays are also pagan.
But we are discussing Islamic Eid and Ramadan being pagan here.
News---No Christian holidays are also pagan.

HughBe--- Here is good news, you are not totally correct. Some Christians holidays are not pagan.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188441 Sep 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Shakespeare ever claim to write in pure English, dummy?
It really even gets tiresome to even bother to call this guy a dummy anymore because it has to be done so often. And he never gets it anyway. He thinks you are calling him dummy because you are just jealous of how smart he is. That's how stupid he actually is.
Alex WM

UK

#188442 Sep 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Shakespeare ever claim to write in pure English, dummy?
and did Muhammad ever claim to reveal in pure Arabic, dummy?
news

Jersey City, NJ

#188443 Sep 10, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so what pagan holidays do you have, besides your birthday and weekends? what holidays do you, take off or get off for?
I used eat a lot of halal meat thinking some ficticious old hag named Abraham had something to do with bs of semetic G-D. Aparently fgured out three groups of people got fooled by bearded savages. So now a day no particular holiday. How about yourself mate?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188444 Sep 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Englsih expert...
Well apparently, he understands the subtleties of English better than you do, and from what I can tell, he lives in Italy whereas you live in the UK. So how does that happen? I would venture to say that BMZ knows the subtleties of English better than you do, and good for him because that is his second or even third language, not the native language of where he lives. So that's actually quite impressive. Now if his reasoning skills actually adjusted to go along with his English knowledge, that would be really impressive.

But either way, what's your excuse? You have neither the language skills nor the reasoning skills of people who don't even live in the UK. And in the case of BMZ, he has never even been exposed to a really good western education system whereas I assume you have. So again, what's your excuse? What happened? You are supposed to have been taught basic common sense and reasoning skills, as this is supposed to be a basic part of the British education curriculum.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188445 Sep 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
and did Muhammad ever claim to reveal in pure Arabic, dummy?
16:103 (Y. Ali) We know indeed that they say, "It is a man that teaches him." The tongue of him they wickedly point to is notably foreign, while this is arabic, pure and clear.

12:2 (Y. Ali) We have sent it down as an arabic Qur'an, in order that ye may learn wisdom.

13:37 (Y. Ali) Thus have We revealed it to be a judgment of authority in arabic.

20:113 (Y. Ali) Thus have We sent this down - an arabic Qur'an

41:3 (Y. Ali) A Book, whereof the verses are explained in detail;- a Qur'an in arabic, for people who understand;

41:44 (Y. Ali) Had We sent this as a Qur'an (in the language) other than arabic, they would have said: "Why are not its verses explained in detail? What!(a Book) not in arabic and (a Messenger an Arab?"

42:7 (Y. Ali) Thus have We sent by inspiration to thee an arabic Qur'an

43:3 (Y. Ali) We have made it a Qur'an in arabic, that ye may be able to understand
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188446 Sep 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty clear you have no whatsoever idea of what Trinity is. You really lack of basic infos about it. This is why we don't believe you were a priest, among the other things you claimed to have been.
Really??? LOL!!!! BTW, apparently he has has also claimed to have been a Rabbi as well. Might as well throw that hat into the ring while we are at it for good measure. Why not? Couldn't hurt, according to his mind. But it's already so pathetic that I doubt it really even matters at this point. And he thinks his behavior is perfectly fine and that Allah approves and even worse, he actually is so stupid to think that people would ever believe him. That might be the most pathetic part of it all. Well maybe Allah actually does approve, but I doubt God ever would.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188447 Sep 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It really even gets tiresome to even bother to call this guy a dummy anymore because it has to be done so often. And he never gets it anyway. He thinks you are calling him dummy because you are just jealous of how smart he is. That's how stupid he actually is.
LOL

He does think so.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188448 Sep 10, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
and did Muhammad ever claim to reveal in pure Arabic, dummy?
Muhammad? WTF?! I thought you Muslims think Quran is the word of Allah and not of Muhammad. Well, I guess you finally understood who was behind the Quran then...

Quran 16:103

We know indeed that they say, "It is a man that teaches him." The tongue of him they wickedly point to is notably foreign, while this is Arabic, pure and clear.

I didn't understand why you came out with Shakespeare. Even if Shakespeare used foreign words, then what? What has this anything to do with Quran, anyhow? That poor man had neither claimed to write in pure English, but even if he did and at the same time used several foreign words, then what? Are you comparing a man with god?

Your mental incapicity of reasoning is really so amazing that you deserve a place in the Guinness world record. I'll try my very best to contact them sending your posts to their attention, so that you can get the award you merit.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188449 Sep 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? LOL!!!! BTW, apparently he has has also claimed to have been a Rabbi as well. Might as well throw that hat into the ring while we are at it for good measure. Why not? Couldn't hurt, according to his mind. But it's already so pathetic that I doubt it really even matters at this point. And he thinks his behavior is perfectly fine and that Allah approves and even worse, he actually is so stupid to think that people would ever believe him. That might be the most pathetic part of it all. Well maybe Allah actually does approve, but I doubt God ever would.
I have never understood what's the point for a British or a wannabe one to underline the errors of a non-English speaker. It's not a big deal. The problem comes when an English speaker or a supposed one like him doesn't understand the verb forms in English or can't grasp the subtileties in English seen before. He really is the saddest case Allah sent us to deal with.

But Allah couldn't get a better lawyer than him?

Besides I knew my mistakes. The correct forms "Daniel's dreams" and "your stupidity is entertaining me". It's just am writing fast, no time for a second look.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188450 Sep 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mental incapicity of reasoning is really so amazing that you deserve a place in the Guinness world record. I'll try my very best to contact them sending your posts to their attention, so that you can get the award you merit.
I think the "Special Olympics of Reasoning" might be a better place.

Reminds me off this old Monty Python clip that relates very well.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#188451 Sep 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the "Special Olympics of Reasoning" might be a better place.
Reminds me off this old Monty Python clip that relates very well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jF-CkMpQtlYXX
I am not expressing an opinion about the sentiments of your words. I am only expressing my pleasure in the wit of them and in particular ""Special Olympics of Reasoning""

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188452 Sep 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? LOL!!!! BTW, apparently he has has also claimed to have been a Rabbi as well. Might as well throw that hat into the ring while we are at it for good measure. Why not? Couldn't hurt, according to his mind. But it's already so pathetic that I doubt it really even matters at this point. And he thinks his behavior is perfectly fine and that Allah approves and even worse, he actually is so stupid to think that people would ever believe him. That might be the most pathetic part of it all. Well maybe Allah actually does approve, but I doubt God ever would.
After my response about Trinity he would probably say I'm a closet Catholic for the simple fact I underlined his ignorance about Christian dogma.

Did this clown really claim to be a rabbi? So to make a resume he claimed to be a priest, a scientist, an unspecified role for a merchant/investment bank, another unspecified role in a pizza company, he's millionaire and now a rabbi.

Can this c*nt even figure out that all those roles need different routes of study, and that among them they are not complementary, which it makes highly improbable that he has been any of them?
And then I've already seen his knowledge on many of the fields he claimed to have been and it's shamefully mediocre, to say in polite way.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188453 Sep 10, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the "Special Olympics of Reasoning" might be a better place.
Reminds me off this old Monty Python clip that relates very well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jF-CkMpQtlYXX
Now I am wondering if Alexia was used as their inspiration for this video.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188454 Sep 10, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not expressing an opinion about the sentiments of your words. I am only expressing my pleasure in the wit of them and in particular ""Special Olympics of Reasoning""
I should have posted this one instead.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188455 Sep 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
After my response about Trinity he would probably say I'm a closet Catholic for the simple fact I underlined his ignorance about Christian dogma.
Did this clown really claim to be a rabbi?
Apparently yes. Someone else identified him doing that before I came here, and he never denied it.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
So to make a resume he claimed to be a priest, a scientist, an unspecified role for a merchant/investment bank, another unspecified role in a pizza company, he's millionaire and now a rabbi.
And I think he has done all of this before he has even turned 15. Or, at least I hope he is 14 or under, or else this would be a real problem case.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Can this c*nt even figure out that all those roles need different routes of study, and that among them they are not complementary, which it makes highly improbable that he has been any of them?
Are you actually trying to apply common sense reasoning to him?
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
And then I've already seen his knowledge on many of the fields he claimed to have been and it's shamefully mediocre, to say in polite way.
Shamefully mediocre?? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My my, what a nice guy you are. I don't know why you bother, but good for you. I guess. After a while, you won't even bother to be polite as it's futile anyway.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188456 Sep 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I am wondering if Alexia was used as their inspiration for this video.
Well, it is missing the white cereal bowl or optional diaper on his head and the "man dress" made of bed sheets. That would have been perfect.

BALALALALALALA!!!!! BOOM!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun 23 Drake_Burrwood 1
News Illogical Religious Positions? Jun 15 Looney Tunes 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 14 Davglix 107
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Jun 12 MakesUBeGone 2
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Jun 5 Son of man 1
HELP Wicca Covens in my area! (Jun '09) Jun 4 isis 63
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Jun 2 Reason Personified 14,660
More from around the web