Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256389 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188048 Sep 8, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean!
Because you are a control freak I am giving you a dose of your own meds.
When will you develop a brain with atleast 2 lobes.
Well you don't want to be the one to call another person a control freak after the statement you made. When have I ever said "you will or must do xyz"? The worst thing I demand is some common sense, honesty, and sanity and apparently that's a little bit too harsh of a demand for some such as yourself. So i guess i can see where that would really bother you.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188049 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, so you like to buddy up with people who say that Muhammad is a fraud if you think it will meet your needs. That's pretty much what you just said.
When I agree with their perspectives and if I have the time.. I say so. I have NOT got angry with them the way you do!If they say Muhammed PBUH is a fraud, so be it.
They are brothers/sisters in humanity with a different perspective.
The difference between you and them is that you are a deranged, vicious, bigoted, spiteful, insulting, antisemitic, islamophobic, control freak who wants others to fail.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#188050 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Messiah was not supposed to heal people. Zechariah 11:16. Deafness and blindness is a spiritual condition. The "miracles" Jesus worked were acts of sorcery. Isaiah 57:3. You are a prime example of being deaf. You cannot understand because you are joined to your idols.
Do know what you are saying?
You are saying that sorcery is the powerful cure all for what ales the human race.
Maybe that is why you are insane.
Did your doctor use sorcery on you Susan to cure you of sanity?

Those that Jesus cured was not done by sorcery Susan, but rather by the power of God who had mercy on those cured by Jesus.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188051 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Yeah, the world talks about Obama and Bush Jr. too. Is that a miracle? The world talks about Martin Luther King, and Hitler and Stalin too. Is that a miracle?...
See what a jerk you are.
The world does not talk the same way and for similar length of time or regularity as it does concerning the Holy Prophet Muhammed.
Obama and Bush will be forgotten just like Nixon and Kennedy have been.
There is a huge difference between the Holy Prophet Muhammed and ALL others.
Because you are a deranged, bigoted, spiteful, deluded, ignorant, antisemitic, Islamophobe you refuse to accept the greatness of this Great man.
The more you insult him, the more enter the fold of Islam!
Keep talking about him.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188052 Sep 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies for saying this, bro, but this second Adam or the last Adam is Bull Shit.
Salaams
BMZ
Do you guys not even understand each others anymore!? LOL
Alex WM

London, UK

#188053 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you don't want to be the one to call another person a control freak after the statement you made. When have I ever said "you will or must do xyz"? The worst thing I demand is some common sense, honesty, and sanity and apparently that's a little bit too harsh of a demand for some such as yourself. So i guess i can see where that would really bother you.
Hey fool...I made the statement ONLY at you because I know you are an out of control control freak who TELLS others to "shut up"!!
You are like a screw loose robot with a dreadful short circuit.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188054 Sep 8, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and you were not even there, when i saw the woman chaooah. and i, woke up.
and according to scripture, Adam is both adam and chaooah to begin with. They-Both existed together, in One Unique Body of flesh as Rabbee-rabbee.
Actually, it does not say that. It says that God took a rib from Adam, who already existed, and created the first woman from it and then let Adam name her woman. That is not the same as saying the two always existed together simultaneously. Adam existed before woman and Adam had no surrogate mother that was ever mentioned in the Torah.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
it does not say G-D made Adam in my image. it says G-D made Adam in OUR IMAGE And OUR LIKENESS. OUR is plural, not singular.
I have already answered that as majestic plural or royal plural, and you know I have already answered that so I have no idea why you would repeat the same thing. And in the next verse, 27, it says HE created them, which is proof that the verse before was actually singular but in majestic or royal plural form. Why are we repeating this? It say let us create, but in the very next verse it says HE created them, not they created them. You have a completely twisted understanding of these verses.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam even Yeshooah is plural, not singular. HaMosheeach - is plural not singular. ELOHEEM is plural, not singular. ElSHADDAEE is plural not singular. YHVH is plural, not singular. I-AM WHO I-AM is dualistically plural.
So you are telling me that there is more than one God? you do realize that not even Christians contend that and the word "Gods" is nowhere to be found in the NT.

Location hidden

#188055 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you learn the English language properly? For God's sake, you live in the UK. I could excuse BMZ but not you. And he knows English better than YOU do. So what does that say? HAS BEEN and IS often mean the same exact thing. It's just two different ways of putting it. Saying at the end of a game that team xyz has been defeated and team xyz is defeated means the same exact thing you ignorant retard. And again, you live in the UK, so you have no excuse for your ignorance other than calling you the stupid moron that you actually are.
He's a British wannabe, but many of us suspect he's an Asian immigrant in UK.

It was hilarious to find out that the pseudo-British who claims to know English doesn't know the difference has been given and is given.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188056 Sep 8, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
When I agree with their perspectives and if I have the time.. I say so. I have NOT got angry with them the way you do!If they say Muhammed PBUH is a fraud, so be it.
They are brothers/sisters in humanity with a different perspective.
The difference between you and them is that you are a deranged, vicious, bigoted, spiteful, insulting,
And there is not a more deserving recipient of every single bit of it than you. i don't like people who lie about being an ex priest. I don't like people who won't provide a standard link to show their sources. That smells of dishonesty. Whenever someone asks me for a source, i provide it right away. There is absolutely no excuse for someone to not do that on a discussion board.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
antisemitic,
Antisemetic? did you see what I werote earlier where I said that Christians should not have mistreated Jews because even Jesus himself said Father forgive them for they know not what they do? That was MY post, not someone elses.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
islamophobic,
How can I be afraid of something that I believe to be an obvious fraud?
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
control freak who wants others to fail.
I don't need to do anything to cause others to fail. They seem to be quite good at that themselves and need little help from me. You're probably even the master at that.

Location hidden

#188057 Sep 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed!
Thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself.
But how could be possible that Christianity is the source of all evil as stated by Susan, when the "evil" existed before Christianity?

I may close an eye with Susan since she is a self claimed mentally disturbed, but it's very funny to see a supposed ordinary person agreed with the nonsense posted by a mentally disturbed person.

It makes me wonder about your mental health?!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188058 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know Hebrew, so how about if you merely quote the verse where this is used and use the verse to explain it?
rabbee: this is allegedly, in your scripture not mine. i just kept seeing that, from alleged as christians on the internet.

and so far, i am not impressed by any christians. to haphazard no logical order, bits and pieces is what i get. not even sure of the order of events. generally presented in a way, that makes it seem to be untrue.

and calling somebody from two thousand years ago, jesus is ludicrous at best. but i could believe there existed the name Yeshooah(redeemer/savior), but not spelled yeshua or yeshuah. needless to say any of, the bogus names of the alleged as apostles.

and from what i have seen, most alleged as christians. do not even closely resemble, or speak like their alleged savior. no where even, remotely close.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188059 Sep 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
It was hilarious to find out that the pseudo-British who claims to know English doesn't know the difference has been given and is given.
Hilarious or pathetically sad? I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. I guess I'll choose to laugh. BWAHAHAHAHAHASHA!!!!

How does anybody ever get through such a thick, concrete skull like that? Where's my jackhammer? LOL!!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#188060 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Tell me what these verses say.
21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.
22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.“Never, Lord!” he said.“This shall never happen to you!”
23 Jesus turned and said to Peter,“Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”
You don't even have the faintest idea of what Jesus' mission actually was.
I said...
Sadly you are refusing to recognise something very important...
Jesus PBUH could not complete his mission. He very clearly relied on Holy Prophet Muhammed PBUH. Thanks to the Holy Prophet Muhammed PBUH, there are 2billion Muslims who take Jesus PBUH serious, love and respect him as a HUMAN. That is all he ever was, is and will be.

Then you come up with the above verses without answering my 17 + 2 questions properly.

You can make what you will from the above! So what?
That is why the disciples ran and hid and were frightened when they saw the wounded escapee! They thought it was a ghost!
They were well briefed by BJ!
A bad teacher and even worse disciples!
Also the "first pope" was "satan" the stumbling block instead of being the rock!!

Perhaps Jesus knew he was in trouble and was trying to explain his escape plan to the clueless cowards?

Now if you answer these you will know BJ is not God.
A)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

B)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.

READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.

The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………

Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#188061 Sep 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You do not understand who Jesus Christ is!
You are like the insane Muslims that want to glorify insanity over saneness.
You are a grown women with an insane mind.
I understand perfectly who Jesus is. He's Satans counterfeit Messiah whose name was changed by God to Lucifer. He came to finish Satans work and Satan appeared to him and commissioned him. He fulfilled NO messianic prophecy, name one prophecy he fulfilled, just one?
Alex WM

London, UK

#188062 Sep 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But how could be possible that Christianity is the source of all evil as stated by Susan, when the "evil" existed before Christianity?
I may close an eye with Susan since she is a self claimed mentally disturbed, but it's very funny to see a supposed ordinary person agreed with the nonsense posted by a mentally disturbed person.
It makes me wonder about your mental health?!
Oh lord!
Inspector clueless Clouseau the English language expert has arrived!
Alex WM

London, UK

#188063 Sep 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless Clouseau the closet catholic and self appointed English language "guru" has arrived on the scene!

Did the fool read my comment on this? ofcourse he is incapable of understanding.

The clueless closet catholic HAS BEEN GIVEN a sedative already but he IS still ranting...we need to take the fool to a nearby clinic to ensure that a much stronger does IS GIVEN, PDQ!

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread....
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#188064 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that and much more.
5 The woman said to him,“Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”
16 He told her,“Go, call your husband and come back.”
17 “I have no husband,” she replied.
Jesus said to her,“You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”
19 “Sir,” the woman said,“I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”
21 “Woman,” Jesus replied,“believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
25 The woman said,“I know that Messiah”(called Christ) is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.
26 Then Jesus declared,“I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”
28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?”
"God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie". II Th. 2:11 That is from your own book. There is not a shred of truth in Christianity.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188065 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious or pathetically sad? I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. I guess I'll choose to laugh. BWAHAHAHAHAHASHA!!!!
How does anybody ever get through such a thick, concrete skull like that? Where's my jackhammer? LOL!!!
Deranged deluded nutcase ...you just proved that you are worse than colonic.
At least colonic is NOT English.
You claim to "see" things in English and explain in English.

Explain the difference you fool:

The clueless closet catholic HAS BEEN GIVEN a sedative already but he IS still ranting...we need to take the fool to a nearby clinic to ensure that a much stronger does IS GIVEN, PDQ!

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread....
Alex WM

London, UK

#188066 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You agree with colonic that has been given and is given mean exactly the same always!
LOL
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188067 Sep 8, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: this is allegedly, in your scripture not mine. i just kept seeing that, from alleged as christians on the internet.
Well I don't recognize it.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and so far, i am not impressed by any christians. to haphazard no logical order, bits and pieces is what i get. not even sure of the order of events. generally presented in a way, that makes it seem to be untrue.
Well that's fine. But if they say something, they will also tell you where in their scriptures they get that idea from when asked or at least explain why they believe how their idea is to be extrapolated from various verses if no verse explicitly says something. They don't just make things up out of thin air. Whether one agrees with their beliefs or not is obviously an entirely different matter, but they are not being illogical if they can explain and show where their ideas come from in the scriptures.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and calling somebody from two thousand years ago, jesus is ludicrous at best. but i could believe there existed the name Yeshooah(redeemer/savior), but not spelled yeshua or yeshuah. needless to say any of, the bogus names of the alleged as apostles.
and from what i have seen, most alleged as christians. do not even closely resemble, or speak like their alleged savior. no where even, remotely close.
Jesus is merely the Latin translation. I told you that before.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_%28name%29

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Splash X Damage (Apr '08) Sun Jahmahlol 6
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 14 Einstein Nukes 16
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Dec 29 Sugar plum 50
News Who the Crusaders Are in 2016 Dec 28 Playa 7
confusion 3 Dec 26 taylor810 1
confusion Dec 26 taylor810 2
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 26 Eagle 12 4,912
More from around the web