Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256264 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187952 Sep 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome and you deserved the compliments, Susan.
Now, a prophesy about great painters: lol!
Isaiah 45:16
"They shall be ashamed, yea disgraced, all of them the master painters shall go together in disgrace."
All who painted the handsome Roman Jesus, will go to hell.
Muslims worship the pagan Black Stone as being Allah their God.

New King James Version (NKJV)

16 They shall be ashamed
And also disgraced, all of them;
They shall go in confusion together,
Who are makers of idols.
Muslims made the Black Stone into an idol of their God Allah.
Watch this link!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187953 Sep 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome and you deserved the compliments, Susan.
Now, a prophesy about great painters: lol!
"They shall be ashamed, yea disgraced, all of them the master painters shall go together in disgrace."
All who painted the handsome Roman Jesus, will go to hell.
Isaiah 2:12, 16 "For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon everyone that is proud and lofty...and upon all pleasant pictures". V 18 "And the idols he shall utterly abolish".

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187954 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Isaiah 2:12, 16 "For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon everyone that is proud and lofty...and upon all pleasant pictures". V 18 "And the idols he shall utterly abolish".
Do worship this idol?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#187955 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Isaiah 2:12, 16 "For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon everyone that is proud and lofty...and upon all pleasant pictures". V 18 "And the idols he shall utterly abolish".
Imagine God smashing Jesus to pieces, for falsely claiming that he was God and for making mockery of God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#187956 Sep 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are stuck believing your own lies.
GOD IS ONE MUSLIM!
THERE IS NO OTHER GOD BESIDES GOD!
AND JESUS IS GODS UNIQUE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON!
GOD USED CYRUS TO FREE THE JEWS FROM BABYLON SO THEY COULD GO BACK TO ISRAEL AND REBUILD THE CITY FOR THE COMING OF JESUS.
YOU ONLY READ WORDS WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING THE TEXT.
GOD IS ONE MUSLIM!
THERE IS NO OTHER GOD BESIDES GOD!
AND JESUS IS GODS UNIQUE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.
THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS OF SINS EXCEPT THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS ON THE CROSS.
GOD WORKS HIS PLAN OF SALVATION ON HIS OWN TIME SCHEDULE.
GOD IS BOSS MUSLIM!
That is still Bull Shit, Shamma.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187957 Sep 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Do worship this idol?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JkZFUEDkwdcXX
I didn't understand your question. Clarify?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187958 Sep 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine God smashing Jesus to pieces, for falsely claiming that he was God and for making mockery of God.
God will actually end up setting him on fire and all of his followers. Ezekiel 28:18, Zechariah 14:12. This will be at the end, in the "valley of decision" when it comes down to belief. Joel 3:12-14.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187959 Sep 8, 2013
Imagine God smashing The Cube of Mecca to pieces, for being a shrine to pagan nonsense.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187960 Sep 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I do your homework?
Then I'm not doing any of yours. I have allowed you to dictate the terms of this conversati0on, and that is over.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not mention any more Jesus prophesy, after those first two "Howlers" you made.
I had an answer for every single objection you raised and you know that, and you have not countered my counters, so you merely ignore it and continue to call them howlers. You are a completely pathetic waste of time.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I kept asking you, but you said that this is not part of our discussion.
Had a change of heart recently?
I'm asking YOU.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are shifting your stand every now and then and raising issues that are not part of our discussion.
You have spent 75% of the time trying to discuss Jesus rather than Muhammad, and the conversation was supposed to be about Muhammad. And then I ask you for one example about Jesus and suddenly you don't want to talk about Jesus. Take a hike. If you think I'm going allow you to continually control and manipulate this conversation, you are completely out of your mind.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What will be your condition when we are at the end of this series.
We are at the end. Now if you want to have a real, two sided discussion rather than insist upon controlling the discussion and you want to take a few years and get a decent education, perhaps we can discuss this again in a few years.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187961 Sep 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if I stop writing sense.
When did you start? I must have missed it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187962 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your compliments, bmz. You and I both know there is only one God but Christians cannot understand this.
Where is the word "Gods" used in the New Testament?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187963 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Isaiah 2:12, 16 "For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon everyone that is proud and lofty...
I would suggest that you include yourself on that list. I don't know how much more proud and lofty one can be than to think they are the Messiah. It doesn't get any worse than that. Hopefully, God will forgive you for your blasphemies.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187964 Sep 8, 2013
Searching The Cube of Mecca brought me to this interesting site: http://mysterybabylon-watch.blogspot.com/2011...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187965 Sep 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I do your homework?
At this point, I am thoroughly convinced that you are nothing more than an idiotic terrorist wannabe who really needs a decent education. I have news for you. Reading the Quran does not constitute a decent, acceptable education. In fact, it only seems to make people more backwards, stupider and more closed minded.

That book seems to consistently have a terrible effect on people's minds and is responsible for the absolute mess that the Arab world is today, where they are still far behind the rest of the world, 90 years after being freed from the dark veil of the Ottomans. You people invent nothing, except new reasons to fight each other, and if you weren't lucky enough to be sitting on top of gobs of oil, you would be just like the poor African countries.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187966 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the word "Gods" used in the New Testament?
What difference does it make? It's your book, you tell me. Jesus identified God as his father in heaven. I don't think they're supposed to be Siamese twins or triplets, are they? That's the only way they could be one god. I believe you think they are three different entities. Only a husband and wife are one flesh Gen. 2:24, not a father and son.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187967 Sep 8, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Searching The Cube of Mecca brought me to this interesting site: http://mysterybabylon-watch.blogspot.com/2011...
There is a story where the pagans had to rebuild the Kaaba that they honored and that Christians and Jews NEVER honored nor ever cared about. They couldn't decide which tribe was going to have the honor of lifting the black stone into place. So they asked Muhammad, who himself used to honor the Kaaba just like his fellow pagans did. So Muhammad had them each grab a corner of his robe and lift it up to the placeholder for the black stone, and then Muhammad gave HIMSELF the honor of lifting it into place. If only they knew the foreshadowing of what was to come that this represented.

The moral? The Kaaba and Black Stone CLEARLY came from pagan traditions and never had any place at all in either Judaism nor Christianity. Muhammad merely made up lies to incorporate this clearly pagan tradition into the phony, trumped up religion he was creating by saying that Abraham built it, when no such thing can ever be found. Why would the Jews want to ignore something that Abraham built? The answer is, they didn't. Abraham never built it, and that claim was nothing but one of multiple lies that Muhammad was willing to make up.

Why didn't the Quran say right up front that the prayer direction was supposed to be Mecca rather than Jerusalem and correct that "supposed" error right from the beginning? Because Muhammad himself was making the Quran up as he went along. So at first, when he had hopes of courting the Jews, the prayer direction was Jerusalem. But when they correctly rejected him as the fraud that he was because they saw right through him, suddenly the prayer direction gets changed to Mecca. And what was the excuse used? Allah was testing them. Yes, God has them face Jerusalem for thousands of years, and then suddenly, just when Muhammad needed it to be so, the prayer direction changes and suddenly the Jews had been facing the wrong direction for thousands of years. Are you kidding me? What a scam artist this guy was.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187968 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest that you include yourself on that list. I don't know how much more proud and lofty one can be than to think they are the Messiah. It doesn't get any worse than that. Hopefully, God will forgive you for your blasphemies.
Why don't you apply the same logic to Jesus? At one time I was proud but I was humbled 30 years ago. Prov. 18:12 "...before honor is humility". The first Day of the Lord will be upon everyone who is "high" and they will be brought low. I believe I am the Messiah because I am the Messiah and I'm very close to proving it. My beliefs are not dependent on having a lot of followers. Just wait a little.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187969 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does it make? It's your book, you tell me.
It's not there. Nowhere is the word Gods used. You simply do not have a proper understanding of Christianity, and yet you are supposed to be a Messiah? HAH!!
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus identified God as his father in heaven. I don't think they're supposed to be Siamese twins or triplets, are they? That's the only way they could be one god. I believe you think they are three different entities. Only a husband and wife are one flesh Gen. 2:24, not a father and son.
It is supposed to be three different manifestations or forms of ONE God. That is why the word Gods is never uttered in the New Testament, oh great bubble headed Messiah. Now maybe it's possible that the Messiah would not believe in Christianity, but I find it difficult to believe that the Messiah would so greatly misunderstand what it really is. You are guided by nobody except your own delusional mind and imagination.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187970 Sep 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies for saying this, bro, but this second Adam or the last Adam is Bull Shit.
Salaams
BMZ
There is no need to apologise, bro!

I used their absurd claims to remind them that they are still referring to a PUNY human from PUNY planet earth, even if they choose to call him 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even trillionth Adam.

It is atrociously ridiculous to equate this PUNY earthling to ALMIGHTY GOD, who is the creator of space, time, dimensions including infinite number of solar systems, galaxies and universes with the possibility of many life forms superior to the PUNY earthlings.

Clearly their painfully embarrassing and mind numbingly ignorant claim about their PUNY mangod has no credibility whatsoever.

This buries mangod for good.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187971 Sep 8, 2013
It's funny how all these Messiahs here picked the Topix Islam as an important method of communicating their all important message to the human race. I feel so honored just to have the opportunity to be in their presence and hear their wondrous words coming from their idiotic and delusional bullhorns. Gee, topix is far more important than I ever imagined. The Messiahs just can't seem to stay away from it.

I was sure lucky when I found this place. Maybe I should start thinking I am a Messiah too, since I was so lucky to find this Special Olympics of mental capacity. Why not? Might as well throw another hat in the ring while we are at it. Couldn't hurt at this point. Maybe others here should start declaring themselves as the Messiah also. Couldn't hurt at this point. Couldn't get much worse anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
Journalism Diorama(s): Pluralism Theocracy Jan 10 Abishai100 1
I'm searching for answers Jan 9 Anonymous 1
Journaling Questions for Deeper Exploration Dec 31 Raavyncloud 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Dec '17 kaleb 18
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Oct '17 Kim 21
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) Oct '17 Scarlet Hernandez 7
More from around the web