Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256309 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187927 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Now you are trying "another tactic" my dear Brother!!
We never sat that Entire OT and NT books are corrupted and there is no word of it which is reliable.
So how do you decide which parts are right and which parts are wrong? And I already know the answer to that. If a part says what you want it to say, that must be the true part. If a part doesn't say what you want it to say, that must be the false part. And you actually see no problem in faulty, subjective, self serving logic like this. That's the amazing part,
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
"If they contradict what is in Quran, and there is no way there can be any reconciliation then MOST CERTAINLY that part is corrupted"
Again, completely faulty, self serving, subjective logic. So what happens when it doesn't contradict or confirm the Quran? What do you do about those parts? Can't you see the logical fallacy you are committing? You are MAKING the Quran right, no matter what. Can you see the subjectivity of that? Has anybody ever introduced you to the concept of objectivity?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187928 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Seeker
Here is my Fourth input from OT books and it is once again from the book of Psalms
Fourth Prophesy: It is recorded in the Psalm 45:
I'll tell you what. Before we go any further, you claimed that there were tons of prophecies that Jesus fit in the OT, and yet you have mentioned none of them. So how about if I take a little control of the conversation for once and ask you to name which prophecies you think fit Jesus? That's only fair at this point after I have let you control what will be talked about and when, right? And somehow, I believe that you will tell yourself that this isn't fair. I don't know how, but I think you will.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187929 Sep 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Your mind is insane!
You are dictating to God as how God should do things to please you.
You are an narcissist just like your insane prophet Muhammad.
The New Testament Bible is Gods plan of salvation of how He wants things done.
Like Muhammad, Muslims are rebelling against God.
All the evidence of Muslims rebelling against God is in the teaching of Muhammad that Muslims follow.
Why would God follow Muhammad's teaching?
The Quran is Muhammad dictating to God!
Jesus explained exactly what we must do to be acceptable to God, and be received into Gods family as children of God and into Gods Kingdom.
Muhammad taught Muslim how to be acceptable to Muhammad in Muhammad's rebelling against God.
Muslims are too ignorant in their understanding if God.
Muhammad won converts to his religion by intimidating people by using evil as a force to control his followers.
Muslims are still being controlled by the evil force of Muhammad's demands dictated in the Quran.
God wins people to Him by His truth that evil destroys the mind and soul of those who commit evil.
Muhammad's teaching in the Quran destroys the mind and soul of Muslims, and promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims.
Muhammad's teaching of Jihad in the Quran destroys the mind and soul of all Muslims!
In Muhammad's teachings there is no rational or logical way to come to the understanding of Good and evil, right or wrong.
Muhammad did not set an example to Muslims to know the difference between good and evil right and wrong, and how evil destroy the mind and soul of those that commit evil!
Christianity is the religion that controls its members. It's a system of beliefs that is called "Babylon" in the Hebrew bible and Lucifer (Jesus) is the leader of Babylon. Isaiah 14. Verse 17 "...that opened not the house of his prisoners". Paul continually calls himself a prisoner of Jesus, captive, and in bondage. The truth will set you free. You are tenaciously joined to your idols and but you are so deaf and blind, you can't see it. Earth is the land of the living and the Messiah will live on earth forever. Isaiah 11:9 "...for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea". Christianity will never accomplish this but when the real Messiah comes, it will be instantaneous.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187930 Sep 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I just don't believe it Shamma, I've seen way too much scripture fulfilled in my life.
I think you've seen and thought a lot of things in your life that nobody can confirm except for you. Whenever I get into a serious conversation with you and ask some right or more deep questions, you bail out and pretend as though I never asked them. And then you expect that I will forget that I ever asked them if you leave my questions alone and don't answer them and pretend as though I never asked them. But I don't forget them. I remember it all, so don't ever fool yourself and pretend that I don't. I just let you go more than Jimmie because you aren't as critical of everyone as he is and you aren't just asking for it like he is. His days of tap dancing around specific questions are numbered. He's first on my list. But perhaps you are next. I really start to get sick and tired of listening to all of this nonsense. Just like Joke999 says. Whoops, I mean Jake999. So which lunatic are people supposed to choose when all three of you claim similar, self glorifying attributes about yourself? Obviously, only one of you can be right, and there is a really good chance that ALL Three of you are wrong.

Who says there is no such thing as a trinity? I think we have a trinity of lunatics on this very forum, and you guys aren't even three in one.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187931 Sep 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Here's the thing, MUQtard,
Your "prophet" was a murderer, and you excuse this criminal behavior because his goal was noble, that is, to establish "strict monotheism," which means that his "Allah" is also a murderer, or at least a murder enabler, because your "prophet" only did what he was ordered to do.
Agree or disagree?
God is the Judge, the author of life and death. God said, "...I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand". Deut. 32:39. There is a difference between killing and murder. Murder is the intentional taking of an innocent human life. The people God will kill are far from innocent. There are circumstances when killing is justified. The God of the Quran and the God of the OT are one in the same although they have a different shepherd.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187932 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please cut this crap out that Jesus saves and Jesus gives life. That is Bull Shit!
Read Isaiah 45 to know the true God Almighty, who is the real LORD, the Savior and the giver of life.
Jesus was nothing! Jesus was a broken clock in Israel.
That is Isaiah 45 Muslim,
Isaiah 45 is the prophecy of the coming of Jesus that the Jews were told to look too.
I posted a commentary on Isaiah 45 to you which you ignored.

GOD IS ONE!
THERE IS NO GOD BESIDES GOD!
THE GOD OF ISRAEL IS THE SAVIOR OF ALL MANKIND MUSLIM!
AND JESUS IS GODS UNIQUE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON!

MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#187933 Sep 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Here's the thing, MUQtard,
Your "prophet" was a murderer, and you excuse this criminal behavior because his goal was noble, that is, to establish "strict monotheism," which means that his "Allah" is also a murderer, or at least a murder enabler, because your "prophet" only did what he was ordered to do.
Agree or disagree?
Still under the "hangover" of 'Prince of Peace"?

Wake up, the prophesy is about a Grown Up man not for a yellow chicken hearted lily levered poltroon!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#187934 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what. Before we go any further, you claimed that there were tons of prophecies that Jesus fit in the OT, and yet you have mentioned none of them. So how about if I take a little control of the conversation for once and ask you to name which prophecies you think fit Jesus? That's only fair at this point after I have let you control what will be talked about and when, right? And somehow, I believe that you will tell yourself that this isn't fair. I don't know how, but I think you will.
Why should I do your homework?

You did not mention any more Jesus prophesy, after those first two "Howlers" you made.

I kept asking you, but you said that this is not part of our discussion.

Had a change of heart recently?

I see you are shifting your stand every now and then and raising issues that are not part of our discussion.

What will be your condition when we are at the end of this series.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187936 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've seen and thought a lot of things in your life that nobody can confirm except for you. Whenever I get into a serious conversation with you and ask some right or more deep questions, you bail out and pretend as though I never asked them. And then you expect that I will forget that I ever asked them if you leave my questions alone and don't answer them and pretend as though I never asked them. But I don't forget them. I remember it all, so don't ever fool yourself and pretend that I don't. I just let you go more than Jimmie because you aren't as critical of everyone as he is and you aren't just asking for it like he is. His days of tap dancing around specific questions are numbered. He's first on my list. But perhaps you are next. I really start to get sick and tired of listening to all of this nonsense. Just like Joke999 says. Whoops, I mean Jake999. So which lunatic are people supposed to choose when all three of you claim similar, self glorifying attributes about yourself? Obviously, only one of you can be right, and there is a really good chance that ALL Three of you are wrong.
Who says there is no such thing as a trinity? I think we have a trinity of lunatics on this very forum, and you guys aren't even three in one.
The impending conflict in Syria is indicative of the appearance of the real Messiah. Israel, Egypt, Palestine, Britain and possibly Iran will be drawn into it. It foreshadows the coming of the Messiah. If you want to know who is the real Messiah, I'll reiterate what Elijah said, Let the God who answers by fire be God. You, along with the rest of the world will see me on breaking news and I will probably post it before it happens. I will "...shew the lighting down of my arm" Isaiah 30:30 and my fruit shall be a "fiery, flying serpent" Isaiah 14:29. My identity is not based upon people believing in me. It's been over thirty years since my calling began and the day of vengeance is imminent.

Location hidden

#187937 Sep 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God is the Judge, the author of life and death. God said, "...I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand". Deut. 32:39. There is a difference between killing and murder. Murder is the intentional taking of an innocent human life. The people God will kill are far from innocent. There are circumstances when killing is justified. The God of the Quran and the God of the OT are one in the same although they have a different shepherd.
You are ignorant of what God is talking about.

John 17:1-15
New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Prays to Be Glorified

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 “I have revealed you[a] to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of[b] your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[c] that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

13 “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.

Your read to many comic books Susan.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187938 Sep 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Susan are spiritually blind to Gods truth!
You and Susan BMZ are just too illiterate to understand the teachings of Jesus.
Gods entire teaching to us is this:
Salvation means being spiritually re-united back to God.
The wages of sin is death, meaning your soul is separated from God, and is subject to suffer the pain of hell for offending the Holiness and Goodness of God.
God gave Moses the 10 Commandments to follow so that you may know that violating Gods law separates you from God.
Gods justice is based on Gods Holiness and Goodness.
For God says;
Leviticus 19:2
New International Version
"Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them:'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy".
God sent Jesus His only unique begotten Son to die on the cross for our sins that separate us from God.
Jesus death and resurrection from the dead re-united those that believe in the name of Jesus as Gods only unique begotten Son back to God.
On the cross our sins separated Jesus from God.
Matthew 27:46
About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").
Jesus was left alone separated from God the Father
on the cross.
Illustrating how sin separates us from God.
That is the Bibles meaning of Salvation.
Muhammad had no power to save us from our sins and re-unite us back to God.
Your god is a sadomasochist and there is no ransom to be admitted to heaven. Psalm 49:7-8 "None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceases forever. This scripture regards the death of the body (soul) and redemption of the spirit from hell. The soul is mortal and you can buy your way out of hell but you can't ransom your way into heaven. Only the righteous go to heaven and it is a free gift. Human life is priceless and everyone will be put to death for their own sin. There is no substitution or scapegoat.

Location hidden

#187939 Sep 7, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Your god is a sadomasochist and there is no ransom to be admitted to heaven. Psalm 49:7-8 "None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceases forever. This scripture regards the death of the body (soul) and redemption of the spirit from hell. The soul is mortal and you can buy your way out of hell but you can't ransom your way into heaven. Only the righteous go to heaven and it is a free gift. Human life is priceless and everyone will be put to death for their own sin. There is no substitution or scapegoat.
Shame on you Susan!
You are a grown women and you are still illiterate in understanding the Bible.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187940 Sep 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you Susan!
You are a grown women and you are still illiterate in understanding the Bible.
I really think you're projecting, Shamma. Your mind is polluted with false NT doctrine. And that makes it that much harder for you to understand the Truth. The NT is full of contradictions but the doctrine of the OT is pure. I can quote entire chapters verbatim from memory and there is nothing that I do not understand. Your theology, however, is built upon lies. You will probably remain a Christian till the end which means you won't make it.

Location hidden

#187941 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I really think you're projecting, Shamma. Your mind is polluted with false NT doctrine. And that makes it that much harder for you to understand the Truth. The NT is full of contradictions but the doctrine of the OT is pure. I can quote entire chapters verbatim from memory and there is nothing that I do not understand. Your theology, however, is built upon lies. You will probably remain a Christian till the end which means you won't make it.
You haven't a clue of what you are talking about.
Gods plan for saving man is the right plan.
God knows what He is doing.
All we have to do is follow Gods plan in our life.
You are barking up the wrong tree!
You are just too illiterate to understand the teachings of Jesus.

The wages of sin is death, meaning your soul is separated from God, and is subject to suffer the pain of hell for offending the Holiness and Goodness of God.

God gave Moses the 10 Commandments to follow so that you may know that violating Gods law separates you from God.

For God says;
"Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them:'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy".

God sent Jesus His only unique begotten Son to die on the cross for our sins that separate us from God.

Jesus death and resurrection from the dead re-united those that believe in the name of Jesus as Gods only unique begotten Son back to God.

About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

on the cross.

Instead of fighting Gods plan why don't follow Gods teachings?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#187942 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I really think you're projecting, Shamma. Your mind is polluted with false NT doctrine. And that makes it that much harder for you to understand the Truth. The NT is full of contradictions but the doctrine of the OT is pure. I can quote entire chapters verbatim from memory and there is nothing that I do not understand. Your theology, however, is built upon lies. You will probably remain a Christian till the end which means you won't make it.
Well said. You write very well, Susan.
bmz

Location hidden

#187943 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Your god is a sadomasochist and there is no ransom to be admitted to heaven. Psalm 49:7-8 "None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceases forever. This scripture regards the death of the body (soul) and redemption of the spirit from hell. The soul is mortal and you can buy your way out of hell but you can't ransom your way into heaven. Only the righteous go to heaven and it is a free gift. Human life is priceless and everyone will be put to death for their own sin. There is no substitution or scapegoat.
Brilliant!

Great post, Susan.

The Trinity or the Triune God is a monstrosity and an abomination. It is not even a God. It is a funny Godhead, that does not exist.
bmz

Location hidden

#187944 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you stop, Shamma will stop.
Even if I stop writing sense, Shamma will keep on writing nonsense.
bmz

Location hidden

#187945 Sep 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
That is Isaiah 45 Muslim,
Isaiah 45 is the prophecy of the coming of Jesus that the Jews were told to look too.
I posted a commentary on Isaiah 45 to you which you ignored.
GOD IS ONE!
THERE IS NO GOD BESIDES GOD!
THE GOD OF ISRAEL IS THE SAVIOR OF ALL MANKIND MUSLIM!
There is no prophesy about Jesus in Isaiah 45. Don't waste your time. Neither is Jesus mentioned in the OT nor there is any real prophesy about his coming. Nada! Zilsch!

It was only after Jesus was long gone that the Church fathers sat down and tried to see if there was anything that could be exploited to show Jesus in the Scripture. All such prophecies are ridiculous and absurd.

We call this reverse engineering.

There is only one God Almighty and Jesus was simply an obedient servant of God. Slave of God is the most appropriate term.

Location hidden

#187946 Sep 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no prophesy about Jesus in Isaiah 45. Don't waste your time. Neither is Jesus mentioned in the OT nor there is any real prophesy about his coming. Nada! Zilsch!
It was only after Jesus was long gone that the Church fathers sat down and tried to see if there was anything that could be exploited to show Jesus in the Scripture. All such prophecies are ridiculous and absurd.
We call this reverse engineering.
There is only one God Almighty and Jesus was simply an obedient servant of God. Slave of God is the most appropriate term.
How can you say that when you don't have a clue about the teachings of God?
You need to read this post again and again and again til you realize that God is the Boss.
You haven't a clue of what you are talking about.
Gods plan for saving man is the right plan.
God knows what He is doing.
All we have to do is follow Gods plan in our life.
You are barking up the wrong tree!
You are just too illiterate to understand the teachings of Jesus.

For God says;

on the cross.

Instead of fighting Gods plan why don't follow Gods teachings?

GOD IS ONE!
THERE IS NO OTHER GOD BESIDES GOD!

THERE IS NO OTHER FORGIVENESS OF SINS EXCEPT THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS ON THE CROSS!

GOD IS BOSS MUSLIM!
bmz

Location hidden

#187947 Sep 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Susan are spiritually blind to Gods truth!
You and Susan BMZ are just too illiterate to understand the teachings of Jesus.
For God says;
on the cross.
Muhammad had no power to save us from our sins and re-unite us back to God.
That is all bull shit, Shamma!

Read and study Isaiah 45 well. There is only one God Almighty and this Jesus of yours is not that.

Write this sixty-six times daily:

"There is only one God Almighty and Jesus is not God."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul 16 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul 14 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Jul 8 Zipp 3
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 7 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun 30 just sayin 3
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May '17 John 14,736
More from around the web