Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252804 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187794 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it is a huge claim, it must be found in the NT and thank God, this abomination is not present in the Bible.
I think that praying exactly five times per day should be in the Quran as well. I also think the Quran should clearly state that every part of it is the word for word dictation of God. I think those two things are pretty important.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187795 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said that the OT is a forgery and that means the verses have been forged, where necessary to show Jesus, when there is nothing about Jesus in there.
You tried that with Isaiah 9:6 and it failed. What are your other examples?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187796 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Spanish-American War, 1898
Cuban Campaign, 1898
Puerto Rican Campaign, 1898
Pacific Campaign, 1898
Second Samoan Civil War, 1899 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Philippine-American War, 1899 - 1913
Battle of Manila (1899), 1899
Moro Rebellion, 1899 - 1913
Boxer Rebellion, China, 1899 - 1901
Peking Campaign, 1900
20th Century
Banana Wars, 1907 – 1934
Nicaraguan Conflict, 1907 - 1933 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Honduras Conflict, 1907 - 1933 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Guatemalan Conflict, 1907 - 1933 (time span of U.S. involvement)
First Panama Conflict, 1908 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Cuban Conflict, 1912 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Haiti Conflict, 1915 - 1934 (time span of U.S. involvement)
First Dominican Republic Conflict, 1917 - 1924 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Mexican Revolution, 1914 - 1918 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Battle of Veracruz, 1914
Battle of Columbus, 1916
Battle of Carrizal, 1916
Battle of Bear Valley, 1918
Battle of Ambos Nogales, 1918
World War I, 1917 &#8211; 1918 (time span of U.S. involvement)
European Theatre, 1917 - 1918
First Battle of the Atlantic, 1917-1918
Russian Revolution, 1918 - 1920 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Polar Bear Expedition, 1918 - 1919
Siberian Expedition, 1918 - 1920
World War II, 1941 &#8211; 1945 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Second Battle of the Atlantic, 1941 - 1945
Pacific War, 1941 - 1945
African Theatre, 1942 - 1943
European Theatre, 1942 - 1945
Korean War, 1950 - 1953
South Korean Campaign, 1950 - 1953
North Korean Campaign, 1950 - 1953
1958 Lebanon crisis, 1958 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Operation Blue Bat, 1958
Cuban Missile Crisis, 1961 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Bay of Pigs Invasion, 1961
Vietnam War, 1962 - 1975 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Laotian Civil War, 1962 - 1973
Cambodian Civil War, 1969 - 1970
Second Dominican Republic Conflict, 1965 - 1966
Operation Powerpack, 1965 - 1966
Second Korean War, 1966 - 1976
Contra War, El Salvador, 1981 - 1990
Libya Conflict, 1981 - 1989 (time span of U.S. involvement)
First Action in the Gulf of Sidra, 1981
Second Action in the Gulf of Sidra, 1986
1986 bombing of Libya, 1986
Third Action in the Gulf of Sidra, 1989
Grenada Conflict, 1983 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Operation Urgent Fury, 1983
Iran&#8211;Iraq War, 1987 - 1989 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Operation Earnest Will, 1987 - 1988
Operation Prime Chance, 1987 - 1989
Operation Eager Glacier, 1987
Operation Nimble Archer, 1987
Operation Praying Mantis, 1988
Second Panama Conflict, 1989 - 1990 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Operation Just Cause, 1989 - 1990
Persian Gulf War, Iraq, 1991 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Operation Desert Shield, 1991
Operation Desert Storm, 1991
Iraq Conflict, 1991 - 2003 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Operation Provide Comfort, 1991 - 1996
Operation Northern Watch, 1997 - 2003
Operation Southern Watch, 1992 - 2003
Operation Desert Fox, 1998
Operation Southern Focus, 2002 - 2003
Somali Civil War, 1992 - 1994 (time span of U.S. involvement)
On Somalia II, 1993 - 1995
First Haitian Rebellion, 1994 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Operation Uphold Democracy, 1994 - 1995
Yugoslav wars, 1994 - 1999 (time span of U.S. involvement)
Bosnian Conflict, 1994 - 1995
Kosovo Conflict, 1997 - 1999
AND 21 st century you know about it already
MIDDLE EAST WARS
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/TD8PHDO0NN50... (Comment # 677)
That is an impressive list,
Yet the only countries that the U.S.A. is actively at war with is the Muslims countries that want to over throw America.

The list that Muslims are actively in involved in killing people is too large to list.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187797 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither Qur'aan nor Muhammad said that Mary was part of Trinity.
We had this discussion and you did nothing but tap dance around it and failed miserably. It was so bad that you actually tried to say that 5:116 wasn't discussing the Trinity because it is talking about a future event, and I explained in detail how it doesn't matter whether it was talking about a future event or not, it says that Allah will ask Jesus whether he told them to take him and Mary as TWO Gods BESIDES Allah, which means it is saying that Christians did and do believe that, which is exactly wrong. You do this all of the time. You fail in a discussion, you stop answering the discussion, and then you come back weeks later and act as though the discussion never even happened. It doesn't have to say the actual word trinity in 5:115 nor in 5:73-75, in BOTH cases it is talking about EXACTLY two Gods besides Allah. And 2+1 equals three. And Trinity means three in one.

Then, to make things worse, you deny it says that and then try to argue that Christians DID take Mary as part of the Trinity. Why would you argue that Christians did take her as part of the Trinity unless you were defending the Quran's claim that they did while also denying the Quran makes this claim? So you contradict yourself in a typical cross eyed fashion.

As usual, you simply make no sense at all and it's nothing but a twisted tap dance. It's really like someone who pulls any crap out of their pocket that they can find and throws it against the wall in hopes that some it it sticks, and you don't even care which parts sticks or whether it's true or not, just as long as it sticks.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187798 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not my job to produce the 'unforged' version of the OT and the NT. Even the Vatican or the Church does not have any original of anything.
I only bring up the forgeries in the NT and the OT and present the dung, Buford.
How come the Dead Sea scrolls match what the Jews have always had and have today? Why didn't they find the "real" thing?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187799 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the question of liking or disliking the result, it is the method one uses.
if you keep on repeating and abusing him and his personal character, there will never be any result.
We have eyewitness reports (in hundreds and thousands) about his noble and peaceful nature, his sincere and truthful character, his mercy and his charity and the rules he brought.
If you ignore all that and keep on repeating like a "broken record" based on "Imperfect bits and pieces of info gathered from here and there"...there will never be any agreement.
I quote historical sources. Why is anything that does not paint him in the light you wish to see him in, a broken source, and anything that paints him the way you want him to be painted, a non broken source?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is not "Your acceptance" I am looking in this discussion.
You keep mentioning about us being able to agree. What is the difference between agreement and acceptance. Again, you seem to have no idea of what even you yourself are saying.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to show you Biblical verses that point to the advent of our prophet.
Oh, I get it, so if you want them to be about Muhammad, all you have to do is to present your far stretched ideas and everybody is supposed to simply accept it and if they don't, it couldn't be that you are wrong, it must be that they are biased. Amazing.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And most of these verses were not fulfilled by Jesus.
You know what? We weren't even supposed to be talking about Jesus, but you keep diverting the conversation into Jesus. Even if you could prove that Jesus was not prophecized in the Bible, what does that do to prove Muhammad was?? Can't you see how twisted your logic is? And you even said that you think that there are many places where Jesus was prophecized and yet you refuse to mention even one of these.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So either you try to prove that they refer to jesus, or bring another candidate or say that we are still waiting for such a person to appear.
Well, as far as a Kingdom and as far as establishing justice, neither Jesus nor Muhammad have done that yet. So either it will be Jesus doing that on his return, as he said he would, or it will have to be a new prophet as the Jews think. But either way, Muhammad is not returning so it can't be him. He is disqualified.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I will proceed to place the next OT prophesy on this thread. Inshallah
You can do anything you want, but I'm not going to answer it anymore. You are a complete waste of my time and I am sick of you dictating how the conversation will be conducted and in what order it will be conducted. I've been unusually fair to allow you to do this, but no more.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#187800 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that praying exactly five times per day should be in the Quran as well. I also think the Quran should clearly state that every part of it is the word for word dictation of God. I think those two things are pretty important.
Yes, praying five times has been covered in Qur'aan.

The point is that Trinity and the various doctrines of the Church have nothing to do with Jesus at all.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187801 Sep 7, 2013
And MUQ, here is the funniest part, You desperately need Muhammad to be prophecized in a book that you are supposed to think is corrupted and not to be trusted. So your logic fails right from the very beginning. You aren't even supposed to care about anything the OT says. So you throw it in the trashcan and then pull it back out again, only if and when you think it will suit your needs. And it STILL doesn't suit your needs. You might as well leave it in the trashcan where you are told to leave it. I can never seem to get any consistency in the logic of Muslims. It's like they don't even know what the word consistency even means. They change the rules as they see fit when they see fit and change them back again when they see fit. Hasn't anybody ever told you the logical fallacy of such self serving behavior?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#187802 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried that with Isaiah 9:6 and it failed. What are your other examples?
Not really. I showed that Isaiah in the OT was a forged translation.

Won't you consider "Kiss the Son" in Psalms 2 of OT, a forgery?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187803 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, praying five times has been covered in Qur'aan.
Where was that said? We have already been through this and you couldn't make it add up to exactly five. And as you always do, you stop participating in the conversation and pretend it never happened and a few weeks later you make the same claim as though the conversation never happened or as though you answered the problem sufficiently when you never did any such thing. You do things like this all of the time.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187804 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not my job to produce the 'unforged' version of the OT and the NT. Even the Vatican or the Church does not have any original of anything.
I only bring up the forgeries in the NT and the OT and present the dung, Buford.
What a stupid argument!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187805 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
How come the Dead Sea scrolls match what the Jews have always had and have today? Why didn't they find the "real" thing?
Obviously, the Dead Sea scrolls are forgeries.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187806 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are eggs also shia and Sunni? I never knew that. May be in your Torah , I do not know for sure.
rabbee: well they, are considered as kosher. and they, can be very eggciting.

you can fry them, boil them, bake them, scramble them, with some people even eating them raw. and can be used, as an ingredient, in all kinds of other food.

but they can also be, a source of salmonella cholera. ususlly as a result of, external contaminate on the egg, and to a lesser degree internally.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187807 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
But we discussed that and you DIDN'T end up showing that and your idea was full of holes and misunderstandings and I specifically pointed these out to you and you stopped participating rather than refuting my refuttals and then you come back a few weeks later as though you proved your point when you never did any such thing. You did this with 69:16, 5:73-75, 5:116, the Quran specifically mentioning praying five times per day, and many other issues. You consistently pull the same stunt and I have no idea how your mind tells itself that this is ok. I can't understand how you think for the life of me. It just makes no sense at all.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, maybe not. There are well explained reasons for this here where there is even disagreement on the meaning among Jews themselves.
http://www.truthnet.org/TheMessia/12_Messiah_...

But we both know that you don't even want to read this, so I have no idea why I bothered to link it. I know how you think.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187808 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ MUQ
Thanks for the long list of American wars and battles. Looks like the country does not want to see peace established in the world.
After going through the long list, I have a question:
Who says America is tired and weary of wars?
War has mostly been an engine of growth for the US economy. It is a tool used whenever the American economy is not doing well and the American Regime faces lots of problems at home.
Salaams
BMZ
rabbee: don't believe that is the reason, that any of those wars were fought. were generally fought, on the excuse of some injustice or threatened american interests. but that still is not the real reason, G-D manipulated us into them. since the united states, has the same basic problem as the rest of the world. disbelief of The-Right G-D.

if only there was such a thing, as an only true religion, church or synagogue actually true to G-D. but there isn't even, one today.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187809 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: out of all the alleged, only true scriptures here on earth. only TheTorah Scroll, has been properly maintained. why???
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187811 Sep 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
if only there was such a thing, as an only true religion, church or synagogue actually true to G-D. but there isn't even, one today.
Let's suppose that's true. What are people supposed to do about that?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187812 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Ans.
Just like US is engaged in “endless wars” for part 200 years of its history, what is wrong if our prophet was engaged in “endless wars” with his enemies for last 10 years of his life.
Nothing at all, if the "divine order" is to abolish paganism and polytheism by committing theft and murder and rape and enslavement, practices that endured in Islam for CENTURIES.
MUQ wrote:
And for past 12 years US and its allies are engaged in “endless wars” with their enemies in Iraq and Afghanistan…what is the “body count” on both side and what they have achieved?
I don't know the "body count," but if exposing the great divide between Shi'ites and Sunnis and getting out of the way as they blow each other to bloody pieces is an achievement worth celebrating, then I'd say that these "endless wars" have been smashingly successful.
MUQ wrote:
In just 10 years of wars, our prophet was able to transform the entire country of Arabia from paganism and Idol Worship to strict monotheism and do you know what was the BODY COUNT on both side? It was not more than 1000!!
Can you beat it?
That your "prophet" killed Ashraf because of things that Ashraf SAID that your "prophet" found offensive disqualifies him.
MUQ wrote:
I think it is waste of time for me to provide answers to what “isolated verses from Quran you have quoted”.
You can prove any thing by just quoting verses from any scripture without context.
Yes, you'd rather ignore the bloody marching orders that your "prophet" issued.
MUQ wrote:
Want me to prove from Quotations from Gospel that Jesus wanted to Rule and Lord over the world and would not have minded how many of his enemies were brought and killed in front of him.?
You're referencing a parable. Prove that it refers to Jesus, if you can.
MUQ wrote:
PS:
01. I had selected your post to reply about Quranic verses quoted by you, but after seeing the general tone of your post in opening part of your message, I thought it would be a worthless exercise.
People like you are not in the market to learn something and use logic and reason.
What I have learned from you is that you gladly defend a thieving, murdering, rape enabling enslaver of women and children because he claimed to be divinely inspired, and had the goal of eliminating polytheism, even though the Jews that he expelled from Arabia were ALREADY strict monotheists. Their crime/sin was REJECTING that "prophet" of yours as a damned liar.
MUQ wrote:
02. Any way I am giving you a list of wars in which the “Young” country of US has been involved in past 200 years.
So what? The US has never gone to war quoting the Qur'an!
MUQ wrote:
It does not look good if you accuse our prophet of being engaged in “endless wars”.
Your "prophet" sure as hell WANTED to be involved in "endless wars!"

Bukhari:V4B52N54 "The Prophet said,'Were it not for the believers who do not want me to leave them, I would certainly and always go forth in army units setting out in Allah's Cause. I would love to be martyred in Allah's Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get resurrected again and then get martyred.'"

The bloodthirsty fool...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187813 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the question of liking or disliking the result, it is the method one uses.
if you keep on repeating and abusing him and his personal character, there will never be any result.
We have eyewitness reports (in hundreds and thousands) about his noble and peaceful nature, his sincere and truthful character, his mercy and his charity and the rules he brought.
If you ignore all that and keep on repeating like a "broken record" based on "Imperfect bits and pieces of info gathered from here and there"...there will never be any agreement.
And it is not "Your acceptance" I am looking in this discussion.
Just to show you Biblical verses that point to the advent of our prophet.
And most of these verses were not fulfilled by Jesus.
So either you try to prove that they refer to jesus, or bring another candidate or say that we are still waiting for such a person to appear.
Otherwise your stand will be unreasonable and illogical.
This is the main purpose of my posting these verse, to show every one on this thread that how illogical and unreasonable is your attitude.
I will proceed to place the next OT prophesy on this thread. Inshallah
You speak words with out understanding the prophecy of Isaiah 45.
The Holy one of Israel is Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 45 is about the coming of God in the flesh on earth and that the Jews are to look to Jesus to save them from their sins.

At that day shall a man look to his Maker,.... The one only living and true God, who has made him, and not he himself, nor any other creature; that is, such as are left, as before described, the remnant, according to the election of grace; these shall look to God for help and assistance, for supply, support, and protection; and to Christ particularly, who is the Maker of all things, without whom was not any thing made that is made, for all spiritual blessings; for righteousness and strength, for peace and pardon, for food, and all comfortable supplies of grace, for life and salvation; who is set up to be looked unto for these things; to whom men are directed and encouraged to look for them, both by himself, and by his ministers, and to whom saints in all ages have looked and have not been disappointed; and to this sense the following words incline:

and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel; who in this prophecy is said to be the Redeemer, Isaiah 43:14 he is the Holy One that sprung from literal Israel; and is the sanctifier of mystical Israel; to which agrees the Targum,

"and his eyes shall hope for the Word of the Holy One of Israel:''

the Word by whom all things were made in the beginning, and who was made flesh and dwelt among men.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187814 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
In just 10 years of wars, our prophet was able to transform the entire country of Arabia from paganism and Idol Worship to strict monotheism and do you know what was the BODY COUNT on both side? It was not more than 1000!! Can you beat it?

Where does this figure of 1000 come from? I can't find it. I know that Muhammad had around 800 Jews beheaded, and that was the result of only one battle or invasion. And there were many invasions. So again, where did this figure come from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 12 hr emperorjohn 4,468
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Sat yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May '16 Patrick 219
More from around the web