Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253949 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#187607 Sep 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad committed genicide against the Jews in Makkah, and Medina.
There were no Jews in Makkah that were killed by our prophet.

In Madina there were three tribes of Jews, with whom prophet had made pacts of Non Violence and Common defense.

Two of the tribes broke their pacts and after a brief siege, were ordered to leave Madina. There was hardly any massacre.

The third tribe, broke their pact unilaterally , when Madina was under siege by an army of 10,000 , the largest army gathered in Arabia of those days.

Muslims were trying to protect their small city of Madina by digging a trench and monitoring it day and night.

The Jewish tribe was at the back where Muslims had placed their women and children.

It was at this critical juncture that Jewish tribe broke their pact without any warning and threatened the very survival of Islamic state.

After Makkans army left, prophet laid a siege on them to punish them for their act of Treachery.

After a brief siege, the Jews agreed on the name of an Arbitrator who shall decide their fate.

The Arbitrator pronounced his judgment, that Jewish law of war and surrender as mentioned in the Book of Numbers Chapter 20 be applied to them and it was applied.

If Jews had surrendered themselves to prophet and asked for his mercy, may be he would have pardoned them....but they lost their way in the end.

There is a saying in Sanskrit "VINASH KALEEN, VIPRIT BUDDHI"

I.e. when the end arrives, your thinking is reversed.

It seems the same thing happened to Jewish tribe of Bani Quredha.

They have themselves to blame and their own scripture to blame!!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187608 Sep 4, 2013
http://skepdic.com/houri.html

houris

Surely those who guard (against evil) are in a secure place, In gardens and springs;
They shall wear of fine and thick silk,(sitting) face to face; Thus (shall it be), and We will wed them with Houris pure, beautiful ones.--The Qu'ran (44.51-54)

Houris are beautiful black-eyed virgins believed by some Muslims to be waiting in heaven for the enjoyment of the faithful, especially men who die as martyrs. According to the Qu'ran, the houris have never been touched by man or jinn (55.56).

Many Muslims and non-Muslims alike believe that terrorists who commit murder and suicide in the name of Islam commit their sins in order to gain instant admission to heaven, where they will enjoy many houris. According to Sheikh Abdul Hadi Palazzi, an Islamic scholar and secretary general of the Italian Muslim Association, the belief in a sensuous afterlife filled with houris is based upon a hadith

collected by Imam at-Tirmidhi in “Sunan”(Volume IV, Chapters on “The Features of Heaven as described by the Messenger of Allah”, Chapter 21:“About the Smallest Reward for the People of Heaven”, hadith 2687) and also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir (Koranic Commentary) of Surah Rhman (55), ayah (verse) 72:

It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham ‘Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa’id al-Khudhri, who heard the Prophet Muhammad (Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him) saying,‘The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy two wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San’a.

This sounds like hearsay three times removed, but in any case the reward is obviously not restricted to those who die for the faith. Hence, it seems unlikely that anyone but the terminally perplexed would interpret this to mean that committing murder or suicide for Islam will automatically gain one many servants and a harem of houris.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#187609 Sep 4, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm... murdering satirical poets as an act of mercy, and doing it in secret, so that NO ONE WOULD KNOW who ordered the execution! LOL!!!
You're a perfect Mohammadan, willfully blind apologist that you are.
EVERYONE knew who had ordered their execution, that is why the message was so loud and clear and every one became quite after that!!

You NEVER had any experience to maintain law and order. did you?

It is not the job for faint hearted lily levered poltroons!!

I am not an apologist, I tell a spade a spade. He was the "Most peaceful Warrior" that the world has ever seen and shall ever see.

One Western Writer wrote "If smallness of means, greatness of purpose and outstanding results are the three criterion by which human greatness is measured, show me another example who can stand beside the Arabian Prophet...."

I am not an Apologist, it is you who are not a realist.

Did you not checked and verified how Moses and Joshua and David and Solomon won and ruled over that land?

Moses had people executed over much less crime than what our prophet did? Want examples?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187610 Sep 4, 2013
Alex WM

London, UK

#187611 Sep 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that I remembered asking you about what you think about Muslims denying the crucifixion of Jesus? I guess I didn't. I must have imagined that.
Does this deranged bigoted islamophobe ever wonder why Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Atheists and many others....totally deny his BJ Christ?
I guess he doesn't because his rotten head is full of anti islamic venom.
He "sees" things!
Alex WM

London, UK

#187612 Sep 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a silly post, I must say.
You wrote: "but we know man and woman will have the same rewards with the only difference man will get something more."
How do you know that man will get something more? Saying, "but we know" makes you look like an ignorant fool, who just babbled out a line.
Where does Qur'aan say that man will get more?
SC the closet catholic has a few problems although he is not as stupid as seeker or el-dick buford:

-He struggles to understand humorous/half-witty posts...(I like long walks, especially when they are taken by seeker......or...seeker feels so miserable without shamma, that it's almost like having shamma with him.....or...If presidents don't do it to their wives, they'll do it to the country....or....Americans always try to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else!!)

-He "grabs" the wrong end of the stick.
-He struggles to articulate his thoughts that are already way off the mark.
-He gets annoyed with himself for being unable to defend his faith.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187613 Sep 4, 2013
El Cid wrote:
http://islam.wikia.com/wiki/Ba ttle_of_the_Trench
Battle of the Trench
El dick....!
Please describe what BJ's living water looks like.
He offered it to the lonely woman at the well who gave him H2O.
What exactly did he offer when he was left alone with her by his friends who disappeared to the shops to buy a loaf of bread?
How did she drink it?
Thanks.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187614 Sep 4, 2013
El Cid wrote:
http://skepdic.com/houri.html
houris
Surely those who guard (against evil) are in a secure place, In gardens and springs;
They shall wear of fine and thick silk,(sitting) face to face; Thus (shall it be), and We will wed them with Houris pure, beautiful ones.--The Qu'ran (44.51-54)
Houris are beautiful black-eyed virgins believed by some Muslims to be waiting in heaven for the enjoyment of the faithful, especially men who die as martyrs. According to the Qu'ran, the houris have never been touched by man or jinn (55.56).
Many Muslims and non-Muslims alike believe that terrorists who commit murder and suicide in the name of Islam commit their sins in order to gain instant admission to heaven, where they will enjoy many houris. According to Sheikh Abdul Hadi Palazzi, an Islamic scholar and secretary general of the Italian Muslim Association, the belief in a sensuous afterlife filled with houris is based upon a hadith
collected by Imam at-Tirmidhi in “Sunan”(Volume IV, Chapters on “The Features of Heaven as described by the Messenger of Allah”, Chapter 21:“About the Smallest Reward for the People of Heaven”, hadith 2687) and also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir (Koranic Commentary) of Surah Rhman (55), ayah (verse) 72:
It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham ‘Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa’id al-Khudhri, who heard the Prophet Muhammad (Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him) saying,‘The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy two wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San’a.
This sounds like hearsay three times removed, but in any case the reward is obviously not restricted to those who die for the faith. Hence, it seems unlikely that anyone but the terminally perplexed would interpret this to mean that committing murder or suicide for Islam will automatically gain one many servants and a harem of houris.
This moron needs to look up better sites!
Try again AFTER taking your meds.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187615 Sep 4, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Sahih International
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God....(<<<<< <and IGNORED HIM????????>>>> > What a deceiver!!)
Alex WM

London, UK

#187616 Sep 4, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm... murdering satirical poets as an act of mercy, and doing it in secret, so that NO ONE WOULD KNOW who ordered the execution! LOL!!!
You're a perfect Mohammadan, willfully blind apologist that you are.
Take your meds.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187617 Sep 4, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice what I FIRST said...."a BIT fairer".
Do you understand what a "BIT" means?
It certainly is NOT a lot!
Compared with the insulting verses about women in YOUR "bible" ( i know you are a closet "catholic"), Quran is a BIT fairer.
Get it?
BMZ has already responded to your usual "off target" response.
Please can you tell me WHO the "houris" are?
Thanks.
Half of your post is focused on 'a bit fairer'... Something irrelevant, but if you insist with it then here is my answer.

By saying it's a bit fairer it means it's a bit better and to use your words "it certainly is not a lot. That means that your god is still a male chauvinistbut lesser than YHVH. In any case, the existence of a male chauvinistic god is ridiculous, regardeless if he's a bit or a lot. This is why I didn't focus on such pointless affermation.

Bmz has not answered at all. The poor ignorant man made a question and the answer was already in the post. I due to repeat the answer and finally he shut his ignorant mouth. Even another poster was amazed by the bmz's stupid question and gave him my same answer. You must not feel well to name me him here.

We already know who are the houris. What we don't know is why your bit fairer god, but still male chauvinistic don't give any sort of houris to women, who in after life have to watch their husbnads bang them always virgin houris?
Alex WM

London, UK

#187618 Sep 4, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of your post is focused on 'a bit fairer'... Something irrelevant, but if you insist with it then here is my answer.
By saying it's a bit fairer it means it's a bit better and to use your words "it certainly is not a lot. That means that your god is still a male chauvinistbut lesser than YHVH. In any case, the existence of a male chauvinistic god is ridiculous, regardeless if he's a bit or a lot. This is why I didn't focus on such pointless affermation.
Bmz has not answered at all. The poor ignorant man made a question and the answer was already in the post. I due to repeat the answer and finally he shut his ignorant mouth. Even another poster was amazed by the bmz's stupid question and gave him my same answer. You must not feel well to name me him here.
We already know who are the houris. What we don't know is why your bit fairer god, but still male chauvinistic don't give any sort of houris to women, who in after life have to watch their husbnads bang them always virgin houris?
Why do you continue to remain a clueless closet catholic posing as an atheist!
You are doing a bad job for the poor dwindling catholics.

Who are you to tell me what to write?
I CLEARLY said that Quran is a BIT fairer.
Which "bit" of the BIT you don't understand?
You simply have not given a proper response.
Is Quran a BIT fairer to women than YOUR CATHOLIC bible?
Answer me you linguistically challenged ex fascist catholic.

You claim that you now about houris.
Who are they?
Tell us.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187619 Sep 4, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey colonic...
Why did your CATHOLIC god send HIS own son to DIE (for non Jews,,,? ha..ha) instead of sending HIS own daughter to save losers like you?
Did you know that YOUR church believes that women have NO souls, you closet catholic?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#187620 Sep 4, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
Stefano,

Stop being an idiot!

I try my best not to discuss anything with you, first because of your hopeless English and second, because you make silly and idiotic statements. The oter poster that you mentioned but did not name, appears to be anotehr clueless fool like you.

This is how it went on:

In your silly post # 187556, you wrote:

"If a religious person says that his holy book is better than the antagonist book, is kinda hard to believe it. Matter of fact we already know that Al Ilah is a male chauvinistic god.

Now leave aside Islam and focus on Quran, where did you see in that book that man and woman are promised the same reward, as you stated? We know if the man goes to Paradise he will enjoy his time with houris, while the woman doesn't.

Your Quran 2:228 doesn't say what you reported, and be honest and report the entire and CORRECT verse.

Your Quran 33:35 doesn't disprove my affermation of your god being make chauvinistic but rather it says all people will have great rewards, but we know man and woman will have the same rewards with the only difference man will get something more."

In my post #187559, I had written:

"Quite a silly post, I must say.

You wrote: "but we know man and woman will have the same rewards with the only difference man will get something more."

How do you know that man will get something more? Saying, "but we know" makes you look like an ignorant fool, who just babbled out a line.

Where does Qur'aan say that man will get more?"

You did not answer!

And your foolish response was in your post 187563, where you wrote:

"I can't expect anything more than your useless post from you.

But the explanation for that is there in my post. In heaven men will get houris, while women doesn't."

You did NOT answer my question at all. You just repeated your silly stuff.

My question was: " Where does Qur'aan say that man will get more?"

So, you have to show me through Qur'aan. Obviously, you can't do that. You have failed miserably.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#187621 Sep 4, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This deranged fool is a clueless bigoted islamophobe who chooses to live in denial.
He refuses to acknowledge scriptural "errors/insertions/omissi ons/interpolations/corruptions " that are obvious to even a child.
BMZ has already explained my post.
Salaamz AleX. Venerable scholar and perveyor of fact. Well said! I have had my own ankxt with the denialist-club and it must be painful for them when they realize that they have accepted wrongly,Authority over Truth,instead of Truth as the authority.LOL! CheerZ
bmz

Singapore

#187622 Sep 4, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice what I FIRST said...."a BIT fairer".
Do you understand what a "BIT" means?
It certainly is NOT a lot!
Compared with the insulting verses about women in YOUR "bible" ( i know you are a closet "catholic"), Quran is a BIT fairer.
Get it?
BMZ has already responded to your usual "off target" response.
Please can you tell me WHO the "houris" are?
Thanks.
Stefano has not been able to answer my question: " Where does Qur'aan say that man will get more?"

He will never be able.

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Singapore

#187623 Sep 4, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran says man will get a lot of virgins for sex.
While woman will get their husband back!
LOL!
I just got rid of one fool and another enters. I mean you.

Where does Qur'aan say that man will get a lot of virgins for sex?

That is news to me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#187624 Sep 4, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>HughBe--- Where in the scriptures do you find that LYING is acceptable in Christianity?
Shamma-Lying is nor acceptable to God.
Yet you accept the lies of Muhammad with out condemning them that are used as an excuse to murder innocent people.
No where in "Scripture does Jesus say I am not God, don't worship Me"
Thomas said: John 20:28
King James Version.
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Thomas called Jesus God!
Jesus did not rebuke Thomas; nor did Jesus say I am not God do not worship Me.
But Jesus did say "Blessed are those that have not seen, and yet believe".
Jesus confirmed to Thomas that Jesus is God in human form.
Yer you do not rebuke the Muslims in their claim that Jesus is not the Son of God, but a mere prophet of God.
Son of God means Jesus is equal to The Father as being God in human form.
And Jesus did not deny that truth revealed to Thomas by The Holy Spirit.
So you are divided in mind and spirit.
Sham---Yet you accept the lies of Muhammad with out condemning them that are used as an excuse to murder innocent people

HughBe---Forgiven
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#187625 Sep 4, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought provoking indeed.
Jesus was pointing this out on several occasions.
Thank you.
God bless you.
The doctrine of Kosher pork is one example of CORRUPTION and the misleading of the Jewish people.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#187626 Sep 4, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right there, dear HughBe.
It seems Seeker's arrogance stands between him and common decency/common sense.
He insults almost every poster.
He seems a control freak who is struggling to find and keep friends.
May God guide him to the truth one day.
God bless you, HughBe.
What I have come to realize is that the religious nuts/fanatics cleave to error and have very little love of truth and this applies to the Christians as well as to non-Christians e.g. Judahites.

God bless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Aug 25 JesusWasNOTaJew G... 12
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Aug 25 Eagle 12 798
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Aug 25 Eagle 12 4,819
Anyone still at this forum Aug 23 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web