Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 225264 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187570 Sep 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
IMPERMISSIBLE FOOD IS ILLOGICAL:
1) What's wrong with eating pork, crab, rabbit and other so-called impermissible animals?
2) The Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Europeans and many others eat the flesh of all these so-called impermissible animals and are as healthy or are healthier than most people.
3) So, what's this kosher and halal nonsense all about?
4) Since when have anatomical features or eating habits determined which animal is fit for consumption or not?
5) If one wishes to minimize cruelty/violence or to stay healthy by cutting out animal foods, one adopts a vegetarian or a vegan diet.
6) If one eats animal foods, it's illogical to talk about permissible or impermissible animal foods based on certain anatomical features or eating habits - animal foods of all kinds ultimately reduce to nutrients - proteins, fats, etc.
rabbee: those who murder vegetables, that cannot run away, are even more cruel. and are more likely, to murder the helpless.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187571 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the details of the deal struck with Kuwait?
Who told Saddam to enter Kuwait?
Who paid for the destruction and reconstruction of Kuwait?
How come the plan for Kuwait reconstruction was in place long before 1990 invasion of Iraq?
Who created Kuwait of today...when?
The development of the nation of Kuwait dates to the early 18th cent. when the town of Kuwait was founded by Arabs. The present ruling dynasty was established by Sabah abu Abdullah (ruled 1756–72).
In the late 18th and early 19th cent. the emirate, nominally an Ottoman province, from BASRA.
In 1897, Kuwait was made a British protectorate.
In January 1899, Mubarak signed an agreement with the British which pledged that Kuwait would never cede any territory nor receive agents or representatives of any foreign power without the British Government's consent. In essence, this policy gave Britain control of Kuwait's foreign policy!!
In June, 1961, the British ended their protectorate, yeah right!
Kuwait supported Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War, which caused the country's oil income to decrease by nearly 50%. An oil refinery was attacked by Iran in 1982
It is not as simple as you may think.
Taking it back from Sadaam is not the same as mindless bombing of sovereign nations!
rabbee: you give way to much credit to alleged as men, for what is commanded to happen according to G-D. why is so much diversity, being commanded among disbelievers? what actually happens, is not our plans of alleged as men and/or talking critters.

as you dare to blame men, for what G-D commanded of them. without considering, it is because they were good or bad to G-D. this whole world is insane, if you think the power of the happening is ours to command as we wish.

nothing has happened, the way any nation has commanded it. because we are all subject, to the imperative commands of G-D. as we have all been doing as G-D, commanded of us since Parashas Noach, to here in Parashas Bereeeshees again. no one on earth or beyond, is immune to the actual imperative commands of G-D.

if the whole world is screwing each other, it is because G-D commanded this diversity of disbelievers.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187572 Sep 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a silly post, I must say.
You wrote: "but we know man and woman will have the same rewards with the only difference man will get something more."
How do you know that man will get something more? Saying, "but we know" makes you look like an ignorant fool, who just babbled out a line.
Where does Qur'aan say that man will get more?
rabbee: a righteous female, is held in higher regard by G-D. than any righteous or unrighteous, male. with their being great, great difficulty in finding a virtuous female. because males are not doing as commanded by G-D of them. so therefor are all being indirect commands from G-D, via hasatan, baal hamolech, and halooseefer who G-D also commands directly.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187573 Sep 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe is a good Christian. He is as good as the real good one on the ground.
HughBe is not a Christian!
HughBe is an MUHAMMADAN!
He follows the philosophy Muhammad.
Labeling others as evil justifies killing them without guilt of violating Gods laws "Thou shall not kill".
Muhammad labeled all other peoples evil under his religion laws.

So all the evil Muhammad committed was considered righteous by Muhammad's followers.

Muhammad became God Almighty on earth in power over all peoples of the earth, and was sanctified by his evil acts of savagery in the sight of his followers.

HughBe thinks in those terms.
What ever HighBe decides is right or wrong regardless of what Gods laws are HughBe is right!

And that is the mind set of Muhammad and all Muslims under Muhammad's religion of Islam!

What ever Muhammad decided was wrong or right became Muslim law eliminating God.

Muslims are Muhammadan's!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187574 Sep 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What Alex meant was that the crucifixion and resurrection accounts were added later.
rabbee: well i am quite convinced by G-D, that the crucifixion and resurrection of Adam has happened again. and it is once again, not as expected by this world of disbelievers. since it is exactly as G-D, said forever previously.

so i do not trust, what the evil tailor has done to alter this story. as i do believe G-D, that hasatan has had his hands in helping them rewrite their bibles. you disbelieve in TheG-D here in TheTorah, and hasatan is of the greatest help to you. he is always somewhere around, more than willing to offer to you his antiG-D, expert g-d help. and if you buy that brooklyn bridge, then there are two more angels more than willing to help you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#187575 Sep 3, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>HughBe is not a Christian!
HughBe is an MUHAMMADAN!
He follows the philosophy Muhammad.
Labeling others as evil justifies killing them without guilt of violating Gods laws "Thou shall not kill".
Muhammad labeled all other peoples evil under his religion laws.
So all the evil Muhammad committed was considered righteous by Muhammad's followers.
Muhammad became God Almighty on earth in power over all peoples of the earth, and was sanctified by his evil acts of savagery in the sight of his followers.
HughBe thinks in those terms.
What ever HighBe decides is right or wrong regardless of what Gods laws are HughBe is right!
And that is the mind set of Muhammad and all Muslims under Muhammad's religion of Islam!
What ever Muhammad decided was wrong or right became Muslim law eliminating God.
Muslims are Muhammadan's!
Sham----HughBe is not a Christian!

HughBe---- Given what is called a Christian you are correct. However, I believe in Jesus, the Christ, the Redeemer and the Father. I believe that the ONLY mandatory rules of faith are to be found in the scriptures and nowhere else.

Sham--- HughBe is an MUHAMMADAN!

HughBe--- I was unaware of this figment of your mind.

Sham---He follows the philosophy Muhammad.

HughBe--- Where in the scriptures do you find that LYING is acceptable in Christianity? I KNOW that it is acceptable in Judaism based on the REPEATED demonstration and practice of it by its members.

Sham-----Labeling others as evil justifies killing them without guilt of violating Gods laws "Thou shall not kill".

HughBe--- You speak as intelligently as Seeker.

Sham---Muhammad labeled all other peoples evil under his religion laws.

HughBe--- So?

Sham---So all the evil Muhammad committed was considered righteous by Muhammad's followers.

HughBe--- So?

Sham---Muhammad became God Almighty on earth in power over all peoples of the earth,

HughBe--- So worship him, since he became God Almighty.

Sham---HughBe thinks in those terms.

HughBe--- I am NOT God Almighty and could NEVER be. The very thought of such comparison is INSANITY and BLASPHEMY.

Sham---What ever HighBe decides is right or wrong regardless of what Gods laws are HughBe is right!

HughBe--- Prove by giving just ONE example of your LYING words.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#187576 Sep 3, 2013
Sham,

Back into the mental asylum.

Location hidden

#187577 Sep 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sham----HughBe is not a Christian!
HughBe---- Given what is called a Christian you are correct. However, I believe in Jesus, the Christ, the Redeemer and the Father. I believe that the ONLY mandatory rules of faith are to be found in the scriptures and nowhere else.
Sham--- HughBe is an MUHAMMADAN!
HughBe--- I was unaware of this figment of your mind.
Sham---He follows the philosophy Muhammad.
HughBe--- Where in the scriptures do you find that LYING is acceptable in Christianity? I KNOW that it is acceptable in Judaism based on the REPEATED demonstration and practice of it by its members.
Sham-----Labeling others as evil justifies killing them without guilt of violating Gods laws "Thou shall not kill".
HughBe--- You speak as intelligently as Seeker.
Sham---Muhammad labeled all other peoples evil under his religion laws.
HughBe--- So?
Sham---So all the evil Muhammad committed was considered righteous by Muhammad's followers.
HughBe--- So?
Sham---Muhammad became God Almighty on earth in power over all peoples of the earth,
HughBe--- So worship him, since he became God Almighty.
Sham---HughBe thinks in those terms.
HughBe--- I am NOT God Almighty and could NEVER be. The very thought of such comparison is INSANITY and BLASPHEMY.
Sham---What ever HighBe decides is right or wrong regardless of what Gods laws are HughBe is right!
HughBe--- Prove by giving just ONE example of your LYING words.
HughBe--- Where in the scriptures do you find that LYING is acceptable in Christianity?
Shamma-Lying is nor acceptable to God.
Yet you accept the lies of Muhammad with out condemning them that are used as an excuse to murder innocent people.
No where in "Scripture does Jesus say I am not God, don't worship Me"

Thomas said: John 20:28
King James Version.
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Thomas called Jesus God!
Jesus did not rebuke Thomas; nor did Jesus say I am not God do not worship Me.
But Jesus did say "Blessed are those that have not seen, and yet believe".
Jesus confirmed to Thomas that Jesus is God in human form.

Yer you do not rebuke the Muslims in their claim that Jesus is not the Son of God, but a mere prophet of God.

Son of God means Jesus is equal to The Father as being God in human form.
And Jesus did not deny that truth revealed to Thomas by The Holy Spirit.
So you are divided in mind and spirit.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187578 Sep 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are 2000 years not enough?
May be you should have invented N bombs 2000 years back. Then there would no Fidel or infidels left on earth!!
What? Are we now comparing body counts?

Get this, tool. Your "prophet" ordered the executions of his critics. This is why Muslims who commit murder of "infidels" and "apostates" have an "excuse," of sorts. This hateful mentality explains 9/11. Christians don't have this bloody luxury. If they commit murder, they CAN'T cite Jesus' testimony. They don't have permission at all. They are SINNING.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187579 Sep 3, 2013
http://quran.com/4/157

Sahih International
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Saint Albans, WV

#187580 Sep 3, 2013
Sahih International
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Saint Albans, WV

#187581 Sep 3, 2013
Sahih International

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#187583 Sep 3, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to agree with my answers, but they are perfectly coherent. I walked through every part of Isaiah 42 and said why I don't think Muhammad fits it. What is incoherent about that? If you can't understand what I am clearly pointing out, then YOU are incoherent. Just because I say things you don't like, does not make my posts incoherent at all. I can't understand what system of logic you could possibly be using.
<quoted text>
Look at how long and detailed my responses are to you. I think I am wasting my time discussing anything with you because you have a warped sense of logic and reasoning, but I still spend a ton of time giving you long detailed responses only for you to have the nerve to say I am not giving you enough time. You really know how to push someone's patience, don't you. And even worse, you are demanding that I give all of my time exclusively to you. That really takes a lot of nerve.
<quoted text>
More important to YOU. Why should it be more important to ME or anyone else? Can you understand that? I think you actually cannot understand that and your sense of reasoning is completely warped. Again, you really do have a lot of nerve
<quoted text>
After the long, detailed responses that I have wasted my time giving you, only a crackpot would say what you just said. What is the matter with you? I cannot understand your twisted sense of reasoning. It's like if I refute one thing about Muhammad, you don't even read the rest of the post and dismiss everything else I am saying. Why should I continue to waste my time with someone like you?
You have given your inputs and I have given my inputs.

There is no way in which we can keep on arguing and either you force me to change your opinion or you to change my opinion.

Let readers decide, which has more rings to the truth and we should move on.

It was apparent from the very beginning of our discussion what would be our positions.

You will just look for even the remotest connection with some thing from Jesus' life and start shouting "here is 100 % accurate prophesy" about Jesus.

While the more stronger evidence with life of our prophet, would you simply negate "No, I do not think it refers to your prophet, because he killed people and make them slaves..." Is that the way to analyze a prophesy?

My aim is to lay before people clear info and let them decide, and I am able to stand on and defend my case and your earlier boast that no one can stand before you are discuss this issue has been proven wrong.

Let us move on to next prophesy and you just give your version and I give my reasoning, that should suffice.

Otherwise, we will be engaged in "endless discussion" or "Looping discussion" where after 100 posts we come back to square one.

I can see from the very onset that "Your situation is exactly like Jews when they say "There is not a single clear cut prophesy about Jesus in any of OT books"....while you keep on croaking "But, there are hundreds and even thousands of prophesies about Jesus and in fact the whole subject of Bible is Jesus"!!

My Dear Brother, hatred and bias are the two biggest hurdle for people in recognizing the truth.

We each shall have to answer to our Creator in the hereafter, on what we write to each other....just keep that in mind. Not that it would matter much with you.

Location hidden

#187584 Sep 3, 2013
JIHAD IN THE "QURAN".
Allah orders Muslims in the Quran to terrorize non-Muslims on His behalf.

"Strike terror (into the hearts of) the enemies of God and your enemies."
Surah 8:60

Fight (kill) them (non-Muslims), and God will punish,(torment) them by your hands, cover them with shame." Surah 9:14

" I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers, smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them. It is not ye who slew them; it was God."
Surah 8:13-17.

JIHAD IN THE "HADITH".
In the Hadith Mohammed also urges Muslims to practice Jihad.

Mohammed was once asked: what is the best deed for the Muslim next to believing in Allah and His Apostle? His answer was : " To participate in Jihad in Allah’s cause. " Al Bukhari vol 1:25.

Mohammed was quoted as saying: "I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, none has the right to be worshipped but Allah."
Al Bukhari vol 4:196.

Mohammed also said; "The person who participates in (Holy Battles) in Allah’s cause and nothing compels him do so except belief in Allah and His Apostle, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty ( if he survives) or will be admitted to Paradise ( if he is killed). Al Bukhari vol 1:35

Location hidden

#187585 Sep 3, 2013
There exists a close nexus between mind and matter which means that mind influences body and body impacts mind. So, logically speaking, biology is bound to get influenced by a person's mental exercises in the form of religious beliefs/religious practices and the physical part of faith involving bodily gestures during rituals is sure to leave a deep imprint on mind - in this way, it may be said that each religious type is genetically quite unique.

Location hidden

#187586 Sep 3, 2013
A person with average reasoning skills will stay far away from religion which is mostly mumbo jumbo and where the Tanach is concerned the person will run a mile away from it after being exposed to the shocking amounts of evil found splattered across almost all its pages.

Location hidden

#187587 Sep 3, 2013
One need not be religious to be a good human being.

Location hidden

#187588 Sep 3, 2013
A religious type is always irrational and his goodness is limited and colored by the narrowness of his ego and faith, whereas the goodness of an atheist is more universal and less biased.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#187590 Sep 3, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>What? Are we now comparing body counts?
Get this, tool. Your "prophet" ordered the executions of his critics. This is why Muslims who commit murder of "infidels" and "apostates" have an "excuse," of sorts. This hateful mentality explains 9/11. Christians don't have this bloody luxury. If they commit murder, they CAN'T cite Jesus' testimony. They don't have permission at all. They are SINNING.
He did not order execution of his "critics", otherwise he would have to kill every resident of Makkah and Madina who opposed him.

He ordered to kill "Poets who were using their poetry to lampoon the character of our prophet" (You can compare that to Mass Media of our time).

He got them killed because their crime was self evident and poetry was the mass media of those times. He got them killed secretly, so as to save bloodshed of their community members. It was really an act of mercy for their community.

And that is how, by using such small amount of force and so less loss of life, he was able to transform the entire nation of Arabia from a stage of paganism and total anarchy, to strict monotheism and made a nation out of them.

Such a feat was never achieved by any one and shall never be duplicated by any one.

Present day Muslims are not following the ways and path of prophet, who strictly warned them against breaking into groups and fight with each other.

Location hidden

#187592 Sep 3, 2013
When the unembodied/subtler reaches of the consciousness-force infused in matter vibrate at a particular rate in matter to vivify it by manifesting in matter the powers of respiration, metabolism, excretion, reproduction and other processes, the clump of matter which is called the body comes alive or is vivified. This particular range of the infused consciousness-force that animates matter is called the physico-vital force.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun 23 Drake_Burrwood 1
News Illogical Religious Positions? Jun 15 Looney Tunes 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 14 Davglix 107
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Jun 12 MakesUBeGone 2
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Jun 5 Son of man 1
HELP Wicca Covens in my area! (Jun '09) Jun 4 isis 63
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Jun 2 Reason Personified 14,660
More from around the web