Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256291 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187555 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
By using the expression..."a bit fairer" (I said ..Quran is a "bit" fairer than your male chauvinistic books), I am being very modest, although in my heart I believe that Quran is infinitely superior.
Can we find many verses in OT and NT giving men and women equal rights by addressing both? Perhaps I may have missed some of them. That is why I said Quran is "a bit fairer" and NOT "a lot fairer" or "infinitely superior".
According to Islam there is no difference between men and women in their relationship to Allah/GOD, as both are promised the same reward for good conduct and the same punishment for evil conduct.
The Quran says:
"And for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women." [Quran 2:228]
The Quran, in addressing the believers, often uses the expression,'believing men and women' to emphasize the equality of men and women in regard to their respective duties, rights, virtues and merits.
It also says:
"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise, for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward." [Noble Quran 33:35]
This contradicts the assertion of the Christian Fathers that women do not possess souls and that they will exist as sexless beings in the next life. The Quran says that women have souls in exactly the same way as men and will enter Paradise if they do good:
If a religious person says that his holy book is better than the antagonist book, is kinda hard to believe it. Matter of fact we already know that Al Ilah is a male chauvinistic god.

Now leave aside Islam and focus on Quran, where did you see in that book that man and woman are promised the same reward, as you stated? We know if the man goes to Paradise he will enjoy his time with houris, while the woman doesn't.

Your Quran 2:228 doesn't say what you reported, and be honest and report the entire and CORRECT verse.

Your Quran 33:35 doesn't disprove my affermation of your god being make chauvinistic but rather it says all people will have great rewards, but we know man and woman will have the same rewards with the only difference man will get something more.

Location hidden

#187556 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
By using the expression..."a bit fairer" (I said ..Quran is a "bit" fairer than your male chauvinistic books), I am being very modest, although in my heart I believe that Quran is infinitely superior.
Can we find many verses in OT and NT giving men and women equal rights by addressing both? Perhaps I may have missed some of them. That is why I said Quran is "a bit fairer" and NOT "a lot fairer" or "infinitely superior".
According to Islam there is no difference between men and women in their relationship to Allah/GOD, as both are promised the same reward for good conduct and the same punishment for evil conduct.
The Quran says:
"And for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women." [Quran 2:228]
The Quran, in addressing the believers, often uses the expression,'believing men and women' to emphasize the equality of men and women in regard to their respective duties, rights, virtues and merits.
It also says:
"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise, for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward." [Noble Quran 33:35]
This contradicts the assertion of the Christian Fathers that women do not possess souls and that they will exist as sexless beings in the next life. The Quran says that women have souls in exactly the same way as men and will enter Paradise if they do good:
If a religious person says that his holy book is better than the antagonist book, is kinda hard to believe it. Matter of fact we already know that Al Ilah is a male chauvinistic god.

Now leave aside Islam and focus on Quran, where did you see in that book that man and woman are promised the same reward, as you stated? We know if the man goes to Paradise he will enjoy his time with houris, while the woman doesn't.

Your Quran 2:228 doesn't say what you reported, and be honest and report the entire and CORRECT verse.

Your Quran 33:35 doesn't disprove my affermation of your god being male chauvinistic but rather it says all people will have great rewards, but we know man and woman will have the same rewards with the only difference man will get something more.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187557 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Synoptic Gospels before corruption nullify it!
Really? The synoptic gospels don't talk about his crucifixion and resurrection? Really?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187558 Sep 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Seeker, please correct me if I am wrong but I believe that you are a Christian and if so you have many things in common with Shamma e.g. Christianity, a name which starts with S and other self-evident qualities.
Alex---Thank you HughBe for that response.
I trust that he gets the message.
God bless you.
HughBe--- I am not very hopeful that he will understand but I shall still cling to the straw.
God bless you, Alex.
I thought that I remembered asking you about what you think about Muslims denying the crucifixion of Jesus? I guess I didn't. I must have imagined that.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#187559 Sep 3, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Quran 33:35 doesn't disprove my affermation of your god being male chauvinistic but rather it says all people will have great rewards, but we know man and woman will have the same rewards with the only difference man will get something more.
Quite a silly post, I must say.

You wrote: "but we know man and woman will have the same rewards with the only difference man will get something more."

How do you know that man will get something more? Saying, "but we know" makes you look like an ignorant fool, who just babbled out a line.

Where does Qur'aan say that man will get more?
bmz

Location hidden

#187560 Sep 3, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that I remembered asking you about what you think about Muslims denying the crucifixion of Jesus? I guess I didn't. I must have imagined that.
Obviously, HughBe knows well that Muslims deny the crucifixion. I am sure HughBe will say something like this:

"Oh, yes! The Muslims deny the crucifixion and I am aware of that." HughBe also might add:

"The Muslims also deny the Trinity or the triune God, as God is not Triune."

All well-read Christians do not believe in Trinity.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187561 Sep 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing and murdering each other is a different thing. Christians had been at it for centuries in the name of their Vain God Jesus.
So, learn to live with what is happening. And by the way don't forget the American Civil War, which was quite worse.
American Christians killed 600,000 of their own kind within that short span. Master killer Christians.
By that standard, killing in Syria is just a fraction.
rabbee: the untrue, murdering the untrue, is not a new phenomena. when the instances in history, of the untrue coming against any true to G-D is extremely rare. and are extremely less devastating, to the true side.

but the untrue vs the untrue, tend to drag out for longer periods of time. with G-D telling both sides something, with generally neither side listening. and generally denoted, by mostly a stalemate situation, with a lot of continuous murder.
bmz

Location hidden

#187562 Sep 3, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? The synoptic gospels don't talk about his crucifixion and resurrection? Really?
What Alex meant was that the crucifixion and resurrection accounts were added later.

Location hidden

#187563 Sep 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote: "but we know man and woman will have the same rewards with the only difference man will get something more."
How do you know that man will get something more? Saying, "but we know" makes you look like an ignorant fool, who just babbled out a line.
I can't expect anything more than your useless post from you.

But the explanation for that is there in my post. In heaven men will get houris, while women doesn't.
news

New York, NY

#187564 Sep 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran says man will get a lot of virgins for sex.
While woman will get their husband back!

LOL!
bmz

Location hidden

#187565 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
Where does one begin! lol
Godo question, Alex

One can begin on the day the Council of Nicaea was held. The first sign is when all the Bishops were loaded on donkeys, horses and mules and were bundled up despatched to Nicaea under royal orders.

Most of them agreed when Constantine's soldiers held their spears at correct angle, pointing to wards the Bishops.

Once the Church became powerful, then all hell broke lose. That is why, people were hiding their books and collections, which have only been found now.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187566 Sep 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are 2000 years not enough?
May be you should have invented N bombs 2000 years back. Then there would no Fidel or infidels left on earth!!
rabbee: but if you murdered/suicided all the infidels on earth today. i would be less alone, than i am now. not here in TheTorah talking critters, are not good un-evolved company. have any of you thought about evolving, here in TheTorah yet with G-D?

when about 7 billion not here in TheTorah heretics, are always 100% wrong here in TheTorah. where is your faith, here in TheTorah from G-D?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187567 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the details of the deal struck with Kuwait?
Who told Saddam to enter Kuwait?
Who paid for the destruction and reconstruction of Kuwait?
How come the plan for Kuwait reconstruction was in place long before 1990 invasion of Iraq?
Who created Kuwait of today...when?
The development of the nation of Kuwait dates to the early 18th cent. when the town of Kuwait was founded by Arabs. The present ruling dynasty was established by Sabah abu Abdullah (ruled 1756–72).
In the late 18th and early 19th cent. the emirate, nominally an Ottoman province, from BASRA.
In 1897, Kuwait was made a British protectorate.
In January 1899, Mubarak signed an agreement with the British which pledged that Kuwait would never cede any territory nor receive agents or representatives of any foreign power without the British Government's consent. In essence, this policy gave Britain control of Kuwait's foreign policy!!
In June, 1961, the British ended their protectorate, yeah right!
Kuwait supported Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War, which caused the country's oil income to decrease by nearly 50%. An oil refinery was attacked by Iran in 1982
It is not as simple as you may think.
Taking it back from Sadaam is not the same as mindless bombing of sovereign nations!
rabbee: arabs not true to G-D murdering arabs not true to G-D, has a lot longer history than 1600 years. and in fact can most likely trace it's roots back, to the tower of babel. and is not anymore of a good sign, that alleged as christians, murdering alleged as christians. how can murderers of their own alleged kind, ever be considered as true to G-D?
bmz

Location hidden

#187568 Sep 3, 2013
Correction, Alex

Should read: Good question

Thanks
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#187569 Sep 3, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker---I thought that I remembered asking you about what you think about Muslims denying the crucifixion of Jesus? I guess I didn't. I must have imagined that.

HughBe--- It it ALL in your head and has no bearing on reality.

Anyhow, now that you have raised the matter my questions to you are: SO WHAT? Which is worse, to deny the crucifixion or to deny the existence of Jesus, the Christ?

Members,some, of Judaism deny that Jesus lived and one small member a few hours ago called Him a FAIRY TALE.

Having said all of that I am still waiting on your responses to 1 and 2.

1. HughBe--- You are being given the opportunity to expose my stupidity. The context of Eric's ejaculation is in his post below. Go right ahead.

Post 187467 follows---

Joel---Kosher - a dietary paradigm shift into lunacy.

Hugh--- Perhaps your thoughts included kosher pig meat.

Simplification of the quote below. " due to a law that bans the import of non-kosher meat(PORK), all of the PORK sold in Israel is raised and processed in the Holy Land.

PORK has been inserted and nothing else.

Quotation--" due to a law that bans the import of non-kosher meat, all of the pork sold in Israel is raised and processed in the Holy Land."

ERIC-----You are so dense.

2. Seeker, please correct me if I am wrong but I believe that you are a Christian
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187570 Sep 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
IMPERMISSIBLE FOOD IS ILLOGICAL:
1) What's wrong with eating pork, crab, rabbit and other so-called impermissible animals?
2) The Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Europeans and many others eat the flesh of all these so-called impermissible animals and are as healthy or are healthier than most people.
3) So, what's this kosher and halal nonsense all about?
4) Since when have anatomical features or eating habits determined which animal is fit for consumption or not?
5) If one wishes to minimize cruelty/violence or to stay healthy by cutting out animal foods, one adopts a vegetarian or a vegan diet.
6) If one eats animal foods, it's illogical to talk about permissible or impermissible animal foods based on certain anatomical features or eating habits - animal foods of all kinds ultimately reduce to nutrients - proteins, fats, etc.
rabbee: those who murder vegetables, that cannot run away, are even more cruel. and are more likely, to murder the helpless.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187571 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the details of the deal struck with Kuwait?
Who told Saddam to enter Kuwait?
Who paid for the destruction and reconstruction of Kuwait?
How come the plan for Kuwait reconstruction was in place long before 1990 invasion of Iraq?
Who created Kuwait of today...when?
The development of the nation of Kuwait dates to the early 18th cent. when the town of Kuwait was founded by Arabs. The present ruling dynasty was established by Sabah abu Abdullah (ruled 1756–72).
In the late 18th and early 19th cent. the emirate, nominally an Ottoman province, from BASRA.
In 1897, Kuwait was made a British protectorate.
In January 1899, Mubarak signed an agreement with the British which pledged that Kuwait would never cede any territory nor receive agents or representatives of any foreign power without the British Government's consent. In essence, this policy gave Britain control of Kuwait's foreign policy!!
In June, 1961, the British ended their protectorate, yeah right!
Kuwait supported Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War, which caused the country's oil income to decrease by nearly 50%. An oil refinery was attacked by Iran in 1982
It is not as simple as you may think.
Taking it back from Sadaam is not the same as mindless bombing of sovereign nations!
rabbee: you give way to much credit to alleged as men, for what is commanded to happen according to G-D. why is so much diversity, being commanded among disbelievers? what actually happens, is not our plans of alleged as men and/or talking critters.

as you dare to blame men, for what G-D commanded of them. without considering, it is because they were good or bad to G-D. this whole world is insane, if you think the power of the happening is ours to command as we wish.

nothing has happened, the way any nation has commanded it. because we are all subject, to the imperative commands of G-D. as we have all been doing as G-D, commanded of us since Parashas Noach, to here in Parashas Bereeeshees again. no one on earth or beyond, is immune to the actual imperative commands of G-D.

if the whole world is screwing each other, it is because G-D commanded this diversity of disbelievers.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187572 Sep 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: a righteous female, is held in higher regard by G-D. than any righteous or unrighteous, male. with their being great, great difficulty in finding a virtuous female. because males are not doing as commanded by G-D of them. so therefor are all being indirect commands from G-D, via hasatan, baal hamolech, and halooseefer who G-D also commands directly.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187573 Sep 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe is a good Christian. He is as good as the real good one on the ground.
HughBe is not a Christian!
HughBe is an MUHAMMADAN!
He follows the philosophy Muhammad.
Labeling others as evil justifies killing them without guilt of violating Gods laws "Thou shall not kill".
Muhammad labeled all other peoples evil under his religion laws.

So all the evil Muhammad committed was considered righteous by Muhammad's followers.

Muhammad became God Almighty on earth in power over all peoples of the earth, and was sanctified by his evil acts of savagery in the sight of his followers.

HughBe thinks in those terms.
What ever HighBe decides is right or wrong regardless of what Gods laws are HughBe is right!

And that is the mind set of Muhammad and all Muslims under Muhammad's religion of Islam!

What ever Muhammad decided was wrong or right became Muslim law eliminating God.

Muslims are Muhammadan's!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187574 Sep 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What Alex meant was that the crucifixion and resurrection accounts were added later.
rabbee: well i am quite convinced by G-D, that the crucifixion and resurrection of Adam has happened again. and it is once again, not as expected by this world of disbelievers. since it is exactly as G-D, said forever previously.

so i do not trust, what the evil tailor has done to alter this story. as i do believe G-D, that hasatan has had his hands in helping them rewrite their bibles. you disbelieve in TheG-D here in TheTorah, and hasatan is of the greatest help to you. he is always somewhere around, more than willing to offer to you his antiG-D, expert g-d help. and if you buy that brooklyn bridge, then there are two more angels more than willing to help you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loner wiccan Oct 1 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep 25 de_sheets 3
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep '17 dirt reynolds 121
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep '17 ABBB 54
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep '17 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
More from around the web