Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,819)

Showing posts 176,361 - 176,380 of198,740
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bryant

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please!
The Quranic Arabic Corpus is for those, who are not well-grounded inArabic. Don't show that to me, please!
The words came from others. Qur'aan does not acll him The Messaih.
Qur'aan quotes those, who said that. I have already told you that Qur'aan calls him Rasul-ul-lah (Messenger of Allah).
In English, one mostly writes words separately. In Qur'aan, words are combined with an 'al', which is not a definite article, and acts as a conjunction.
For example, Allah, which can be written as Al-lah. Here Al is the definite article and Allah means The God.
In the Quranic Arabic Corpus, you presented, the words Qatalna in the third row and the word messiah in the fourth row are read together and 'al' is used to combine the two.
So, we read it as QATALAN-AL-MASEEH, which means "We killed messiah". You can't do that in scripturally poor languages English and Greek.
For example you cannot do killed-al-messiah kind of thing in English or Greek.
And then look at the words in row 8 and row 9. It says Rasul in row 8 and Allah in row 9, which we read together as Rasulallah or Rasulullah.
Allah does not say that Jesus was The Messiah. Allah says he was the son of Mary and the messenger of Allah. You can see 'son of Mary' written in rows 6 and 7.
Jews are expecting the Messiah to come, the King of Israel. They do not believe Jesus is the Messiah.

Are you saying that the author of the Qur'an did not look at Jesus of Nazareth as being the Messiah, the one Jews are still awaiting?

Is the Qur'an denying Jesus of Nazareth is that Messiah?

If so, do Muslims believe a Jewish Messiah is still to come?

Rambam's 13 Principles of Faith:

12. I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the Messiah. How long it takes, I will await His coming every day.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Clueless Muslim,
Qur'an 69:38 "But nay! I swear that this is truly the word of an honored, illustrious, and noble Messenger; it is not the word of a poet, nor is it the word of a soothsayer."

What's not to laugh about? That desperate narcissist of a "prophet" of yours was always swearing by this, that, and the other thing in creation that what he was saying was not only true and binding, but also under penalty of eternal torment for the crime/sin of rejection of his testimony, even if he was re-presenting FABLES of the ancients, like the Sleepers of Ephesus (See: http://quran.com/18 )
Don't be stupid like an ignorant fool, Buford.

You can understand the verse by reading this example:

For example, we can say that the Bible is not the true word of God, it is not even full of the words of the noble messenger, who was sent to his people and it is nothing but a hocus pocus and a mishmash of stories written by men, soothsayers and liars.

We cannot say that for Qur'aan because it was revealed and Muhammad recited out exactly as it was revealed.

No Toms, Dicks and Harries in Qur'aan.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Bryant wrote:
Jews are expecting the Messiah to come, the King of Israel. They do not believe Jesus is the Messiah.

Are you saying that the author of the Qur'an did not look at Jesus of Nazareth as being the Messiah, the one Jews are still awaiting?

12. I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the Messiah. How long it takes, I will await His coming every day.
No.

We have no place for a Messiah in Islam. We have not been foretold of a messiah. We have never been promised a messiah. We are neither Hebrews/Jews nor Christians.

We have the Prophet. Qur'aan tells us that Muhammad is the seal of the Prophets, which means there will be no more prophet after him.

Why do we need a messiah? What for?

The Jews can wait for their messiah and you can wait for yours. We have no problem with that.

We ain't waiting for one.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

I found the quote below or the words of a rabbi interesting.

" ..the answer of the Zionist leaders was negative, with the following comments:

a) ONLY Palestine would be considered as a destination for the deportees.

b) The European Jews must accede to suffering and DEATH greater in measure than the other nations, in ORDER that the victorious allies agree to a "Jewish State" at the end of the war.

c) No ransom will be paid"
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
A 2-in-1 question, Bryant

What good things did Jesus do as a messiah, besides the few miracles and did he sit on David's throne?
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: TheTorah by no means, belongs to group of people. TheTorah is the history of the whole world and everything happening here in IT. you, the jews, and everyone else have misinterpreted, everything and everyone taking place here in IT again.
and G-D says you are in now way, doing good deeds, charity, and mercy, and alleged fellow human beings, offered to other g-ds. and G-D has already judged you all, and given this to me to tell you all. if you are not worshiping TheG-D i know, it is called idolatry. you worship the g-ds, of other stories.
and G-D already told you THEY are TWO in ONE G-D, with YH-VH, El-Shaddaee, and Elo-Heem. and THEY gave this IMAGE to THE ONE Adam, Who is Both HE And She in One-Flesh. G-D has already told you, THEY have a male child son named adam your eternal grandfather. With THEM as MATCHMAKER, For Him. in this world that has always, rebelled against this.
there are about seven billion nobodies here in TheTorah again. just like the two last times, you all and your grandmother were all not here in IT. as you are just thrice again, all making the same old mental mistakes. and all you have to do, is to claim your heritage here in TheTorah with G-D WHO is giving IT all again.
Thanks Rabbee.
Each one to his own scripture.
What you quote relates to your religious upbringing.
Chinese cannot be forced to pronounce thetorah and nor can the japanese.
thetorah is in the hands of a few who promote their names, race and tribe and it shall remain that way.
Otherwise, why should G-d force 7billion humans to use the language of one rce or tribe?
I simply will NEVER accept that man looks like G-d or that man is in the physical image of G-d.
Let's worship G-d instead of worrying about names.
Thanks.
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Clueless Muslim,
Qur'an 69:38 "But nay! I swear that this is truly the word of an honored, illustrious, and noble Messenger; it is not the word of a poet, nor is it the word of a soothsayer."
What's not to laugh about? That desperate narcissist of a "prophet" of yours was always swearing by this, that, and the other thing in creation that what he was saying was not only true and binding, but also under penalty of eternal torment for the crime/sin of rejection of his testimony, even if he was re-presenting FABLES of the ancients, like the Sleepers of Ephesus (See: http://quran.com/18 )
hey moron.
Can you give the name of real person who is even 1000miles close to the Holy Prophet?

Encyclopedia Britannica:

(About Muhammad) "... a mass of detail in the early sources shows that he was an honest and upright man who had gained the respect and loyalty of others who were likewise honest and upright men."
[Vol. 12]
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus went to heaven in his glorified resurrected body.
Jesus lives eternally in the glorified body he was resurrected with.
That is the type of body we will also receive at the final last judgment.
You are ignorant of the teachings of Jesus.
lol...
Who saw Bj go to heaven?
Now comes the question....did this body have any clothes on?
Or was it the good old naked pagan again?
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are a dumb Muslim Alex.
You, like all Muslims live the pagan life of your pagan war lord Muhammad.
Close your eyes, Shamma...
Think of God.
Do you see a naked pagan on a pole showing his 6pack seductively?
Then you re worshipping SATAN.
Escape NOW.

Catholic confession...and sin:
Sinner: "Father I have sinned...blah...blah..."
Priest: "Do x y or z and you re forgiven".
Both Sinner and priest die eventually, confirming that both were simply sinners! No sin was forgiven...lol
Therefore, they are flogging a lie to the masses.
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Al_EX the Phallocentric,
Christians don't worship naked pagans.
Take your meds.
Buford the butteredbuttturdlciker...how are you today, low life?

"There is only One God.
Jesus is not God.
The Holy Spirit is not God."
Only ALLAH is God.(ie: The LORD GOD is the only God).

Satan has so blinded worshippers of naked pagans that, they are unaware that they are worshipping naked Pagans.

butteredbuttturdlicker..

Close your eyes,
Think of God.
Escape NOW.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that a slander?
Jesus had almost become a victim to Satan under Satan's cross examination. If God had not annulled Satan's suggestion "If you are the son of God........", Jesus would have said, "Oh, Yes! I am the son of God!"
There are many instances, where Satan prevailed over Jesus and Jesus made ridiculous and foolish statements. For his ridiculous statements under the influence of Satan, one has to read the gospels.
Satanic statements such as "Before Abraham was born, I am" and keeping quiet to Thomas' absurd remark, "My Lord. My God" plus dozens more.
David went after a man's wife. Who put that thought in? Was it God? It was Satan, who inspired David.
Satan definitely interfered with the past prophets. it was God, who annulled Satan's suggestion.
You must realize that after God Almighty, Satan is the 2nd most powerful entity.
Presumptuouss Fool of a Muslim,

Did Mohammad give any examples at all of Jesus uttering "satanic verses?" He gave NONE, but what do you do in defense of Mohammad's slander not just of past prophets but of God as well for being incompetent? You quote from John's Gospel, which you have already rejected as a forgery! Again, did David prophesy that Bathsheba was to be his, even though she was still married? No, he did not.

In short, you give idiots a bad name.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Buford the butteredbuttturdlciker...how are you today, low life?
"There is only One God.
Jesus is not God.
The Holy Spirit is not God."
Only ALLAH is God.(ie: The LORD GOD is the only God).
Satan has so blinded worshippers of naked pagans that, they are unaware that they are worshipping naked Pagans.
butteredbuttturdlicker..
Close your eyes,
Think of God.
Escape NOW.
Dick Head,

Christians don't worship "naked Pagans."
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hey moron.
Can you give the name of real person who is even 1000miles close to the Holy Prophet?
Encyclopedia Britannica:
(About Muhammad) "... a mass of detail in the early sources shows that he was an honest and upright man who had gained the respect and loyalty of others who were likewise honest and upright men."
[Vol. 12]
Textbook Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

BukhariV1B7N1331 "The Prophet said,'I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me. 1. Allah made me victorious by awe by His terrorizing my enemies. 2. The earth has been made for me. 3. Booty has been made lawful for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me. 4. I have been given the right of intercession. 5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.'"

Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"

Bukhari:V6B61N504 "Allah's Apostle said,'Every Prophet was given miracles because of which people believed, but what I have been given is Divine Inspiration which Allah has revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will outnumber the followers of the other Prophets.'"

Bukhari:V9B92N384 "Allah's Apostle said,'Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me will not enter it.'"

Qur'an 33:57 "Those who speak negatively of Allah and His Apostle shall be cursed."

Qur'an 4:114 "He who disobeys the Apostle after guidance has been revealed will burn in Hell."

And my all time favorite:

Tabari IX:8 "When the polytheists overwhelmed the Muslims, the Prophet got off his mount and started reciting verses in the rajaz meter:'I am the Prophet, it is no lie."
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Presumptuouss Fool of a Muslim,
Did Mohammad give any examples at all of Jesus uttering "satanic verses?" He gave NONE, but what do you do in defense of Mohammad's slander not just of past prophets but of God as well for being incompetent? You quote from John's Gospel, which you have already rejected as a forgery! Again, did David prophesy that Bathsheba was to be his, even though she was still married? No, he did not.
In short, you give idiots a bad name.
No, Muhammad did not but through your Bible, I did provide some examples of Jesus making Satanic statements.

Muhammad honoured Jesus.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
Who saw Bj go to heaven?
Now comes the question....did this body have any clothes on?
Or was it the good old naked pagan again?
I believe I can throw some light on this, bro.

1. Nobody saw him going into heaven.

2. Nobody saw him coming back alive.

3. No, he did not have any clothes on because he had left them neatly folded in the tomb.

That is why he stopped Mary by telling her not to touch him, not to hold him and not to cling to him for the simple reason that he was naked.

"John 20:17 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

17 Jesus saith to her,`Be not touching me, for I have not yet ascended unto my Father; and be going on to my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and to your God.'"

"John 20:17 Worldwide English (New Testament)(WE)

17 Jesus said to her,'Do not hold me, because I have not yet gone up to my Father. But go to my brothers and tell them that I am going up to my Father. He is your Father also. I am going up to my God. He is your God also.'

John 20:17 New Living Translation (NLT)

17 “Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said,“for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them,‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

El Cid wrote:
Qur'an 33:57 "Those who speak negatively of Allah and His Apostle shall be cursed."

Qur'an 4:114 "He who disobeys the Apostle after guidance has been revealed will burn in Hell."
And my all time favorite:
Thanks for quoting those great verses.

In the mean time, enjoy this:

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Can we have some golden verses from the mouth of Jesus on eternal damnation?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Rabbee.
Each one to his own scripture.
What you quote relates to your religious upbringing.
Chinese cannot be forced to pronounce thetorah and nor can the japanese.
thetorah is in the hands of a few who promote their names, race and tribe and it shall remain that way.
Otherwise, why should G-d force 7billion humans to use the language of one rce or tribe?
I simply will NEVER accept that man looks like G-d or that man is in the physical image of G-d.
Let's worship G-d instead of worrying about names.
Thanks.
rabbee: not the way it works, if you know what's good for you.

my upbringing, was secular atheism.

and i am sure that if the japanese can say tora tora tora, they could most likely say Torah, Torah, Torah.

and G-D never said that man (eesh), looks like G-D. but here is what it does say in TheTorah:"(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created Them.)"

so i am sure you all fail, TheG-D Look Alike and Act Alike contest. since only Benee Adam, falsely accused as jesus gets that assignment. in this world that is not too swift, with honor you Father and Mother. with everyone breaking, that commandment also.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I can throw some light on this, bro.
1. Nobody saw him going into heaven.
2. Nobody saw him coming back alive.
3. No, he did not have any clothes on because he had left them neatly folded in the tomb.
That is why he stopped Mary by telling her not to touch him, not to hold him and not to cling to him for the simple reason that he was naked.
"John 20:17 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
17 Jesus saith to her,`Be not touching me, for I have not yet ascended unto my Father; and be going on to my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and to your God.'"
"John 20:17 Worldwide English (New Testament)(WE)
17 Jesus said to her,'Do not hold me, because I have not yet gone up to my Father. But go to my brothers and tell them that I am going up to my Father. He is your Father also. I am going up to my God. He is your God also.'
John 20:17 New Living Translation (NLT)
17 “Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said,“for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them,‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Salaams
BMZ
rabbee: been there, done That. did not see muhammed, or any muslim, christian, or jew, in heaven either. you weren't, there to see this happen then either.

if a tree falls in the woods, and you weren't there to see it happen. then according to you, it never happened.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hey moron.
Encyclopedia Britannica:
[Vol. 12]
rabbee: adolph hitler, stalin, bismark, vladimir the impaler.

how many jews, romans, and others, did the alleged as jesus murder?

and the encyclopedia, does not tell the truth. the word encyclopedia or dictionary, does not mean truth. and you can find all kinds, of greek, roman, egyptian, g-ds also mentioned in them.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for quoting those great verses.
In the mean time, enjoy this:
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
Can we have some golden verses from the mouth of Jesus on eternal damnation?
rabbee: those who obey a false prophet, are in hell. ask your self one question, why is the arab spring been happening this way? unless it is your disobedience, to The-Real G-D, being manifest on earth at it is in hell.

sorry not buying that muslims are to TheG-D i know. any more than i accept, that jews or christians, or other secular atheist are true to TheG-D i know personally.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 176,361 - 176,380 of198,740
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••