Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#187038 Aug 28, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Define begotten.
Why should I define that dirty and ugly ARCHAIC word? Don't you know?

To me, it is an absurd word, that entered through the scripturally crude and poor language Greek.

This happened because foreigners wrote scriptures for the natives in a different language.

In Hebrew, it simply means God TOOK Jacob, David, Ephraim and Jesus as sons (figuratively) just as a man loves his sons.

And God TOOK Abraham as a friend. Abraham was not begotten as a friend.

Hope this helped a lot.
bmz

Location hidden

#187040 Aug 28, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>2 Corinthians 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
http://biblehub.com/2_corinthians/5-21.htm
And this God could not think of a better way. This too has nothing to do with Jesus. It is pagan talk.
bmz

Location hidden

#187041 Aug 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
What does your Allah god look like?
My God, the LORD Almighty definitely does not look like the three-headed Trinity Monster and also does not look like a pagan Roman Jesus.

No one knows how the LORD Almighty Allah looks like. Even Allah's obedient Slaves Moses, Jesus and Muhammad never described Allah.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187042 Aug 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Seeker
Your silence is one again unexplainable, How long should I wait? You are behaving like a horse, which is to be pushed and dragged every step towards the watering hole. What is your excuse?
Here is my third input on the topic under discussion
Third Prophesy: From the Book of Isaiah Chapter 54 Verses 1-17
“Rejoice O barren woman who has not given birth, sing and shout for joy, you who never had children, for more are the children of rejected woman than the children of married wife” says Yahweh.
“Enlarge the space of your tent, stretch out your hangings, lengthen your ropes and strengthen your stakes, for you will spread out to the right and to the left, your descendents will take possession of the nations and inhibit cities that have been abandoned”
“Do not be afraid, for you will not be deceived, do not be ashamed for you will not be disgraced, you will forget the shame of your youth; no longer will you remember the disgrace of your widowhood.”
“For a brief moment I have abandoned you, but with great tenderness I will gather my people….I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love I have had mercy on you says Yahweh your redeemer”…
“All your children will be taught by Yahweh and they will prosper greatly, justice will be your foundation, tyranny and fear will never come near you…if ever you are attacked , it will not be of my doing and your attacker will surely fall…..no weapon forged against you will succeed and all who speak against you will be silenced….says Yahweh”(Is. 54:1-17 (abridged).
Mr. Seeker,
Whom do you think this prophesy is all about?
Is it talking about "re-establishment" of postage stamp size country of Greater Isreal?
Is it predicting that "Jews will re-built" the city of Jerusalem and it would outshine its earlier glory and pomp and show (with those cursed Palestinians present there in droves and contesting every move of Jews and Zionists?)
No my dear brother, you are dead wrong
This is a very clear prophesy, spoken in the form of a parable and it refers to Arabs, the city of Makkah and children of Hagar in general.
1.“Barren one” refers to Makkah where no prophet came since Ishmael, whereas “the married one” refers to Jerusalem, where many prophets came.
2.“Your descendents will be more than the married one”…was proven both literally and figuratively. Arabs and Muslims soon overtook the Jews and splendor of Makkah got far above Jerusalem in every respect.
3.“You will be extended to the right and to the left”….the Kingdom of Arabs spread to all around Makkah very fast after the advent of prophet Mohammad (peace be on him). They took possession of old cities and laid the foundation of new cities.
4. Muslim rulers have always took utmost care to add to the splendor of Makkah Mosque and its up keeping. There is no other religious place on the face of this earth, which is so frequented by people from all over the world as much as Makkah.
5. Justice is the hall mark of Islam and in Makkah it is seen in reality.
6.“No weapon will work against you..” This shows that Makkah will always be protected from foreign attackers. This is a feat which no other city has witnessed for such a long period..
The case of ABRAHA from Yemen, who wanted to demolish Kaaba is well recorded in Islamic history. He failed miserably and so have been many attempts by people having designs against Makkah and Arab in general..
7. Then God says that he will never be angry again….that shows that Islam shall be the religion of God till the end of time and splendor of Makkah and Islam shall always be on rise.
See the clear wordings of these prophesies and see their actual fulfillment and then look again at those “jesus prophesies” and now they are “Cut and sliced” to fit his personality from here and there.
MUQ, you left out this verse:
For your Maker is your husband—
the Lord Almighty is his name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.

Not Makkah!
bmz

Location hidden

#187043 Aug 28, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Qur'an calls Jesus THE Messiah. Do you believe your Qur'an or do you believe your nonsense?
Qur'aan does not call him THE Messiah. Since his name sprang up as messiah, Qur'aan referred to him as a messiah Jesus of the episode.

In other words, it would go like this:

This messiah of yours was nothing but a man, the son of Maryam.

Or this messiah that you talk about was the messenger of God and was sent to Israel.

Actually, Qur'aan calls him a messenger (Rasool) of the LORD Almighty Allah.
bmz

Location hidden

#187044 Aug 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>he words only begotten Son of God applies to The Spirit of Jesus who co-existed in Spirit substance of God before the world existed.
John 17:4-5
English Standard Version (ESV)
Jesus said:
4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.
At the incarnation of Jesus His pr-existing spirit took on flesh from the Blessed Virgin Mary by the power of God.
‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; pertaining to a miracle God will perform on the Spirit of Jesus by uniting the nature of God with human flesh within the womb of Mary the Virgin.
There was no sexual relations between God and Mary, Jesus Spirit pr-existed before the world existed.
Luke 1:26-35
And the angel said to her,‘Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end.’ And Mary said to the angel,‘How shall this be, since I have no husband?’ And the angel said to her,‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.’" Luke 1:26-35
Jesus is called the Son of God because His Spirit was united with human flesh from Mary the Virgin by the power of God.
Was it necessary to post this crap so many times?

God has a very large pool or stock pile of souls or spirits. Every zygote is awarded a soul or spirit.

So, Jesus' zygote received a soul from God and the foetus grew into baby Jesus.

We don't need Luke. God commanded that Mary conceives and Mary became pregnant. WE don't have to dramatize her conception because for God can create anything.
bmz

Location hidden

#187045 Aug 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Jesus said:

"I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed."
Papa replied, "What have you accomplished?

And then Papa added: My glory, I give to no one.

Does Isaiah 45 ring a loud deafening bell?

Location hidden

#187046 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, the LORD Almighty definitely does not look like the three-headed Trinity Monster and also does not look like a pagan Roman Jesus.
No one knows how the LORD Almighty Allah looks like. Even Allah's obedient Slaves Moses, Jesus and Muhammad never described Allah.
The One true God is a reflection of the unique concept that Islam associates with God. To a Muslim, Allah is the Almighty Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is similar to nothing, and nothing is comparable to Him.

Definition of NOTHING
1 : not any thing : no thing <leaves nothing to the imagination>
2 : no part
3 : one of no interest, value, or consequence <they mean nothing to me>

Allah god defined by Muslims does not exist!

That is my point the god Muslim call Allah does not exist.

Muslims pray to a non-existing God!

Muhammad fabricated a non-existing god into being the one true god of his religion of Islam

And Muhammad made himself prophet of a god that does not exist!

Muslims are INSANE!

: by no means : definitely no

— nothing for it

: no alternative <nothing for it but to start over>

See nothing defined for English-language learners »

See nothing defined for kids »

Examples of NOTHING

There's nothing in my hands.
She knows nothing of our plans.
You have nothing to worry about.
There's nothing fun to do around here.
You think that's bad? It's nothing compared to what I went through.
Don't get all upset over nothing.
Your opinion means nothing to me.
“Are you hurt?”“Don't worry. It's nothing.”

Origin of NOTHING

Middle English, from Old English n&#257;n thing, n&#257;thing, from n&#257;n no + thing thing — more at none
First Known Use: before 12th century
bmz

Location hidden

#187047 Aug 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes that is true!
Muslims go directly to hell.
They reject Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Muslims die in their sins.
Jesus said:
John 8:24
King James Version.
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Jesus never declared that he was the Savior.

I, therefore tell you that since you lie too much, you will die in your sins. Therefore, you will go to hell.

Location hidden

#187048 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never declared that he was the Savior.
I, therefore tell you that since you lie too much, you will die in your sins. Therefore, you will go to hell.
John 20:28,29
After he saw proof of Jesus' resurrection, Thomas addressed Jesus as "my Lord and my God." So, Thomas here called Jesus "God."

If Jesus did not possess Deity, Thomas' statement would have been blasphemy, and Jesus should have rebuked Him. Instead, Jesus praised Thomas and pronounced a blessing on everyone who believes the same (v29)! Then John proceeded to claim that His record of Jesus' miracles gives us all reason to believe in Him (vv 30,31).

You don't believe in Jesus words because you worship the Muslim Allah a non-existing God.

The One true God is a reflection of the unique concept that Islam associates with God. To a Muslim, Allah is the Almighty Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is similar to nothing, and nothing is comparable to Him.

Definition of NOTHING
1 : not any thing : no thing <leaves nothing to the imagination>
2 : no part
3 : one of no interest, value, or consequence <they mean nothing to me>
Allah god defined by Muslims does not exist!

That is my point the god Muslim call Allah does not exist.

Muslims pray to a non-existing God!

Muhammad fabricated a non-existing god into being the one true god of his religion of Islam
And Muhammad made himself prophet of a god that does not exist!

Muslims are INSANE!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187049 Aug 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Our prophet NEVER called Jesus liar.
2. He might have contradicted some of the Gospel Writers but not Jesus. They are not the same things. Gospel writers have done many mistakes and there are plenty of contradictions in their writings, so no one should be Dogmatic about what is written in these Gospels.
3. Our prophet got his info from revelation which is TIMELESS. Knowledge of God is perfect in all ages, so it does not matter if our prophet came 600 years after Jesus. Does not Moses wrote about Adam, Noah, and Abraham … who passed away many centuries before him. How come his writings are "authentic and binding"?
You are not aware of our prophet's life history, otherwise you would not have used these words.
4. And I am sure you have never ruled any country, never commanded any army and never tried to maintain law and order in any country.
The persons who do not do ANYTHING are the best people on the earth and free from every defect and criticism!!
But earth does not run because of such people, but by those who DO.
5. Our prophet was not a dreamer or a mere preacher, he was to change the land of Arabia from Paganism and Idol worshippers to Pure Monotheism.
He was to show Jews their true place as rebellious people and he was to show Christians their error in equating Jesus with God.
He did all these jobs in mere 23 years and left more than 125,000 dedicated followers, who took up the job after him.
6. The MOST successful of all religious personalities, says Encyclopedia Britannica!!
That was judgment for those who knew and studied his life.
Uncouth people like you and Shamma and your gang members use uncouth and gutter language, because they are ignorant.
May Allah shower His choicest Blessings and Mercy on to the Noblest Soul that ever lived on this earth, His Chosen Prophet and Messenger, Prophet Mohammad.
Amen.
Your "prophet" never called his invented "Jesus" a liar, but his invented "Jesus" preached a sermon from his cradle, which should have been recorded in Luke's Gospel, IF it happened at all, which I sincerely doubt. As for Moses, the scholarly consensus is that he probably didn't actually live, but is rather a composite figure embellished by myth.

Your "prophet" claimed that he got his info "from revelation." Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormons, made the same unproven claim, for just like your "prophet's claim that he got it all from "Jibreel," no one else saw or heard Smith's angel "Moroni." At last count, there were 14 million Mormons worldwide. See: http://www.allaboutmormons.com/number_of_morm...

You don't like the words that I use to describe your "prophet's" savage behavior that today would be prosecuted as criminal, but my sources are MUSLIM -the Qur'an, Bukhari, Muslim, Tabari, Ibn Ishaq- and THEY have persuaded me that your "prophet" was in truth a thin-skinned narcissist and sadistic murderer of captives who permitted rape, and enslaved the survivors of his conquests in order to hand them out as "booty" to his cutthroat soldiers, while keeping the best portions for himself because he was MOST WORTHY. You EXCUSE all of this criminal misconduct on the part of your "prophet" because the end - eliminating idolatry and paganism- justifies the means, no matter how brutal. I don't.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#187050 Aug 29, 2013
Maryam wrote:
^ actually in John 3:16 the word "begotten" is taken out of many modern translations. Issac was never the only begotten son of Abraham (peace be upon them) as Ishmael (pbuh) was born first and outlived Abraham:
"The most widely translated sentence on earth is said to be Jesus' statement of John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son..." While Christians wish to say that the word "only-begotten" gives Jesus special status among all the "sons of God", again there is a problem if ambiguity. The same word translated as "only-begotten" is found at Hebrews 11:17. In this verse the word refers to Isaac. The Bible itself shows that Isaac's older brother Ishmael outlived his father (Genesis 25:9). Therefore, at no time was Isaac, strictly speaking, the only-begotten son of Abraham. Recognizing this, Christian scholars qualify the meaning of the word in this case and give it a less than literal interpretation. But if the meaning is subject to interpretation here, why not also in the passage of John 3:16? Once more the possibility of ambiguity means that John 3:16 is inconclusive evidence."
The word was not taken out as you suggest. The word is monogenes (Greek) and it is in the Greek manuscripts. The translation of monogenes is rendered "only begotten" in some translations. Monogenese is better translated as "one and only" or "unique" or "only."

Of course, Abraham had another son, but Isaac was the only son of Abraham and Sarah, the son of promise, the son God promised Abraham and Sarah even though she was barren.

This comment from the NET Bible might help you and the source of your post:

Although this word is often translated “only begotten,” such a translation is misleading, since in English it appears to express a metaphysical relationship. The word in Greek was used of an only child (a son [Luke 7:12, 9:38] or a daughter [Luke 8:42]). It was also used of something unique (only one of its kind) such as the mythological Phoenix (1 Clement 25:2). From here it passes easily to a description of Isaac (Heb 11:17 and Josephus, Ant. 1.13.1 [1.222]) who was not Abraham’s only son, but was one-of-a-kind because he was the child of the promise. Thus the word means “one-of-a-kind” and is reserved for Jesus in the Johannine literature of the NT. While all Christians are children of God (&#964;&#941;&#954 ;&#957;&#945; &#952;&#949;&#959; &#8166;, tekna qeou), Jesus is God’s Son in a unique, one-of-a-kind sense. The word is used in this way in all its uses in the Gospel of John (1:14, 1:18, 3:16, and 3:18).
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#187051 Aug 29, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "prophet" never called his invented "Jesus" a liar, but his invented "Jesus" preached a sermon from his cradle, which should have been recorded in Luke's Gospel, IF it happened at all, which ..
If Luke did not record something, do you mean to say it should always be hidden from view?

Was Luke an eye witness of the event?

There are so many things that these Gospel writers have left out.

And there are so many mistakes and contradictions in their writings, should no one correct them?

What you say about Two different genealogies of Jesus, one recorded by Matthew and another by Jesus?

Did Holy Ghost dictated two different ones?
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#187052 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bryant is trying to wriggle out. You are not supposed to wriggle behind him.
I never said what you said, that is, "You said that Jesus never said My Father" and this lie is not appreciated.
I said, "Jesus never called God 'his father'", so how can Bryant and you keep lying like a true Christian polemicist?
How come you don't know how to read an understand your own gospel.
This is what he said:
"Jesus said,“Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father.
Go instead to my brothers and tell them,‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’
In the first line he clearly said 'the Father'.
In the second line, he said, "‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
He did not say, "I am ascending to my father."
Even a 3rd Grader can easily understand that it was everybody's Father.
Why do we need him to say,'our Father' as suggested by Bryant and you?
You can't put any spin on this.
THE POINT IS THAT GOD WAS NOT JESUS' father.
I am not trying to wriggle out of anything, BMZ.

I'm sorry you do not understand.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#187053 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
God is Spirit and can't be seen, but we know what He is like by what He said and what He did.

The Creator is triune -- He creates by His Word and sends His Spirit.

If your Allah is not triune, then you are not worshiping the Creator, the One True God.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#187054 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
God is Spirit and cannot be seen. We know what He is like by what He said and what He has done.

The Creator is triune in nature, so if you are not worshipping Him, then you are not worshipping the Creator, the One True God.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#187055 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'aan does not call him THE Messiah. Since his name sprang up as messiah, Qur'aan referred to him as a messiah Jesus of the episode.
In other words, it would go like this:
This messiah of yours was nothing but a man, the son of Maryam.
Or this messiah that you talk about was the messenger of God and was sent to Israel.
Actually, Qur'aan calls him a messenger (Rasool) of the LORD Almighty Allah.
Translate this word:(4:157:4)
l-mas&#299;&#7717;a
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#187056 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Papa replied, "What have you accomplished?
And then Papa added: My glory, I give to no one.
Does Isaiah 45 ring a loud deafening bell?
Isaiah 45 poses no problem for a Trinitarian. There is only one God.
bmz

Location hidden

#187057 Aug 29, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Translate this word:(4:157:4)
l-mas&#299;&#7717;a
What is this word isl-mas&#299;&#7717;a?
bmz

Location hidden

#187058 Aug 29, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 45 poses no problem for a Trinitarian. There is only one God.
Isaiah 45 DOES NOT say anything ridiculous like the Trinitarians say.

For example, Isaiah does not say that God exists as three persons.

Forget Isaiah. Even Jesus did not say that God exists as three persons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Dec 3 Nope 17
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Oct '17 Kim 21
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) Oct '17 Scarlet Hernandez 7
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Oct '17 RationalChick 11
News Out of the Broom Closet: DC Witches in Their Ow... Oct '17 Hajinon 1
News Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... (Aug '14) Oct '17 GiveUpUDummies 8
Loner wiccan Oct '17 birdy 2
More from around the web