Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256402 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#186726 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that? What is your methodology for accepting verses right next to it and rejecting that one? And we both know what faulty, subjective, self serving methodology you use. But you don't even understand the terms subjective and objective.
<quoted text>
It meant, don't slap them back you stupid moron. And it really meant, on a deeper level, to stop taking revenge over every little thing like the culture of his time was doing, and what Muhammad came along later and even reinforced. Dummy.
<quoted text>
Right, so says Muhammad.
<quoted text>
You don't even understand a single word he was really saying, and neither did your stupid prophet, and he is responsible for Muslims being so stupid. It takes depth of thought to understand Jesus, and Muslims don't have any.
<quoted text>
I can't find one single translator that says that, You are making up stupid lies once again. You add things to verses of the Quran that simply are not there. Don't you have any shame at all?
http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/2/216/defa...
<quoted text>
Sure, don't fight near the mosque unless they attack you there. That means that Muslims were attacking them in their own lands. Offensive warfare. Dummy.
<quoted text>
Sure, if they become Muslims, they're all set and don't have to fear for their lives.
<quoted text>
And you lie again, you filthy liar. All of the translations say until the religion of Allah PREVAILS everywhere, and you leave that part out.
http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/2/193/defa...
<quoted text>
Sure, if they become Muslim, they are safe.
<quoted text>
Yes, everybody knows that one gains war booty and female sex slaves while they are innocently defending their own territory and never invading someone else's territory. LOL!!! Stinking liar.
Here is what I wrote:

Note that Jesus did not turn the other cheek, when he was slapped. Instead, he asked,'Why did you strike me?" That does not fall under diamonds from Jesus.

It was not Muhammad. It was the Qur'aan that instructed Muhammad not to pray for the dead disbeliever.

This instruction tallies with what Jesus said, "Let the dead bury the dead! Follow me!" However, in this case, Jesus should not have stopped the man from attending his father's funeral as that man was not a disbeliever.

Also, the Dad does not agree with the son. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, still stands.

I don't think it was said anywhere by people or Scripture to love their neighbour and hate their enemy. Such verses were made up.

You can easily understand the context of 2:216 after reading the following:

"2:190 Fight, in the way of Allah, against those who wage war upon you, but do not commit aggression by attacking first. Allah does not like aggressors, 2:191 and slay them wherever you come upon them, drive them away from wherever they drove you away. Oppression is worse than slaughter. But do not fight in the vicinity of the Sacred House of Worship unless they attack you there first, but if they fight against you, you may slay them. This shall be the just retribution, such disbelievers deserve. 2:192 But if they desist, then Allah is much-forgiving and the Most Merciful.

2:193 Fight until there is no more oppression, and worship of Allah is established. If the oppressors desist, then there shall be no more hostility, except against oppressors, if any.

2:194 The Sacred months should be kept sacred but you are allowed to retaliate during the sacred months, only if you are attacked. If anyone commits aggression against you, then retaliate likewise and remain conscious of Allah. Know that Allah is with those who are conscious of Him."

So, the ones with no backbones, wanted to stay safe and sit at home, while the others fought the enemy, who was attacking.

I do not appreciate Bulverism, illogical replies and Tu Quoque. Your posts are full of these. I want a reply of substance.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186727 Aug 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Polemic Christians do have this bad habit of accusing a non-Muslim of being a Muslim, when a particular non-Muslim talks sense.
If Christianity had been based on sense, then one could have expected the Christians to talk sense but that is not the case.
They try to show deeper meanings in absurd and incoherent passages of the New Testament. Just yesterday, I showed how absurd was the Parable of Gold and they talk about talent, etc.
Don't care, Rabbee.
rabbee: why is it that those who, are closest to committing or have committed blasphemy against THE HOLY SPIRIT, call themselves as christian? i am willing to talk to alleged as jews, christians, muslems, all the way to atheists. as long as they don't do that, but self alleged as christians seem to have a really bad habit in this regard.

i am already backing away from shamma, getting close to this. cause i do not want to see, any one else being that dumb. and they claim! that muslems and jews are stupid. and they cannot see, the danger they are to themselves and others.

i mean you can see, in scripture where one person screws up, and costs 70,000 people their lives. or one family screws up, and 5,000 people bite the dust. and they don't even think, this is that serious. as you got to wonder, how many inappropriate deaths are they responsible for.

i know people can't comprehend, why i only trust The-Scripture G-D gave to Moshe, not once but twice. got to wonder what was written, on The First Set of Tablets. is The Second Set radically different, cause they screwed up with the gilded calf? and The First Set, had the entrance into GanEden Written all over IT.

sure the alleged as jews, have constantly screwed this all up. but i do not buy, that any other group has done any better here in TheTorah either. if i had of know than Avraham, already had tried to bargain with G-D for sodam and gomorrah. i most likely would not of even of tried, to bargain with G-D for this whole world. since G-D already knew, when THEY sent me on a 41 year take a hike. i was not going to find, anyone true in this world. how pathetic and pitiful i must of been, thinking i could find lots of people true. truly lying does not make, any one really true.
bmz

Location hidden

#186728 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't think you get it. These people are completely brain dead and brainwashed and hypnotized. You're not going to actually reason with them. You can get rid of that false expectation.
lol!

How nice it would have been if you had written this to Bryant:

"I still don't think you get it. We are completely brain dead and brainwashed and hypnotized. We are always unable to offer good and valid reasons in our defense of Christianity.

You can get rid of that false expectation. We will never be able to convince, no matter how hard we try with our incoherent and illogical answers."

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#186729 Aug 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I had written this:
There is no such thing as the Son of God in the Tanakh. How did you guys manage to create this Son of God?
There were many anointed ones before Jesus and I would like to name a few:
Moses Christ, Saul Christ, Samuel Christ and David Christ.
There is no problem in calling Jesus Lord. People used to call Abraham and Moses, Lord too. As long as you don't call Jesus, LORD. That would be a huge blasphemy."
So, the onus is on you to show me "the Son of God" written in the Tanakh, NOT the Christians' Old Testament.( S of Son and G of God in caps or bold letters)
The translation of Psalm 2:7 that you quoted above, is fraudulent. The correct translation is:
"I will tell of the decree: the LORD said unto me:'Thou art My son, this day have I begotten thee."
The LORD did not begat David as a son. David was not born a 40-years-old baby.
This day I have begotten thee MEANS, "today you are like a son to me" OR "toady I have taken you like a son". This in turn means God loved David, as a man loves his son.
Muhammad knew nothing of what God taught in the Bible!

The term “sons of God” is used consistently for the angels in their unfallen estate, they are Gods sons because they were directly created by him. When the title sons of God is used such as in the passages of Gen. 6, Job 1:6, 2:1, 38:7 it is exclusively used of angels who have access to God's throne.

In the New Testament Sons of God refer to God adopting those who are reborn again spiritually by baptism in to Christ.

The Jews are called Sons of God by virtue of God adopting the Jews under the Covenant God made them.

In the Old Testament, "son of God" is a title given to the angels, the Chosen People, the children of Israel, and their kings.
It signifies an adoptive sonship that establishes a relationship of particular intimacy between God and his creature. When the promised Messiah-King is called "son of God", it does not necessarily imply that he was more than human, according to the literal meaning of these texts. Those who called Jesus "son of God", as the Messiah of Israel, perhaps meant nothing more than this.

Such is not the case for Simon Peter when he confesses Jesus as "the Christ, the Son of the living God", for Jesus responds solemnly: "Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.

"Similarly Paul will write, regarding his conversion on the road to Damascus, "When he who had set me apart before I was born, and had called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles...
"And in the synagogues immediately [Paul] proclaimed Jesus, saying, He is the Son of God.

"From the beginning this acknowledgment of Christ's divine sonship will be the center of the apostolic faith, first professed by Peter as the Church's foundation.

Peter could recognize the transcendent character of the Messiah's divine sonship because Jesus had clearly allowed it to be so understood.

To his accusers' question before the Sanhedrin, "Are you the Son of God, then?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am.

"Well before this, Jesus referred to himself as "the Son" who knows the Father, as distinct from the "servants" God had earlier sent to his people; he is superior even to the angels.

Jesus distinguished his sonship from that of his disciples by never saying "our Father", except to command them: "You, then, pray like this:'Our Father'", and he emphasized this distinction, saying "my Father and your Father".
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186730 Aug 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant, Rabbee!
Perhaps a laser beam may help.
rabbee: well that reminds me, of a story i used to tell. when i got a job, at a scientific government lab. and people asked me, how i got the job. i would tell them, i saw their add for a laser technician, and i thought it said lazy technician because it was a government job.

yeah i know it is hard to see me, in charge of a ten + joule laser. that could over-cook, a whole chicken in 50 microseconds. but unfortunate for them, i had both the technical and scientific expertise to do a lot more more than what they wanted done. and can only thank G-D, that curiosity could not kill this cat with exploding chickens.
bmz

Location hidden

#186731 Aug 25, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: why is it that those who, are closest to committing or have committed blasphemy against THE HOLY SPIRIT, call themselves as christian? i am willing to talk to alleged as jews, christians, muslems, all the way to atheists. as long as they don't do that, but self alleged as christians seem to have a really bad habit in this regard.

i am already backing away from shamma, getting close to this. cause i do not want to see, any one else being that dumb. and they claim! that muslems and jews are stupid. and they cannot see, the danger they are to themselves and others.

i mean you can see, in scripture where one person screws up, and costs 70,000 people their lives.

or one family screws up, and 5,000 people bite the dust. and they don't even think, this is that serious. as you got to wonder, how many inappropriate deaths are they responsible for.

i know people can't comprehend, why i only trust The-Scripture G-D gave to Moshe, not once but twice. got to wonder what was written, on The First Set of Tablets. is The Second Set radically different, cause they screwed up with the gilded calf? and The First Set, had the entrance into GanEden Written all over IT.

sure the alleged as jews, have constantly screwed this all up. but i do not buy, that any other group has done any better here in TheTorah either.

if i had of know than Avraham, already had tried to bargain with G-D for sodam and gomorrah. i most likely would not of even of tried, to bargain with G-D for this whole world. since G-D already knew, when THEY sent me on a 41 year take a hike. i was not going to find, anyone true in this world. how pathetic and pitiful i must of been, thinking i could find lots of people true. truly lying does not make, any one really true.
Another brilliant and a touching post, Rabbee. Thanks for a good assessment.

You always show your love for G-d, the world and humanity. That is your ticket back to GanEden.
bmz

Location hidden

#186732 Aug 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
The term “sons of God” is used consistently for the angels in their unfallen estate, they are Gods sons because they were directly created by him. When the title sons of God is used such as in the passages of Gen. 6, Job 1:6, 2:1, 38:7 it is exclusively used of angels who have access to God's throne.
In the New Testament Sons of God refer to God adopting those who are reborn again spiritually by baptism in to Christ.
The Jews are called Sons of God by virtue of God adopting the Jews under the Covenant God made them.
In the Old Testament, "son of God" is a title given to the angels, the Chosen People, the children of Israel, and their kings.
It signifies an adoptive sonship that establishes a relationship of particular intimacy between God and his creature. When the promised Messiah-King is called "son of God", it does not necessarily imply that he was more than human, according to the literal meaning of these texts. Those who called Jesus "son of God", as the Messiah of Israel, perhaps meant nothing more than this.
Such is not the case for Simon Peter when he confesses Jesus as "the Christ, the Son of the living God", for Jesus responds solemnly: "Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
"Similarly Paul will write, regarding his conversion on the road to Damascus, "When he who had set me apart before I was born, and had called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles...
"And in the synagogues immediately [Paul] proclaimed Jesus, saying, He is the Son of God.
"From the beginning this acknowledgment of Christ's divine sonship will be the center of the apostolic faith, first professed by Peter as the Church's foundation.
Peter could recognize the transcendent character of the Messiah's divine sonship because Jesus had clearly allowed it to be so understood.
To his accusers' question before the Sanhedrin, "Are you the Son of God, then?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am.
"Well before this, Jesus referred to himself as "the Son" who knows the Father, as distinct from the "servants" God had earlier sent to his people; he is superior even to the angels.
Jesus distinguished his sonship from that of his disciples by never saying "our Father", except to command them: "You, then, pray like this:'Our Father'", and he emphasized this distinction, saying "my Father and your Father".
Please spare me all the nonsense and just show me Son of God written in the Tanakh, exactly as I wrote.

That is all I want.

Do not show me through the NT and the OT.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#186733 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
If somebody returns for a second time, what do you think is going to happen? Is that person going to be seen as an average Joe?
…

Fine. What a pain in the arss you are.

Isaiah 42

“Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;

In John it says this is my Son who I am well pleased with.

I will put my Spirit on him,
and he will bring justice to the nations.

Jesus talked about having the Holy Spirit within him and sending it after he was gone. Muhammad talked about Gabriel, and that's all.

2 He will not shout or cry out,
or raise his voice in the streets.

Is that Muhammad?

3 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.

No, Muhammad didn't break any reeds, he merely had people killed, assassinated, beheaded and enslaved.

Reeds were used by shepherds as a musical instrument to call out to their sheep.

In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;

I don't see much justice in the world currently. Do you?

4 he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.

Muhammad thought of suicide at some points and he did NOT bring justice to the earth he brought war and in fact was poisoned and died prematurely and not by his own will and there is no mention of him ever returning.

There was no mention of any covenant with Muhammad, it was Jesus that was said to have brought the New Covenant, and Christianity spread to the gentiles long before Muhammad came on the scene...

Now maybe this isn't even speaking about Jesus, but it sure isn't speaking about Muhammad.
Ans.

First of all My dear Brother I want to thank you for you to come back and resume our discussion!!

And once again you are using Non Standard ways of analyzing prophesies.

We had agreed that best approach would be to first list all of the qualities mentioned in any prophesy and then find out which is the best suited person for that prophesy.

And using that approach I showed that each and every word of that prophesy (Isaiah 42: 1-7) fits our prophet.

I will give my comments on your point by point observation:

01. MY SERVANT:

Why did you use John as evidence which says my SON?

Is servant and son same thing?

You people are confused about status of Jesus; some times you equate him with God, some time you make him co-equal and co-eternal with God.

And then, when it suits you, you make him "inferior to God and His slave and servant"….how can any one be both at the same time?

02. I will put my spirit and he will bring justice to the world?

This is not talking about the "Holy Spirit" which is part of Christian Trinity.

That concept is not mentioned in any of the OT books and we are discussing about Isaiah and not NT books.

The sprit which is mentioned in Isaiah is what Jews knew and it is the angel which brings God's revelation to all of His prophets.

Then what about bringing justice to the world? You have conveniently forgot all about it!!

Or shall we wait till Jesus' second coming to see the fulfillment of this Prophesy?

03. Breaking Reeds;

Your biased and subjective opinion is not worth discussing. We have evidences from thousands of his companion who testified what a pleasing and gentle personality our prophet had.

Punishing criminals and fighting in the cause of God, does not prove that the prophet was not gentle.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#186734 Aug 25, 2013
Contd.

04. He shall not falter till he brings justice into the world.

Our prophet did not leave his mission untill the whole land of Arabia was transformed,

All idol worship and every kind of false worship was removed from the land.

Jews were "punished" for their rejection of Jesus and Christians were admonished for their zeal and equating status of Jesus with God his creator.

And that was much more than what jesus achieved "when he was arrested and put down as any petty criminal"

So by any reasonable way of analysis, this prophesy fits much more easily on our prophet than on Jesus.

05. Quran as a Miracle:

What matters if prophet called is a miracle, it is still present in the world and there are millions of Arabic speaking Jews and Christians in the world.

There are hundreds of Bible translations in Arabic dialect, any one can compare it with Quran and find out what is what.

And it is not only the literary side of Quran that is miracle, but it is the content of Quran.

How come a man who did not know how to read or how to write and had no human teacher could bring out such a book that no one can match.

Your criticism of Quran does not has any value, because you are not even fit to comment on it.

Conclusion:

So you think this prophesy is not about Jesus? I must congratulate you on this!!

But you are wrong that it is not about our prophet.

Our prophet satisfies more characteristics mentioned in that prophesy than Jesus!!

The way you "hogged" That Emmanuel prophesy shows that you look for even the lightest bit of similarity and then jump and try to paste that prophesy on Jesus.

We Muslims have much more balanced way to look and analyze these prophesies.

We just do not add quantities, we look at the quality.

So shall we move on to my next example, let "unbiased and open minded people on this thread decide that who satisfies more criterion laid down in Isaiah Ch 42:1-7, Jesus or Prophet Mohammad, peace be on both messengers of God.

bmz

Location hidden

#186735 Aug 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
There you go and lie again!

Now, show me where can I find Sons of God written in the Tanakh, not the NT and the OT!

If you want to say that the Jews are called Sons of God, then Jesus was not the only Son of God.

What is this funny obsession with S and G in caps?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#186736 Aug 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

That is very correct!!

That is what we also say that he did not know how to read and how to write, and he never studied any Biblical book thru out his life.

His knowledge was from what he received as revelation from Archangel Gabriel.

And that he was able to "Pin point" the problems of Jews and Christians and suggest cure, is the real amazing part of it.

To Jews he said "Do not hide truth and mix truth with falsehood,,,"

To Christians he said "Do not go our of bound in your religion and do not say about God except what is truth"

I doubt if any one but those who had real knowledge of defect in Judaism and Christianity could have made those remarks.

And here in lies the genius of our prophet, an unlettered man, who put to shame all those scholars and false teachers and false doctrine.

How could he do it, if his brain was cluttered with Jewish and Christian theology?

A new and fresh mind to look at the problems of humanity and guide them to the simple and straight path, free from dogmas.

That is our prophet!!

Location hidden

#186737 Aug 25, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
sure adam and his mate, have worldly given names. but G-D never calls them, by their worldly given names. you can't even explain, how they always end up returned here in america. because G-D removed, Adam from the garden after THEIR(BOTH) crucifixion.
morons had no idea, they were killing both their grandmother and grandfather in one body of flesh. and even the hypocrites called themselves, experts in TheTorah. and can't even recognize, TheTorah for being here in IT.
You are talking to your self rabbee!
That is a sign you may have mental problems.

You didn't address my post!
You are bull-craping rabbee!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186738 Aug 25, 2013
geez i would of never of guessed, that eevreet is an unknown language to man. or that adam and his mate, spoke the unknown language called english.

whoopee! when some one is trying to learn you something gnostically new every day. never knowing where they are really at, in the rejecting the story they are really in.

Location hidden

#186739 Aug 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, show me where can I find Sons of God written in the Tanakh, not the NT and the OT!
If you want to say that the Jews are called Sons of God, then Jesus was not the only Son of God.
I just showed you Muslim!
Read my post!

The Hebrew word for sons of God is Bene elohim. This term for angels occurs four times in the Old Testament.

Find them yourself you Dumb Muslim Scholar!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186740 Aug 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well beyond Noach, Avraham, Yeetzak, Yaachov, Yoseph and Moshe. i do not think that G-D, is that wild enough to call the rest of them as sons.

when i am astonished, that even after i have screwed up. G-D still calls me, THEIR Only Begotten His Son adam. as the claims G-D, made that sounded so absurd and outrageous, no longer sound that absurd and outrageous now.

Location hidden

#186741 Aug 25, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
geez i would of never of guessed, that eevreet is an unknown language to man. or that adam and his mate, spoke the unknown language called english.
whoopee! when some one is trying to learn you something gnostically new every day. never knowing where they are really at, in the rejecting the story they are really in.
You didn't know that rabbee!
When God inspires some one rabbee, God relates to them in their own native language.

What language is "Choah" from?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186742 Aug 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another brilliant and a touching post, Rabbee. Thanks for a good assessment.
You always show your love for G-d, the world and humanity. That is your ticket back to GanEden.
rabbee: yeah if only my mental free will, would keep me from interfering with that.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186743 Aug 25, 2013
will somebody please tell, shamma that i am not talking to him for his own good? when i consider even one person committing blasphemy against The Holy Spirit is one too much. and i do not desire to see, any repeat performance of that.

Location hidden

#186744 Aug 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is very correct!!
That is what we also say that he did not know how to read and how to write, and he never studied any Biblical book thru out his life.
His knowledge was from what he received as revelation from Archangel Gabriel.
And that he was able to "Pin point" the problems of Jews and Christians and suggest cure, is the real amazing part of it.
To Jews he said "Do not hide truth and mix truth with falsehood,,,"
To Christians he said "Do not go our of bound in your religion and do not say about God except what is truth"
I doubt if any one but those who had real knowledge of defect in Judaism and Christianity could have made those remarks.
And here in lies the genius of our prophet, an unlettered man, who put to shame all those scholars and false teachers and false doctrine.
How could he do it, if his brain was cluttered with Jewish and Christian theology?
A new and fresh mind to look at the problems of humanity and guide them to the simple and straight path, free from dogmas.
That is our prophet!!
Muhammad being illiterate explains why Muhammad submitted to the devil instead of to God!

Muslim follow a pagan man named Muhammad, a caster of jinn devil spells.

Muslims fellow the pagan man Muhammad who claimed he was choked 3 times by a jinn devil he was invoking in the cave where he invokes jinn devils to cast spells on other people.

The jinn devil choked Muhammad into submission to worship the devil.

Occultism! The great religion of Muslims.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohamm
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186745 Aug 25, 2013
gees i hate it, when some one so vain. they think this story is about them, instead of The G-D WHO is giving IT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Apr 5 helpful links 22
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Mar '18 Apittman010 480
I'm searching for answers Feb '18 You and everyone 3
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '18 superwilly 5,154
News How to Cast a Spell to Levitate Objects (Jun '10) Feb '18 Arturo 6
News "Juggalos" Speak Out After Arson Arrests (Sep '07) Feb '18 Boogie man 50
Journalism Diorama(s): Pluralism Theocracy Jan '18 Abishai100 1