Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255927 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186250 Aug 22, 2013
david wrote:
to shamma , fun stuff
do you know the koran exepts book kicked out of the old and new testament . why would the koran or arabs in general be concerned about the canons not excepted by jews and christian . now that is fact you can google my friend . once you have gotten this checked , ask your self the question that arabs were pagan , or alah is not the god of israel . why would some one care because you took it into your hand to exclude books and shape the message , unless it concerns them .
What books were excluded?
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186251 Aug 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Christian, you have no right to talk about God's integrity and holiness.
Christianity, in all he foolishness, has disintegrated God and has blasted God into three parts.
So, your God's integrity and holiness has been reduced by 66.666666666667% and do you realize what I just wrote???
Your God's integrity and holiness stands now at a poor rate of 33.333333333333% only. lol!
God does not have parts.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#186252 Aug 22, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
We all suffer the consequences of Adam and Eve' first sin (original sin).

If they hadn't sinned, they would not have died and we would have been born in the garden.
If they had not eaten the fruit of the tree, they would not have known nakedness, which led to sex and we would not have been born at all, even in the Garden.

bmz

Location hidden

#186253 Aug 22, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Is not God's Spirit God? Is not God's Word God?
If that were the case, then God's sneeze would also be God. God's anger would also be God.

The sound of God walking in the Garden would also be God.

By the way, the Church fathers did this too by calling the sound (Memra) of God walking, as Jesus. So, Jesus was also the sound of God's footsteps.

Therefore God's foot-steps were also God. This is getting hilarious and absurd. ;)

God is neither a man nor a word. No one knows how God looks like.

Did Jesus describe how God looked like?
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186254 Aug 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If they had not eaten the fruit of the tree, they would not have known nakedness, which led to sex and we would not have been born at all, even in the Garden.
Such logic. LOL

Your logic suggests that if everyone wore clothes, there would be no sex! LOL

Genesis 1: 27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them,“Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Seems like God created man naked and told him to "be fruitful and increase in number" BEFORE they ate the fruit and knew they were naked.

bmz

Location hidden

#186255 Aug 22, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not have parts.
Indeed, but they tore God into three persons in a Godhead. That tearing apart of God into three
is what I was talking about.

By tearing in parts, I meant that God was torn into three parts, i.e., the Father in heaven was one part, the alleged Son was the second part and that the alleged Holy Spirit was the third part.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186256 Aug 22, 2013
david wrote:
to shama ,
islam is cosher
you eat pork
islam has one god
you have three
islam prays to god the way the god of abraham demanded it
you go to church every sunday , only if you could .
shamma why you keep forgeting the underling message of islam here is " SOME ONE HAS MESSED WITH THE WORDS OF THE GOD OF ABRAHAM" that is what is being shouted for 1600 years , there is only one god for the god of israel or abraham and the messanger the man with commen sense here is muhamud ( because the priest or rabais have gone cookoo , lol ) and he brings us the original god of israel or abraham , before you tried to give us the trinity , its just common sense , the muslim dont even have to argue , I am not even arguing with you , its all love from here . but trust me you are making a mistake when you blaspheme against alah or the god of mohamud, and yes the god of mohamud is my god and the god of moses they are all one name in past and present tense ,no joke. lol.
What makes you think your god is the god of Moses when your god and prophet contradicted/violated the law of Moses and therefore the law of YHWH, the God of Moses?

bmz

Location hidden

#186257 Aug 22, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
When the child reaches the age of accountability his sins are counted against him or her.
That is something else. That is why brother Jesus said that one has to be pure and innocent as children in order to enter the Paradise.

This also confirms that children are not born-sinners and the lie that sin gets passed on gets debunked by Jesus' statement.

Thanks, Bryant
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186258 Aug 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were the case, then God's sneeze would also be God. God's anger would also be God.
The sound of God walking in the Garden would also be God.
By the way, the Church fathers did this too by calling the sound (Memra) of God walking, as Jesus. So, Jesus was also the sound of God's footsteps.
Therefore God's foot-steps were also God. This is getting hilarious and absurd. ;)
God is neither a man nor a word. No one knows how God looks like.
Did Jesus describe how God looked like?
It is your logic that is hilarious.

How did God create?

Jews would have understood what the Memra of God is, but you don't.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10...

Clip: In Scripture "the word of the Lord" commonly denotes the speech addressed to patriarch or prophet (Gen. xv. 1; Num. xii. 6, xxiii. 5; I Sam. iii. 21; Amos v. 1-8); but frequently it denotes also the creative word: "By the word of the Lord were the heavens made" (Ps. xxxiii. 6; comp. "For He spake, and it was done"; "He sendeth his word, and melteth them [the ice]"; "Fire and hail; snow, and vapors; stormy wind fulfilling his word"; Ps. xxxiii. 9, cxlvii. 18, cxlviii. 8). In this sense it is said, "For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven" (Ps. cxix. 89). "The Word," heard and announced by the prophet, often became, in the conception of the seer, an efficacious power apart from God, as was the angel or messenger of God: "The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel" (Isa. ix. 7 [A. V. 8], lv. 11); "He sent his word, and healed them" (Ps. cvii. 20); and comp. "his word runneth very swiftly" (Ps. cxlvii. 15).

bmz

Location hidden

#186259 Aug 22, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Such logic. LOL
Your logic suggests that if everyone wore clothes, there would be no sex! LOL
Genesis 1: 27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them,“Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Seems like God created man naked and told him to "be fruitful and increase in number" BEFORE they ate the fruit and knew they were naked.
We were talking talking about the account of the Serpent, Adam and Eve.

I do not wish to discuss two different creation accounts of Genesis.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186260 Aug 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, but they tore God into three persons in a Godhead. That tearing apart of God into three
is what I was talking about.
By tearing in parts, I meant that God was torn into three parts, i.e., the Father in heaven was one part, the alleged Son was the second part and that the alleged Holy Spirit was the third part.
Mercy, but you are without knowledge.

So the author of the Qur'an thinks Christians believe Part one is God and part two is Jesus and part three is the Virgin Mary.

No wonder you are so confused.

bmz

Location hidden

#186261 Aug 22, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think your god is the god of Moses when your god and prophet contradicted/violated the law of Moses and therefore the law of YHWH, the God of Moses?
You know well that your God is not the God of Moses and you know well that the God of Moses is the God of Jesus.

And when WE tell you that WE believe in the God of Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Issac, Jacob, Esau, Joseph, Moses, Job, Jonah, David, Solomon and others, who are you to tell us that we believe in some other God?

By what authority, do you do that?

And WE also tell you openly that we do NOT believe in the triune God of Christianity.

The Jews do not call their God by letters or alphabets. I have never heard any of my close Jewish friends ever uttering YHWH or YHVH or Jehovah or Yahweh. It is either HaShem or Adonai or Elohim.

bmz

Location hidden

#186262 Aug 22, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Mercy, but you are without knowledge.
So the author of the Qur'an thinks Christians believe Part one is God and part two is Jesus and part three is the Virgin Mary.
No wonder you are so confused.
No!

Let me remove your massive confusion.

Qur'aan does not describe Trinity. It simply refutes and condemns it. It tells Christians not to even utter that word.

Qur'aan does NOT SAY that Trinity is made up of God, Jesus and Mary.

bmz

Location hidden

#186263 Aug 22, 2013
Definitions of Trinity, according to Christians, extracted from heaps of Christian info:

"The Trinity expresses the belief that God is one Being made up of three distinct Persons who exist in co-equal essence and co-eternal communion as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit."

"The Bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God."

The Bible also teaches that there is only one God.

The members of the Trinity are distinguished one from another.

God the Son is distinguished from God the Father. This shows that Jesus did not consider Himself to be the Father or the Holy Spirit.

Each member of the Trinity is God. The Father is God The Son is God The Holy Spirit is God.

Holy Trinity. the union of three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost) in one Godhead, or the threefold personality of the one Divine Being.

I need Aspirin.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186264 Aug 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking talking about the account of the Serpent, Adam and Eve.
I do not wish to discuss two different creation accounts of Genesis.
What? Maybe you should drink some more tea before replying. LOL
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186265 Aug 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is something else. That is why brother Jesus said that one has to be pure and innocent as children in order to enter the Paradise.
This also confirms that children are not born-sinners and the lie that sin gets passed on gets debunked by Jesus' statement.
Thanks, Bryant
Children are not born sinners, but they are all born with the propensity to sin.

What do you mean by "sin gets passed on"? Just exactly what do you think the concept of "original sin" is?
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186266 Aug 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know well that your God is not the God of Moses and you know well that the God of Moses is the God of Jesus.[/quote]

My God is YHWH and He is the God of Moses. He is also the God revealed to us by God's Messiah, Jesus.

[QUOTE who="bmz"]<quoted text>

And when WE tell you that WE believe in the God of Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Issac, Jacob, Esau, Joseph, Moses, Job, Jonah, David, Solomon and others, who are you to tell us that we believe in some other God? By what authority, do you do that?[/quote]

I believe you believe you are worshipping the same God, but I do not believe you are.

BTW: Who are you and what gives you the right to tell Christians we do not believe in YHWH?

And WE also tell you openly that we do NOT believe in the triune God of Christianity.[/quote]

You mean you don't believe God's Word (He created by His Word) is not God? That God's Holy Spirit is not God?

The Jews do not call their God by letters or alphabets. I have never heard any of my close Jewish friends ever uttering YHWH or YHVH or Jehovah or Yahweh. It is either HaShem or Adonai or Elohim.
Do you not know that HaShem (the name) stands for YWHW?

The most important of God's Names is the four-letter Name represented by the Hebrew letters Yod-Hei-Vav-Hei (YHVH). It is often referred to as the Ineffable Name, the Unutterable Name or the Distinctive Name. Linguistically, it is related to the Hebrew root Hei-Yod-Hei (to be), and reflects the fact that God's existence is eternal. In scripture, this Name is used when discussing God's relation with human beings, and when emphasizing his qualities of lovingkindness and mercy. It is frequently shortened to Yah (Yod-Hei), Yahu or Yeho (Yod-Hei-Vav), especially when used in combination with names or phrases, as in Yehoshua (Joshua, meaning "the Lord is my Salvation"), Eliyahu (Elijah, meaning "my God is the Lord"), and Halleluyah ("praise the Lord").

Judaism 101
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186267 Aug 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No!
Let me remove your massive confusion.
Qur'aan does not describe Trinity. It simply refutes and condemns it. It tells Christians not to even utter that word.
Qur'aan does NOT SAY that Trinity is made up of God, Jesus and Mary.
Actually, the Qur'an says "don't say three?" Three what? Three God's? We do't say three Gods, we say one God.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#186268 Aug 22, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Adam was NOT the serpent, according to the very record that you quote. In short, you are insane.
The serpent was a part of Adams' anatomy and what they did was a sexual act. Afterwards, they knew they were naked. The curse on the serpent was the same as the curse on Adam. Eves' "desire" would be to her husband and this was in part, a sexual desire. Sex is called "knowledge". If the fruit was literally an apple, there would be a commandment prohibiting it. There is a commandment against sodomy. The story is allegorical.

bmz

Location hidden

#186269 Aug 22, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Qur'an says "don't say three?" Three what? Three God's? We do't say three Gods, we say one God.
It refers to the three of the Trinity. There are three in the trinity. Right?

Thalatha in Qur'aan's Arabic also means Trinity. In modern Arabic it Thaleeth.

Thalatha is pronounced as Salasa (Not Salsa) and Thaleeth is pronounced as Salees.

What you say is actually one Godhead.

To you, the Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy spirit is God. And these three do not make up one God. They make up a Godhead.

You say one God but that is not correct. You have three Gods that form a Godhead. So, you believe in a Godhead of three distinct and co-equal Gods.

It would be something different if you said that there is only one God, who behaves like a father, for sometime behaved like a son and sometimes becomes a ghost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 7 hr Amused 4,906
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Nov 25 Jillifitz 115
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Nov 17 Amused 30
News Why All Jews Should Hate Halloween - And So Sho... Oct '16 Hecate 1
Beauty spell worked last year but not anymore Oct '16 Prettyicy 1
Wiccan Coven Secrets Anyone? Oct '16 Julius the Jules 1
Need info Oct '16 Fraidy Cat 2
More from around the web