Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 8,752)

Showing posts 175,021 - 175,040 of198,782
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185785
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

1

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question:
Did God ever speak to Jesus? Mind you I said TO Jesus.
I know and that is why I said it. I do not see God talking to Jesus and having a conversation with him at all in the entire New Testament.
Now, if you think you are not stupid, show me God talking to Jesus though your book?
Braindead Muslim Zealot,

Does God need your permission to do anything at all? Does God inform you of all that God does?

You could have phrased your question differently, like, "Did God ever speak to Jesus in the New Testament?" but you didn't. You asked, "Did God ever speak to Jesus?" Do you see the difference?

In any case, there are a number of recorded instances in the New Testament where the Father spoke not just to Jesus but to those who were with him at the time, first at his baptism and then at the transfiguration. Look them up, and by the way, try to stifle your habitual impulse to say that the Gospel writers were ignorant fools and/or liars.

As for any other instance of God speaking to Jesus, do you mean audibly, or as an interior locution? Be specific. It matters.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185786
Aug 19, 2013
 
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew this would be coming and surely it did.
When ever a Christian talks sense, you false Christians accuse him/her of being a Muslim.
The belief in Trinity is a pagan concept. Trinity is absurd and rubbish. Jesus did not say a word about this monstrosity, so please discard it and do not even utter that ugly word.
It was created to appease the Romans, Greeks and other Gentiles, who had their own trinities.
Muslims acting like Christians on these threads always expose them self with their ignorance.
CBT didn't know that the name Jesus means Salvation.

Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation [Yeshua] cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

The word Jesus used in the New Testament comes from the Latin form of the Greek name &#7992;&#951;&#963 ;&#959;&#8166;&#96 2; (I&#275;sous), a rendition of the Hebrew Yeshua (&#1497;&#1513;&#1 493;&#1506;), also used as Joshua or Yesua.[1][2] The name is thus related to the Hebrew consonantal verb root verb y-š-&#661; (to rescue or deliver) and the Hebrew noun yešua&#661; (deliverance).[4] There have been a number of proposals as to the origin and etymological origin of the name Jesus (cf. Matthew 1:21). The name is related to the Hebrew form [Yehoshua`] &#1497;&#1456;&#14 92;&#1493;&#1465;& #1513;&#1467;&#1473; &#1506;&#1463; Joshua, which is a theophoric name first mentioned within the Biblical tradition in Exodus 17:9. This name is usually considered to be a compound of two parts: &#1497;&#1492;&#14 93; Yeho, a theophoric reference to YHWH, the name of the God of Israel, plus Hosea a form derived from the Hebrew triconsonantal root y-š-&#661; or &#1497;-&#1513;-&# 1506; Numbers 13:16 "to liberate, save". There have been various proposals as to how the literal etymological meaning of the name should be translated, including: YHWH saves,(is) salvation,(is) a saving-cry,(is) a cry-for-saving,(is) a cry-for-help,(is) my help.[5][6][7][8][9]
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185787
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

1

bmz wrote:
The belief in Trinity is a pagan concept. Trinity is absurd and rubbish. Jesus did not say a word about this monstrosity, so please discard it and do not even utter that ugly word.
The belief in Hajj is a pagan concept. Hajj is absurd and rubbish. Jesus did not say a word about this monstrosity, so please discard it and do not even utter that ugly word.

As for Trinity, Mohammad denied what he thought was the Christian trinity: God; Jesus; Mary, but he also presumed that God could not and would not EVER become human because so doing would supposedly be beneath God's dignity. I reject his limited concept as an insult to God's character and God's freedom to do whatever it pleases God to do.
El Cid

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185788
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

1

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Uncouth and sewer mouthed persons like you are unfit even to take his name with their soiled lips.
You have to have to wait a long time to discuss with me, with your current frame of mind.
Why not crawl back to the sewer from where you emerged and wait your turn.
So, you DO worship Mohammad. I knew it.

Hey, I've insulted your bloody "prophet." Have you dispatched the executioners yet, or do you need permission from some Imam affiliated with the House of Saud?

BTW, I thank Allah that my "current frame of mind" is lightyears removed from yours, slave of primitive and barbaric superstition that you are.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185789
Aug 19, 2013
 
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Braindead Muslim Zealot,
Does God need your permission to do anything at all? Does God inform you of all that God does?
You could have phrased your question differently, like, "Did God ever speak to Jesus in the New Testament?" but you didn't. You asked, "Did God ever speak to Jesus?" Do you see the difference?
In any case, there are a number of recorded instances in the New Testament where the Father spoke not just to Jesus but to those who were with him at the time, first at his baptism and then at the transfiguration. Look them up, and by the way, try to stifle your habitual impulse to say that the Gospel writers were ignorant fools and/or liars.
As for any other instance of God speaking to Jesus, do you mean audibly, or as an interior locution? Be specific. It matters.
If I introduce my son to you, saying, "Here is my son", it means I am talking to you, not to my son.

If I introduce my son by saying, "Son, this is clueless Mr. El Cid, I was talking about", only then you can say that I was talking to my son.

Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185790
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to wait your turn till I am finished with my discussion with Mr. Seeker
You are. And God bless the other guy if he has the patience to go through 40 posts with you that can be discussed in 10.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185791
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you DO worship Mohammad. I knew it.
Hey, I've insulted your bloody "prophet." Have you dispatched the executioners yet, or do you need permission from some Imam affiliated with the House of Saud?
BTW, I thank Allah that my "current frame of mind" is lightyears removed from yours, slave of primitive and barbaric superstition that you are.
Buford, You really talk like the 1st Century backward man. I am not kidding. You would have outshone Peter, Philip and Thomas in stupidity, if you had been there.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185792
Aug 19, 2013
 
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims acting like Christians on these threads always expose them self with their ignorance.
CBT didn't know that the name Jesus means Salvation.
Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation [Yeshua] cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
The word Jesus used in the New Testament comes from the Latin form of the Greek name &#7992;&#951;&#963 ;&#959;&#8166;&#96 2; (I&#275;sous), a rendition of the Hebrew Yeshua (&#1497;&#1513;&#1 493;&#1506;), also used as Joshua or Yesua.[1][2] The name is thus related to the Hebrew consonantal verb root verb y-š-&#661; (to rescue or deliver) and the Hebrew noun yešua&#661; (deliverance).[4] There have been a number of proposals as to the origin and etymological origin of the name Jesus (cf. Matthew 1:21). The name is related to the Hebrew form [Yehoshua`] &#1497;&#1456;&#14 92;&#1493;&#1465;& #1513;&#1467;&#1473; &#1506;&#1463; Joshua, which is a theophoric name first mentioned within the Biblical tradition in Exodus 17:9. This name is usually considered to be a compound of two parts: &#1497;&#1492;&#14 93; Yeho, a theophoric reference to YHWH, the name of the God of Israel, plus Hosea a form derived from the Hebrew triconsonantal root y-š-&#661; or &#1497;-&#1513;-&# 1506; Numbers 13:16 "to liberate, save". There have been various proposals as to how the literal etymological meaning of the name should be translated, including: YHWH saves,(is) salvation,(is) a saving-cry,(is) a cry-for-saving,(is) a cry-for-help,(is) my help.[5][6][7][8][9]
The name can mean salvation but that does make the man the Savior.

My name in Arabic also means salvation and savior but that does not mean I am Salvation or the Savior.

God provided salvation for the Hebrew and other slaves through Moses. So, you cannot say that Moses was Jesus also.

God provided salvation for Lot through Abraham, when Lot was in trouble. Abraham rushed to his nephew's help, fought for him and saved him. So, Abraham was not Jesus.

Joshua, the deputy of Moses, knew the meaning of his name well but he did not consider himself the Savior or Salvation of the Hebrews.

You make a very poor case.

Case dismissed!

Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185793
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text> When does it say that the Lord Jesus Christ is "God Almighty"? Verses, please.
Well it doesn't say EXACTLY what you demand, but I must say that this verse is pretty odd.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1009.htm
Isaiah 9:5 For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom;

This is from a Jewish source where everything is translated into English. Except, as you will notice, not the end of this verse where they refused to actually write the end part in English, while the rest of the page is all in English. That would seem odd, wouldn't it? Why would they do that?

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185794
Aug 19, 2013
 
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the "Jewish scripture"? And could you please tell the board what you think it means that it's "all about" whatever you say, ok? Please talk in detail, giving scriptures, facts, dates and other pertinent items to back up your claims. When was the name of JESUS mentioned for the first time in any scripture, "Jewish" or not? When does it say that the Lord Jesus Christ is "God Almighty"? Verses, please.
"Scripture" means writings that are holy or inspired by God. Only the OT fits this, not the Koran or NT. Jesus is not the Messiah, he is the modern day idol of Israel and is prophesied as that in the scriptures. He fulfilled no messianic prophecy but he did try. The Lord is one (Deut. 6:4), God does not have a biological son except for Adam.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185795
Aug 19, 2013
 
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims acting like Christians on these threads always expose them self with their ignorance.
CBT didn't know that the name Jesus means Salvation.
Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation [Yeshua] cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
The word Jesus used in the New Testament comes from the Latin form of the Greek name &#7992;&#951;&#963 ;&#959;&#8166;&#96 2; (I&#275;sous), a rendition of the Hebrew Yeshua (&#1497;&#1513;&#1 493;&#1506;), also used as Joshua or Yesua.[1][2] The name is thus related to the Hebrew consonantal verb root verb y-š-&#661; (to rescue or deliver) and the Hebrew noun yešua&#661; (deliverance).[4] There have been a number of proposals as to the origin and etymological origin of the name Jesus (cf. Matthew 1:21). The name is related to the Hebrew form [Yehoshua`] &#1497;&#1456;&#14 92;&#1493;&#1465;& #1513;&#1467;&#1473; &#1506;&#1463; Joshua, which is a theophoric name first mentioned within the Biblical tradition in Exodus 17:9. This name is usually considered to be a compound of two parts: &#1497;&#1492;&#14 93; Yeho, a theophoric reference to YHWH, the name of the God of Israel, plus Hosea a form derived from the Hebrew triconsonantal root y-š-&#661; or &#1497;-&#1513;-&# 1506; Numbers 13:16 "to liberate, save". There have been various proposals as to how the literal etymological meaning of the name should be translated, including: YHWH saves,(is) salvation,(is) a saving-cry,(is) a cry-for-saving,(is) a cry-for-help,(is) my help.[5][6][7][8][9]
Isaiah 45 demolishes all the false claims of Christianity.

Your daily life assignment:

Read Isaiah 45, at least 50 times a day.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185796
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear, hear! Where did Jesus say that, Shamma?
Are you aware of what God told Moses that people should call him?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185797
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You failed to read that link.
It is obvious you do not know the meaning of the word Salvation.
The New Testament. The advent name "Immanuel, " "God with us, " signifies momentous progress in the history of salvation. In Matthew's Gospel the angel tells Joseph that Mary's child is conceived of the Holy Spirit, and that he is "to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins" ( 1:21-23 ). The name "Jesus" (derived from the Hebrew Joshua [;[Wv/hy]) itself means salvation.
I actually did read that link. You make all sorts of accusations without merit. MOST normal people can read through your nonsense. No matter how you want to put it, the name JESUS does not mean SALVATION. Otherwise, they would have called him "Salvation" and not JESUS.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185798
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>The belief in Hajj is a pagan concept. Hajj is absurd and rubbish. Jesus did not say a word about this monstrosity, so please discard it and do not even utter that ugly word.

As for Trinity, Mohammad denied what he thought was the Christian trinity: God; Jesus; Mary, but he also presumed that God could not and would not EVER become human because so doing would supposedly be beneath God's dignity. I reject his limited concept as an insult to God's character and God's freedom to do whatever it pleases God to do.
Jesus did not know about what Abraham and Ishmael did. He was clueless about History of the Patriarchs.

Neither Muhammad nor Qur'aan says that Trinity comprised of God, Jesus and Mary. You have been badly misinformed.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185799
Aug 19, 2013
 
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What religion are you?
You preach like a closet Muslim!
Who is Jesus?
If you don't know, with your attitude, why should I answer you? You have made yourself look ridiculous.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185800
Aug 19, 2013
 
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If I introduce my son to you, saying, "Here is my son", it means I am talking to you, not to my son.
If I introduce my son by saying, "Son, this is clueless Mr. El Cid, I was talking about", only then you can say that I was talking to my son.
John 17:1-6

New International Version (NIV)


Jesus Prays to Be Glorified

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185801
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it doesn't say EXACTLY what you demand, but I must say that this verse is pretty odd.
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1009.htm
Isaiah 9:5 For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom;
This is from a Jewish source where everything is translated into English. Except, as you will notice, not the end of this verse where they refused to actually write the end part in English, while the rest of the page is all in English. That would seem odd, wouldn't it? Why would they do that?
You DO know that others can quote scripture, too, don't you? And they don't have to be Christians. Everything you and shamma have said is so off-base that it isn't even funny.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185802
Aug 19, 2013
 
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Scripture" means writings that are holy or inspired by God. Only the OT fits this, not the Koran or NT. Jesus is not the Messiah, he is the modern day idol of Israel and is prophesied as that in the scriptures. He fulfilled no messianic prophecy but he did try. The Lord is one (Deut. 6:4), God does not have a biological son except for Adam.
Susan,

But the OT is a forged copy. The Latin Vulgate was written for this very purpose to show Jesus as the Messiah by forging the verses and filling it up with dubious words. OT is avery poor copy of the Jewish Holy Scriptures.

Have you read the Tanakh? If you read it, you will surely find it better than OT, Susan. Trust me!

Thanks

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185803
Aug 19, 2013
 
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Scripture" means writings that are holy or inspired by God. Only the OT fits this, not the Koran or NT. Jesus is not the Messiah, he is the modern day idol of Israel and is prophesied as that in the scriptures. He fulfilled no messianic prophecy but he did try. The Lord is one (Deut. 6:4), God does not have a biological son except for Adam.
Hi, Susan. I have nothing against you, I just think you are totally deluded, or, as they say, out of this world.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185804
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>You do not understand the scriptures, and you do not know the power of God.
I'm really not so sure how you can claim with such certainty that YOU DO. Obviously, you have ideas and interpretations, and so do I. But where does this "authoritative" attitude come from?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 175,021 - 175,040 of198,782
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 8 min Jumper The wise 15
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe 3 hr a person 83
Cosmic ordering (Nov '09) 9 hr bren 3
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Jul 9 CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Jul 9 CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Jul 9 Shawn 9
Novice needs Wiccan Friend..... Jul 7 Novice 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••