Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 243220 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#185768 Aug 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Here's an excerpt from an article called Preparing the Way for Christ; which traces the references to salvation in Christ throughout the books of the Old Testament.
The article gives a brief redemptive historical approach to salvation history for each book of the Old Testament and then lists specific references from almost every chapter of each book (along with related New Testament passages) which anticipate our redemption through Jesus Christ, what God has accomplished for us:

Genesis

After God creates a world of fruitfulness and blessing, Adam's fall disrupts the harmony. God purposes to renew fruitfulness and blessing through the offspring of the woman (3:15). Christ is the ultimate offspring (Gal. 3:16) who brings climactic victory (Heb. 2:14-15). Genesis traces the beginning of a line of godly offspring, through Seth, Enoch, Noah, and then God’s choice of Abraham and his offspring
Exodus
Through Moses God redeems his people from slavery in Egypt, prefiguring Christ's eternal redemption of his people from slavery to sin.
Leviticus
The requirement of holiness points to the holiness of Christ (Heb. 7:26-28). The sacrifices prefigure the sacrifice of Christ (Heb. 10:1-10).
Numbers
The journey through the wilderness prefigures the Christian journey through this world to the new world (1 Cor. 10:1-11; Heb. 4:3-10).
Deuteronomy
The righteousness and wisdom of the law of God prefigure the righteousness of Christ, which is given to his people. The anticipation of entering the Promised Land prefigures Christians' hope for the new heaven and the new earth (Rev. 21:1-22:5).
Joshua
The conquest through Joshua prefigures Christ conquering his enemies, both Satan (Heb. 2:14-15) and rebellious human beings. The conquest takes place both through the gospel (Matt. 28:18-20) and in the destruction at the second coming (Rev. 19:11-21).
Judges
The judges save Israel, thus prefiguring Christ. But the judges have flaws and failures, and Israel repeatedly slips back into idolatry (2:19), spiraling downward to chaos. They need a king (21:25), and not only a king but a perfect king, the Messiah (Isa. 9:6-7).
Ruth
The line of offspring leading to Christ goes through Judah to Boaz to David (4:18-22; Matt. 1:5-6). Boaz the redeemer (Ruth 2:20), prefiguring Christ, enables Naomi’s disgrace to be removed and Ruth, a foreigner, to be included in God's people (prefiguring the inclusion of the Gentiles, Gal. 3:7-9, 14-18, 29).
1 Samuel
David, the king after God's heart (16:7; Acts 13:22), prefigures Christ, in contrast to Saul, who is the kind of king that the people want (1 Sam. 8:5, 19-20). Saul's persecution of David prefigures worldly people persecution of Christ and of Christ's people.
2 Samuel
David as a model king brings blessing to the nation until he falls into sin with Bathsheba (ch. 11). Though he repents, the remainder of his reign is flawed, pointing to the need for the coming of Christ the perfect messianic king.
1 Kings
The reign of Solomon fulfills the first stage of God's promise to David to establish the kingdom of his offspring (2 Sam. 7:12). Solomon in some ways is a model king, prefiguring Christ. But his decline into sin (1 Kings 11), the sins of his offspring, the division and strife between Israel and Judah, and the continual problems with false worship indicate the need for a perfect king and an everlasting kingdom (Isa. 9:6-7) surpassing the entire period of the monarchy. Many passages in 1 Kings have parallels in 2 Chronicles.
Horse Shit, Shamma

Came in Jesus (Yeshua, the alleged Salvation) and brought the greatest salvation to the Jews in the sense that the Temple was destroyed and the Jews were kicked out.

And they found their Salvation later in the Muslim lands, otherwise they would have become extinct at the hands of European Christianity.

Actually, we are the Yeshua aka Salvation of Jews. You may say that Islam is the Yeshua of the Jews. Laugh off your ass now.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#185769 Aug 18, 2013
Continued:
History of Salvation in the OT.

Zephaniah

Judgments on evil people anticipate the final judgment (Rev. 20:11-15) and indicate the necessity of Christ's work and sin-bearing in order to save us from judgment (see note on Isa. 13:9).

Haggai

The rebuilding of the temple prefigures the building of NT temples: the church (1 Cor. 3:16; Eph. 2:20-22) and the new Jerusalem (Rev. 21:9-22:5).

Zechariah

The rebuilding in the time of the restoration from exile prefigures the eternal salvation that comes in Christ.

Malachi

Disobedience and compromise are eliminated with the coming of Christ and his purification.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#185770 Aug 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
History of Salvation In The Old Testament: Preparing the Way for Christ (ESV Study Bible)
There are a huge number of informative resources in the new ESV Study Bible. Here's an excerpt from an article called Preparing the Way for Christ; which traces the references to salvation in Christ throughout the books of the Old Testament.
The article gives a brief redemptive historical approach to salvation history for each book of the Old Testament and then lists specific references from almost every chapter of each book (along with related New Testament passages) which anticipate our redemption through Jesus Christ, what God has accomplished for us:
History of Salvation in the Old Testament: Preparing the Way for Christ
Genesis
After God creates a world of fruitfulness and blessing, Adam's fall disrupts the harmony. God purposes to renew fruitfulness and blessing through the offspring of the woman (3:15). Christ is the ultimate offspring (Gal. 3:16) who brings climactic victory (Heb. 2:14-15). Genesis traces the beginning of a line of godly offspring, through Seth, Enoch, Noah, and then God’s choice of Abraham and his offspring (Gen. 12:2-3, 7; 13:14-17; 15:4-5; 17:1-14; 18:18; 22:16-18; 26:2-5; 28:13-15).
Exodus
Through Moses God redeems his people from slavery in Egypt, prefiguring Christ's eternal redemption of his people from slavery to sin.
Leviticus
The requirement of holiness points to the holiness of Christ (Heb. 7:26-28). The sacrifices prefigure the sacrifice of Christ (Heb....
The conquest through Joshua prefigures Christ conquering his enemies, both Satan (Heb. 2:14-15) and rebellious human beings. The conquest takes place both through the gospel (Matt. 28:18-20) and in the destruction at the second coming (Rev. 19:11-21).
Judges
The judges save Israel, thus prefiguring Christ. But the judges have flaws and failures, and Israel repeatedly slips back into idolatry (2:19), spiraling downward to chaos. They need a king (21:25), and not only a king but a perfect king, the Messiah (Isa. 9:6-7).
Ruth
The line of offspring leading to Christ goes through Judah to Boaz to David (4:18-22; Matt. 1:5-6). Boaz the redeemer (Ruth 2:20), prefiguring Christ, enables Naomi’s disgrace to be removed and Ruth, a foreigner, to be included in God's people (prefiguring the inclusion of the Gentiles, Gal. 3:7-9, 14-18, 29).
1 Samuel
David, the king after God's heart (16:7; Acts 13:22), prefigures Christ, in contrast to Saul, who is the kind of king that the people want (1 Sam. 8:5, 19-20). Saul's persecution of David prefigures worldly people’s persecution of Christ and of Christ's people.
2 Samuel
David as a model king brings blessing to the nation until he falls into sin with Bathsheba (ch. 11). Though he repents, the remainder of his reign is flawed, pointing to the need for the coming of Christ the perfect messianic king.
1 Kings
The reign of Solomon fulfills the first stage of God's promise to David to establish the kingdom of his offspring (2 Sam. 7:12). Solomon in some ways is a model king, prefiguring Christ. But his decline into sin (1 Kings 11), the sins of his offspring, the division and strife between Israel and Judah, and the continual problems with false worship indicate the need for a perfect king and an everlasting kingdom (Isa. 9:6-7) surpassing the entire period of the monarchy. Many passages in 1 Kings have parallels in 2 Chronicles.
Never bears out what you said about the name Jesus means salvation in the "Jewish scriptures," as I said whatever you mean by that term. No. Not once. Nice try though but not good enough. Can you try again?

Location hidden

#185771 Aug 18, 2013
History of Salvation in the OT links.
http://www.monergism.com/history_of_salvation...

Location hidden

#185772 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much for asking brilliant questions. Most likely you will receive an incoherent and an absurd reply.
Look, Shamma is lost. All we can try to do is help him, but between you, me, and the lamppost, I think he's really REALLY lost.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We have been asking similar questions for the last five years and have received no answer.
Some of the questions that we have asked umpteen times, were:
Where and when did Jesus say from his own mouth, "I am God"?
Yes, where did Jesus say that, Shamma? I'd like to see your "Christian" answer to that one, too. Is it in the same place the "Jewish scriptures" say the name of Jesus means salvation?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where and when did Jesus say from his own mouth, "I am the Father"?
Hear, hear! Where did Jesus say that, Shamma?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where and when did Jesus say from his own mouth, "God is triune or a Trinity"?
Thank you, once again
We know that Shamma cannot or will not give the answers. But of course, you can try, Shamma. Your case is lost, very, very lost. VERY LOST. Very, very lost. So lost that it cannot be found in any department. Don't think it's not sad also. It's lost AND sad. Because you are bringing great shame upon yourself. Because of your attitude and false teaching, God does not LIKE those things, Shamma.

Location hidden

#185773 Aug 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Continued:
History of Salvation In The Old Testament: Preparing the Way for Christ (ESV Study Bible)
1 Chronicles
David as the righteous leader and king prefigures Christ the king, not only in his rule over the people of God but in his role in preparing to build the temple. First Chronicles looks back on the faithfulness of God to his people in the entire period from Adam (1:1) to David (3:1) and even beyond (3:10-24; 9:1-34), indicating the steadfastness of God's purpose in preparing for the coming of the Messiah as the offspring of Adam (1:1; Gen. 3:15; Luke 3:38), offspring of Abraham (1 Chron. 1:28; Gal. 3:16), and offspring of David (1 Chron. 3:1; 17:11, 14; Luke 3:23-38; Acts 13:23).
2 Chronicles
Solomon as a wise king and temple builder prefigures Christ the king and temple builder. After Solomon the line of Davidic kings continues, leading forward to Christ the great descendant of David (Matt. 1:6-16). But many of the later kings go astray from God, and they and the people suffer for it, showing the need for Christ as the perfect king. Hezekiah (2 Chronicles 29-32) and Josiah (chs. 34-35) as righteous kings prefigure Christ. Second Chronicles has parallels in 1-2 Kings but focuses on the southern kingdom (Judah) and the line of David, and it shows focused concern for the temple and its worship, anticipating the fulfillment of temple and worship with the coming of Christ (John 2:19-21; 4:20-26; Eph. 2:20-22; Rev. 21:22-22:5).
Ezra
The restoration and rebuilding after the exile, in fulfillment of prophecy (1:1), prefigure Christ's salvation (Col. 1:13) and the building of the church (Matt. 16:18; Eph. 2:20-22). They also look forward to the consummation of salvation in the new heaven and new earth (Rev. 21:1).
Nehemiah
The restoration and rebuilding after the exile prefigure Christ's salvation (Col. 1:13) and the building of the church (Matt. 16:18; Eph. 2:20-22).
Esther
God providentially brings deliverance to his people through Esther, prefiguring final deliverance through Christ.
Job
Job's suffering and relief prefigure the suffering and glory of Christ.
Psalms
By expressing the emotional heights and depths in human response to God, the Psalms provide a permanent treasure for God's people to use to express their needs and their praises, both corporately and individually. Christ as representative man experienced our human condition, yet without sin, and so the Psalms become his prayers to God (see esp. Heb. 2:12; cf. Matt. 27:46 with Ps. 22:1). The Psalms are thus to be seen as his words, and through our union with him they become ours.
Proverbs
Wisdom ultimately comes from God and his instruction, which anticipates the fact that Christ is the wisdom of God (1 Cor. 1:30; Col. 2:3) and that in him and his instruction we find the way of life and righteousness (John 14:6, 23-24). Through the Spirit we may walk in the right way (Gal. 5:16-26).
Ecclesiastes
The meaninglessness, frustrations, and injustices of life "under the sun" call out for a solution from God. Christ through his suffering and resurrection provides the first installment (1 Cor. 15:22-23) of meaning, fulfillment, and new life (John 10:10), to be enjoyed fully in the consummation (Rev. 21:1-4).
Song of Solomon
The Song of Solomon depicts marital love. But after the fall merely human love is always short of God's ideal, and so we look for God's remedy in the perfect love of Christ (Eph. 5:22-33; 1 John 3:16; 4:9-10). The connection with Solomon (Song 1:1; 3:7, 9, 11; 8:11) invites us to think especially of the marriage of the king in the line of David (Ps. 45:10-15), and the kings point forward to Christ the great king, who has the church as his bride (Rev. 19:7-9, 21:9).
Look, Shamma, you can copy any website in the world, it doesn't make it true. You do not understand the scriptures, and you do not know the power of God. Because -- it is coming. Do you think you'll be floating up to heaven when it comes?

Location hidden

#185774 Aug 18, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Never bears out what you said about the name Jesus means salvation in the "Jewish scriptures," as I said whatever you mean by that term. No. Not once. Nice try though but not good enough. Can you try again?
Who is the one that brings Salvation?
John 3:16

New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

What is the name of Gods Son?

The name Jesus means "Savior." It is the same name as Joshua in the Old Testament. It is given to our Lord because "He saves His people from their sins." This is His special role. He saves them from the guilt of sin, by cleansing them in His own atoning blood. He saves them from the dominion of sin by putting in their hearts the sanctifying Spirit. He saves them from the presence of sin, when He takes them out of this world to rest with Him. He will save them from all the consequences of sin, when He shall give them a glorious body at the last day.

Who is going to do this?
God the Father?
Or God Almighty our Lord Jesus Christ?
bmz

Singapore

#185775 Aug 18, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, Shamma is lost. All we can try to do is help him, but between you, me, and the lamppost, I think he's really REALLY lost.

<quoted text>
Yes, where did Jesus say that, Shamma? I'd like to see your "Christian" answer to that one, too. Is it in the same place the "Jewish scriptures" say the name of Jesus means salvation?

<quoted text>
Hear, hear! Where did Jesus say that, Shamma?

<quoted text>
We know that Shamma cannot or will not give the answers. But of course, you can try, Shamma. Your case is lost, very, very lost. VERY LOST. Very, very lost. So lost that it cannot be found in any department. Don't think it's not sad also. It's lost AND sad. Because you are bringing great shame upon yourself. Because of your attitude and false teaching, God does not LIKE those things, Shamma.
Thank you, CTBT

Shamma and other false Christians know very well that it could not be true. The scripture has nothing in it saying Jesus is God or the Savior or that God is a trinity.

If Jesus were God or if God were Jesus, it would not have taken either more than a few seconds to say, "I am God". Also, if God were truly triune, the three would have appeared on the Mount together and Peter would have still offered to put up a big tent instead of three.

What the false Christians here do not understand is that if Jesus were God and if he were triune, the disciples would have taught and preached that from day one. It would not have taken foreigners 400-500 years to come up with the alleged Trinity.
bmz

Singapore

#185776 Aug 18, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, Shamma, you can copy any website in the world, it doesn't make it true. You do not understand the scriptures, and you do not know the power of God. Because -- it is coming. Do you think you'll be floating up to heaven when it comes?
Even the number of those floating up, is limited. Does not cover all Christians.
bmz

Singapore

#185777 Aug 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Who is the one that brings Salvation?

Who is going to do this?

God the Father?

Or God Almighty our Lord Jesus Christ?
Only the LORD Almighty God. Nobody else. Don't you trust Isaiah 45, which demolishes all false Christian views?

"I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God."

"I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things." (Question: Did Jesus create any disaster?)

"“Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter,‘What are you making?"

"It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. My own hands stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts."

"‘Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other god"

"Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.

“Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.

By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked:

Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear."

Everything that you come up with gets nuked and pulverized by the verses of Isaiah 45.

Location hidden

#185778 Aug 18, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the "Jewish scripture"? And could you please tell the board what you think it means that it's "all about" whatever you say, ok? Please talk in detail, giving scriptures, facts, dates and other pertinent items to back up your claims. When was the name of JESUS mentioned for the first time in any scripture, "Jewish" or not? When does it say that the Lord Jesus Christ is "God Almighty"? Verses, please.
What religion are you?
You preach like a closet Muslim!
Who is Jesus?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#185779 Aug 18, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Your "prophet" delighted in crushing "broken reeds." Why else would he allow his soldiers to RAPE their female "booty" slaves?
Uncouth and sewer mouthed persons like you are unfit even to take his name with their soiled lips.

You have to have to wait a long time to discuss with me, with your current frame of mind.

Why not crawl back to the sewer from where you emerged and wait your turn.

Location hidden

#185780 Aug 18, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very mixed up. You've been deceived. And you obviously can't answer the question but must refer to needless silly websites because you can't answer the question, all you do and your friends do is throw verbal stones in the most ridiculous way. God is watching and GOING to set the scales straight when the right time occurs. Maybe we'll see you floating to heaven, bubbo. Let's see you answer that one.
You failed to read that link.
It is obvious you do not know the meaning of the word Salvation.

The New Testament. The advent name "Immanuel, " "God with us, " signifies momentous progress in the history of salvation. In Matthew's Gospel the angel tells Joseph that Mary's child is conceived of the Holy Spirit, and that he is "to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins" ( 1:21-23 ). The name "Jesus" (derived from the Hebrew Joshua [;[Wv/hy]) itself means salvation.

Location hidden

#185781 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the LORD Almighty God. Nobody else. Don't you trust Isaiah 45, which demolishes all false Christian views?
"I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God."
"I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things." (Question: Did Jesus create any disaster?)
"“Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter,‘What are you making?"
"It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. My own hands stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts."
"‘Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other god"
"Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.
“Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear."
Everything that you come up with gets nuked and pulverized by the verses of Isaiah 45.
In you earlier post you stated No one saw God, Which confirms that the teaching of Jesus in the Gospels is correct.
Jesus said (John 5:37)–“"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.”

So it is Jesus who God the Father sends to accomplish the will of God the Father.

Matthew 11

27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

You are talking with out continuity.
You are unable to comprehend the Quran, and the OT, and NT scriptures.
You present your self as a moron on these threads.

Location hidden

#185782 Aug 18, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a closet Muslim poses-sing as a Christian.!
And it is you that is ignorant of Gods teaching in the Scriptures.
You are not a believer that God is a Trinity.
You are without the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

bmz

Singapore

#185783 Aug 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are a closet Muslim poses-sing as a Christian.!
And it is you that is ignorant of Gods teaching in the Scriptures.

You are not a believer that God is a Trinity.

You are without the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
I knew this would be coming and surely it did.

When ever a Christian talks sense, you false Christians accuse him/her of being a Muslim.

The belief in Trinity is a pagan concept. Trinity is absurd and rubbish. Jesus did not say a word about this monstrosity, so please discard it and do not even utter that ugly word.

It was created to appease the Romans, Greeks and other Gentiles, who had their own trinities.
bmz

Singapore

#185784 Aug 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
What religion are you?

You preach like a closet Muslim!

Who is Jesus?
I knew this would also be coming. He/She is definitely a Christian.

There are many types of Christians. So, don't think that only your Cult is the main religion.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#185785 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question:
Did God ever speak to Jesus? Mind you I said TO Jesus.
I know and that is why I said it. I do not see God talking to Jesus and having a conversation with him at all in the entire New Testament.
Now, if you think you are not stupid, show me God talking to Jesus though your book?
Braindead Muslim Zealot,

Does God need your permission to do anything at all? Does God inform you of all that God does?

You could have phrased your question differently, like, "Did God ever speak to Jesus in the New Testament?" but you didn't. You asked, "Did God ever speak to Jesus?" Do you see the difference?

In any case, there are a number of recorded instances in the New Testament where the Father spoke not just to Jesus but to those who were with him at the time, first at his baptism and then at the transfiguration. Look them up, and by the way, try to stifle your habitual impulse to say that the Gospel writers were ignorant fools and/or liars.

As for any other instance of God speaking to Jesus, do you mean audibly, or as an interior locution? Be specific. It matters.

Location hidden

#185786 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew this would be coming and surely it did.
When ever a Christian talks sense, you false Christians accuse him/her of being a Muslim.
The belief in Trinity is a pagan concept. Trinity is absurd and rubbish. Jesus did not say a word about this monstrosity, so please discard it and do not even utter that ugly word.
It was created to appease the Romans, Greeks and other Gentiles, who had their own trinities.
Muslims acting like Christians on these threads always expose them self with their ignorance.
CBT didn't know that the name Jesus means Salvation.

Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation [Yeshua] cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

The word Jesus used in the New Testament comes from the Latin form of the Greek name &#7992;&#951;&#963 ;&#959;&#8166;&#96 2; (I&#275;sous), a rendition of the Hebrew Yeshua (&#1497;&#1513;&#1 493;&#1506;), also used as Joshua or Yesua.[1][2] The name is thus related to the Hebrew consonantal verb root verb y-š-&#661; (to rescue or deliver) and the Hebrew noun yešua&#661; (deliverance).[4] There have been a number of proposals as to the origin and etymological origin of the name Jesus (cf. Matthew 1:21). The name is related to the Hebrew form [Yehoshua`] &#1497;&#1456;&#14 92;&#1493;&#1465;& #1513;&#1467;&#1473; &#1506;&#1463; Joshua, which is a theophoric name first mentioned within the Biblical tradition in Exodus 17:9. This name is usually considered to be a compound of two parts: &#1497;&#1492;&#14 93; Yeho, a theophoric reference to YHWH, the name of the God of Israel, plus Hosea a form derived from the Hebrew triconsonantal root y-š-&#661; or &#1497;-&#1513;-&# 1506; Numbers 13:16 "to liberate, save". There have been various proposals as to how the literal etymological meaning of the name should be translated, including: YHWH saves,(is) salvation,(is) a saving-cry,(is) a cry-for-saving,(is) a cry-for-help,(is) my help.[5][6][7][8][9]
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#185787 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
The belief in Hajj is a pagan concept. Hajj is absurd and rubbish. Jesus did not say a word about this monstrosity, so please discard it and do not even utter that ugly word.

As for Trinity, Mohammad denied what he thought was the Christian trinity: God; Jesus; Mary, but he also presumed that God could not and would not EVER become human because so doing would supposedly be beneath God's dignity. I reject his limited concept as an insult to God's character and God's freedom to do whatever it pleases God to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 55 min Patrick n Angela 4,008
Interesting Satanic site Feb 7 dGo mnDDae lyHo i... 2
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... Jan 29 Wrong problem 45
News Satellite images confirm: Iraq's oldest monaste... Jan 23 PATRIOT_TEXAN 4
News 5Ted Cruz: Evangelical darling or a pagan bruta... Jan 16 Elise In Seattle 1
News Annual crops protection ritual held at Hartley ... Jan 16 Elise In Seattle 1
News 7 Things Mindful People Do Before 9 A.M. Jan 16 Elise In Seattle 1
More from around the web