Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,114

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#185708 Aug 18, 2013
Has anyone seen God or not?
Exodus 24:9-11, Exodus 33:11, Exodus 6:2-3; and John 1:18

Has seen
(Gen. 17:1)–“Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty ; Walk before Me, and be blameless;

(Gen. 18:1) Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day.”

(Exodus 6:2-3)–“God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD; 3and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them.”

(Exodus 24:9-11)–“Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank.”
(Num. 12:6-8)–“He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream.

7"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses ?"

(Acts 7:2), "And he [Stephen] said,'Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran...'"

Has not seen

(Exodus 33:20)–“But He [God] said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live !"

(John 1:18)–“No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.”

(John 5:37)–“"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.”

(John 6:46)- "Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.”

(1 Tim. 6:15-16)–“He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.”

It is evident above that God was seen. But, considering the "can't-see-God" verses, some would understandably argue that there would be a contradiction.

One explanation offered is that the people were seeing visions, or dreams, or the Angel of the LORD (Num. 22:22-26; Judges 13:1-21) and not really God Himself. But the problem is that the verses cited above do not say vision, dream, or Angel of the LORD. They say that people saw God (Exodus 24:9-11), that God was seen, and that He appeared as God Almighty (Exodus 6:2-3).

At first, this is difficult to understand. God Almighty was seen (Exodus 6:2-3) which means it was not the Angel of the Lord, for an angel is not God Almighty, and at least Moses saw God, not in a vision or dream, as the LORD Himself attests in Num. 12:6-8. If these verses mean what they say, then we naturally assume we have a contradiction. Actually, the contradiction exists in our understanding, not in the Bible--which is always the case with alleged biblical contradictions.

The solution is simple. All you need to do is accept what the Bible says. If the people of the OT were seeing God, the Almighty God, and Jesus said that no one has ever seen the Father (John 6:46), then they were seeing God Almighty, but not the Father. It was someone else in the Godhead. Scripture suggest that they were seeing the Word before He became incarnate. In other words, they were seeing Jesus.

Therefore, Almighty God was seen, but not the Father. It was Jesus before His incarnation. There is more than one person in the Godhead and according to scripture then doctrine of the Trinity must be true.

yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185709 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has seen or heard the voice of Allah, the LORD Almighty God, but many do speak to God. However, God does not talk back.
Remember Jesus also spoke a lot but you don't see God talking back to Jesus? Right?
rabbee: have you not read about, the one incident on The-Hill?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185710 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being silly and clueless.
The verse shows that the pagans were the ones, who hindered people from Allah's ways,
That what El Cid was saying you stupid idiot, he said they weren't killing Muslims but merely oppressing them by keeping them out of the Kaaba. I even had to tell you what he was clearly saying after he clearly told you and your cross eyed mind still doesn't get it. What ails you? And they SHOULD have kept Muslims out of the Kaaba, based on how the first thing that mister no compulsion in religion did was to smash all of their statues as soon as he could. They were idiots for making any treaty at all with Muhammad, as Muhammad had no intention whatsoever to keep that treaty with them one second longer than he had to and all he was doing was to lull them into a false sense of security to buy time to build up his army.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
denied Allah, hindered the Muslims from entering the Sacred Mosque and kicked them out.
I thought you had at least an ounce (16 grams) of brain.
Why don't you ask El Cid what he meant the first time? It was crystal clear you cross eyed moron. Who would ever say that Muslims were keeping Muslims out of the Kaaba? Where is your common sense?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The post showed as if Muslims were hindering the pagans. That is hilarious.
No, what is hilarious is that you can't even read a very clear post correctly. How come I understood what he meant the very first time I read it? Again, what ails your head? It's not rocket science. Why are Muslims so often so thick and easily confused?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185711 Aug 18, 2013
there is probably a good reason this whole world is not happening, to any of the specifications of your delusional satisfactions.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#185712 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has seen or heard the voice of Allah, the LORD Almighty God, but many do speak to God. However, God does not talk back.
Remember Jesus also spoke a lot but you don't see God talking back to Jesus? Right?
No one has seen or heard the voice of Allah the Muslim god, because the Muslim god Allah does not exist!

Muhammad fabricated the use of the word Allah from his worship of the pagan moon god called Allah.

God is a Trinity, and Jesus is God Almighty the one seen and heard, and talked about in the OT and NT.

John 6:45
Context

Jesus the Bread of Life
…45"It is written in the prophets,'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me. 46"Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father. 47"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.…
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185713 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The question 'what good did Jesus' miracles do?" was asked because his mission was finally unsuccessful and flopped.
This is now the 4th time I have had to repeat this for your thick head. Read below and tell me how you could possibly think that this all was not God's will. READ IT this time. How can God carrying out his will ever be looked at as a failure? I'll put the relevant parts in all CAPS for you so that you will see it this time.

21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and ON THE THIRD DAY WILL BE RAISED TO LIFE.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.“Never, Lord!” he said.“This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter,“Get behind me, Satan! YOU ARE A STUMBLING BLOCK TO ME; YOU DO NOT HAVE IN MIND THE CONCERNS OF GOD, BUT MERELY HUMAN CONCERNS.

Now tell me how your cross eyed mind could possibly consider this some sort of failure? I can't even begin to imagine how you reason. Why do Muslims have such a hard time with even the most simplistic forms of reasoning?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185714 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting questions arise here:
Did the pagans perform Hajj by going to the plains of Arafat?
Did they stay there whole day?
Did they go to Muzdalfa and Mina?
Did they offer any animals for sacrifice there?
What do the ignorant fools at www.bible.ca have to say about this?
Who cares if Muhammad added a few things to it, the Kaaba, Black Stone and the Jinn all had pagan origins. Muhammad just made up a stupid story about Abraham giving significance to the Kaaba, Black Stone or the Jinn. The significance of these things are nowhere to be found in Judaism at all. So Muhammad had to make up another lie by saying those parts of the scriptures that gave these things significance got lost. This guy was willing to make up whatever lie he needed to. The only lie he couldn't make up was scriptures from the descendants of Ishmael because there were no scriptures from them. So he had to hijack the scriptures from the Jews to use as his platform and basis for his phony religion, and then charge them with corruption to make his stories work and explain why none of this pagan nonsense can be found anywhere in the Jewish scriptures.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185715 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker, if you have an ounce of brain, then you can see that you talk through translations in English and there are many translations.
Your problem is that you cherry-pick a translation and insist on sticking only to a word of your choice and that is silly.
I dare not re-write the verses of Qur'aan but I can try to translate better.
An example, this part of 2:93
Translation by Shakir:
"And when We made a covenant with you and raised the mountain over you: Take hold of what We have given you with firmness and be obedient."
Now, most polemic clueless fools, who have no knowledge of Arabic will ask if the mountain was pulled out from the ground and was dangling over people's head?
Well I never would, so I have no idea of what you are talking about. And we were talking about the Quran itself saying that it replaces verses, but replaces them with ones that are better. That is abrogation, and the Quran even acknowledges this. And the only reason there needed to be abrogation and the Quran needed to be revealed over the course of 23 years was because it was Muhammad himself making these Suras up and he couldn't have known in advance how his circumstances would change.

Just look at Sura 66. What the heck is that even doing in the Quran? It was Muhammad dealing with a personal matter of his and then creating a Sura to make it look like God was sanctioning his behavior and giving him permission. It's so obvious. There was no instructions for mankind in that Sura at all, it was Muhammad using a made up Sura to deal with a personal problem he was having and using his Allah hand puppet to give it false authority.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185716 Aug 18, 2013
there shall never be any peace, to all those who have been warring against The-Prince of Peace G-D sent to you. just because it is not your turn in the barrel yet, like syria and egypt. does not mean, it is not going to happen to you also.

this whole world that does not have, any real safety or security, does not deserve any safety and security from G-D.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185717 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please do not tell us lies.
Millions were killed in the name of the man Jesus.
All you have to do is show us the verses that told them to do these things and you're all set. Of course, I'll be waiting forever for you to do this and you will merely pretend that you never even read this post.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185718 Aug 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: do you even know the order, in which This Story is all happening from G-D.
I think you need to ask yourself that first.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185719 Aug 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: why did not G-D, put in the vowel marks in TheTorah? it is not like, there is not any room for them. so no it is not a method by G-D, to conserve space. there has to be another reason, why G-D would eliminate, past, present, and future tense in TheTorah.
Another post to yourself, psychopath? Maybe you have three different people in your head all posting as the same user.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#185720 Aug 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if Muhammad added a few things to it, the Kaaba, Black Stone and the Jinn all had pagan origins. Muhammad just made up a stupid story about Abraham giving significance to the Kaaba, Black Stone or the Jinn. The significance of these things are nowhere to be found in Judaism at all. So Muhammad had to make up another lie by saying those parts of the scriptures that gave these things significance got lost. This guy was willing to make up whatever lie he needed to. The only lie he couldn't make up was scriptures from the descendants of Ishmael because there were no scriptures from them. So he had to hijack the scriptures from the Jews to use as his platform and basis for his phony religion, and then charge them with corruption to make his stories work and explain why none of this pagan nonsense can be found anywhere in the Jewish scriptures.
Initially, Mohammad had his followers pray toward Jerusalem. This was to curry favor with the local Jews who had serious reservations about Mohammad's claim that he was just like Moses, only better. Once the "prophet of prophets" realized that he wasn't going to "win" the Jews over to his grand delusion, he turned on them with a vengeance and also turned his idiot followers around. Henceforth they would face The Cube and its Black Stone (former idol) when praying, and embrace all of its paganistic rituals, now sanctified by Mohammad's say so, because, after all, Adam also ran between the mountains and threw stones at the devil, I mean, the serpent, or something...
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185721 Aug 18, 2013
regardless what any of your, delusions tell you. The Appointed as HaMosheeach, shall not be any different than before. it shall still be adam and his potential true mate, anointed by G-D.

as you all may have robbed, yourselves and your grandmother for another chance. for at no time, has the world and their grandmother, been given beyond the third or fourth chance.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185722 Aug 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. That we agreed very early that we should first list out all the qualities of person mentioned in that prophesy and then match it with the intended person.
You are just writing and rewriting that thing again and again.
If you do not accept the fact that if one important quality of the prophecy is not met then there is no reason to consider any other qualities any further, then this conversation cannot and will not continue. You can't bend the rules of logic to make things into what you need them to be.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
02. What Miracles were shown by Moses and Jesus are present only in the books. Books that were written by no eyewitnesses, but based on hearsay most of the time.
Have you read the Quran and the miracles it talks about?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The miracle shown by our prophet is still present in the world and every one in the world can see it!!
And that living Miracle is Quran!!, the like of which no human has been able to bring in past 1400 years!!
The Quran is one of the most boring, repetitive and shallow books that I have ever read, and it contains clear and obvious blunders about the cosmos that the creator of the universe would never make but just so happen to match the errant ideas of the cosmos that 7th century Bedouins had. How you can call that book a miracle is simply beyond me. You calling the Quran a miracle, is far more of a miracle than the Quran itself.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose miracles are greater then? Moses' or Jesus' or our prophet?
Moses' and Jesus'.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
PS:
Good news for you, I have come back to Saudi Arabia and will start posting prophesies regarding our prophet from both OT and NT books.
We will see , how clear and unambiguous are they as compared to those "howlers" you quoted regarding Jesus from Isaiah 9:6 (A child is born to us"….and Isaiah 7:14 ( Emmanuel, Emmanuel!!)
That is not good news and I have already told you that I have no more patience left and no interest in pursuing that topic any further. You had plenty of time and plenty of posts and I was far more patient than anybody should be expected to be, but your time is up.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185723 Aug 18, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Initially, Mohammad had his followers pray toward Jerusalem. This was to curry favor with the local Jews who had serious reservations about Mohammad's claim that he was just like Moses, only better. Once the "prophet of prophets" realized that he wasn't going to "win" the Jews over to his grand delusion, he turned on them with a vengeance and also turned his idiot followers around. Henceforth they would face The Cube and its Black Stone (former idol) when praying, and embrace all of its paganistic rituals, now sanctified by Mohammad's say so, because, after all, Adam also ran between the mountains and threw stones at the devil, I mean, the serpent, or something...
Yes, and how did Muhammad explain this clear phony reversal and oddity? Allah is testing them. Are you frickin kidding me? This guy was not a very good liar.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185724 Aug 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
regardless what any of your, delusions tell you.
Would you please stop talking to yourself in the mirror and please just shut up? Thank you. Nobody cares about anything you have to say, nor should they. You are nothing but a lunatic with a bullhorn that found a captive audience because nobody in the real world listens to a single thing that you say. Well, nobody here takes you seriously either.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185725 Aug 18, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>now sanctified by Mohammad's say so,
Correction. Muhammad didn't say so, his Allah hand puppet said so. Muhammad was nothing but a humble messenger, and it was his Allah hand puppet that had all of the power and authority. And his Allah hand puppet couldn't come up with all of the revelations right from the beginning, and instead could only reveal them right before Muhammad needed justification and authority to do something that he wanted to do as his circumstances continually changed.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185726 Aug 18, 2013
Get Real wrote:
How many patents are issued to people in Muslim countries?
Where are the medical schools or the great universities?
What do Muslims under Muslim rule invent or produce?
Islam is a backwater, in dire need of a Reformation.
But the problem is that it didn't just deal with matters of God and the soul, it dealt very specifically with law and politics as well. So it can't be reformed without clearly going against the Quran. It can only be exposed for what it really is. That is the only solution possible. But even that doesn't seem possible because you can show Muslims the clearest error possible and put it in the clearest terms possible, and they will merely go into zombie hypnosis mode. They believe that if there is a clear error, then it MUST be them misinterpreting it, so the Quran will always get a free pass in their mind. The Quran cannot be wrong about anything because they themselves set it up that way. So it's impossible to reason with people like that. The lights are on, but nobody's home.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185727 Aug 18, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Are you stupid, or what?
Did you really need to ask BMZ that question when you already know the answer? LOL!!! Look at how he couldn't even read your post correctly where you mentioned the pagans not killing Muslims but merely preventing them from accessing the Kaaba. He still thinks you were saying that Muslims were preventing other Muslims from entering the Kaaba even after I had to explain to him what you meant. It takes a special "touched" mind to interpret what you clearly said the way he interpreted it. If I didn't know better, I would swear he was drunk. I wish he was because then at least he would have an excuse. And then the funniest part is to watch Jihad Joe, who has the spelling abilities and education level of a third grader, come by and glorify BMZ and tell him how sharp he is. Seems like most Muslims participate in the Special Olympics of IQ.

I just don't understand why Muslims are so consistently stupid. But as I always say, it can't be a genetic thing so it must be an Islamic thing. Maybe it's because they just can't take their nose out of the Quran and get themselves a decent education. Is it any wonder why the Muslim world is such a mess and they are so far behind the rest of the world? And then they are so stupid that they actually glorify and revel in the stupid philosophy that holds them back and traps their minds. And even worse, they go to the west and lie to themselves that they actually have something to offer the west and can fix it, when they can't even fix their own hell holes and that's why they move to the west in the first place. The reasoning skills, or lack thereof are simply mind boggling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE