Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256284 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#185802 Aug 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Scripture" means writings that are holy or inspired by God. Only the OT fits this, not the Koran or NT. Jesus is not the Messiah, he is the modern day idol of Israel and is prophesied as that in the scriptures. He fulfilled no messianic prophecy but he did try. The Lord is one (Deut. 6:4), God does not have a biological son except for Adam.
Susan,

But the OT is a forged copy. The Latin Vulgate was written for this very purpose to show Jesus as the Messiah by forging the verses and filling it up with dubious words. OT is avery poor copy of the Jewish Holy Scriptures.

Have you read the Tanakh? If you read it, you will surely find it better than OT, Susan. Trust me!

Thanks

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#185803 Aug 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Scripture" means writings that are holy or inspired by God. Only the OT fits this, not the Koran or NT. Jesus is not the Messiah, he is the modern day idol of Israel and is prophesied as that in the scriptures. He fulfilled no messianic prophecy but he did try. The Lord is one (Deut. 6:4), God does not have a biological son except for Adam.
Hi, Susan. I have nothing against you, I just think you are totally deluded, or, as they say, out of this world.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185804 Aug 19, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>You do not understand the scriptures, and you do not know the power of God.
I'm really not so sure how you can claim with such certainty that YOU DO. Obviously, you have ideas and interpretations, and so do I. But where does this "authoritative" attitude come from?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185805 Aug 19, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
You DO know that others can quote scripture, too, don't you? And they don't have to be Christians. Everything you and shamma have said is so off-base that it isn't even funny.
I didn't see where you answered my question. Why didn't they put the end part of that verse in English when the rest of the page is all translated into English?
bmz

Location hidden

#185806 Aug 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
John 17:1-6
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Prays to Be Glorified

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples
6 “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.
Off-topic again, Shamma

What has this got to do with what I said?

I had written:

"If I introduce my son to you, saying, "Here is my son", it means I am talking to you, not to my son.

If I introduce my son by saying, "Son, this is clueless Mr. El Cid, I was talking about", only then you can say that I was talking to my son."

The LORD does not glorify anyone and dose not give His Glory to anyone.

"Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you." is an emotional blackmail. The sentence is conditional and means if the father did not glorify, then the son would not reciprocate. That is silly. I don't believe that.

And what had the Son really done for the Father that he wanted to be glorified?

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185807 Aug 19, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Susan. I have nothing against you, I just think you are totally deluded, or, as they say, out of this world.
This is pretty funny. You say I have nothing against you, and then you basically give her a back handed slap. At least I am very straight forward and I say what I mean and I mean what I say.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185808 Aug 19, 2013
My spidey sense is starting to tingle. Someone in here "might" be wearing a mask. Not sure who yet, but I have some ideas.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#185809 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The name can mean salvation but that does make the man the Savior.
My name in Arabic also means salvation and savior but that does not mean I am Salvation or the Savior.
God provided salvation for the Hebrew and other slaves through Moses. So, you cannot say that Moses was Jesus also.
God provided salvation for Lot through Abraham, when Lot was in trouble. Abraham rushed to his nephew's help, fought for him and saved him. So, Abraham was not Jesus.
Joshua, the deputy of Moses, knew the meaning of his name well but he did not consider himself the Savior or Salvation of the Hebrews.
You make a very poor case.
Case dismissed!
Your name BMZ.
Means you are a warrior that belongs to Muhammad.

There is nothing godly about the religion of Muslims.
Every where in the world Muslims express them self as being wild evil savage dogs.

Its in the Quran!
Jihad means to struggle [fight] against those that don't accept the Muslim Allah god and his messenger Muhammad.

Muslims murder innocent people in their struggle against those that reject the Muslim Allah god and his messenger Muhammad.
There is nothing godly about that, that means salvation from sin Muslim.

That is the mind set of wild evil savage dogs!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185810 Aug 19, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>Everything you and shamma have said is so off-base that it isn't even funny.
Can you give me an example of something that I have said that is off base? Shamma and I are not the same person.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185811 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
"If I introduce my son to you, saying, "Here is my son", it means I am talking to you, not to my son.
Oh, so I guess this means that God talked to others, but never his son. OK. Makes sense.
bmz

Location hidden

#185812 Aug 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it doesn't say EXACTLY what you demand, but I must say that this verse is pretty odd.
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1009.htm

Isaiah 9:5 For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom;

This is from a Jewish source where everything is translated into English. Except, as you will notice, not the end of this verse where they refused to actually write the end part in English, while the rest of the page is all in English. That would seem odd, wouldn't it? Why would they do that?
In olden days, they used to have such long names.

The boy Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom never told his playmates that he was the Wonderful counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, who called him the prince of peace.

Isaiah, Ahaz and the lady never declared that their son was the Wonderful counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, who called him the prince of peace.

Another interesting name was: "Maher-shalal-hash-baz ", which means something like "He rushed up to gain spoils" or "He hurried to get spoils".

It is absurd to find Jesus in somebody's Hebrew name.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185813 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
"Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you." is an emotional blackmail. The sentence is conditional and means if the father did not glorify, then the son would not reciprocate. That is silly.
I'll tell you what is silly. Your reasoning abilities. They are completely twisted. It meant for God to give power and glory to Jesus so that Jesus may glorify the Father in front of people with wondrous statements and acts. What it really means to me, is God doing things THROUGH Jesus so that people can see a tangible form of God and may glorify God.

I have explained this before. If one is completely sinless and has only 100% the will of God in mind rather than his own will, then it is God acting THROUGH this person and this person can then be said to be a physical manifestation of God because it is not him doing and saying the things that he is doing and saying, it is God saying and doing these things through the physical form of a human. God did not leave heaven to live on earth, he acted THROUGH a human to manifest himself in a tangible way to people.

This is how it can be said that technically speaking, Jesus was God, but also the Son of God, but also no one is greater than the Father. This is the only way that three seemingly contradictory statements can actually make sense, and they DO make perfect sense when someone views these statements through this lens. That doesn't mean I am proven right, but my interpretation works with every single verse you can come up with, so that is usually a good indication that one is on the right track to understanding them.
bmz

Location hidden

#185814 Aug 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so I guess this means that God talked to others, but never his son. OK. Makes sense.
Thanks, Seeker.

Hope Buford gets it too.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#185815 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, CTBT
Shamma and other false Christians know very well that it could not be true. The scripture has nothing in it saying Jesus is God or the Savior or that God is a trinity.
If Jesus were God or if God were Jesus, it would not have taken either more than a few seconds to say, "I am God". Also, if God were truly triune, the three would have appeared on the Mount together and Peter would have still offered to put up a big tent instead of three.
What the false Christians here do not understand is that if Jesus were God and if he were triune, the disciples would have taught and preached that from day one. It would not have taken foreigners 400-500 years to come up with the alleged Trinity.
The Trinity is biblical.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.htm...

http://www.monergism.com/directory/link_categ...
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#185816 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
Jesus' mother was a Jew and would have given Him a Hebrew name.

Jesus' Hebrew name was &#8207;&#1497;&#14 56;&#1492;&#1493;& #1465;&#1513;&#1467; &#1473;&#1506;&#14 63; (y&#7497;hôšua&#703;) &#8200;[of which &#8207;&#1497;&#14 61;&#1513;&#1473;& #1493;&#1468;&#1506; &#1463;&#8206; (y&#275;šûa&#703; = is the Anglicized version) is a later form], of which &#7992;&#951;&#963 ;&#959;&#8166;&#96 2; (I&#275;sous) is the Greek version; Joshua is the English rendering in the OT and Jesus is the English rendering in the NT.

He had a Hebrew name, an Aramaic name, and a Greek name &#8213; depending on the language used to speak to him or to speak about him.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185817 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In olden days, they used to have such long names.
The boy Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom never told his playmates that he was the Wonderful counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, who called him the prince of peace.
Didn't I ask why they didn't put that specific part and only that part into English when they put the rest of the page into English? Why would they do that?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah, Ahaz and the lady never declared that their son was the Wonderful counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, who called him the prince of peace.
You twisted the verse and tried to make it look like God was calling him these things. It says he shall be called those things, and that is what Christians call him. It doesn't say anything about God calling him that or specific people calling him that.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another interesting name was: "Maher-shalal-hash-baz ", which means something like "He rushed up to gain spoils" or "He hurried to get spoils".
Why are you changing the subject to something else?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185818 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but through Gabriel.
Did God ever speak to Jesus? Mind you I said TO Jesus.
rabbee: can't even get, the name Gabreeel right more or less Yeshooah. when even the alleged as apostles, were not sure WHO were THOSE, glowing Figures Yeshooah was talking to on the hill.

your using fake names, sure does not encourage anyone that you are telling the truth through someone else's lies. and i have a problem, with alleged angels who don't actually identify themselves. and leave people, to only to assume who they are. it's too easy for someone to be visited by hasatan, baal hamolech, or halooseefer and only claim it was gabreeel.

and there are more than just a few years, of Yeshooah's life that we don't know about. so it would be foolish, to even claim that G-D never visited HIM. and i get suspicious when people, only get one visit from an angel and no follow up or debriefing visits.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#185819 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
Apparently this site does not accept other languages.

Jesus' Hebrew name would have been yehoshua) or translated (Joshua), which means YAHWEH is salvation.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185820 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Seeker.
Hope Buford gets it too.
I was ridiculing you and being sarcastic. Why are you always so clueless?
Chaste Indian

Delhi, India

#185821 Aug 19, 2013
Allah is a human trafficker!

The supplier of 72 Virgins!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug 14 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug 7 Trump Rules Zippy 9
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul '17 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul '17 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun '17 just sayin 3
More from around the web