Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Bryant

Windsor, CT

#185678 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to save my time and in order to relieve you of a great burden that I have put upon you, I write to declare on your behalf that since God is not born, Jesus is therefore NOT God, because as a Christian you claim to be fiercely monotheistic. lol!
What makes you think YOU have put a great burden on me? LOL

Christians are fiercely monotheistic. Monotheists believe in only one God and that is what we believe.

The Word of God is God and the Word took on human nature (Jesus) while still remaining fully God in essence.

You can see from Scriptures that the Holy Spirit is God. Does that make two Gods? No, there is only one.

See Acts 5.

The answer is in front of your face, but you cannot see and you cannot see because your Allah could not see. You are similar to the Pharisees of Jesus' day.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185679 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
Shamma,
Is Jesus the Father in heaven?
rabbee: no! the alleged as jesus, is the father and mother of everyone on earth. that has always been murdered, by the lies of this whole world. all of your lies today, reach well beyond the today in TheTorah.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#185680 Aug 18, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think Abraham had a vision of the LORD. Where is that in the text?
Read the text again.
Now if YHWH wasn't one of the three men then we would expect to find that all three men went ahead to Sodom. But this is not what we find since the very next chapter says:
"The TWO angels came to Sodom in the evening; and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and bowed himself with his face to the earth, and said,'My lords, turn aside, I pray you, to your servant's house and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise up early and go on your way.' They said,'No; we will spend the night in the street.' But he urged them strongly; so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he made them a feast, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate." Genesis 19:1-3 RSV
Only two men show up at Sodom, which the text identifies as two angels. Where was the third man? You guessed it, the third man had remained behind to talk to Abraham since that man was actually Yahweh God who had appeared with the other two!
"According to the Talmud (b. Bava Messia 86b), God himself was paying Abraham a personal sick call, checking on him after the ordeal of circumcision. Here is the expanded translation of Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz. We read that Abraham went out
and saw the Holy One, blessed be He, standing at the door of his tent, as the verse says,'And the Lord appeared to him by the terebinths of Mamre.' This is what the verse is referring to when it says (Gen 18:3):'And he said, "O Lord, if now I have found favor in Your sight, do not, I pray you, pass by Your servant."' In this verse Abraham was speaking to God himself (and so addressed Him as Lord and referred to himself as His servant.) When God saw that Abraham was busy tying and untying the bandages of his circumcision, He said to Himself,'It is not fitting that I stay here while Abraham is taking care of His wound.' He was about to remove His presence when Abraham pleaded with Him to stay a little longer. And this is also what the verse refers to when it says (Genesis 18:2):'And he raised his eyes and looked, and, behold, three men stood by him; and when he saw them, he ran to meet them.'
It is very simple.

Read this:

"Now the Lord appeared to him in the plains of Mamre, and he was sitting at the entrance of the tent when the day was hot.

And he lifted his eyes and saw, and behold, three men were standing beside him, and he saw and he ran toward them from the entrance of the tent, and he prostrated himself to the ground.

And he said, "My lords, if only I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass on from beside your servant."

By the time of this vision, Abraham's dick had already healed, so please don't talk about his circumcision and bloodied dick and bandages. This was a long time ago.

It does not say that the LORD appeared to Abraham in the form of a man. So that false information gets debunked.

The LORD appeared does not mean that the LORD appeared to him in a vision. It does not mean that the LORD came and stood by his tent.

Please spare me the quotes from Rabbis and scholars. I am talking about the text and do not want to know others' opinions.

If two men reached, it means the third had vanished. The third was not God.
Redneck Reb

United States

#185681 Aug 18, 2013
Star of Bethlehem Proof of the Messiah ....Why would Wise Men from the East have to come and tell the Jews of their KING, Their Messiah being Born?

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/OCM/packages/bethstar....

Learn More!

Further Proof that the Pharisees were Dead Men Walking!!!!
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#185682 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very simple.
Read this:
"Now the Lord appeared to him in the plains of Mamre, and he was sitting at the entrance of the tent when the day was hot.
And he lifted his eyes and saw, and behold, three men were standing beside him, and he saw and he ran toward them from the entrance of the tent, and he prostrated himself to the ground.
And he said, "My lords, if only I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass on from beside your servant."
By the time of this vision, Abraham's dick had already healed, so please don't talk about his circumcision and bloodied dick and bandages. This was a long time ago.
It does not say that the LORD appeared to Abraham in the form of a man. So that false information gets debunked.
The LORD appeared does not mean that the LORD appeared to him in a vision. It does not mean that the LORD came and stood by his tent.
Please spare me the quotes from Rabbis and scholars. I am talking about the text and do not want to know others' opinions.
If two men reached, it means the third had vanished. The third was not God.
You are wrong and I do not appreciate your offensive language. Do you use this type of language when you know you have made a mistake and can't admit it. Shame on you!

Open your eyes.

The LORD appeared to Abraham; He came in the form of a man.

The angels also came in the form of a man.

The third did not vanish. There was a lot of conversation going on, including the fact that Sarah would have a child by Abraham.

Have a nice day.
bmz

Location hidden

#185683 Aug 18, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think YOU have put a great burden on me? LOL
Christians are fiercely monotheistic. Monotheists believe in only one God and that is what we believe.
The Word of God is God and the Word took on human nature (Jesus) while still remaining fully God in essence.
You can see from Scriptures that the Holy Spirit is God. Does that make two Gods? No, there is only one.
See Acts 5.
The answer is in front of your face, but you cannot see and you cannot see because your Allah could not see. You are similar to the Pharisees of Jesus' day.
My dear friend, fiercely monotheistic Christians will declare straight away , "Jesus is not God."

I can see you are having a big problem.

That, in the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word became God", is a 15th Century forgery. Trust me!

Please read the first English translation of the Bible by John Wycliffe in the 14th Century and you will be shocked!

He translated it as:

" "1 In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.

2 This was in the bigynnyng at God.""

No Word at all in above! So, it was all about God in the beginning. Nothing existed as a Word besides God.

And see how it was distorted and misreported in the modified translation of Wycliffe's Bible:

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]"

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Do you notice the added translation within brackets?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185684 Aug 18, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat Christians are fiercedly monotheistic. We believe in one God and one God only.
Jesus of Nazareth did not exist as a man before He was born. YHWH is eternal and the one God. YHWH came to us in the human body of Jesus of Nazareth. The Word of God is eternal. He spoke and things happened. The Christ is the incarnate Word of YHWH, making Jesus of Nazareth both human and divine. There is only one God; He expresses Himself and Creates through His Word; His Spirit is eternal. The Spirit of God is God. We do not believe in three God's, but only one.
And this is not the first time God came to mankind; He came to Abraham in the form of a man, but only temporarily; with Jesus of Nazareth it is permanent.
rabbee: the alleged as christians, are too diverse to be considered as one group. it would be improper, for you to speak on the behalf of all alleged as christianity.

nor do i necessarily agree, that the alleged as christians today. worship the same G-D as the alleged as jesus did. or that the scriptures they have, are of the original intent. making it impossible for anyone today, to speak on the behalf of G-D, or the alleged as jesus. nor do i believe that any other religion, has the right to speak for G-D or jesus, because of the corruption of all their own texts in this matter.
bmz

Location hidden

#185685 Aug 18, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
Star of Bethlehem Proof of the Messiah ....Why would Wise Men from the East have to come and tell the Jews of their KING, Their Messiah being Born?
http://newsinfo.iu.edu/OCM/packages/bethstar....
Learn More!
Further Proof that the Pharisees were Dead Men Walking!!!!
Good question.

Jupiter and Venus had seemed almost to touch each other in June 2007 in close conjunction, also in Leo.

I had watched that too.

Here an interesting question arises: Were the wise men from the East, also Jews, who were waiting for the Messiah? 
bmz

Location hidden

#185686 Aug 18, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong and I do not appreciate your offensive language. Do you use this type of language when you know you have made a mistake and can't admit it. Shame on you!
Open your eyes.
The LORD appeared to Abraham; He came in the form of a man.
The angels also came in the form of a man.
The third did not vanish. There was a lot of conversation going on, including the fact that Sarah would have a child by Abraham.
Have a nice day.
The LORD did not come in the human form, Bryant. You have no proof of that.

Yes, the three men were angels, who came as men. No argument about this.

Good day to you too.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185687 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me make it easy for you.
Is Jesus God?
rabbee: anyone claiming to be, The Only Begotten Son of G-D. is claiming to be G-D'S Son Adam aka YHVH or adam YH because the VH part ran away again with mr lizard lips.

so do not tell me, that any of you are innocent of this guilt. we do not want your sins, please quit giving them to each other and your grandmother, to give to me.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185688 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you came all the way for?
I am very busy here refuting the trinitarian Christianity, so you get some others to talk to Sarah.
Take for example the country that I live in. We are loaded and we make others work. So, we do not have to invent any thing.
We order and pay. The others deliver.
It is true that Muslims did not invent anything in modern times. Now, you work hard for us for you are our manufacturers and suppliers.
Do you think it was Christianity that led to inventions and Science? If you do, then please correct yourself.
rabbee: well not everybody suffers, from the exact same delusion. since delusions tend to be more, the colloquial standard in nature. it is not that hard today, to find a talking lion claiming to be an innocent tweety bird.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#185689 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The LORD did not come in the human form, Bryant. You have no proof of that.
Yes, the three men were angels, who came as men. No argument about this.
Good day to you too.
There were 3 men who came to Abraham. One was the LORD,

If angels can come in the form of a man, so can God.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185690 Aug 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. That we agreed very early that we should first list out all the qualities of person mentioned in that prophesy and then match it with the intended person.
You are just writing and rewriting that thing again and again.
02. What Miracles were shown by Moses and Jesus are present only in the books. Books that were written by no eyewitnesses, but based on hearsay most of the time.
The miracle shown by our prophet is still present in the world and every one in the world can see it!!
And that living Miracle is Quran!!, the like of which no human has been able to bring in past 1400 years!!
Whose miracles are greater then? Moses' or Jesus' or our prophet?
PS:
Good news for you, I have come back to Saudi Arabia and will start posting prophesies regarding our prophet from both OT and NT books.
We will see , how clear and unambiguous are they as compared to those "howlers" you quoted regarding Jesus from Isaiah 9:6 (A child is born to us"….and Isaiah 7:14 ( Emmanuel, Emmanuel!!)
rabbee: where can you find, a better eye witness than G-D? TheG-D WHO wrote The Whole Torah and about a half again given to Moshe. which is the history, of the whole world rejecting G-D. and is not going to change, for this whole world rejecting G-D here in TheTorah again.

your all only using your mental magic, from the subtle beasts of the fields to pretend like you are not here in IT again. i can already tell you how this story ends, when G-D returns from TheDay of Rest again. i do not believe, there is any way we can all escape the final judgment now. your not being here in TheTorah, is not funny to G-D. G-D has always nearly destroyed this world with the flood, with the result of your not here in TheTorah stupidity.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#185691 Aug 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
Shamma,
Is Jesus the Father in heaven?
No!
Jesus is the second person of the Holy Trinity.God the Father has not been seen by anyone, except Jesus.
Not even the angels have seen God the Father.
You have not studied the Torah, nor the NT Gospels and are not familiar with the teachings of the the Torah and the Gospels.
Since no one has seen God the Father, that means that Gabriel has not seen God the Father either.
God Almighty is the Lord Jesus Christ.
God the Father sent Jesus into the world to make the Father known.
The Spirit of Jesus which is of God the Father became incarnate, took on human flesh from Mary, the virgin, and became God-Man for our purpose of Salvation.
God the Father is not a human being.
God the Father is Spirit, and cannot be seen or known by man.

This not being known to Muhammad, Muhammad fabricated Allah in the Quran as being God.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185692 Aug 18, 2013
i do not see any reason why this whole world takes more pride, in being more wrong than the jews other than vanity.

sure the jews are all wrong, but you are all even more normally loopy.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185693 Aug 18, 2013
the multitudes could not even wait to get to mt seeanee, to start their rebelling against G-D and Moshe. they were rebelling against G-D and Moshe, even before they got to the sea of reeds. they did not do any better at mt seeanee, or afterwards.

the multitudes tried, very hard to not be true to G-D and Moshe. they have tradition, in this regard even unto today. and you all act as if the jews, not being true to G-D is not enough.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185694 Aug 18, 2013
and jews try to even give some delusion, of how innocent they all were for the holocaust. and that G-D had them put to death, because jews are so pretend innocent. which is no where near, the way G-D came and told this to me. G-D was still upset with them, when THEY THE BOTH came to speak to me about the woman. and was not exactly happy, with the whole world either. no matter what your delusion is that G-D is not angry at this whole world and your grandmother just again. when even i barely made it under the wire., with very little time left for the rest of this world. before G-D takes off for The Day of Rest again.
bmz

Location hidden

#185695 Aug 18, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
There were 3 men who came to Abraham. One was the LORD,
If angels can come in the form of a man, so can God.
No, Bryant.

The scriptures do not say that God came down to earth in the form of a man. So, we have to rule it out without a second thought.
bmz

Location hidden

#185696 Aug 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No!
Jesus is the second person of the Holy Trinity.God the Father has not been seen by anyone, except Jesus.
Not even the angels have seen God the Father.
You have not studied the Torah, nor the NT Gospels and are not familiar with the teachings of the the Torah and the Gospels.
Since no one has seen God the Father, that means that Gabriel has not seen God the Father either.
God Almighty is the Lord Jesus Christ.
God the Father sent Jesus into the world to make the Father known.
The Spirit of Jesus which is of God the Father became incarnate, took on human flesh from Mary, the virgin, and became God-Man for our purpose of Salvation.
God the Father is not a human being.
God the Father is Spirit, and cannot be seen or known by man.
This not being known to Muhammad, Muhammad fabricated Allah in the Quran as being God.
Shamma,

You already know that the Trinity is a hoax and a big lie. Trinity was only concocted in the 6th Century.

Jesus is not on record for teaching or preaching the Trinity abomination and absurdity. If the so-called Trinity were true, people would not have quarreled for 4 plus centuries. It would have been declared by Jesus in his life time.

Only Gabriel, angels, Adam, Eve and satan have seen God but no other man has seen God.
bmz

Location hidden

#185697 Aug 18, 2013
@ Rabbee

Is there any sign of the Christian Trinity in your theTorah, Rabbee? Please advise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 19 hr John 4,952
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May 27 John 14,736
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) May 26 Tete Rouge 119
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr '17 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr '17 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb '17 Not a modern Chri... 15
More from around the web