Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253878 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184477 Aug 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you rabbee!
You have no moral consciences.
You are obsessed with lying!
Yourself righteousness ego rabbee is larger than your brain.
You blasphemy God rather than honor God!
rabbee: may G-D help those, before they have your or seekers alleged as moral conscience.
sucipto

Bremen, Germany

#184478 Aug 6, 2013
I´m an ex Moslem and I´m telling you that Allah is NOT the God who create the Universe.
sucipto

Bremen, Germany

#184479 Aug 6, 2013
Allah don´t remember who´s the first Moslem ?

(QS 6:14): Muhammad is the first Moslem ?

(QS 7:143): Moses is the first Moslem ?

(QS 26:51): Some Egyptians ??

(QS 2:127-133): Abraham is the first Moslem ??

(QS 2:37): Adam is the first Moslem ??
sucipto

Bremen, Germany

#184480 Aug 6, 2013
Allah praying for Mohammed ???

(QS 33:56):

Allah and His Angels PRAY for the Prophet : O ye that believe pray for him and Salute him with all respects.

Allah, the God Almighty praying to who ???

Praying to Jesus ??

Praying to Budha ??

Praying to Krisna ??

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#184481 Aug 6, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am curious as to what Norfolk, Va. under your user name means??
Please do not be offended, but I prefer not to discuss anything personal, but would like to offer my viewpoint from time to time. Thank you. In order to prevent any confusion, I will probably eliminate that.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#184482 Aug 6, 2013
I just did.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#184483 Aug 6, 2013
http://www.gotquestions.org/light-first-sun-f...

Question: "How could there be light on the first day of Creation if the sun was not created until the fourth day?"

Answer: The question of how there could be light on the first day of Creation when the sun was not created until the fourth day is a common one. Genesis 1:3-5 declares, "And God said,'Let there be light,' and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. God called the light 'day,' and the darkness He called 'night.' And there was evening, and there was morning — the first day." A few verses later we are informed, "And God said,'Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth.' And it was so. God made two great lights — the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning — the fourth day" (Genesis 1:14-19). How can this be? How could there be light, mornings and evenings on the first, second, and third days if the sun, moon, and stars were not created until the fourth day?
MUQ

Delhi, India

#184484 Aug 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
And I answered you with the same answer I have been giving time and time again. It doesn't matter what situation we are speaking of, or who we are speaking of, my answer is consistently the same.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
My Next question is, Advent of our prophet, was a major event in the world.
It did affect both Jews and Christians and had a major impact on both the religions.
What I am asking you is what Bible has to say about our prophet?
Before I start my arguments, I want to know your position on this subject.
You already know my position. It has NOTHING to say about him.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Bible has NOTHING to say about our prophet?
Correct.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How come it neglected such a major event in the world history? Compared to rise of Islam, Communism and WW-1 and WW-2 were minor events?
Why should the Bible talk about a false prophet? I don't think the Bible talked about Napoleon or Hitler either. I never even claimed that the Bible talked about WW1 or WW2.
Ans.

I feel sympathy with you my dear brother!!

After burning your finger with the howlers you made about Jesus and Isaiah 9:6 and 7:14, you want to tread cautiously.

Bible which according to many had made prophesies about major events in the world till the last day of judgment….is “totally” silent about the Prophet of Arabia.

The question of True Prophet or false prophet is not important at this stage.

The question is about what big impact it made on Jews and Christians, it took the province of Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and Palestine from Christians for ever. It extinguished the flame of Christianity from Most ME countries and North coast of Africa for ever and the NT books have “NOTHING” to say about it?

The same effect Islam’s rise has on Jews, is it not strange that OT books should remain silent about it?

And one more thing, my dear brother, do you think you are a religion in yourself? Since when you have become such a big authority on OT and NT books that we should take your words as “Final proof”?

But my aim my dear brother was to show the “Unreasonableness” of your stand that Bible is “Absolutely Silent” on the advent of our prophet.

Keep patience, I will first state what is the Islamic position on our prophet being prophesized in both OT and NT books… and then I will give Inshallah, examples from both OT and NT books..

And I will show Inshallah that these prophesies fit much better on our prophet than Isaiah 9:6 and 7:14 fitted on Jesus.
sucipto

Bremen, Germany

#184485 Aug 6, 2013
El Cid wrote:
http://www.gotquestions.org/li ght-first-sun-fourth.html
Question: "How could there be light on the first day of Creation if the sun was not created until the fourth day?"
Answer: The question of how there could be light on the first day of Creation when the sun was not created until the fourth day is a common one. Genesis 1:3-5 declares, "And God said,'Let there be light,' and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. God called the light 'day,' and the darkness He called 'night.' And there was evening, and there was morning — the first day." A few verses later we are informed, "And God said,'Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth.' And it was so. God made two great lights — the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning — the fourth day" (Genesis 1:14-19). How can this be? How could there be light, mornings and evenings on the first, second, and third days if the sun, moon, and stars were not created until the fourth day?
God said "Let there be light".. there was some Kind of Big Bright Light like a Big Explosion in the Universe Billions Billions of Years ago..the Scientists call it the Big Bang.
sucipto

Bremen, Germany

#184486 Aug 6, 2013
Allah, the God Almighty don´t remember how many Angels announced the birth of Jesus to the Virgin Mary ??

(QS 19:17-21): one Angel ??

or..

(QS 3:42-45): several Angels ???
sucipto

Bremen, Germany

#184487 Aug 6, 2013
What is Allah talking about here ??

(QS 70:40):

"So I swear by the LORD of (all) risings and Settings that indeed We are able".

Very funny..Allah swear by the LORD.

I think Allah drink too much wine.
Truthsayer777

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#184488 Aug 6, 2013
The true path to Heaven:

www.scribd.com/doc/106586592 ...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#184489 Aug 6, 2013
sucipto wrote:
<quoted text>
God said "Let there be light".. there was some Kind of Big Bright Light like a Big Explosion in the Universe Billions Billions of Years ago..the Scientists call it the Big Bang.
You need to get with the program...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#184490 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: now you are calling TheG-D WHO came to give this to me, as unrighteous according to your pretend higher righteous than G-D. now you are working towards, blasphemy against The HOLY SPIRIT also. you might want to stop now, and go no further with this. least you become, more cursed of yourself. silly person for if TheTorah does not exist, then none of you could physically exist.
The Torah exist rabbee, but not the one you speak of.
You are to involved with promoting confusion for your own ego.
you classify your self as a scum bag rabbee.
You dishonor God with your bull-shit.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184491 Aug 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Torah exist rabbee, but not the one you speak of.
You are to involved with promoting confusion for your own ego.
you classify your self as a scum bag rabbee.
You dishonor God with your bull-shit.
rabbee: then since yours is nothing like, the one in the actual Torah Scroll. then it is yours and you, who are the fraud against IT.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#184492 Aug 6, 2013
sucipto wrote:
Allah praying for Mohammed ???
(QS 33:56):
Allah and His Angels PRAY for the Prophet : O ye that believe pray for him and Salute him with all respects.
Allah, the God Almighty praying to who ???
Praying to Jesus ??
Praying to Budha ??
Praying to Krisna ??
I believe you have either been misinformed or you are confused:

The correct translation is:

Allah and the angels bless the Prophet, so believers, you too bless and salute him.
bmz

Singapore

#184493 Aug 6, 2013
sucipto wrote:
Allah don´t remember who´s the first Moslem ?
(QS 6:14): Muhammad is the first Moslem ?
(QS 7:143): Moses is the first Moslem ?
(QS 26:51): Some Egyptians ??
(QS 2:127-133): Abraham is the first Moslem ??
(QS 2:37): Adam is the first Moslem ??
It is not about who was the first Muslim.

Muhammad, among his people, was the first to surrender or submit to God.

Moses, among the Egyptians, was the first to surrender or submit to God.

Abraham, among his people, was the first to surrender or submit to God.

2:37 has nothing to do with calling Adam a Muslim. It talks about Adam being forgiven.

The verse:

"Say: "Am I to take for my master anyone but God, the Originator of the heavens and the earth, when it is He who gives nourishment and Himself needs none?”

Say: "I am bidden to be foremost among those who surrender themselves unto God, and not to be among those who ascribe divinity to aught beside Him.""
bmz

Singapore

#184494 Aug 6, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You need to get with the program...
lol!

Achtung!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184495 Aug 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not about who was the first Muslim.
Muhammad, among his people, was the first to surrender or submit to God.
Moses, among the Egyptians, was the first to surrender or submit to God.
Abraham, among his people, was the first to surrender or submit to God.
2:37 has nothing to do with calling Adam a Muslim. It talks about Adam being forgiven.
The verse:
"Say: "Am I to take for my master anyone but God, the Originator of the heavens and the earth, when it is He who gives nourishment and Himself needs none?”
Say: "I am bidden to be foremost among those who surrender themselves unto God, and not to be among those who ascribe divinity to aught beside Him.""
rabbee: well first of all, muhammed did not submit to G-D. he submitted, to an angel. and i seriously doubt that muhammed, was the first to submit to an angel. just like Paool who submitted to an angel, or was it an Angel like Daneeel? can this world even distinguish, the difference between an angel or an Angel?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184496 Aug 6, 2013
all religions can all vainly claim that adam, is the first of their religions. but then their false wittiness, has forever been wrong. i do not belong to any of your religions, i belong to G-D as The-His Only Begotten Male Son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 4 hr Eagle 12 796
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 4 hr Eagle 12 4,817
Anyone still at this forum 17 hr Sarah Good 1
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 17 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 9
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web