Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255982 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#184456 Aug 6, 2013
Quran 61:6,
Isho bar Maryam said: "O bnei Israel, I am God's messenger to you. I bring good news/glad tidings/eu-angelion of another messenger who will come after me named ahmad"

thus according to Quran,
the GOSPEL (good-spell) is all about Jesus announcing the coming of the gentile prophet Muhammad
the GOOD NEWS is not about freedom from the Law or about him dying for the sins of mankind

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#184457 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: your bipolar because, you think you are a g-d. this coming from you, not G-D. quit assuming that i got, all my info the same way you do from yourself. i do not accept any alleged jewish new testament tanach, nor falsified names such as genesis, exodus, leviticus, numbers, or deuteronomy. and your too many numbers, can make you numb.
and even if i were with hasatan as you falsly claim, i would still be more righteous than you, with baal hamolech G-D hates even more than hasatan.
Your righteousness is compromised by your lies rabbee!

Satan has control of your tongue rabbee!
You expose your self as being a liar rabbee!

The Torah you speak of does not exist rabbee.
The God you speak of in your posting rabbee does not exist.
You as you call your self "rabbee" does not exist!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184458 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well your not, G-D either are you?
When did i ever say I was? One doesn't have to be God to detect that another person has clear mental disorders.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
as you might want to take note of that, i am the only one on earth giving this message part. and i do not have to do any damage, that all of you are far, far, far better at.
Sure, not as far as YOU can tell.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
nor is the time of appointment, getting further away. but in your meantime G-D is still in charge, till the absolute end of this sixth day again. as your abuse of G-D,
I am not abusing God at all, I am merely identifying you as the lunatic that you really are. You don't even know yourself, let alone God.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#184459 Aug 6, 2013
"We have sent Jesus son of Mary and We gave him INJIL, containing light and guidance" (Quran 5:46)

to a christian, this translates to...
"We have sent Jesus son of Mary and We gave him GOSPEL OF JOHN, containing light and guidance"

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#184460 Aug 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Is not God the Father that Jesus speaks of in the Gospels Alex?

Proverbs 8:23–33 (NIV)
23 I was formed long ages ago,
at the very beginning, when the world came to be.
24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth,
when there were no springs overflowing with water;
25 before the mountains were settled in place,
before the hills, I was given birth,...
When you ask that sort of question, you can simply use the word God or the Father but do not write God the Father. When you do that, then you bring in the alleged Trinity and start with God the son and God the Holy Ghost.

Father would suffice. We understand that.

Question: Do you even know about whom Proverbs 8 is talking about?

bmz

Location hidden

#184461 Aug 6, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Sad but true that people think within a prescribed box and are embarrassed, or feel they are sinning if they go outside to actually think and consider. But it is God's spirit (not a helicopter) that enables a person to take in knowledge and wisdom. Your point is quite well taken regarding the light entering or being directed to the earth. There are many suns, planets, moons, and other bodies in the universe, but no sign of life from them. God directed and is directing His interest towards life on the earth.
Indeed!

I would say that God chose this planet for life and to make sure that it remains continuously inhabited and the control was given to mankind.

I consider God's spirit to mean the power or the force of God that makes things work, worked behind the messengers of God and still works behind people. It can also mean that God's mercy is poured out on people.

Thanks for interesting contributions.

Alex WM

London, UK

#184462 Aug 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You honestly are this laughably stupid, aren't you. It didn't say it would write a book on the hearts and minds of men, and the Gospels were merely books that retold the story of what happened. Stick with Islam, it's much more simple. Islam is perfect for you. The Bible is just too abstract for you. You remind me of the joke of the agriculturalist who gives a lecture to an audience and says that aged horse manure is the best for growing, and the little girl in the audience who says "yes we know that, but can you tell us optimally how old the horse should be?".
Dodo.
You haven't convinced a single reader about your crazy ideas.
So you resort to name calling everybody - duh, stupid, mad, blah..blah..!

Your take on Jesus is not the same as that of billions of Christians!

Your idea of your "theBible" does not work out in practice.
You are making up your own version!

***Go on define "the Bible"!
...and give us the number of books in your Bible
...and which Bible version do you rely on?
...and tell us why you need so many versions of the Bible!

Instead of talking bullcrap...why not tackle these PROPERLY?
Nor can I seeker.

You are incapable of dealing with MUQ or even with these elementary questions:

A)
Quran says Jesus is NOT God.

Now please produce the Bible that shows Jesus making DIRECT claim that he is God.

Here is the MOST important point:

Jesus AGREES with the Quran, that he is NOT God!

B) I also asked you
- Who said what is in john 1:1?

**God didn't say it.
**Jesus didn't say it.
**Who is more powerful than God and Jesus to Christians?

Somebody WROTE those words. WHO WAS IT?
Why do Christians believe THAT unknown person without EVEN knowing who THAT person was?

C) Do you realise that you confirmed the truth of QURAN?

This is what you said:
..A new covenant unlike the one that lead them out of Eqypt, it also says that the law shall be written on the HEARTS and MINDS of men, NOT in a book like the Torah was...

Please can Christians produce ONE person who has the WHOLE of NT etched in his HEART and MIND and who can recall KJV word for word from start to finish.

Muslims can produce MILLIONS of people who have the Quran etched in their HEARTS and MINDS and who can recall it word for word from start to finish!!!!

D)
I want you to READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.

The instructions are very simple...
"Please give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or your own interpretations"

Show us where Jesus is making DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR even in G of John. Please give chapter/verse as proof:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

You also agree that you NEED Direct quotes/verses to prove the veracity of claims every time you taunt Rabbee.
Alex WM

London, UK

#184463 Aug 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The righteousness of the Quran is compromised by the lies of Muhammad.
John 14:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Those words spoken by Jesus are not in the Qurran!
Muhammad falsified the teaching of teaching Jesus in the Quran!
Ofcourse Shamma, John without originals that was being tinkered around 2nd to 3rd century is speaking the truth compared with earlier Gospels!
All Prophets told their people that "I am your guide, I will show you the correct way to reach God"
There is nothing earth shattering about this.
Changing meanings of semitic words with "upper cases" is a disease belonging to gentile pagans.
Alex WM

London, UK

#184464 Aug 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The righteousness of the Quran is compromised by the lies of Muhammad.
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Try answering these without changing the topic..

So Shamma, you being the last Christian bastion against the relentless Muslim onslaught, please answer these PROPERLY and PRECISELY:

A)
Quran says Jesus is NOT God.

Now please produce the Bible that shows Jesus making DIRECT claim that he is God.

Here is the MOST important point:

Jesus AGREES with the Quran, that he is NOT God!

B) I also asked
- Who said what is in john 1:1?

**God didn't say it.
**Jesus didn't say it.
**Who is more powerful than God and Jesus to Christians?

Somebody WROTE those words. WHO WAS IT?
Why do Christians believe THAT unknown person without EVEN knowing who THAT person was?

C) Do you realise that Seeker confirmed the truth of QURAN?

This is what seeker said:
..A new covenant unlike the one that lead them out of Eqypt, it also says that the law shall be written on the HEARTS and MINDS of men, NOT in a book like the Torah was...

Please can Christians produce ONE person who has the WHOLE of NT etched in his HEART and MIND and who can recall KJV word for word from start to finish.

Muslims can produce MILLIONS of people who have the Quran etched in their HEARTS and MINDS and who can recall it word for word from start to finish!!!!

D)
I want you to READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.

The instructions are very simple...
"Please give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or your own interpretations"

Show us where Jesus is making DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR even in G of John. Please give chapter/verse as proof:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

Seeker agrees that you NEED Direct quotes/verses to prove the veracity of claims!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#184465 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well your not, G-D either are you? as you might want to take note of that, i am the only one on earth giving this message part. and i do not have to do any damage, that all of you are far, far, far better at.
nor is the time of appointment, getting further away. but in your meantime G-D is still in charge, till the absolute end of this sixth day again. as your abuse of G-D, shall only result in your all being abused by your own much deserved demonic obamanation.
Shame on you rabbee!

You have no moral consciences.
You are obsessed with lying!
Yourself righteousness ego rabbee is larger than your brain.

You blasphemy God rather than honor God!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184466 Aug 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
That aside, what is happening to the Church?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/05/rev-...

Rev. Arthur Coyle Allegedly Had Sex With Prostitute Behind A Cemeter

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#184467 Aug 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
first off you are on the wrong forum for those people.
I agree. When I saw those particular posts after I posted I thought I was on the wrong forum. I don't read those stupid type posts but as I passed through I thought I must have posted to the wrong forum. Let's hope it goes back to the semi-normal (not an easy thing on these forums) instead of the disgusting. Thanks. It is, of course, a free world in certain aspects, but then -- a type of world some of us would wish to avoid if possible.

bmz

Location hidden

#184468 Aug 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I would say that I agree. I see too much support for Assad to compare him to someone like Saddam. Many of these rebels are merely looking for eventual Caliphate rule like bin Laden wanted, which has continually proven to be a stupid pipe dream in the modern world that would only through the Middle East backwards even more than it already is.

The Middle East has still yet to recover from being in the dark ages after 400 years of Ottoman rule and oppression.

It cracks me up to hear people in the Middle East call the US and the British oppressors, when it was the British that freed them from the Ottomans, and at least let them have their own sovereign countries. That's a heck of a lot better than anything the Ottomans did for the Middle East.

I have no idea why the US would ever get involved. Basically, no matter what they do or don't do, everybody is going to still hate them anyway. It's simply the popular and default thing to do. They helped Libya, and that meant nothing to them, they still hate the US.

They helped Bosnian Muslims, and that meant nothing and it is still popular to say that the US is fighting a war against Islam and Muslims. If they get involved, they will be seen as meddlers. If they don't, they will be seen as negligent for allowing the bloodshed to continue.

So if it's always set up that the US will always be seen as wrong no matter what, they might as well save some money and their own lives and do nothing just like the Russians and Chinese always do. Grab a bag of popcorn and watch Muslims do what they do best.

Muslims are never more in their glory then when they have something to fight for. It gives them purpose to their lives. Seems ingrained in the religion itself.
An interesting post and I will help you understand.

They are not looking for any Caliphate. Syria is the only Muslim Arab country that does not play to the tune of oil-rich Shaikhs, Sultans, Kings and Emirs. Saddam had wanted to unite the 200 million Arabs at that time but the Arab despots did not want that. That was his main idea.

The GCC countries are all against Syria, where there is no King, no Shaikh, no Emir and no Sultan and they want Syria to tow their line. Those countries are the trouble-makers and the Western leaders being their fair weather friends (until the oil runs out) support them. The destiny of all Arab countries is being decided Saudi and Qatari rulers.

Iran is projected as the enemy of Arabs to the Arab despots by the Western powers and the ignorant fools accept that.

When it came to Saddam, the Russians and the Chinese did not use their Veto. They knew Saddam was ruthless.

However, Asad is not like Saddam at all. That is why the Russians and the Chinese vetoed. Nobody is going in because they know the Free Syrian Army is a group of crooks, gangsters, mercenaries paid by Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Extremists and other groups such as Al-Qaedah and their sympathisers have also jumped in.

I hope Asad and the Syria army annihilates the rebels soon.

Talking about dark age, Christianity took more than 1,400 years to come out of the dark age. And that was not her own effort. The credit goes to educated men, who stood up against it. You know well that the Popes and the priests always were in cahoot with the rich and the despots.

If you look at all troubled regions, you can see the British footprints. Just go back a hundred plus years and see there were no terrorists, no Al-Qaeda or Hizbullah or Fatah or Hamas. The Jews and the Muslims drank from the same stream. lol!

Turkey became weak and the shrewd British 'freed' Arabs and split them into states. They had no love for Arabs. They preferred to have many geese instead of having a single goose. Britain is fully responsible for all the mess in the 'Colonial' world they occupied by deceit.

More on outstanding parts, tomorrow. Too late for me. Good night from Singapore.

bmz

Location hidden

#184469 Aug 6, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
Seeker agrees that you NEED Direct quotes/verses to prove the veracity of claims!
lol!

I had told Seeker that he was going to be in trouble, when he demanded verses from Rabbee, who never gives anything. And instead, comes up with very witty answers.

Salaams and good night

BMZ

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#184470 Aug 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed!
I would say that God chose this planet for life and to make sure that it remains continuously inhabited and the control was given to mankind.
I consider God's spirit to mean the power or the force of God that makes things work, worked behind the messengers of God and still works behind people. It can also mean that God's mercy is poured out on people.
Thanks for interesting contributions.
My pleasure. Thank you also for your observations. It's a big world we live in.:-) But the internet does make it smaller. To realize that God's spirit was not a helicopter hovering over the surface of the waters is a great illustration. It is tiring sometimes to listen to all these different opinions. But then it is God who leads people to Him.
Genesis 1:2 Douay "And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters." (One of the few English translations that doesn't have the word spirit there with a capital letter. But it's still not a helicopter.)
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184471 Aug 6, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't convinced a single reader about your crazy ideas.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you resort to name calling everybody - duh, stupid, mad, blah..blah..!
Not everybody, you. And you are. You actually think that the law being written on the hearts and minds of men is referring to people memorizing a book. It says written on the hearts and minds of men contrasting that with the law that was written in a book, the Torah. It was predicted to be a new type of covenant, unlike the one that lead them out of Egypt. And this is why Jesus never brought any book nor was given any book like Moses was.

Muhammad's claim that Jesus was given a Gospel is completely bogus. He had no idea of what the Gospels were. He didn't figure out that they weren't supposed to be a book of laws like the Torah, they were merely people retelling what happened when Jesus came so that people could know what happened. That's why nobody ever even attempted to create a Gospel of Jesus, they were all titled Gospel According to (person's name). There was never any such thing as a Gospel of Jesus and he never brought one, nor ever even talked about one, because in the New Covenant, there will no longer be a book of rules, and people are supposed to know the law using their hearts and minds, which means knowing what the right thing to do from common sense and their righteous heart without needing all of these specific, trapping rules. Jesus' mission was not to bring a book, but to die for sins, and he even predicted that he would have to and even said that he must.

Muhammad just thought that since the only thing he could provide was a bogus book, and he couldn't perform any miracles like Moses and Jesus did, then he needed to make Jesus out as somebody that brought a book also. And then he said it got lost because he knew he didn't fit every well into any NT books, so the excuse had to be created that there used to be a book that talked about him, but it got lost. This guy was always making stuff up so that he could look legitimate and hijack Judaism and Christianity, bury them by charging them with corruption, and then rewriting these religions to make him fit into them.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#184472 Aug 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he can't even keep track of who HE is, and yet everybody better listen to him and follow him or they will forever be condemned. When it really comes down to it, this guy is nothing but an annoying azz with nothing of any substance to say. Good for you that you tolerate it so well and have so much patience, because personally, I find it highly annoying. I thought it was entertaining at first or even funny, but it really gets old and annoying after a while, especially since he just keeps repeating the same things over and over again as if anything is going to change each time he repeats himself. I know this is a free forum, and he will continue posting his repeated nonsense over and over again because he has no other outlet, and he has the right to do that, so I guess I'm just going to have to tolerate it. But I really wish he would just stop it and see how pointless anything that he says really is.
As long as you give him attention Seeker, and reply to his posts, he will continue. The best thing to do is just ignore him. I'm pretty sure he's off his meds but at his age he may be able to control his behavior, but not his delusions.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#184473 Aug 6, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
My pleasure. Thank you also for your observations. It's a big world we live in.:-) But the internet does make it smaller. To realize that God's spirit was not a helicopter hovering over the surface of the waters is a great illustration. It is tiring sometimes to listen to all these different opinions. But then it is God who leads people to Him.
Genesis 1:2 Douay "And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters." (One of the few English translations that doesn't have the word spirit there with a capital letter. But it's still not a helicopter.)
I am curious as to what Norfolk, Va. under your user name means??
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184474 Aug 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
He never said that at all you silly moron, and at least he can quote scriptures to substantiate what he says. You cannot. But now it's pretty clear to me what you have actually been diagnosed as. You are bipolar. I wasn't sure whether it was schizophrenia or bipolar, but since you keep trying to paint others as bipolar, then it's pretty clear that you are. That's called "projection" in psychology where someone takes their own problems and projects them on to others. Get back on the meds Jimmie Bosnotsowell. I knew a guy who was bipolar. When he was on his meds, he was a perfectly fine, functioning person, but when he got off them, he was a wreck. He used to hear angels from TV static noise when the TV was not on a watchable channel, among a whole bunch of other things.
rabbee: obviously your reading and attention skills are lacking. "the don't think i have not noticed", is obviously as a result of my training. never said, that G-D said that. i am finished with you, and your blasphemy against G-D. you have already proven, you have an untrained eye of observation. G-D hates you, and so does TheHisSon adam.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184475 Aug 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your righteousness is compromised by your lies rabbee!
Satan has control of your tongue rabbee!
You expose your self as being a liar rabbee!
The Torah you speak of does not exist rabbee.
The God you speak of in your posting rabbee does not exist.
You as you call your self "rabbee" does not exist!
rabbee: now you are calling TheG-D WHO came to give this to me, as unrighteous according to your pretend higher righteous than G-D. now you are working towards, blasphemy against The HOLY SPIRIT also. you might want to stop now, and go no further with this. least you become, more cursed of yourself. silly person for if TheTorah does not exist, then none of you could physically exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Nov 25 Jillifitz 115
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Nov 17 Amused 30
News Why All Jews Should Hate Halloween - And So Sho... Oct '16 Hecate 1
Beauty spell worked last year but not anymore Oct '16 Prettyicy 1
Wiccan Coven Secrets Anyone? Oct '16 Julius the Jules 1
Need info Oct '16 Fraidy Cat 2
More from around the web