Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
173,621 - 173,640 of 200,903 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that hard to find the name Yehoshua in the Tanakh.
Yes, but that is not Jesus. He isn't there in the entire OT.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood your post to mean that only God is forever and ever with no beginning. Thanks for bringing that out about Wycliffe's original translation. I do not know which translation of the scriptures Wycliffe was using as the basis for his translation, but it's an interesting discussion and when I have more time I will do the research. The expression 'in the beginning' obviously does not refer to God's beginning, because God has no beginning. I checked out the Greek/English interlinear at http://biblesuite.com/greek/4314.htm for John 1:1, and the explanation of the Greek word PRO is 'with,' but it also can mean 'at' or 'towards,' in particular with reference to a purpose or direction.
Forgot to add:

In the Tanakh and also in the Old Testament, God says, "I am the first and I am the last.", which would simply mean "I am forever" or simply "I am everlasting".

In Qur'aan's Arabic, the verse is "He is the first and he is the last" and this also means "he is forever", or simply "He is everlasting".

Just a thought.
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but that is not Jesus. He isn't there in the entire OT.
Thanks, bro.
I was resisting the temptation to get him to look for a "cat" in the Tanach!
That chap is an irritating clueless fool who needs to get to grips with the language before challenging us!
Does he know that Ahmed/Muhammed/Hamd would be in some shape or form like Yehoshua in the OT?
Salaams, Alex.
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello fool.
Why don't you learn some English and then work on the context.
I believe BMZ has already commented on your silly post.
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no need to. There was a lot of exchange on the same topic with Seeker.
The gentleman understand but you don't. What is that to you, Jacapo?
lol!Precisely!
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know of one single Christian that counts his resurrection as a second coming. Not even one. And you, claiming you used to be a priest, would know that. But we both know that you never were one and that it takes somebody with some issues or problems to bother and make a story like that up.
1) You have no answers.
Quran is spot on.
Quran says Jesus is NOT God.

Now produce the Bible that shows Jesus claiming that he is God.

Here is the MOST important point that your brain is unable to process:

Jesus AGREES with the Quran, that he is NOT God!

2) I asked
- Who said what is in john 1:1?
God didn't say it.
Jesus didn't say it.
Who is more powerful than God and Jesus to Christians?

Seeker, where is your brain?
Somebody WROTE those words. WHO WAS IT?
Why do you believe THAT person without EVEN knowing who that person was!

You are contradicting like there is no tomorrow. Now are you suggesting that there is no need for NT?

3) Do you realise that you made a false claim about NT and while confirming the truth of QURAN?

This is what you said:
..A new covenant unlike the one that lead them out of Eqypt, it also says that the law shall be written on the HEARTS and MINDS of men, NOT in a book like the Torah was...

Please can you produce ONE person who has the WHOLE of NT etched in his HEART and MIND and who can recall KJV word for word from start to finish.

I will produce MILLIONS of people who have the Quran etched in their HEARTS and MINDS and who can recall it word for word from start to finish!!!!

Seeker, when do you plan to wake up and ditch the Pagan cult?
Alex WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

I feel so depressed because can't get rid of an itch in my rear. I think I need a d*ck!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to add:
In the Tanakh and also in the Old Testament, God says, "I am the first and I am the last.", which would simply mean "I am forever" or simply "I am everlasting".
In Qur'aan's Arabic, the verse is "He is the first and he is the last" and this also means "he is forever", or simply "He is everlasting".
Just a thought.
No problem and understood. In the Bible that phrase is used in different applications, not all understand it correctly, but unfortunately some will insist on their own viewpoint, even when proven wrong, as I have just seen in a discussion with a poster about the time period. Scholars can differ in these matters, so it is important to follow a thought through without prejudice if possible.

The phrase 'first and last' is similar to "time indefinite" in that it can also mean forever but it does not have to. And agreed that God Almighty has no beginning and no end, and the phrase first and last can refer to Him.

God is truly indescribable in that sense, because as humans, we cannot really understand something that has no beginning.

God made us; we did give ourselves life.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Many jokers here subsist on welfare or dole and have all the time to post rubbish 24/7. LOL.
rabbee: well you left our retirees, either on pension, social security or both. without mentioning the possibility, of wealthy brats.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to add:
Just a thought.
The first and the last is twofold. A circle represents eternity, the beginning is also the end. The living God was present at creation and would come in the end of days to live on earth. This time will be finalized by the death and resurrection of the Messiah. All other gods are "new gods who came newly up" This includes Jesus and the god of Christianity, also all heathen deities. Jesus is not the first and the last, he came in the middle of history.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it say THEY rather than HE? Because it's talking about mankind in general.
<quoted text>
No, YOUR claims are baseless, not the Torah's claims.
<quoted text>
There is no person on the face of the earth that has any Torah scrolls that confirm the errant claims you make. you merely hide behind an excuse that you have seen the real scrolls, but others have as well and they do not make claim that the errant accounts you give are in their real copy of the Torah. you are the only person making the claim that these wild errant ideas are actually in the Torah. They are not.
<quoted text>
Noah lived one life. That is all. And there is nothing that says otherwise.
<quoted text>
There is actually nothing that says Adam arrives after the fourth day. If you think there is, then quote it.
<quoted text>
There is nothing that says that the seven days of creation are repeated. Nothing.
<quoted text>
There is nothing that speaks of Adam existing during the seven days of creation. Nothing.
<quoted text>
There is nothing that says the Torah was given multiple times. It was given once to Moses.
<quoted text>
These were given once. Not multiple repeated times.
<quoted text>
I know he is not. YOU are.
<quoted text>
There is nothing about multiple visitations of the Torah. It is a series of books given once to Moses, and it still exists today. It is a book, not a person that keeps returning. There is nothing that says that everything has been destroyed and recreated multiple times over. Everything was created once in seven days and it has continued to exist. The earth was merely flooded once, but neither the earth nor the stars nor the moon nor the sun has ever been destroyed and recreated. There is nothing at all that says that. Nothing. Again, if you think I am wrong, then quote the verses that say so and prove me wrong. But you cannot.
rabbee: not one of you are given with The OUR HOO VHEE IMAGE And LIKENESS of G-D. for none of you are both Holy Male and Female, in One Unique Body of Flesh. since Only The First Instance of Adam, in TheTorah is Likened Unto That. and none of you, are that wise.

It is not talking about any of you, in the image of the subtle talking/writing devils of the fields. none of you are even close to The Our Hoo VHee Image of Adam, to lay claim to this. so your vanity, vanity, vanity, is all wrong. when even adam and his mate separated, are not this image any more.

and all the rest of your, hearsay proves nothing. you have not even verified what i have said, is actually in TheTorah Scroll. if you find even one thing different, in TheTorah than your alleged only true books. then your books, are all wrong. you'll even discover that their is not woman, by the name of eve. and that Noach's name is not noah, or that Moshe's name is not moses. and shall even find, a whole bunch of other errors.

you can't even get the names in your alleged new testament right. you think Paool's name is paul, without including all of those false illegitimate j names. the letter j, did not even exist for another thousand years. indicating that your alleged original books, were written after 1054 ad, at the very minimum but probably much later than that. there is not law of ex post facto, for anything in scripture. that authorizes you, to alter anything.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. I would not. That is actually one of the few correct things that I have seen you write.
rabbee: no! don't accept it. i can't be 100% right now, and 100% wrong before. either i am 100% correct all the time, or normally 100% wrong as the world all of the time.

because you don't or don't want to understand, does not mean i am not correct. except in your own eyes, since i do not have to be 100% true to you. i only have to be, true to G-D. if i choose to be true to you instead of G-D, then we would both be 100% wrong.

and i am not sure, which should scare you more. the horror of not understanding me or understanding me. even though you have, a lot more to be frightened of than me. when most of you, should be scared of what you have become yourselves. as most people do not need, any more enemies than themselves.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well it is a lot harder than you think, in any language that does not have the vowel u.

would be a lot easier, to find the name Yehoshooa/Yehoshooah. where Yehoshooa, could be written with Yood, Hey, Sheen, Ayeen or Aleph ending. where as Yehoshooah, can only be written one way - Yood, Hey, Sheen, Hey.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood your post to mean that only God is forever and ever with no beginning. Thanks for bringing that out about Wycliffe's original translation. I do not know which translation of the scriptures Wycliffe was using as the basis for his translation, but it's an interesting discussion and when I have more time I will do the research. The expression 'in the beginning' obviously does not refer to God's beginning, because God has no beginning. I checked out the Greek/English interlinear at http://biblesuite.com/greek/4314.htm for John 1:1, and the explanation of the Greek word PRO is 'with,' but it also can mean 'at' or 'towards,' in particular with reference to a purpose or direction.
rabbee: well what it actually says in TheTorah Scroll, clears this up the best.

'(in the beginning of G-D'S creating The Heavens and the earth - when the earth was astonishingly empty, with darkness upon the surface of the deep, and The-Divine Presence hovered upon the surface of the waters - G-D said, "let there be light," and there was light.)'
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
'(in the beginning of G-D'S creating The Heavens and the earth - when the earth was astonishingly empty, with darkness upon the surface of the deep, and The-Divine Presence hovered upon the surface of the waters - G-D said, "let there be light," and there was light.)'
Now, there's a curious thing. The earth existed BEFORE there was ever a sun to light it, presuming, of course, that the "light" that G-D created AFTER the earth was created was, in fact, the sun, and not some metaphysical gobbledygook, like, the "light" of divine illumination, whatever the hell that means to Rastafarians.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Now, there's a curious thing. The earth existed BEFORE there was ever a sun to light it, presuming, of course, that the "light" that G-D created AFTER the earth was created was, in fact, the sun, and not some metaphysical gobbledygook, like, the "light" of divine illumination, whatever the hell that means to Rastafarians.
rabbi: well in the days of Parashas Noach, how would you know this?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

bmz --
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem and understood. In the Bible that phrase is used in different applications, not all understand it correctly, but unfortunately some will insist on their own viewpoint, even when proven wrong, as I have just seen in a discussion with a poster about the time period. Scholars can differ in these matters, so it is important to follow a thought through without prejudice if possible.
The phrase 'first and last' is similar to "time indefinite" in that it can also mean forever but it does not have to. And agreed that God Almighty has no beginning and no end, and the phrase first and last can refer to Him.
God is truly indescribable in that sense, because as humans, we cannot really understand something that has no beginning.
God made us; we did give ourselves life.
Whoops, sorry about that! I just re-read my post and must correct my blooper. That last sentence should read: We did NOT give ourselves life! To reiterate that thought correctly --

God made us; we did not give ourselves life. Almighty God is the Great Life-Giver.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
bmz --
<quoted text>

Whoops, sorry about that! I just re-read my post and must correct my blooper. That last sentence should read: We did NOT give ourselves life! To reiterate that thought correctly --

God made us; we did not give ourselves life. Almighty God is the Great Life-Giver.
Indeed! Our vision cannot comprehend God Almighty.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbi: well in the days of Parashas Noach, how would you know this?
I was simply relying on your statement of FACT, doofus.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee,

Will you please accept my interpretation of Genesis 1:1 here?

"Now the earth was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters."

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0101.htm

"the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters", simply means that God was watching the creation of earth.

I don't think G-d was hovering like a helicopter over the waters. What do you think, Rabbee?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••