Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253557 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#184117 Aug 2, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
q: why do nations today all have leaders not true
to G-D?
a: could it be, none of their citizens are
really true to G-D?
Include your self rabbee as not being true to God.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184118 Aug 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Include your self rabbee as not being true to God.
rabbee: well i don't believe that G-D, lied to me. so are you accusing G-D of not being true to you, for your not being true to HIM?

Location hidden

#184119 Aug 2, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i don't believe that G-D, lied to me. so are you accusing G-D of not being true to you, for your not being true to HIM?
You are not being true to God rabbee.
The finger of God is pointing at you rabbee as being a lair!.
God is true to his word, and is incapable of lying.
No! I am not accusing God of lying , I am accusing you rabbeee of being a liar.
The Torah you preach about is non-existence.
So the God you say contacted you has to be non-existence.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#184121 Aug 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
There are only three qualities mentioned in 18:18, and paying attention to one of the three is not being dogmatic at all, it is very important. Like I said, if you want to make the case that from among your brothers actually means descendants of Ishmael rather than fellow Jews, I would be more than happy to discuss that with you. If you merely want to ignore one of only three aspects, then there is no point in discussing this with you as that defies the rules of proper logic, and I won't discuss anything with someone who wishes to violate basic logic and twist it to meet their argument.

04. You want to bring Deut 18:18 as that is the ONLY prophesy about our prophet in OT and NT books. We will Inshallah i.e. God willing are going to discuss Deut 18:18 and I will prove (using you r own logic that it fulfills more about our prophet than Isaiah 9:6 and 7:14 point towards Jesus)….. but its time shall come on at a later stage of our discussion.
Ummmm. No it won't. Either we discuss what we were supposed to discuss in the first place, or the conversation ends. There is no such thing as a "most likely" comparison if a clear and key part of a prophecy is not met.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW you are getting tired, but not of explaining rules of debates, but trying every trick in the book, NOT to mention any more prophesy about Jesus!!
Ans.

My dear brother, let me say that you are wrong.

We did not enter this debate to discuss ONLY about Deut. 18:18. I never have mentioned about Deut. 18:18, despite you trying EVERYTHING in your power to bring it in focus.

The topic of our discussion is “What Bible says about our prophet”?

Since that covers the subject of prophesy, we had to build up a foundation before we start this discussion.

That is why I started to make these basic points on which we both agree.

01. We agreed that prophesies are word picture of future events.

02. We agreed that they are never very specific, no name of persons , and exact details of locality are mentioned.

03. Based on the criterion mentioned in these prophesies, we try to DEDUCE. To whom it refers to.

3A. It is a subjective process. It depends a lot on those who interpret these prophesies. They might OVER EMPHESIZE some trivial things and DOWN PLAY some critical point.

3B. That is how Jews, Christians and Muslims are at logger head about these prophesies.

While Christians swear to God that OT books are filled with hundreds and thousands of prophesies about Jesus, the Jews do not see “Not even a single one”.

4 The best way to do is to list all Positive and Negative qualities mentioned in these prophesies and try to reason and logic to which it Most logically fits.

5. My idea to start with Jesus, was not to change the topic of discussion, but to verify the rules of interpretation. And let me tell you that I am sorry to see this “mulish attitude” in you not to give more prophesies.

6. I asked you questions, do you agree that Bible mentions most major event that happen in world from OT days to the end of world?

You know claims these BIBLE THUMPERS make about Bible and its prophesies.

My dear brother, let you not harp on Deut 18:18 and join this discussion.

All my questions are pertinent to our topic and not off way.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#184122 Aug 2, 2013
FARMING IS TRUE THERAPY THAT RANKS ABOVE RELIGION:

1) If you desire to augment personality growth, take to farming or gardening with a sincere, open, plastic and meditative consciousness that brings you directly into contact with nature in its raw form.

2) The force fields of the soil, water and air and the fragrances of plants, grasses, herbs, compost and flowers and the subtle physical consciousness-forces emitted by the flora help to soothe and harmonize the force fields of the mind, vital and body and in the process improve one's surroundings by cementing relationships, giving one inner peace, keeping one in good health, creating a connect between being and external nature, conferring happiness and the like. Nature, too, flourishes as the human consciousness infuses and enriches nature's force fields - a beneficial mind-matter symbiotic relationship takes place.

3) If in addition to working with the land and its resources, if sticks to a vegetarian diet and lovingly cares for animals like cows, dogs, cats, goats and fowl without perpetrating violence against them, then all the better.

4) This kind of work or this form of approach to life via direct contact with external nature is true mind-body therapy that ranks above sectarian prayers, pilgrimage, fasting and other religious trappings that are more damaging than helpful as they invariably bring in fanaticism, parochialism, hatred, competition, violence and rivalry and besides religious baggage introduces a dangerous mind control and mental slavery to a megalomanical, intolerant and violent typal being of any one of the lower planes of cosmic consciousness, calling itself Almighty Lord, Creator, God, Son of God, Messiah, Savior, Messenger or whatever. Beware and take note.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#184123 Aug 2, 2013
RELIGION IS DANGEROUS MIND CONTROL:

1) BEWARE when you encounter a scripture or a person preaching that so and so archetypal being or the preacher himself is Almighty Lord, Creator, God, Son of God, Messiah, Advent, Savior, Messenger or whatever.

2) Beware, these are the megalomaniacal rants of the adverse typal beings of the vital plane who talk through possessed men called "prophets" or who incarnate on earth as "advents".

3) These dangerous typal beings, whether in the spirit form or when incarnated in a physical body, love to arrogate to themselves grand titles as it puffs up their ego all the more.

4) Most of the major religions in the world and yes all the Abrahamic religions are nothing else but the worship of the various malevolent typal beings or of a single adverse typal being of the vital plane as the case may be whose outer pretense of divinity is eclipsed by its warped teachings and barbaric actions conveyed or enacted through its prophet(s) that include intolerance, tribalism, sectarianism, constant warnings about worshipping other gods, declaring itself the only god or the best god, repeated warnings about false prophets to come, announcement that so and so prophet is the final messenger or last prophet, constant demand of wanting to be worshipped several times a day or on a particular day of the week, demanding animal sacrifices and/or human sacrifices, establishing blood pacts via mutilation of a body part (circumcision), teaching sectarianism, warning its followers about staying aloof from certain other communities, dishing out threats, showering abuses, introducing draconian punishments, relegating women to an inferior position or subjugating them, promising sensual rewards in the afterlife, making a show of charity, extorting money from religious minorities, extracting cash from its own set of human followers, using sweet words that ring hollow, promoting eugenic evils like incest, making repeated declarations of its self-arrogated greatness, insistence on its own so-called omnipotence, revelations of mumbo jumbo science like creation from nothing or of stars serving as missiles to chase away demons, indulging in genocides, murdering critics, persecuting those who question or who refuse to submit, rivalry with other typal beings and with people of other faiths and so on. Beware, surrendered believers! You're trapped.

Location hidden

#184124 Aug 2, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
RELIGION IS DANGEROUS MIND CONTROL:
1) BEWARE when you encounter a scripture or a person preaching that so and so archetypal being or the preacher himself is Almighty Lord, Creator, God, Son of God, Messiah, Advent, Savior, Messenger or whatever.
2) Beware, these are the megalomaniacal rants of the adverse typal beings of the vital plane who talk through possessed men called "prophets" or who incarnate on earth as "advents".
3) These dangerous typal beings, whether in the spirit form or when incarnated in a physical body, love to arrogate to themselves grand titles as it puffs up their ego all the more.
4) Most of the major religions in the world and yes all the Abrahamic religions are nothing else but the worship of the various malevolent typal beings or of a single adverse typal being of the vital plane as the case may be whose outer pretense of divinity is eclipsed by its warped teachings and barbaric actions conveyed or enacted through its prophet(s) that include intolerance, tribalism, sectarianism, constant warnings about worshipping other gods, declaring itself the only god or the best god, repeated warnings about false prophets to come, announcement that so and so prophet is the final messenger or last prophet, constant demand of wanting to be worshipped several times a day or on a particular day of the week, demanding animal sacrifices and/or human sacrifices, establishing blood pacts via mutilation of a body part (circumcision), teaching sectarianism, warning its followers about staying aloof from certain other communities, dishing out threats, showering abuses, introducing draconian punishments, relegating women to an inferior position or subjugating them, promising sensual rewards in the afterlife, making a show of charity, extorting money from religious minorities, extracting cash from its own set of human followers, using sweet words that ring hollow, promoting eugenic evils like incest, making repeated declarations of its self-arrogated greatness, insistence on its own so-called omnipotence, revelations of mumbo jumbo science like creation from nothing or of stars serving as missiles to chase away demons, indulging in genocides, murdering critics, persecuting those who question or who refuse to submit, rivalry with other typal beings and with people of other faiths and so on. Beware, surrendered believers! You're trapped.
LMAO!
You are trapped in your own web of ignorance Joe.
Your lashing out at God for your own misgivings.

Location hidden

#184125 Aug 2, 2013
Muslims are insane people.
They love death more than life.
Muslims believe they own lies as truth.
Muhammad was terrorist from the founding if his religious government.
Muslims are cursed by the curse of Muhammad.
Muslims cannot live in peace with non-Muslims.
Muslims are obsessed with loving death more than life.
Muhammad insulted God with promises of awarding paradise to Muslims for murdering non-Muslims.
Muslims are insaner people.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184126 Aug 2, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yep
and technically, he was not the alleged jewish. but everyone on earth, got their alleged dna from Him. TheSon of G-D, cannot be the alleged as jewish. because The-Our-Son of G-D, does not make those kind of jewish* mistakes.
His only connection, is having an alleged as jewish surrogate mother. His father and mother brothers and sisters, were not his actual FATHER AND MOTHER, or brothers and sisters. they were all, His grandchildren. i am in this same situation, with G-D coming and making all this totally wild claims. claims about me being the grandfather, of this whole world here in TheTorah. and that me and this alleged woman as chaooah, had twice before given birth to this exact same world. with all the exact same grandchildren, all precisely again. so yeah i know this is hard to comprehend, or that G-D has that kind of Precision Power and Precision Authority.
but nobody knew the answer to His question, about who are my brothers and sisters but Him. nobody could even accept, WHO His MOTHER And FATHER really are according to scripture. because nobody could accept then, they were in scripture from G-D except Him. just like we are all here in, The Living Scripture from G-D even unto right now today.
Was he circumcised?
Why?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184127 Aug 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muslims are insane people.
They love death more than life.
Muslims believe they own lies as truth.
Muhammad was terrorist from the founding if his religious government.
Muslims are cursed by the curse of Muhammad.
Muslims cannot live in peace with non-Muslims.
Muslims are obsessed with loving death more than life.
Muhammad insulted God with promises of awarding paradise to Muslims for murdering non-Muslims.
Muslims are insaner people.
Hello sweet Shamma how are you?
Muslims are insane people?
To an insane person, a sane person may look insane.

If they love death more than life HOW COME their population keeps increasing?

Muslims do not worship a naked man as their God.
Moses was the same as Muhammed?

We are NOT allowed to murder others, Shamma.

Have you actually come across a REAL Muslim?
And does that Muslim want to murder you?
Come on Shamma...stop this paranoia.

Is your policy..."Whatever it is..I am against it"?

Let's sing a funny song....

Thank G-d for Groucho!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184128 Aug 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
My dear brother, let me say that you are wrong.
We did not enter this debate to discuss ONLY about Deut. 18:18. I never have mentioned about Deut. 18:18, despite you trying EVERYTHING in your power to bring it in focus.
The topic of our discussion is “What Bible says about our prophet”?
Since that covers the subject of prophesy, we had to build up a foundation before we start this discussion.
That is why I started to make these basic points on which we both agree.
01. We agreed that prophesies are word picture of future events.
02. We agreed that they are never very specific, no name of persons , and exact details of locality are mentioned.
03. Based on the criterion mentioned in these prophesies, we try to DEDUCE. To whom it refers to.
3A. It is a subjective process. It depends a lot on those who interpret these prophesies. They might OVER EMPHESIZE some trivial things and DOWN PLAY some critical point.
3B. That is how Jews, Christians and Muslims are at logger head about these prophesies.
While Christians swear to God that OT books are filled with hundreds and thousands of prophesies about Jesus, the Jews do not see “Not even a single one”.
4 The best way to do is to list all Positive and Negative qualities mentioned in these prophesies and try to reason and logic to which it Most logically fits.
5. My idea to start with Jesus, was not to change the topic of discussion, but to verify the rules of interpretation. And let me tell you that I am sorry to see this “mulish attitude” in you not to give more prophesies.
6. I asked you questions, do you agree that Bible mentions most major event that happen in world from OT days to the end of world?
You know claims these BIBLE THUMPERS make about Bible and its prophesies.
My dear brother, let you not harp on Deut 18:18 and join this discussion.
All my questions are pertinent to our topic and not off way.
Very nice indeed, bro.
Seeker is unable to deal with real issues.
He starts screaming and shouting because logic is not his forte.
Your questions are very logical and pertinent.
Seeker is trapped in his own world.
Salaams.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184129 Aug 2, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I can ever become emotionally stable. The inner damage to my psyche and emotions is too deep and I guess irreversible in most ways. All my talent and good looks and education and wealth are of no use as I can't emote normally and am rarely if at all at peace. Besides, a permanent adverse force put on me years ago by you know whom is still present in my aura that I can perceive and feel and it's aim is to totally destabilize me so that I either go insane or commit suicide or it may well engineer a fatal accident one day. I can't enter into normal or healthy relations with anyone on account of this damage that's still continuing and being made worse by that thing in my aura that drives away people who try to reach out to me. I can't bear the suffering in most ways and am usually depressed and sad. Worst part is that I have no one at home to comfort me. My late mother loved me so much. I miss her a lot. I get a strong feeling that I will die very soon, so much the better.
Best Regards.
You may benefit a huge load if you come down from your artificial pedestal and go on Haj.
Instead of inventing the meaningless buzz words and yogic clap trap of earthbound slavery, try submitting to the Will of God the creator.
You will feel great because you are an intelligent person and it will work like a charm.
Give it a try Joel.
You will be a very happy person and contended person.
Peace.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184130 Aug 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That says a lot about your mentality, not that I didn't already know it, but others can see it, not that they will get it.
There you go again seeker.
Your posts are meaningless, annoying and lack depth.
You come across as an angry impatient kid.
Try to control your temper tantrums.
Take it easy.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184131 Aug 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You honestly must be joking. Look, I actually got another contract job, and I am only still wasting time here because when I am reviewing all of the details that I need to review before I start the job, it fills my mind up too much because it is so complicated, so I come on here for light thinking entertainment and a mental break. Maybe I should ask rabbee for all of the answer for my code that I have to write. LOL!!!
<quoted text>
I don't think that's what God WOULD do, I think that it is what God DID do, for whatever reason. But then again, you already know that I do not take the divinity clause literally. I do not think that God abandoned heaven to come down on earth and live as a human. I explained to you what I think, and I know that you remember what I said. You just didn't like my idea because it doesn't fit into your box, but I have explained it numerous times and I am not going to explain it again. I KNOW that you remember it at this point for how many times I have explained it, so I am not going to play silly little repeat games and go into circular reasoning where we keep ending up back at the same point again that I have already explained numerous times. If you don't agree with my take on it, then fine. But stop revisiting things that have already been explained to you. Stop wasting out time.
Were you not able to secure the post you applied for?
Anyway, good luck with your new contract.
Read what you have said.....and you will find that you are describing yourself.
There is absolutely no logic in trying to stick god inside Jesus in any shape or form.
There is NO logic in your "logic".
The minute you keep quoting logic and reason we all know that you have no logic or reason.
how can mangod worshippers claim that they are logical?
Enough of all that.
You best get on with your work and earn a living instead of getting annoyed/digressed by self employed well to do people here.
Take care.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#184132 Aug 2, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

You may benefit a huge load if you come down from your artificial pedestal and go on Haj.
Haj is a worse form of mind control.

I've checked the videos and relics and samples of the Zam Zam water of the Haj and have seen through the subtle vision numerous demonic forces permeating the mosque, the phallic stone, the well and the Zam Zam water.

I was badly affected during the yogic investigation of the Kaaba as mentioned above and the ill-effects lasted for days.

Sorry to say so, even the words of the Quran radiate the same demonic forces.

Besides, I'm on a far higher intellectual level than Muhammad and so his teachings, aside from radiating those demonic forces that I mentioned above, are too childish and irrational for an intellectual with mystical experience to digest.

So, I can't even think of joining hands with evils like Islam and Haj.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#184133 Aug 2, 2013
Kaaba is a demon-possessed mosque! Beware!

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#184134 Aug 2, 2013
I'M ABOVE RELIGION - NO RELIGION FOR ME:

If at all I intend latching on to a religion, it will be Buddhism for known reasons. But, I prefer staying out of all religions since the knowledge at my disposal about the reality is way beyond the teachings of every religion even Buddhism. Every religion is a limitation and ultimately revolves around the worship of a typal being usually an typal evil being or at the most the faith could culminate in the worship of its founder who would be a person of perversity or have limited knowledge and ordinary inner experiences. With me the yogic experiences are continuing till the present in a most spontaneous way without me making any effort and so, I'd rather be a spiritualist or a mystico-rationalist who's free to explore the scales of the manifested reality leading right up to the source which is the unified field of consciousness-energy. Let's see how far it goes. At present, I'm on the sidelines.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#184135 Aug 2, 2013
typo - usually an evil typal being

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#184136 Aug 2, 2013
HIGHLIGHT:

Every religion is a limitation and ultimately revolves around the worship of a typal being usually an evil typal being or at the most the faith could culminate in the worship of its founder who would be a person of perversity or have limited knowledge and ordinary inner experiences.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#184137 Aug 2, 2013
Hugh dear:

You said on a few occasions in the recent past that you're a "genius" in A-level math and that you were able to complete the 2 year math course in 1 year.

So, a simple question for an A-level math genius like you (smiles):

e is the Euler number.

Euler (pronunciation: oil-er or oy-ler)

So, solve the series:

e = 1 + 2/2!+ 3/3!+........n-2)/(n-2)!+(n-1) /(n-1)!+ n/n!

(smiles)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 10 hr Eagle 12 4,690
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 21 thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun '16 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web