Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 220477 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183957 Jul 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There are seven people that I know of that have been reincarnated. Elijah, Gabriel, Michael, David, and Deborah the judge. On the side of the enemy, Adam and Jesus.
re·in·car·na·tion
[ree-in-kahr-ney-shuhn] Show IPA

noun
the belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form.
Could be in the form of an animal,insect,or tree etc..
A continued process through out eternity.
Which means no one knows who or what they are.
LOL!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#183958 Jul 31, 2013
JOWL THUMBS UP HIS ALMOST SUPRAMENTALIZED ASS,

Tell us all about the thousands of Adam/Eve pairs -genetically distinct, naturally- that or who materialized out of the cosmic ether in the distant past, and from whom we are all descended, presumably. Who or What ordered and coordinated this humanoid invasion of planet earth, and why? Also, prove your argument if you can, please.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#183959 Jul 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The root word, carnal means "of the flesh" Reincarnation is physical. Your spirit inhabits another soul (body).
SusanB--- If there is an incarnation, there can also be reincarnation

HughBe--- I take it that if there is such a thing as a BIRTH then there can also be a REBIRTH.

SusanB---Rebirth is spiritual, when we enter the family of God and/or receive the Holy Spirit

HughBe--- So is reincarnation, it is spiritual.

SusanB--... Reincarnation is physical.....

HughBe--- Birth is also physical e.g. your BIRTH.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#183960 Jul 31, 2013
Reincarnation continues gross material instincts but with its effulgence and ascension into the higher planes it loses that affinity for matter and as such it attains to its native degree of freedom and then it simply remains in a state of stato-dynamic equilibrium and on quitting the body it draws itself out of the lower causation and henceforth there's no compulsory devolution into matter from a state of disembodiment. The awakened psychic simply remains merged in the psychic plane or if it has successfully united in consciousness with any of the other higher planes it then remains merged in that plane. If at all the awakened psychic seeks to further its evolution, it may descend once again on to the plane of matter and be born into a family where the ancestral genes and surroundings give it the right admixture to boost its further development. There are several shades of causation at work in this case.

Location hidden

#183961 Jul 31, 2013
Several people with a partially awakened mind-in-vital link up with the psychic and in the process remember events of their previous birth without undergoing hypnosis. The latent memories come flooding back in bits or in a rush depending on how awakened the vital mind is and how closely attached it is to the psychic. On the other hand, under hypnosis, many people are known to speak fluently in alien languages or in very ancient tongues which are unknown to them in the present round of existence. Reincarnation follows the causal laws at every step. A rare Buddhist book on techniques of reviving dormant past life memories exists. The book is difficult to come by. I remember several of my past lives.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183962 Jul 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>re·in·car·na·tion
[ree-in-kahr-ney-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
the belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form.
Could be in the form of an animal,insect,or tree etc..
A continued process through out eternity.
Which means no one knows who or what they are.
LOL!
rabbee: it is why i, do not like the term - reincarnation. and prefer to use resurrection, where everyone is returned to their exact same body and in the exact same story as previously failed before.

at least to their, third or fourth visitation. for everyone who is here today, has been here twice before in the exact same story from G-D. in ominous danger of failing, for the third possibly final time.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183963 Jul 31, 2013
neither people, other animals, vegetables have been resurrected into anything else they never were. either you make it, to GanEden or you don't. and in fact rocks, animals, and vegetation has been resurrected more times than any of you. in this world that is, even dumber than the rocks.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183964 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven is a subtle plane of consciousness supported by its innate energy field.
Nirvana is a special condition of consciousness that is experienced by the sage while in the body on earth....
So, what is nirvana?
Is it trance? No.
Is it reincarnation? No.
Is it metempsychosis?
Is it the anima siddhi? No.
Is it stasis which is a still deeper condition of consciousness-force? No.
Is it an OBE? No.
Is it an NDE? No.
Is it a deep contemplative state? No.
Is it forgetfulness? No.
Is it nothingness? No.
Then what is it?
Leaving aside all ridiculous jargon and intellectual masturbation, you can define Nirvana as Bliss.

That is the closest word in English.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#183965 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Several people with a partially awakened mind-in-vital link up with the psychic and in the process remember events of their previous birth without undergoing hypnosis. The latent memories come flooding back in bits or in a rush depending on how awakened the vital mind is and how closely attached it is to the psychic. On the other hand, under hypnosis, many people are known to speak fluently in alien languages or in very ancient tongues which are unknown to them in the present round of existence. Reincarnation follows the causal laws at every step. A rare Buddhist book on techniques of reviving dormant past life memories exists. The book is difficult to come by. I remember several of my past lives.
Didn't you say Krishna was bad?

Location hidden

#183966 Jul 31, 2013
Joel TU, does existence stop when one attains Nirvana?

Location hidden

#183967 Jul 31, 2013
Nirvana is not bliss. It's a special condition of consciousness. Pure Bliss is a plane of consciousness by itself that is higher than even the supermind in the cosmic hierarchy. The cosmic bliss permeates or infiltrates the lower planes but in the process gets modified or constricted by the inferior movements of the lower planes. In matter, the infiltrated bliss is almost completely smothered and can rarely be felt. Happiness, delight or joy is a highly distorted form of bliss that's almost totally reliant on sensual pleasures and egoism of the mind-in-vital kind.

Location hidden

#183968 Jul 31, 2013
Existence is modified when nirvana is attained while living on earth in the body. Nirvana is a special condition of consciousness. It's opposite is anirvana which have a dual meaning - below or above nirvana.

Location hidden

#183969 Jul 31, 2013
typo - It's opposite is anirvana which HAS a dual meaning - below or above nirvana.

Location hidden

#183970 Jul 31, 2013
TYPO:

Reincarnation continues UNTIL gross material instincts DOMINATE THE PSYCHIC but with its (PSYCHIC'S) effulgence and ascension into the higher planes, it loses that affinity for matter and as such it attains to its native degree of freedom and then it simply remains in a state of stato-dynamic equilibrium and on quitting the body it draws itself out of the lower causation and henceforth there's no compulsory devolution into matter from a state of disembodiment.

Location hidden

#183971 Jul 31, 2013
david wrote:
and god saw the light that it was good. and god dvided the light from the darkness.
Why did your Creator God call certain things GOOD and label certain other things BAD when it's obvious that GOOD and BAD, in most ways, have superficial meanings and keep changing with circumstances and degree of evolution of consciousness?

Can you name a few GOOD things prescribed by your Creator God?

Can you list a few BAD things that your Creator God warned you against?

Location hidden

#183972 Jul 31, 2013
Buford (El Cid) is drunk having downed a bottle of cheap moonshine and is sitting in his bedroom in a torn pair of crotchless knickers as he, a menial worker - an assistant carpenter - slaving his bulging rear in a tiny loss-making shop, can't afford anything better. This homo is brooding about the days he spent in the catholic seminary learning hogwash, cringing when he remembers the day he was caught by the bishop having sex with a boy in the seminary, red in the face when he recalls how he was kicked out of the priesthood. Poor fellow.

(smiles)
bmz

Singapore

#183973 Jul 31, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i hate to tell you this bmz, but seeker is much more correct than you.
since previously in Shofteem, previously to your discussion it states: "A Prophet from your midst, from your brethern, like ME shall HaShem, your G-D, establish for you - to Him shall you harken".
and there is no other person in all of Ysraelee History that can fit that "like ME" description of G-D other than Yeshooah Adam. but still verifies my point, that THE OUR IMAGE of Yeshooah Adam is Ye-Hoo V-Hee (YHVH).
Let me tell you something which you do not know, Rabbee.

You are living inside theTorah. That is why you cannot read it. How can a bookworm read what is written in thePages of theTorah?

In order to be able to read and understand, you have to have theTorah before you. So, you have to crawl out and read. Only then you will know that Moses did not just bring out only the Hebrews. There were many others from various tribes. Those were all Hebrew slaves and descendants of Hebrews, not just Israelite slaves.

This is a fact, which no one can deny! Not even G_d and theYou in theTorah in theGanEden, my dear Rabbee.
bmz

Singapore

#183974 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
typo - It's opposite is anirvana which HAS a dual meaning - below or above nirvana.
That is incorrect, Joel.

Nirvana is considered ultimate bliss. Everything else has to be below Nirvana.

Location hidden

#183975 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
It's too complicated. I like simple things. But thanks again for expressing yourself.

Location hidden

#183976 Jul 31, 2013
The way I understand it, some groups of Buddhism believe that existence stops when one achieves Nirvana.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Thu Kathwynn 503
Pagans gather for elaborate Wiccan funeral of c... Thu shell 1
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... May 23 Dragnet52 5
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) May 21 Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead May 19 New Perspective 1
News POLL: Americans Turning Away from Religion May 15 Bible boy 1
News Carl Sagan as prophet of neo-Pagan Atheism May 12 geezerjock 1
More from around the web