Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,279

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#183869 Jul 30, 2013
http://t.now.msn.com/breast-feeding-longer-ca...

Breast-feeding longer boosts baby's IQ later in life, study says

Next time you wonder how your friends or colleagues got so darned smart, consider this: It may have something to do with how long they were breast-fed. A new study from Harvard University shows that children who are breast-fed longer have higher IQs than formula-fed kids, and the longer and more exclusively kids are given breast milk, the better. Researchers are careful to say it's an association, not causation, but each month the child was breast-fed exclusively in the first six months, he or she gained four-fifths of a point in verbal IQ by age 7. "Its not like you get an early advantage that falls away. Their study showed that the advantage seems to persist, said Sean Deoni, head of Brown University's Advanced Baby Imaging Lab.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183870 Jul 30, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you liked it Susan!
(smiles)
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183871 Jul 30, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>I am fine, for now, meaning that if JOEL THE STUDIED EUNUCH WHOSE FORMER MASTER IS A SORCERER WHO MEANS TO POSSESS HIS FORMER SLAVE AND RAPE HIS BRAIN AND THEN SOME, and Susan Bling/Blang/Blung the recovering psychotic are right about the impending deaths of billions owing to the malevolent machinations of the Masons and their ilk, then I suppose that I should probably take my vacation to Azerbaijan sooner rather than later, but my impression is that these luminaries, for all of their pontifications, don't REALLY know jack shit about anything, so I'll just continue living my life as usual...
Isaiah 28:22 "Now therefore be you not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord God of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth".
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#183872 Jul 30, 2013
Buford, find yourself a boy and roll into bed with him. Ha ha ha.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#183873 Jul 30, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Good is part of a dualism and so where there's good there's also bad. I(t's a play of the forces of good and bad with each jostling the other and attempting to dominate the play.
Buddha's innate nature was drawn from the Illumined Mind and so was transcendent - above the dualism of good and bad which are attributes of the physical, vital and mental ranges of consciousnesses.
The Higher Mind, Illumined Mind, Intuition Mind, Overmind, Supermind, Bliss and other superior ranges of consciousness stand above the lower triple planes of mind, vital and matter and are more inclined to the transcendental in an ascending hierarchy than to the dualism of good and bad which are inherent characteristics of the lower planes of mind, vital and matter.
Read the Buddha's grand teachings and read about his sublime actions and you'll learn why he was transcendant and not within the realm of the dualism of good and bad or light and shadow.
So let me try to understand this. Buddha was neither a good or a bad person? And an auxiliary question is who sets the standards for what means goodness or badness?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183874 Jul 30, 2013
El Cid wrote:
http://t.now.msn.com/breast-fe eding-longer-can-increase-iq-o f-child-later-in-life
Breast-feeding longer boosts baby's IQ later in life, study says
Next time you wonder how your friends or colleagues got so darned smart, consider this: It may have something to do with how long they were breast-fed. A new study from Harvard University shows that children who are breast-fed longer have higher IQs than formula-fed kids, and the longer and more exclusively kids are given breast milk, the better. Researchers are careful to say it's an association, not causation, but each month the child was breast-fed exclusively in the first six months, he or she gained four-fifths of a point in verbal IQ by age 7. "Its not like you get an early advantage that falls away. Their study showed that the advantage seems to persist, said Sean Deoni, head of Brown University's Advanced Baby Imaging Lab.
rabbee: and if you go into any research, with forgone conclusion. then you will slant your research results to support those preconceptions.

if you look long enough, if you measure a sufficient number of attributes, and if you are highly selective, you can eventually find statistical evidence to prove or disprove any claim.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#183875 Jul 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramadan Kareem, MUQ
I must also appreciate the manner in which you are conducting your exchanges with our friend Seeker, who has still a long way to go in order to be able to understand Isaiah, who cannot be understood using Greek glasses.
The Greek language is the mother of all confusions and problems in Christianity and it is the sole reason for her inability to grasp the Hebrew Scriptures, which we find it very easy to grasp.
Salaams
BMZ
I Thank you for following it our little chit chat.

He started with big boasts that No One can stand in debate with him and runs away.

I took the challenge and started it slowly and one step at a time.

He is trying to "Jump the queue" and start his vehement condemnation of our prophet, but I will bring that subject, Inshallah at its proper time.

Thanks once again for your comments.

Salaam and Ramadan Kareem.
david

Saint Paul, MN

#183876 Jul 30, 2013
when you know or understand something that no one knows , you only get smarter and more powerful everyday. your ideas and plans are bigger than the one before. you discover the world,and your mentors or leaders are nothing but mear humans that you can control from the bag of your exclusive knollege. why am I saying this, nothing am just board so I am here for fun so back to my bulcrap ,
to get this wisdom that will make you smart , you need the fallowing
1. need a arabic or heberew or geez or akadian or sumarian aramaic or what ever that is lisan shem dictionary
2. you need a book about music for dumies
3. you need the books of moses the old testaments and or the new testaments .
4. a pen and papers , a calculator
why ? because what I will tell you is a false statement. for fun to f k with your mind. This false statement should be said or shall I say I will say it in a way that should almost make sense or could be true . So here is the false statements why you need the 4 requirements mentioned above to attain this wisdom whitch is false.

in the beginig god created the heavens and the earth ?

why heavens and not " earths " ? are we really alone? lol , is not mars an earth ? is there not other word to discribe that god made this particular singular "earth " and another verb for mars , because common sense says mars and the moon or an astroied are not part of heavens . they are rocks ,solid , is heaven solid ? so mars should be part of earth but the book said " earth" singular , mars the moon etc were forgoten and were counted as a non " earth" rock but a solid visible "heavens ". NOW DO YOU LIKE THIS FALSE STATMENTS AND QUESTIONS ? more ? ok .

BY WHITCH CAME FIRST OF THE DEED OF GOD , HE SKY'ED AND HE EARTH'ED

sky'ed is the heavens for they are not solid . earth'ed is the solid . skying and earthying refers to every thing meaning plural even right now in english let alon in a sematic language created by god. speaking of language of god here is another false statement I just pulled right out of my bulst bagg. There is a code in the bible . surprised ? why would not be one,I mean seriously its a book from god . and why someone writting a book thats going to be the one book would not put a code ? I would . any ways this code are numbers and what u need is the 4 mentioned above . I will not give you any other hint. because I am having fun being the only one to notice when some one dips into there bulsht bagg. what will you discover ? I dont know . you tell me . I would love to see how you will walk up to a muslim a christian or a jew and say " let me explain to you what your messenger is trying to tell you " because you will discover nothing. there is nothing. its just a book. because this is a false statment and I am writting it because I am board .

Location hidden

#183877 Jul 30, 2013
david wrote:
when you know or understand something that no one knows , you only get smarter and more powerful everyday. your ideas and plans are bigger than the one before. you discover the world,and your mentors or leaders are nothing but mear humans that you can control from the bag of your exclusive knollege. why am I saying this, nothing am just board so I am here for fun so back to my bulcrap ,
to get this wisdom that will make you smart , you need the fallowing
1. need a arabic or heberew or geez or akadian or sumarian aramaic or what ever that is lisan shem dictionary
2. you need a book about music for dumies
3. you need the books of moses the old testaments and or the new testaments .
4. a pen and papers , a calculator
why ? because what I will tell you is a false statement. for fun to f k with your mind. This false statement should be said or shall I say I will say it in a way that should almost make sense or could be true . So here is the false statements why you need the 4 requirements mentioned above to attain this wisdom whitch is false.
in the beginig god created the heavens and the earth ?
why heavens and not " earths " ? are we really alone? lol , is not mars an earth ? is there not other word to discribe that god made this particular singular "earth " and another verb for mars , because common sense says mars and the moon or an astroied are not part of heavens . they are rocks ,solid , is heaven solid ? so mars should be part of earth but the book said " earth" singular , mars the moon etc were forgoten and were counted as a non " earth" rock but a solid visible "heavens ". NOW DO YOU LIKE THIS FALSE STATMENTS AND QUESTIONS ? more ? ok .
BY WHITCH CAME FIRST OF THE DEED OF GOD , HE SKY'ED AND HE EARTH'ED
sky'ed is the heavens for they are not solid . earth'ed is the solid . skying and earthying refers to every thing meaning plural even right now in english let alon in a sematic language created by god. speaking of language of god here is another false statement I just pulled right out of my bulst bagg. There is a code in the bible . surprised ? why would not be one,I mean seriously its a book from god . and why someone writting a book thats going to be the one book would not put a code ? I would . any ways this code are numbers and what u need is the 4 mentioned above . I will not give you any other hint. because I am having fun being the only one to notice when some one dips into there bulsht bagg. what will you discover ? I dont know . you tell me . I would love to see how you will walk up to a muslim a christian or a jew and say " let me explain to you what your messenger is trying to tell you " because you will discover nothing. there is nothing. its just a book. because this is a false statment and I am writting it because I am board .
Dictionaries and lexicons are aids. They are ostensibly written by those who know the subject. Some of us wonder about things beyond that which we can see, feel, and touch. We wonder how it is that the earth is the only known body with green plants and animals and things like these, including humans. Therefore, some of us look to God, or a Higher Power, unseen, for answers. I do not believe the earth and heavenly bodies just happened. I believe Someone caused them to be. Therefore, I also believe this Person or Creator is a superior being and knows more than we do.
david

Saint Paul, MN

#183878 Jul 30, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Dictionaries and lexicons are aids. They are ostensibly written by those who know the subject. Some of us wonder about things beyond that which we can see, feel, and touch. We wonder how it is that the earth is the only known body with green plants and animals and things like these, including humans. Therefore, some of us look to God, or a Higher Power, unseen, for answers. I do not believe the earth and heavenly bodies just happened. I believe Someone caused them to be. Therefore, I also believe this Person or Creator is a superior being and knows more than we do.
I belive and love and Will do my best to walk with the one.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#183879 Jul 30, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Buford, find yourself a boy and roll into bed with him. Ha ha ha.
JOWL, if you'd simply start playing with your Hostile Vital Penis, you wouldn't be so obsessed with mine.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183880 Jul 30, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Dictionaries and lexicons are aids. They are ostensibly written by those who know the subject. Some of us wonder about things beyond that which we can see, feel, and touch. We wonder how it is that the earth is the only known body with green plants and animals and things like these, including humans.

Therefore, some of us look to God, or a Higher Power, unseen, for answers. I do not believe the earth and heavenly bodies just happened. I believe Someone caused them to be. Therefore, I also believe this Person or Creator is a superior being and knows more than we do.
Well said.

I use the same answer, when responding to atheists. Thanks

Location hidden

#183881 Jul 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
I use the same answer, when responding to atheists. Thanks
Thank you. The Creator is bigger than we are.:-) God can lead us to the truth and faith, but, as the Bible says, not everyone has faith.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183882 Jul 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
02. Now you are trying "reverse logic", instead of Jesus being prophesized, now you say "Nothing excludes him from being prophesized"!! So instead of "Qualifying, we work on Not being excluded"?
That is not a reversal of my logic at all. I have consistently said that that if there is something important that outright excludes the person, then there is no need to look further. That is the first thing we look at because if something excludes that person, there is no need to look any further. That logic has been plastered all over my posts repeatedly. If there is something important that outright excludes Jesus from being the person prophecized, then we throw Jesus out and say he cannot be that person prophecized. If there is not, THEN we further explore any similarities that he might have or might not have and we look at things such as the context of the verse and other things. This is proper logic, and if you do not agree, there is no need to continue the discussion.

Sorry if proper logic does not allow you to build your case, but logic is logic. All you want to do is to ignore a very important key factor of the prophecy that Muhammad fails on, and merely pay attention to where he MIGHT succeed. This is flawed logic, and I have wasted a TON of time in this discussion. You should have told me what you wanted to do up front and we both could have saved a lot of time, but you refused to do so, and I knew it would inevitably lead to this and I tried to tell you that time and time again, but you kept ignoring it and now we have both wasted a lot of time and it all could have easily been avoided. So, as I predicted I would be, I am now pissed off for wasting this time, and I shouldn't have kept wasting it because I knew where it was going to lead right from the beginning. So I guess it's my fault as well. There was nothing clever or even sound at all in your methodology and what you were trying to build and I don't know why you thought there was. Take some formal courses in logic and philosophy. They train people how to properly dissect an issue rather than attempt to skew the rules of logic.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183884 Jul 31, 2013
david wrote:
<quoted text>
I belive and love and Will do my best to walk with the one.
rabbee: how many have said that before, when they didn't really? when i can tell by all the leaders in this world, this is not a G-Dly Nation or world. because of the evil and wicked leaders, you all deserve in your own hell.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183885 Jul 31, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ & Salutations O Comedic ONE! LOL! I really appreciate your sense of piousness.its one of your strong suites in light of your keen sensibilities and scholarly nature. The link was absolutely a lesson in laughter.The news person had no clue what to really ask,even though the master scholar literally gave her so many waypoints even a child with an open mind would have responded better!LOL! May ALLAH lead you to a fine bottle of Shiraz! lets say yr-1969!LOL! CheerZ
lol!

Skinner,

At home, we call Fox, the Comedy Central. When I get bored of CNN, BBC and others, I ask my family to switch to Comedy Central and Fox comes on.

Every presenter and every character on that channel is a clown, Rabbeen.

The best that I heard from Fox was this gem of a hypocrisy:

"If you observe any media bias, please alert Fox!" (Something like this)

1950-53 Shiraz would be lovely, because that is the time, when the US and the UK destroyed democracy in Iran.

She sounded more like Shamma!

Salaams
BMZ
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183886 Jul 31, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. The Creator is bigger than we are.:-) God can lead us to the truth and faith, but, as the Bible says, not everyone has faith.
rabbee: every one has the same amount of faith, even if they misplace it wherever they want. and all of that, is in some form of lying. for this world does not worship, TheG-D of TheTorah here in IT again that i know. in the exact same again world and their grandmother, thrice again making all the same old mistakes and expecting different results. for the third time, the whole world is sunken even lower than the same again titanic.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#183887 Jul 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
Skinner,
At home, we call Fox, the Comedy Central. When I get bored of CNN, BBC and others, I ask my family to switch to Comedy Central and Fox comes on.
1950-53 Shiraz would be lovely, because that is the time, when the US and the UK destroyed democracy in Iran.
Salaams
BMZ
Salaamz BaeraDaer BMZ. LOL! Tru that! They,re clowns alright,and probably one of the reasons I hate to watch the media circus. You mention 1950-53 vintage shiraz and with good reason.It explains a story My father was fond of telling from his point of view.He blamed the extremist muslim regime for extricateing the shiraz family and their lovely wines! LOL!Thus leaveing Lovely Iran a dry country!Sad really. Cheerz
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183888 Jul 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
Skinner,

Salaams
BMZ
rabbee: well maybe G-D thought, evil iran needed their evil help. or are you silly enough, to think G-D commanded this to happen because iran has ever been any good or innocent?

are you stupid enough to believe, that G-D is going to give this whole traitorous lying and all guilty world with any peace?

are you ignorant enough, to believe that G-D. is going to give this whole lying world, that helped the most subtle talking critter of the fields. to deceive their grandmother of all thrice again, here in the same story with any peace?

when the lack of peace in this delusional world, is commanded by G-D. just like all other, pestilence, plague and famine you all deserve worse for. when the problem with about seven billion problems, is that they cannot understand they are the problem against G-D here in TheTorah again.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183889 Jul 31, 2013
what is wrong with, this whole evil and wicked lying world? that can't even figure out what happens next, after G-D has always had Adam put to death here in TheTorah.
where even all the hypocrites, who claim to know TheTorah don't believe their here in IT again from G-D.
G-D has Adam put to death, because you are all already gone brain dead with the subtle talking critters of the fields.
in this exact same old world again, where all the hypocrites. do not believe they are actually here, in the same story with adam and their grandmother again. because you all think that TheG-D WHO is, again giving only TheTorah is a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) 21 hr thefinestallmoved... 16
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov '14 scribbles 1
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) Nov '14 scribbles 25
More from around the web