Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 243156 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#183320 Jul 22, 2013
the question put forward to Muhammad
as recorded first by al-Tha'labi (11th century), followed by Ibn Kathir (14th century), was
"Ma kana min amrihim?" (What was their story?)
Seeker wrote:
The Jews told the non-believers of Makkah to ask Muhammad,
"WHO ARE THE YOUTHS WHO DISAPPEARED, AND HOW MANY WERE THEY?"
which source you cited the above from?
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#183321 Jul 22, 2013
Jesus said: "After the Tribulation, the stars will fall from the sky" (Matt 24:29)
Seeker wrote:
First of all, this is Jesus quoting from Isaiah.
Isaiah and other prophets said that the stars will cease to shine and become dark
only Jesus (god) said that they will FALL
fall down to where? down to earth? lol

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183322 Jul 22, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
and how old was Noah?
It doesn't matter, since, unlike you, I don't believe in tales.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#183323 Jul 22, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Isaiah and other prophets said that the stars will cease to shine and become dark.
Hey idiot,

Did these so-called Hebrew prophets know about black holes?

Were they aware that the sun is also a star?

Did they know the stars shine due to thermonuclear fusion involving hydrogen and helium?

So, they were as ignorant as Jesus, right?

If you must condemn one, condemn the others as well. This is fair-mindedness and the sign of good breeding.

Ok, filthy idiot?
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#183324 Jul 22, 2013
what is the holy spirit/ruach ha-kodesh?

"a spiritual light that is visible" - Ibn Ezra
"a miraculous light created to confer honor on a person or a place" - Maimonides
"al-jism al-latif al-ruhani (a subtle spiritual substance)" - Judah ha-Levi
"nur Allah (light of Allah)- a created light made visible to a prophet in order to verify the divine origin of his revelations" - Saadia Gaon

Location hidden

#183325 Jul 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish you all the best and I hope you will keep writing here,even after you get the rewarding job.
There is nothing wrong with being rich and making more money as long as you take care of teh poor and the needy. May the good LORD smite you with more money. Amen
No one would love to see you disappear. Trust Me!
You can check with Buford for whom, I have a soft spot in my heart. There is one for you too.
Please do not leave if you get the job. If you do that you will be leaving us to torture by Shamma of Bashan.
Good luck!
Obviously you want your antagonists to be here, otherwise if they disappear you don't know how to pass the day.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#183326 Jul 22, 2013
Ruach is the lowly breath of life or the vital airs (life force). Nothing more. How inferior. LOL.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183327 Jul 22, 2013
uhuh wrote:
what is the holy spirit/ruach ha-kodesh?
"a spiritual light that is visible" - Ibn Ezra
"a miraculous light created to confer honor on a person or a place" - Maimonides
"al-jism al-latif al-ruhani (a subtle spiritual substance)" - Judah ha-Levi
"nur Allah (light of Allah)- a created light made visible to a prophet in order to verify the divine origin of his revelations" - Saadia Gaon
That is very interesting uhuh. When I was baptized in the Elizabeth river 30 years ago the boat was called the "New Spirit", they were on a cruise and shined a spotlight on me as I sat upon the rocks. I didn't know the spirit had anything to do with light.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183328 Jul 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
<SNIP>
Would you please just shut up? My time is becoming very limited and I am only interested in conversation with BMZ and MUQ at this point. I'm tired of wasting time with a twisted little boy who has very deep issues. Simon was right about you, and so was even susanblange, which actually surprised me. I have no idea why I ever even wasted any time with you and that was stupid of me. you are nothing but a troll on a forum about Islam who can't do one single thing to defend Islam and can only discuss Christianity, and you can only do that in a very limited fashion. I have no idea what value that you imagine that you have that you bring to the party. You're just an annoyance, and if some of your fellow Muslims bros were allowed to tell you that, it wouldn't surprise me if some of them did, but they aren't allowed to.
You are doing well on these threads as a Muslim slave.
Muslims count on your being a Muslim suck ass, they will miss you.
With or with out your input Muslims will still continue to murder innocent people for their god called Allah.
For you are not sure if its wrong or right, and that is what Muslims like about you.
You beg to be accepted by Muslims as a friend to Muhammad the liar,
rapist, robber and murderer.
Muslims know they can count on you to cause strife among believers in the God-Man Jesus Christ.
Muslims know you put your ego ahead of truth.

Location hidden

#183329 Jul 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are doing well on these threads as a Muslim slave.
With or with out your input Muslims will still continue to murder innocent people for their god called Allah.
For you are not sure if its wrong or right, and that is what Muslims like about you.
You beg to be accepted by Muslims as a friend to Muhammad the liar,
rapist, robber and murderer.
Muslims know they can count on you to cause strife among believers in the God-Man Jesus Christ.
Muslims know you put your ego ahead of truth.
What the hell are you talking about? You have no understanding of what a poster writes.

I think at some point in your life you have beaten your head too strong.

Location hidden

#183330 Jul 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That is very interesting uhuh. When I was baptized in the Elizabeth river 30 years ago the boat was called the "New Spirit", they were on a cruise and shined a spotlight on me as I sat upon the rocks. I didn't know the spirit had anything to do with light.
And you still don't know even today anything about the Holy Spirit.
It is not that the Holy Spirit is not present, its that you reject it, and so it is worthless to you.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183331 Jul 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be surprised if they reject you.
Your intellectual skills are below par and I also wonder about your professional qualifications.
What do you know about software development? And the answer is...NOTHING.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, you lack mental and emotional tenacity and poise and come across as a smooth talker with a gift of the gab using ordinary/substandard English.
Ordinary English is actually a preferred method of communication for people, rather than using meaningless jargon such as yourself. If you spoke the way you do in the professional world, people would not want to speak to you very much. People don't care about abstract ten dollar words or meaningless jargon and buzzwords
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you living on dole/welfare at present considering the amount of time you spend online typing garbage in defense of the false savior, Jesus?
I have been a software development contractor with a placement firm and haven't gotten many assignments in the last few months. Only assignments that last a few days or a week because the amount of work they needed was small. I have been living off the money that I made when the small company I worked for got bought out by a larger company, but that is finally dwindling, so I need to find something full time. I have to admit that my time here has not been well spent and I have to step things up a bit and quit being so lazy by just posting here.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, do you work in a poorly paid job?
When I work as a temp contractor, I'm going to take a wild guess that my hourly rate exceeds anything that you have even come close to. But I don't talk about money.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's find out what the future holds for you.
My intuition tells me that you don't have a bright future.
let's find out.
Regards.
Hey, if it's not this job, it will be the next one. I've had 5 different recruiters call me after I recently put my resume out on dice.com , so there is at least certainly some initial interest in my skills. Microsoft SharePoint developers are not a dime a dozen. It's a very specific skill set.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement and keep that good karma up. LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183332 Jul 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
SEEKER may well be rejected by Microsoft and if by chance he gets the job he'll soon be forced to quit being unable to cope with the job pressures or he'll get the sack for poor performance. Seeker does not have a bright future and will forever be struggling in life where materialism is concerned.
It's not a job with Microsoft, dumbass. Microsoft SharePoint is a giant web application tool that all sorts of corporations use to manage their documents and business processes, so you don't even have the faintest idea of what you are speaking about. So how you can even begin to comment is beyond me. Why don't you move forward with that big invention you said you have that is going to save the world?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183333 Jul 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are doing well on these threads as a Muslim slave.
Shamma, you have done nothing but made an azz of yourself here and your are an embarrassment to Christians because essentially, you're just a nasty person. You're not even sarcastic or even insulting, you're just nasty and people laugh at you. You copy and paste articles that span over 5 posts and monopolize entire pages, but when it comes time for you yourself to say anything, it's usually pretty ignorant and all you can do is to repeat over and over that Muslims are going to hell. Do you honestly think those statements mean even one single thing to them? You obviously have no mind of your own and have probably never thought an original thought of your own in your entire life.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183334 Jul 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't cause any strife that your yourself doesn't cause. Christians are not supposed to behave like Muslims and have an "us verses them" team sort of ethos. So Christians do not defend each other, whether they are right or wrong, just because they are Christians. That's what Muslims do, but that's not what Christians are supposed to do. Either one is right, or they are wrong, regardless of whether they are Christian or not, and I must say that your behavior embarrasses me. You make Christians look stupid and you confirm some of the negative stereotypes that people have for them.

Location hidden

#183335 Jul 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? You have no understanding of what a poster writes.
I think at some point in your life you have beaten your head too strong.
Seeker shouldn't throw stones if he doesn't want stones thrown back at him.

I don't accept good and evil mixed together to produce an apparent good that includes murdering innocent people for the cause of Muslim mob rule
We all have a human right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness with out Muslim religious thugs and murderer's wanting to use their religious mob laws to rule the world..

Muslims refuse to debate their religion as a religious government in wanting to subdue all non-Muslims under their control.
This thread ask the question "Who is Allah"
Under Muslim religious laws Allah is the Muslim religious government representing God on earth, and all peoples are subject to the religious laws made by Muhammad their prophet.

And I for one do not accept Muhammad as having authority over my life.

This thread is not about Jesus Christ, its about the Muslim god called Allah.

Location hidden

#183336 Jul 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't cause any strife that your yourself doesn't cause. Christians are not supposed to behave like Muslims and have an "us verses them" team sort of ethos. So Christians do not defend each other, whether they are right or wrong, just because they are Christians. That's what Muslims do, but that's not what Christians are supposed to do. Either one is right, or they are wrong, regardless of whether they are Christian or not, and I must say that your behavior embarrasses me. You make Christians look stupid and you confirm some of the negative stereotypes that people have for them.
Tell me what you believe is right and wrong in the teaching of Jesus Christ?
Are Christians suppose to have a blind eye to the evils of Muslims using Muhammad as the last prophet as an excuse to subdue and murder innocent people?

According to your beliefs Seeker, Christians are supposed to be willing allow Muslims to define good and evil to Christians according to their Muslim prophet Muhammad.
Well Seeker that is not what Christians are taught by the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels to do.

According to the teachings of Jesus Christ, liars, rapist, robbers, and murder's will not enter into the kingdom of God.

And again according to your beliefs Seeker it is wrong for Christians to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ to publicly rebuke those that do such things.

Of course you are not a Christian, yet your personal ego is ruffled by Christians acting like Christians in rebuking the evil Muslims live and commit under the command of their prophet Muhammad.

You are a beggar Seeker!
You beg to be accepted by Muslim as a self righteous idiot..
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#183337 Jul 22, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Jesus said: "After the Tribulation, the stars will fall from the sky" (Matt 24:29)
<quoted text>
Isaiah and other prophets said that the stars will cease to shine and become dark
only Jesus (god) said that they will FALL
fall down to where? down to earth? lol
Uhuh, clearly they will cease to shine because they will run out of fuel.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#183338 Jul 22, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
no I was talking about the "crowds" in the fictional gospels -- why did they want Jesus dead
the jews got rid of him like they got rid of other "false prophets", NOT because he claimed divinity
1. I want you to read your own words with care and understanding.
2. I want you to compare your own words i.e. the former and now the current ones.
3. I want you to accept my forgiveness for the nonsense that you have written.

Uhuh, previously---the JEWS in the FICTIONAL gospels accuse Jesus of claiming divinity learned real-life Jews know that Jesus did no such thing - it was Paul,'John' and the Church fathers who ascribe divinity to Jesus

Uhuh, currently---no I was talking about the "crowds" in the fictional gospels -- why did they want Jesus dead
the jews got rid of him like they got rid of other "false prophets", NOT because he claimed divinity

Hugh--- Was Paul, the Jew, the former Pharisee a "learned real-life Jew"? I ask because YOU have said that learned real Jews knew that Jesus did not claim divinity. You also said Paul, the Jew, the former Pharisee, the persecutor of Christinas did attributed divinity to Jesus. Get It?

Was Nicodemus, a pharisee and " a ruler of the Jews" a "learned real-life" Jew?

Did he kill Jesus?

What about Matthew the Tax collector and Jew, was he learned? Did he kill Jesus?

John 12:42 "Nevertheless among the CHIEF RULERS also MANY believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:"

Tell me, Uhuh, are the CHIEF RULERS LEARNED Jews? Note they are mentioned in the Gospels.

Learn this, Jesus your "little YHWH" was MURDERED by the Pharisees because they were Jealous of Him and they sought to protect their status as pharaohs over the children of Israel.

Finally, which one of your sages are one with God?

Which one of them came down from HEAVEN? Jesus said that He did.

Location hidden

#183339 Jul 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Seeker shouldn't throw stones if he doesn't want stones thrown back at him.
I don't accept good and evil mixed together to produce an apparent good that includes murdering innocent people for the cause of Muslim mob rule
We all have a human right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness with out Muslim religious thugs and murderer's wanting to use their religious mob laws to rule the world..
Muslims refuse to debate their religion as a religious government in wanting to subdue all non-Muslims under their control.
This thread ask the question "Who is Allah"
Under Muslim religious laws Allah is the Muslim religious government representing God on earth, and all peoples are subject to the religious laws made by Muhammad their prophet.
And I for one do not accept Muhammad as having authority over my life.
This thread is not about Jesus Christ, its about the Muslim god called Allah.
What exactly he said that bother you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Just Saying 3,981
Interesting Satanic site 22 hr dGo mnDDae lyHo i... 2
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... Jan 29 Wrong problem 45
News Satellite images confirm: Iraq's oldest monaste... Jan 23 PATRIOT_TEXAN 4
News 5Ted Cruz: Evangelical darling or a pagan bruta... Jan 16 Elise In Seattle 1
News Annual crops protection ritual held at Hartley ... Jan 16 Elise In Seattle 1
News 7 Things Mindful People Do Before 9 A.M. Jan 16 Elise In Seattle 1
More from around the web