Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 250817 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#183069 Jul 18, 2013
BOTTOM LINE: Efficient genes and good karma that're based on making proper use of one's innate genetic capacity hold the key to creating a world devoid of poverty and misery or at the least these negatives can be minimized.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183070 Jul 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And let's use your same exact stupid logic. Where does the Quran actually say these exact words? This is the word for word dictation of me, Allah". Where? But we can piece together that it is, but on the other hand, we can't use multiple, indirect verses from the Bible to do the same thing and draw conclusions from it. Instead, those EXACT words that YOU demand must be there.
In fact, here's another one. Show me where the Quran exactly says "you must pray 5 times per day". Do you like my behavior right now? Well it's your behavior. Now again, that's enough for me of playing in the stupid little boy's baby pool. Go find a mindless person such as yourself to play little rubber duckies with. Maybe Shamma might. Nobody else seems willing to.
Moronic slave..
When did BJ say "I am (your) God"?
We are not interested in in subtle innuendos.
Couldn't BJ even say that?
What a loser! You are worshipping a Jewish man who claimed that he came only for them and thought that gentiles like you were dogs and pigs.
Pathetic fool, my slave.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183071 Jul 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I would prefer to quote Paul's Bull Shit in Hebrews 1 first. Let us first see what he really wrote himself.
This is how Hebrews 1 will look like, before his copying and pasting from the Jewish Scriptures' poor copy OT:
"1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs."
In above lines of his own, he shows Jesus superior to angels.
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,(Paul's own line)
He copies and pastes Psalm 2:7, 2 Samuel 7:14; 1 Chron. 17:13.
6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,(Paul's own line)
He copies and pastes Deut. 32:43 (see Dead Sea Scrolls and Septuagint)
7 In speaking of the angels he says,(Paul's own line)
He copies and pastes Psalm 104:4
8 But about the Son he says,(Paul's own line)
He copies and pastes Psalm 45:6,7
10 He also says,(Paul's own line)
He copies and pastes Psalm 102:25-27
13 To which of the angels did God ever say,(Paul's own line)
He copies and pastes Psalm 110:1
14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?(Paul's own last line)
That is why Hebrews 1 is Paul's FRAUD!
God calling Jesus God! Bull Shit! Please stop trying to fool the readers.
Brilliant, bro!
Ahhh...copying and pasting are not just Shamma's forte?
Shamma learned it from good ole Paul, eh? LOL.
God calls Jesus God and in return Jesus calls God his Father that makes God the Father of God - namely, himself!
Or is BJ the Father of God - namely, himself?
Oh dear...oh dear
Salaams.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183072 Jul 18, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
BOTTOM LINE: Efficient genes and good karma that're based on making proper use of one's innate genetic capacity hold the key to creating a world devoid of poverty and misery or at the least these negatives can be minimized.
You mean you need the right ingredients for a good curry, unlike the phosphorus in the food of poor starving indian children.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183073 Jul 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post, Rabbeen.
We have never considered you a babe. We count you among peers.
Absolutely, bro!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183074 Jul 18, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the poor to produce less kids instead of them multiplying like mice.
When you don't have the means, why procreate n number of children?
Have none or 1 or 2 kids at the most if you desire good for yourself, for your kids and for the world.
This constructive step would indicate responsible/sensible thinking and actions.
Feeding the poor? Has it eradicated poverty in the world? No!
Prayers and rituals and prophetic messages? Has this solved any of the numerous material, physical, emotional and mental problems in the world? Have they helped the world make progress in telecommunications, astrophysics, medicine, space exploration, energy production, generating employment opportunities, transportation and the like? No.
Efficient genes and good karma that're based on making proper use of one's innate genetic capacity holds the key to a creating a world devoid of poverty and misery or at least these negatives can be minimized in this way.
LOL.
There is a difference between feeding the poor and feeding off the poor.
How do you propose to solve this problem Joel?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183075 Jul 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
With the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD, the priesthood of Aaron and the Levites
came to an end as well.

Thus, a physical priesthood was no longer required because Christ was
serving as High Priest in heaven, making intercession for the saints before God the Father
Making intercession for the saints?

It is generally thought that the saints were noble and good in the sight of God.

That is hilarious! Do you ever think before you write or copy?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#183076 Jul 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

There is a difference between feeding the poor and feeding off the poor.

How do you propose to solve this problem Joel?
Corrupt practices should be dealt with by the law.

This is besides the point.

Whereas the poor should stop producing a large number of kids and refrain from sponging off the government via dole or welfare and they should also stop asking the rich to subsidize their self-made suffering/burden.

I say procreate in limited number so that the family is happy and suffering due to want is minimized.

Neither charity nor religion has solved/mitigated the problems of poverty and suffering in the world which on the contrary are on the rise everywhere.

A person of self-respect and good sense will not wish to feed off others like a parasite/vampire and so each person should be brave and sensible enough to take responsibility for his/her own actions.

Efficient genes and constructive use of genetic capacity and making the best use of opportunities that come our way differentiate the successful from the defeated.

Be proactive!

As a first step to mitigating poverty, people should stop procreating in large numbers - have none, 1 or 2 kids at the most.

Another significant pointer worth observing is the imperative need to refrain from abnormal eugenic practices like incest, inbreeding and hypogamy that damage the gene pool thereby reducing genetic efficiency.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183077 Jul 18, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text> SalaamZ Most Sharp One! LOL! I am as a Babe amoung giants here,but for what its worth thankx for the compliments. Here,s a little fyi you may use as another equaliZer and simple examples of historical corruptions of "biblical" perportionZ LOL...1000-50B.C. The origins of the bible stories starts with the Hebrew scriptures Tauraat & Tanaakh. 200 B.C. begins the first translations to greek otherwise known as the Septuagint(lxx) & includes 46 books. 30-100 A.D. Crosstians steal and call the hebrew script their own.resulting in a knee/jerk reaction by the rabbinacle order who convien the council of Jamniah and canonize their scripture to prevent further tampering.(A.D.100). 400 A.D. Jerome translates his version,hebrew to greek to latin.He wants to limit the O.T. & leaves out 7 books. Pope Damasus intervenes and puts the kybosh on jerome.the result is the Vulgate. 1536 A.D. in luthers translations he puts the same 7 books at the end and calls it apocrypha. 1546 A.D. The council of trent canonizes all 46 books.at this juncture the bible is heavily intermixed with additions and alterations.* 140 A.D. Marcion of rome starts up the good father god vs the cruel god yahweh.His own anti-semiticizm causes him to discard any evidence of jesus and His jewishness.Fortunately the Pope intervenes and the church is forced to decide on a core canon.I,ll stop here for time constraints but you get the idea of what a bumpy ride the formation of the bibles has taken,right up to and includeing the Nicene conference where the books in their entirety were hotly debated. Thus the bible disortions takes on biblical perportions!LOL! CheerZ
SalaamZ and SalutationZ dear Rabbeen Al Jihad our peer skinner of sinners! You are giving the crossdressers are great headache here with your great posts. Instead of answering us, they run or go crazy or both!
You have made some very good points there Rabbeen.
You see, if we ask them for their books they are unable to come up with one set....How many books? 66...73..78..81...84..?
How many versions? Why each version differs?
They may say, that is how "god"'s divine hands guide the writers over a cliff of inspiration!

About Versions: Just look at Luke 2:48-49..Let's make ALL upper case "Father"

English Standard Version (©2001)
And when his parents saw him, they were astonished (why? is BJ not from holy ghost?). And his mother said to him,“Son, why have you treated us so? Behold, your Father(joseph) and I have been searching for you in great distress.”

And he said to them,“Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father (joseph?)’s house?”

Or is it better with KJV?? LOL...

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And when they saw him, they were amazed (why amazed? Didn't holy ghost give them a clue about his abilities?): and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy Father joseph) and I have sought thee sorrowing.

And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father(joseph)'s BUSINESS?

They wrote some books...these did not give them ammunition to create a mangod who turns into a lamb...so they write more books...there are no originals...so they work on copies and translations....with results like above!
Thank you again Rabbeen Al Jihad.
CheerZ.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183078 Jul 18, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Corrupt practices should be dealt with by the law.
This is besides the point.
Whereas the poor should stop producing a large number of kids and refrain from sponging off the government via dole or welfare and they should also stop asking the rich to subsidize their self-made suffering/burden.
I say procreate in limited number so that the family is happy and suffering due to want is minimized.
Neither charity nor religion has solved/mitigated the problems of poverty and suffering in the world which on the contrary are on the rise everywhere.
A person of self-respect and good sense will not wish to feed off others like a parasite/vampire and so each person should be brave and sensible enough to take responsibility for his/her own actions.
Efficient genes and constructive use of genetic capacity and making the best use of opportunities that come our way differentiate the successful from the defeated.
Be proactive!
As a first step to mitigating poverty, people should stop procreating in large numbers - have none, 1 or 2 kids at the most.
Another significant pointer worth observing is the imperative need to refrain from abnormal eugenic practices like incest, inbreeding and hypogamy that damage the gene pool thereby reducing genetic efficiency.
Sure, Joel. But how would you implement this without huge riots?
Have politicians got the "balls" to face up to reality?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#183079 Jul 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Sure, Joel. But how would you implement this without huge riots?

Have politicians got the "balls" to face up to reality?
This can be done through education, providing incentives like free or subsidized vocational training in certain trades/school and college scholarships, giving monetary assistance/soft long term loans to the needy to help them set up small scale or cottage industries, elimination of middle men who pay producers a pittance while jacking up prices and in the process fleecing the producers as well as the buyers, providing better remuneration for producers of food and essential items of home use manufactured in home industries and enactment of certain laws like for instance prohibiting damaging eugenic practices like incest, inbreeding and hypogamy.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183080 Jul 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
My permanent slave who is getting SICKER by the minute.
You are confirming to the world that you are a BIG LIAR and a retard.
I have ALWAYS asked for proof from the Synoptic Gospels.
Who needs your "opinion" when I have asked for PROOF from the SYNOPTIC Gospels? Your opinions are twisted and not worth anything.
Then don't even post anything to me. You have my answer. If you don't like it, then tough. My answer has always been and will always be the same. Sorry if you never thought of my take on the whole matter and it doesn't fit into your stupid little template. Go repeat your questions 200 times to someone else. Thank God for copy and paste, right? Otherwise you would have had to type out that long list of redundant questions over 200 times. Now shut up. Go play with some fool who is more your simplicity level.
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you THIS thick? You really are a useless retard.
LISTEN to ME, you MORON....I HAVE ASKED THE QUESTIONS...SO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS, not yours!!:
Here they are AGAIN (I will get to john, by many johnnies written hundreds of years later, at leisure eventhough you can't even produce a piece of its original):
I have asked you 17 SIMPLE YES/NO questions using the Synoptic Gospels starting with Mark..then Matt...then Luke.
THAT IS ALL.
I have answered it. The synoptic Gospels do not say EXACTLY what YOU demand them to say. Each Gospel has different purposes. Each author decided to tell about different aspects of Jesus. John does, and Thomas does as well. Thomas has an entirely different purpose than the canonized Gospels, and I told you that the real question is how they determined which Gospels should be canonized. And as far as I can tell, they only picked the Gospels that tell a story and therefore ignored Thomas.

And I could show you verses from the synoptic Gospels as well that you will not like because they don't suit your story. For example, I showed you the verses from Luke where it says for them to go out and preach to all nations, after you rejected the verses that say that in Mark, and you had NOTHING to say about that. So this is nothing but a stupid little game of yours. So why don't you just throw all of the Gospels out and stop asking about them. Your behavior is completely childish, illogical, skewed and generally disgraceful.

Now again, you have my answer, so STFU and stop repeating yourself like a retarded parrot. It was annoying the FIRST 100 times. Even other users here have told you to shut up and stop repeating yourself. Some have even asked me why I even reply to someone like you. Seems like this is all you know how to do, and you offer no real value here. You have some very, very deep personal issues. Your mind is completely shallow but your personal issues run very deep. Only a very disturbed person would bother to pretend that they used to be a priest, and then run away from any questions about that because they know they are lying about that. What did you think you could possibly gain by pretending you were a priest? It takes a very stupid person with deep personal issues to do something like that.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183081 Jul 18, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
This can be done through education, providing incentives like free or subsidized vocational training in certain trades/school and college scholarships, giving monetary assistance/soft long term loans to the needy to help them set up small scale or cottage industries, elimination of middle men who pay producers a pittance while jacking up prices and in the process fleecing the producers as well as the buyers, providing better remuneration for producers of food and essential items of home use manufactured in home industries and enactment of certain laws like for instance prohibiting damaging eugenic practices like incest, inbreeding and hypogamy.
That all makes good sense.
hope your chaps will have the courage to implement such policies.
Stop exploitation.
Stop celluloid make believe cheap bollywood dreams.
They need to wake up.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183082 Jul 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
my deluded slave...do you like straws, man? or do you like strawmen? or even prefer to cluth clutch...and clutch?
Poor clujeless slave who has NO answers.
I didn't see any answer to my questions about where the Quran says the exact words that I requested. So I behave exactly like you do, and suddenly that is no fair. So just STFU unless you want to start being a fair broker. I do not participate in one sided conversations where only you have any say what they should be about. You can never do anything to defend Islam on a forum about Islam, and that is what makes you particularly disgraceful. So you have to control what the conversation is about because you know so little, and have to therefore keep it in your tiny little comfort zone baby pool.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183083 Jul 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have answered it.
The synoptic Gospels do not say EXACTLY what YOU demand them to say. Each Gospel has different purposes. Each author decided to tell about different aspects of Jesus.
WE HAVE A RESULT!!!

You AGREE then that your answers to my questions are:

Show us where Jesus is making DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels "starting" with MARK:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
Seeker's ANSWER: Sorry, there is NONE/ZERO in MARK, MATT or LUKE.

2. "I am God!"

3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"

4. "I am God in person"

5. "I am God Incarnate"

6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"

7. "I am made of sin"

8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"

9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"

10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"

11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"

12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"

13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”

14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"

15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"

16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”

17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

FINALLY MY SLAVE HAS ADMITTED!

Now let's go on to John by many johnnies!
USE THE SAME TEMPLATE, my slave.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183084 Jul 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see any answer to my questions about where the Quran says the exact words that I requested. So I behave exactly like you do, and suddenly that is no fair. So just STFU unless you want to start being a fair broker. I do not participate in one sided conversations where only you have any say what they should be about. You can never do anything to defend Islam on a forum about Islam, and that is what makes you particularly disgraceful. So you have to control what the conversation is about because you know so little, and have to therefore keep it in your tiny little comfort zone baby pool.
Slave, STFU.
You answer my questions as you are my slave.
Do what you are told.
Now get on with John...as you could not find ANY from the Synoptic Gospels!

Now let's go on to John by many johnnies!
USE THE SAME TEMPLATE, my slave.

Show us where Jesus is making DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in John:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

NO NEED FOR EXPLANATIONS OR INTERPRETATIONS. JUST "YES" OR "NO" FOR EACH QUESTION PLEASE WITH PROOF.

Good boy.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#183085 Jul 18, 2013
While science can help alleviate poverty and suffering by growing sufficient food for the world's population, reduce income gaps between the haves and have nots through employment generation and successfully treat a large range of diseases, what it cannot do is to defeat death and to find a cure for emotional distress, egoism, personality defects and mental pain.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183086 Jul 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
WE HAVE A RESULT!!!
You AGREE then that your answers to my questions are:
I already answered about John a long time ago and most of my answers were yes to your questions and the other questions in your list were either ridiculous or redundant and you rejected it because it was John. So I'm not going to repeat my answers again and further waste my time. I had to spend a lot of time quoting verses to answer every stupid little question on your list, and I'm not going to do it again. You do the work and go back and find where I already answered it. And I'm not even going to continue in the conversation, and there is no need for the Gospels to say EXACTLY what YOU demand they say in the EXACT words that YOU dictate in order for one to derive conclusions from them. And I even gave you two examples about the Quran where it does not say exactly what I think it should say, but the meaning can be inferred and you refused to answer why it does not say the exact words I demanded, like you do. You do not answer questions posed to you and merely say that the only things that can be discussed are exactly what you want to discuss. I'm not participating in a one way conversion, so either you start answering questions put to you, or you can forget about any further conversation. I have no idea why I even wasted time to answer your questions by using John, except for the fact that you did not initially state that you would not allow answers from John.

Now either you start reciprocating by answering questions posed to you, or you can forget abut any conversation. If you think that I am going to let you completely control the conversation to your liking, then you are completely out of your mind.

Oh, and btw, aside from my questions about the Quran that mirror your stupid questions, I'm still waiting for your source for Isaiah 9:6, and we both know that I will never get that and we both know why. So I'm not answering anymore questions only to see you make excuses or try tricks when it is your turn. I would have to be a complete idiot to trust anything you promise to do. Afterall, you have already shown that you are even willing to lie about being a priest if you think that will get you somewhere.

And if you think that I have lied by merely making a mistake about a Hebrew word, then that means that BMZ lied as well when he made a mistake about when IBN Kathir lived. But notice, I let that go and did not call him a liar, because it was simply a mistake and I am not a disgraceful, desperate and dishonest little troll like you are. I have character and a sense of honor. You obviously have NONE. You are actually the only person who has outright lied on this forum, and you KNOW that and you KNOW you got caught, which is why you are so desperate to make me out to be a liar in revenge. And I think it is clear that you have attempted to lie or play tricks about other things as well, but I'm not even going to bother to go into them because you and I both know the truth, and you will never admit to anything anyway. A liar never can.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183087 Jul 18, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Slave, STFU.
You answer my questions as you are my slave.'
Well I guess I am not your slave, because you ain't gettin squat unless you decide to stop behaving like a little baby tyrant and step up into a proper conversation. So let's see just how much I am your slave. LOL!!!

You truly and honestly have no idea what an idiot you actually are, do you. It's absolutely amazing.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#183088 Jul 18, 2013
UTILITY OF MATH:

The famous astronomer, Galileo Galilei observed in 1623 that the entire universe is “written in the language of mathematics”. Is this true?

JOEL - Mmmmm, yes, where physical processes are concerned, math rules. However, Math cannot deduce sentience and emotional and psychological states or personality traits that're based on emotional and mental qualities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 16 min Eagle 12 4,345
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... Tue Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) Sun Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May 19 Patrick 219
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist May 19 New Beginning 1
News Witches for Sanders? Democratic Candidate Finds... May 16 Truth 2
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) May 16 Eagle 12 770
More from around the web