Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 220747 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182951 Jul 17, 2013
uhuh wrote:
in Judaism, cousin marriage is not one of the forbidden relations, according to Torah or de-rabbanan
Protestant churches also do not forbid it
only CATHOLICS forbid it, by decree of emperors and councils of bishops in the 4th century
Again I must remind you that Born Again Christians nor any religion makes laws in this country. The Secular government makes all law. The church is forbidden to make or participate in the law making process. So blame your government not we Christians for the law of the land.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#182952 Jul 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>If any religion lies, that has only to be Christianity, Seeker.

The amount of lies it has generated against God and the servant Jesus are so many that the entire broadband would not suffice.

Good night.
Give your life to Jesus and do not let your leaders threaten you with death for rejecting Islam satanic doctrine of moon-god worshiping!

Jesus is alive, Muhammed is dead.

Jesus is God, Allah is not.

Islam : Wolf in peace's clothing.

Look around, Christian countries are blessed, Muslim countries are cursed.

Westerville, OH

#182953 Jul 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure that you are being very rational by just simply telling people they are going to hell. Who are YOU to decide that? Just do what you think is right, and if you want to debate, then just simply do that, even if you feel the justified need for an insult or two. But wishing that people go to hell? Isn't that for God to decide and not you? You aren't just simply annoyed with all of the clear tricks they play, as you should be, you are intensely angry, and that can't be good. It's one thing to tell them off, but wishing hell upon them?
Mohammed founded a whole religion, Islam, by threatening people to go to hell.

Muslims are used to that! That is their way operandi, SOP.

That is all they do, threatening people into an imaginary hell.

Westerville, OH

#182954 Jul 17, 2013
uhuh wrote:
having kept Judaism on a leash, leaving the Temple mount as a refuse dump,
next, the evil christians wished to do the same to the new rival religion - Islam

but the "disciples" of Muhammad weren't as weak and dumb as the disciples of Jesus -- they launched pre-emptive strikes first before the christian hordes could even enter Arabia lol
"Pre-emptive strike"? That reminds me of Israel wining in six days!!!

Westerville, OH

#182955 Jul 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>And look at the results of the Muslim failures.
Muslims are killing Muslims.
Does Sunnies hate Shia more than Jews?

Islam is all about who do you hate more!!!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182956 Jul 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its all true Alex.
You have a mental block in your brain that is stopping you from coming to the knowledge of truth.
You are not a humble person Alex.
If you humble yourself before the Lord, God will enlighten your mind to Gods truth.
You need to repent and make an act of contrition from within your heart and confess your sins to God and put your self pride aside and allow Jesus the Son of God to come into your life.
An act of contrition is acknowledging you have sinned against God and you are sorry for offending the Holiness and Goodness of God your creator.
You make hurtful remarks, Shamma.
I humble myself before the LORD GOD of Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jesus and Muhsmmed (Pbuh).
My challenge is simple.
Prove to me that a Jewish man called Jesus is God.
You claim that "God is a Trinity".
Surely such a claim needs to be verified by ATLEAST Jesus.
Please can you produce evidence from Jesus that "God is a Trinity" and that he is part of that Trinity?
Why not try showing me some proof from the Synoptic gospels.
While at it please answer the following in a DIRECT manner because Seeker is unable to tackle this:
We need you to show Jesus making claims in the first person as follows, in Synoptic Gospels starting with MARK:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
If you can't show proof from the Synoptic Gospels starting with Mark, then you best admit it.
Thank you, Shamma.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#182957 Jul 17, 2013
uhuh wrote:
In Judaism, cousin marriage is not one of the forbidden relations, according to Torah or de-rabbanan

Protestant churches also do not forbid it
Yeah, evil cults like Judaism, Protestantism and Islam promote evil eugenic practices like incest - a case of evil promoting and indulging in evil. Expected.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182958 Jul 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Well-said, bro
Thank you, bro.
Hope your blessed Ramadan fast is going well.
Salaams, Alex WM
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182959 Jul 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
How can the creator be a him? LOL.
her? it?
does it matter?

Location hidden

#182960 Jul 17, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Does God in Qujran tell you "he" is human or has human qualities?
His traits are human-like - you God smiles, rages, gets jealous, loves, abuses, threatens and so on. A clear case of anthropopathy.

Islam is an anthropopathic cult that's an extension of abominations like Judaism and Christianity and Judaism is an extension of the satanic Babylonian cults.

Pure religion based on teachings that're sublime, compassionate, non-violent, universal, introspective, rational, mystical and leading to self-realization are Buddhism and its parent, Vedanta. Jainism and Sikhism are also benign sects.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182961 Jul 17, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ & Ramadan Mubarakh! L M A O ! Aristocracies world wide and generations deep have practiced Incest in order to keep it(ALL) in the family,so to speak.Yet no one seems to be giving a shite about it.Its only when it becomes a Muslim-practice that renders it appalling! CheerZ
LOL....wow again, and SalaamZ, dear Rabbeen Al Jihad the skinner of sinners!
The "Royalty and their incestuous clans" keep the pub and grab commoner marriages at bay!
No wonder the Aristos have all the worldly goods and power to themselves..lol. They don't waste time looking for outsiders to share their loot.
CheerZ.

Location hidden

#182962 Jul 17, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

her? it?

does it matter?
Yes, it indicates the anthropopathy of the minor being styling itself as God.

Given Allah's numerous human-like traits, it's obvious that Allah can either take a masculine or a feminine gender like many of the minor archetypal beings of the vital planes.

A genderless being would be egoless and as such would not interfere in human affairs, would not wish to be worshipped and would not display human emotions/whims. It would simply vibrate in its own dimension and play its supporting role of maintaining the cosmic operations of manifestation, sustenance and dissolution or unification as the case may be.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182963 Jul 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
His traits are human-like - you God smiles, rages, gets jealous, loves, abuses, threatens and so on. A clear case of anthropopathy.
Islam is an anthropopathic cult that's an extension of abominations like Judaism and Christianity and Judaism is an extension of the satanic Babylonian cults.
Pure religion based on teachings that're sublime, compassionate, non-violent, universal, introspective, rational, mystical and leading to self-realization are Buddhism and its parent, Vedanta. Jainism and Sikhism are also benign sects.
Utter rubbish. When did Allah say "he" was jealous?
All the Vedic "gods" are VERY human. How many jealous gods are there.
You forget that humans may have inherited some very cut down version of God's qualities.
Which came first? Chicken or egg?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182964 Jul 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Be honest..
Come out and say
"I AM A (confused) HINDU"

Location hidden

#182965 Jul 17, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

When did Allah say "he" was jealous?
First, allow me to begin with some definitions:

jealous: 1. intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness; disposed to suspect rivalry or unfaithfulness 2. hostile toward a rival or one believed to enjoy an advantage 3. vigilant in guarding a possession

jealousy: 1. a jealous disposition, attitude, or feeling 2. zealous vigilance

El states in the Tanakh, "I am a jealous god."

Allah and El are one, right?

Besides, Allah of the Quran need not say in explicit terms that he's jealous but his actions and words scream "jealousy" when he talks of other faiths/gods that he condemns, when confronted by apostasy and when he does not permit his followers freedom of thought, words and deeds except what he recommends - jealousy coupled with rage.

LOL.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182967 Jul 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam was not fathering children continuously for 900 years. LMAO! Try fathering a child when you are 95.........
AHHHHHH.....
Now that smashes the "loved little Isaac" theory!
How old were Avram and Serai when their "loved" child (as opposed to "hated child) was born!
God loved Ishmael.
But later insertions to give preference to Isaac instead of Ishmael(and Jacob instead of Esau) do not stand the "truth" test.
Thanks for giving us the portrayal of tired Adam/man at 95!

Location hidden

#182968 Jul 17, 2013
I am not a Hindu and am not even an ethnic Indian.

Location hidden

#182969 Jul 17, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

You forget that humans may have inherited some very cut down version of God's qualities.
Our physical, emotional and psychological qualities are watered down aspects of their universal equivalents.

So, humans get angry, jealous, are whimsical, possessive, murderous, proud, martial, revengeful, forgiving, charitable to the ones who they have affection for, narcissistic, megalomanical, dictatorial and the like.

If a minor being, like say Allah, posing as God, possesses the very same inferior human attributes then it can be said that both the human race and this so-called God are aspects of the lower or unregenerate nature. There are millions of such archetypal beings (like Allah ) on the lower planes of cosmic existence with anthropopathic qualities.

The higher beings of say the supramental or the bliss ranges are above anthropopathism, while the Absolute or the Origin is simply pure consciousness with an innate energy component.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182970 Jul 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
First, allow me to begin with some definitions:
jealous: 1. intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness; disposed to suspect rivalry or unfaithfulness 2. hostile toward a rival or one believed to enjoy an advantage 3. vigilant in guarding a possession
jealousy: 1. a jealous disposition, attitude, or feeling 2. zealous vigilance
El states in the Tanakh, "I am a jealous god."
Allah and El are one, right?
Besides, Allah of the Quran need not say in explicit terms that he's jealous but his actions and words scream "jealousy" when he talks of other faiths/gods that he condemns, when confronted by apostasy and when he does not permit his followers freedom of thought, words and deeds except what he recommends - jealousy coupled with rage.
LOL.
We have always maintained that there are insertions in other scriptures.
The Church says Jesus is El.
Do you want us to accept that Allah and Jesus are one?
Please Joel, stop shooting blanks.
Just try and work out what Quran says about the majesty, the mercy that radiates from God.

You forget something...
God has given us all the conditions - physical, spiritual, metaphysical plus a host of others, needed to procreate, survive and carry on with our tasks.

Here are simple examples..
The water is freezing during winter...and if you chose to jump in deep without adequate precaution you will be dead fairly quickly.
Does it mean that the angry ice water is taking revenge? No!

If the law of the land is ..."death penalty for murder".
If you decide to kill your non compliant servant who is protecting her posterior from your adventurous shaft...AND when the Judge sentences you to death, does it mean the judge is jealous and angry?

Similarly God has given us rules and by breaking them if we end up being worse off, that does not mean God is taking revenge.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#182971 Jul 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
I am not a Hindu and am not even an ethnic Indian.
What/who are you?
Be brave and tell us what you believe in and how many are like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Divine Right of Kings and Generals (Aug '13) 21 hr The Prophet Smell... 28
HELP Wicca Covens in my area! (Jun '09) Sun NewWiccanMember 62
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) May 28 Kathwynn 503
Pagans gather for elaborate Wiccan funeral of c... May 28 shell 1
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... May 23 Dragnet52 5
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) May 21 Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead May 19 New Perspective 1
More from around the web